3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-06, 22:02   Link #61
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Because they're trying to colonize the planet. And typically in colonization warfare, you wipe out the native population.

Also in doing so they can enrage the enemy military, and that sometimes can cause them to slip up when they're not thinking clearly.
Old 2012-05-06, 22:08   Link #62
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

They want to cleanse the of all native Earthlings. Be it civilian or military.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 22:11   Link #63
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Am I the only one thinking that Flit's new hair style looks like Akuma from street fighter
Spoiler for SSF4:

Spoiler for Age 3:

I think the new captain was picked because her last name stands out in a bad way in the list...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 22:11   Link #64
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
I don't get it, why did Vagan prioritize in attacking civilians?
Quantity > Quality?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 22:18   Link #65
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
So Vagan genocide evil, Flit genocide good, ok thanks for clearing that up.

The problem with the Vagans initially coming back was the fact that no one knew they existed. Plus if there are all these colonies around the Earth it's hard to believe a massive group of people can just move back without issue. Very possible we've got some population control in place. Of course shouldn't have been a problem later. Sadly by that point a crazy leader emerged and took things to a point where peace talks weren't going to happen.

So since we haven't seen good people with the Vagans we should commit genocide? It's certainly not possible at all that the leadership would only advance those who shared their beliefs right? That'd be like saying in WW2 all Germans should have been killed because all that the Allies met in battle were Nazi soldiers.
If you watched the episode Flit stated firmly to Kio that the main target is Ezcelant himself.

If they take out Ezcelant, they can end the war which is pretty much the alternative to wiping out the Vagans.

Quote:
And Flit is wrong for the path he's going down.
And I ask again, what path is he taking?

So far all he's done is act in the defense of the Earth Federation by protecting the civilians. Why is that so hard to understand that?

Quote:
That's a beautiful dream. Unfortunately the worst part of circular arguments is that no one will ever stop. Still good to dream though.
Oh I'm sorry I didn't get the memo we're not allowed to voice our opinions and facts. I'll remember that next time. I guess I'll jump on your bandwagon and join in on the Flit is evil and is stupid for trying to fight back to protect his family and the Earth.

Quote:
So all Flit has done is saying he will exterminate the Vagan, and people think he's a bigger asshole than the Vagan? Really?
Pretty much, this is the first series where I've seen the audience get pissed off more of a character that says angry things compared to another character that actually does said bad things it's sad and pathetic.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2012-05-06 at 22:29. Reason: Not bothering anymore
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 22:23   Link #66
maplehurry

Quote:
I don't get it, why did Vagan prioritize in attacking civilians?
Because they are Vegan. Must kill all meat eaters and concrete buildings.

Though personally I am hoping there's a "deeper" reasoning, like ME's reapers.

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry I didn't get the memo we're not allowed to voice our opinions and facts. I'll remember that next time.
It's fine of course, it's just that a certain line of argument have already been mentioned many times by now, not that you are the only one responsible...
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 22:28   Link #67
SagaraSouske

I think action speaks louder then words. Despite what Flit said about exterminate all Vagans. His actions points to nothing of the sort. So far the only Vagans Flit has seen are Vagan military and his hatred is really directed towards them. He may yet changes his mind if EFF somehow get to Vagan sphere and see there are civilians there. You can't really accuse Flit of something he has yet done and only based on what he claim he will do.
Old 2012-05-06, 22:58   Link #68
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

So many people living in a bubble...

There is no good and bad in war, just bad, and worse.

In WWII the allies leveled entire countries to the ground. How many civilians do you think died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki? yet we were considered to be the good guys. See my point?

They Vagans didnt invent the wheel here guys. That's warfare 101 right there.
Old 2012-05-06, 23:03   Link #69
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

And your point is?

I heard you said something about Flit is worse. I have yet to see how could he be worse.
Old 2012-05-06, 23:14   Link #70
Dark Wing

Lets see we have...

The Diva: An "obsolete" warship

Bridge Crew: Made up of outcasts and troublemakers.

Ms.Einus: An inexperienced and untested captain believed to have only gotten her rank because of nepotism.

Flint: A cranky retired borderline genocidal war hero.

Kio: A 13 year old ace pilot trained on videogames.

Obright: An obviously bitter veteran who uses an out of date, but heavily customized machine.

How many "Ragtag Bunch of Misfits" tropes are they going to use? I'm half expecting the Diva crew to turn the war around within the next 6 or 7 episodes...Whose with me on this one?
Old 2012-05-06, 23:32   Link #71
Nivek von Beldo

The Chapter was Close but not cigar to be excellent, Again some plot elements(the Fuc@@@ Kids and the 'rookie' crew would have been forgivable in the first generation, but not now), the whole chapter rest in the Asunos Shoulder... And they delivered it excelent.

In general i don't feel it short,, in fact the whole kids scene would have been cut and nothing would have been lost, the whole thing with the "Ragtag Bunch of Misfits" was like a 'player punch' to the Asunos and the watcher... but still the Asunos are the start of this series, let see how Frederick without doubt give greenlight to Flit plans.... The generatio is still full of Incompetency but can survive.

In general the battle was fine, Zehart was nerfed somehow as commander, but wing a big hax as pilot in the timeskip.

Waiting for the dessert chapter, seeing the Age-3 new toys are much better than Generation 1 ones(rocketto pawch)

Rate of the Chapter: 9.0(the before was 10, why level-5,why...)
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 23:39   Link #72
monster

Of all the things to pick up from previous Gundam series, I wish they had not chosen the children.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 23:45   Link #73
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
I think action speaks louder then words. Despite what Flit said about exterminate all Vagans. His actions points to nothing of the sort. So far the only Vagans Flit has seen are Vagan military and his hatred is really directed towards them. He may yet changes his mind if EFF somehow get to Vagan sphere and see there are civilians there. You can't really accuse Flit of something he has yet done and only based on what he claim he will do.
Not sure if I agree with that. If he doesn't consider the Vagans to be human and sees them as evil how can we believe he only connects that to their military? Flit can't be insane enough not to connect the idea that there are Vagan civilians. It's a stretch to think that Flit has separated things in his mind like that. He has hatred for the Vagans and I can't recall him ever separating their civilians and their military. Think you are underestimating the power of words anyways. After all the mindsets of those around him like Kio will be molded by his words. I'm not having Flit stringed up yet, but he's on a dangerous road there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
And your point is?

I heard you said something about Flit is worse. I have yet to see how could he be worse.
From what I saw Revolutionist only said Flit was as bad and worse than ever (as compared to Flit's earlier state). Can't see how Flit is better than he used to be. After all spent his retirement turning his grandson into a better soldier who'd follow his orders compared to Asemu.
Old 2012-05-06, 23:51   Link #74
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Of all the things to pick up from previous Gundam series, I wish they had not chosen the children.
Amen to that bro... but that was Sunrise was always....
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 23:52   Link #75
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Lets see we have...

The Diva: An "obsolete" warship

Bridge Crew: Made up of outcasts and troublemakers.

Ms.Einus: An inexperienced and untested captain believed to have only gotten her rank because of nepotism.

Flint: A cranky retired borderline genocidal war hero.

Kio: A 13 year old ace pilot trained on videogames.

Obright: An obviously bitter veteran who uses an out of date, but heavily customized machine.

How many "Ragtag Bunch of Misfits" tropes are they going to use? I'm half expecting the Diva crew to turn the war around within the next 6 or 7 episodes...Whose with me on this one?
I think Yunoa, Wendy and the three kids are going to join
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 00:02   Link #76
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
From what I saw Revolutionist only said Flit was as bad and worse than ever (as compared to Flit's earlier state). Can't see how Flit is better than he used to be. After all spent his retirement turning his grandson into a better soldier who'd follow his orders compared to Asemu.
Yeah a shame Asemu didn't follow Flit's orders like when Flit told him specifically NOT to use that Vagan tech helment that would end up damaging his brain. Shame on Flit.

As others have stated here Flit is more or less the same. He's hated the Vagans with a passion since the day his mother was killed and so far their actions haven't exactly garnered any sympathy for him to change that mindset. Decil probably could've but that kid turned into a super devil. I don't see how he could be better or worse anyways when nothing with the Vagans have changed. I'm sure the entire Federation by now is aware of the origins of the Vagans.

And like I stated you cannot ignore the fact that Flit has pretty much grown up knowing nothing but fighting the Vagans as that's all it's been. The show does a good job displaying him as a "cranky old" soldier of the old guard that try to do things his way (seriously who here has never seen an old veteran try to take or maintain control over things because they feel only they can do it?). Fortunately the "new guard" are more or less capable of standing up to him as the MS commander showed and Flit backed down. The end of this episode had him stepping aside and giving everything over to the new guard.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 00:43   Link #77
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Am I the only one thinking that Flit's new hair style looks like Akuma from street fighter
finally someone mentioned it too lol, yep i notice that right away, Flit looks like Akuma

Flit should die since his like Akuma an embodiment of violence
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 00:54   Link #78
xellos2099

It seems interesting that the only people who respect Filt are his gandson and his former aid. Or like all anime series, all mid-level commander are useless? (Quote from LOGH)
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 03:50   Link #79
grss1982

So Earth invaded + Inexperienced ship screw is the last hope + next episode in the desert = MSG much?

Watching the captain being so indecisive made me one to punch out my computer monitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
It seems interesting that the only people who respect Filt are his gandson and his former aid. Or like all anime series, all mid-level commander are useless? (Quote from LOGH)
That had me thinking as well. Years after the corruption in the Federation is cleansed by Flit, the federation now gets idiotic commanders like that? That guy must be a supporter of the old administration of something. :P
Old 2012-05-07, 04:24   Link #80
atilim
Knightmare

As always Flit was baddass, his arrogance alone makes him the best Gundam protagonist. Given orders while he has zero authority was epic.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion