AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 27 25.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 33.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 28.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 10.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.93%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-22, 08:29   Link #61
Sir Alex

Mmm. With episode 8 now just a day or so away, this seems like a good time to post something I noticed a week ago that blew this arc apart. No, I didn't use any information outside the anime to come up with this, nor is it foolproof, but even so...
Spoiler for an extremely important point that the show has been hinting at, I think:

Spoiler for And what, then, of this?:
Old 2006-05-22, 09:09   Link #62
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
The main reason that particulal scene didn't have much of an impact had to be the sound pitch of Mion or the lack of it.
Spoiler:

Old 2006-05-22, 09:21   Link #63
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex
Mmm. With episode 8 now just a day or so away, this seems like a good time to post something I noticed a week ago that blew this arc apart. No, I didn't use any information outside the anime to come up with this, nor is it foolproof, but even so...
Spoiler for an extremely important point that the show has been hinting at, I think:

Spoiler for And what, then, of this?:
Don't have time now to review the scene but
Spoiler:

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-05-22, 10:21   Link #64
Beyond the Shave

Wow! I never would have noticed that. Great find.
Old 2006-05-22, 11:00   Link #65
FubaredByAnime

That would be some detective work if what you say is true. Then the comparative scene would be when
Spoiler:

Oh man, I'm at work, so I can't check that. Have to wait eight hours.
Old 2006-05-22, 11:04   Link #66
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Spoiler:

Old 2006-05-22, 11:13   Link #67
Vicke

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-22, 11:15   Link #68
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I remember back in school i used to switch around which hand i used to carry my bag - really i don't think that has anything to do with it.

& just like what Matrim said, you could proof this lil' idea of with anything Shion or Mion have done with there hands.
Old 2006-05-22, 11:24   Link #69
Hellkat672

damn double posting.
Old 2006-05-22, 11:25   Link #70
Hellkat672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicke
Yes maybe not but it doesnt make sense why she then would wear Shions clothes when she makes the second phone call. To bad we dont get to see the other person on the third call.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-22, 11:47   Link #71
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-22, 12:38   Link #72
monir
cho~ kakkoii

The main question that is plaguing me from this episode is, how does the inspector know Shion is missing after the night of the festival? If this fact is taken for granted, all the suspicion automatically falls on Mion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Spoiler:
Mion's voice was indeed chilling. The voice itself isn't at fault, rather, it's how the face was animated in that scene. If this scene was seen for the first time with the mute button in your media player turned on, how would you have imagined her tone of voice of speaking after seeing her face contoured in rage such a way? I suppose, in the end, it's all matter of personal point of view.
Old 2006-05-22, 13:04   Link #73
FubaredByAnime

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
The main question that is plaguing me from this episode is, how does the inspector know Shion is missing after the night of the festival? If this fact is taken for granted, all the suspicion automatically falls on Mion.
I don't think Oishi stated that Shion went missing after the night of the festival, only that she went missing as stated to Keiichi in the car. I too originally thought he meant that, but after watching the car interrogation scene again, I realize that he said she's missing, with no time noted. The reason I checked was because Oishi saw both Keiichi and Shion (or Mion) at the Library, so that's probably the last time anybody saw her, so it wouldn't make sense for Oishi not to think of that day. I suspect that Shion was reported missing the day after the library meeting (or the day before car interrogation).

Memento has a good timeline description on his blog, so you may want to refer to that as an aid.
Old 2006-05-22, 13:17   Link #74
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

You know. (I blitzed through all the episodes subbed yesterday.) Mion is the one that´s been scaring the shit out of me time and time again. First when she looks at through the spring between the door and the wall in the first arc. When they gave him the onigiri. (That scared the shit out of me.) Then later on we have the moments with the ladder and the laughs through the phone. They really gave me the chills.

It feels like it´s been ages since I found a really good horror/thriller movie/series. Higurashi made me start to bite my nails again.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-05-22, 14:56   Link #75
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubaredByAnime
I don't think Oishi stated that Shion went missing after the night of the festival, only that she went missing as stated to Keiichi in the car. I too originally thought he meant that, but after watching the car interrogation scene again, I realize that he said she's missing, with no time noted. The reason I checked was because Oishi saw both Keiichi and Shion (or Mion) at the Library, so that's probably the last time anybody saw her, so it wouldn't make sense for Oishi not to think of that day. I suspect that Shion was reported missing the day after the library meeting (or the day before car interrogation).
In the game, Oishi mentioned that she went missing the day after the festival, and that the library encounter (which took place the day after the festival) was the last time anyone has seen her.

The anime tends to leave out some important things at times, I don't know why they do that.
Old 2006-05-22, 14:57   Link #76
Gackt=good

Hmm well fist of all the ladder scene. You really think of a higher crazier voice when you say Mion's face so that's the only thing that bothered me.

But something important(^.^) When the Watangashi chapter begins it says: "Jealousy". So maybe Mion is actually jealous at Shion and that would explain why she stayed in Shion's clothes even at home. Well this is all pure speculation, but maybe worth looking at?

BTW: I love this anime.
Old 2006-05-22, 15:14   Link #77
FubaredByAnime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
In the game, Oishi mentioned that she went missing the day after the festival, and that the library encounter (which took place the day after the festival) was the last time anyone has seen her.

The anime tends to leave out some important things at times, I don't know why they do that.
Darn anime! Not the first time lack of info screwed me over! But I do have the tendency of looking of scrutinizing every small bit of detail ad nauseum. Oh well.
Old 2006-05-22, 17:06   Link #78
Cogwheim
Former Immortal, Future:

Send a message via AIM to Cogwheim
Identical twins have the same dominant hand.

(Pretend that was handwritten in an ornate, cursive fashion, perhaps using a fountain pen. So there you have it. My signature.)
Old 2006-05-22, 18:19   Link #79
Mei Hikari

So, um, WinD released a second version of episode 7. They changed the "no blood" line from Mion to "that's it".

And it doesn't turn red anymore. Is that significant?
Old 2006-05-22, 18:32   Link #80
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei Hikari
So, um, WinD released a second version of episode 7. They changed the "no blood" line from Mion to "that's it".

And it doesn't turn red anymore. Is that significant?
No, it seems they re-translated the part on the note that I made in post #15 of this thread.
Closed Thread