AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-03, 11:40   Link #641
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I just came up with an idea of a scene for one of the last episodes of this series. Considering what I know now of the characters, halfway through the season...

Alto is going to try and get Ranka to sing, and she's going to ask him why, and can't they just be together. That even if they die, at least they'd die together, blah blah blah. Then Alto will have to slap her to make her grow up and see that things are more than just about her. (anybody getting DYRL vibes yet? Hmmm?).

Westlo and some others should see where I'm going with that scene... I think there's a high possibility of it happening. This is speculation only, but the odds are lining up...
Old 2008-07-03, 21:19   Link #642
SymphonicRain

After ep13, I guess we finally know what does
Spoiler:
really means later on.
Old 2008-07-03, 21:23   Link #643
zalem

That episode title sounds morbid. I wonder who it is saying goodbye? Is it because Ranka disappears somewhere (cause you know there is no way she is going to die at that point) or does this mean Ozma or Brera will bite the dust? Though since Brera still needs his background delved into he is probably safe (plot shield). So Ozma?
Old 2008-07-03, 21:24   Link #644
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Seven. . . . . days. . . . .

Until the next showing, so we can find out

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
That episode title sounds morbid. I wonder who it is saying goodbye?
3 candidates, Ozma, Ranka or Brera.

- Tak (Dammit, this anxiety is killing me!!! UGH!!!)
Old 2008-07-03, 21:53   Link #645
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
3 candidates, Ozma, Ranka or Brera.

I don't trust them anymore. We've had Quazmin, First-generation Macross, 'Memories of Global,' and now "die, galactic fairy!!!"

If we can't even trust the spoilers, what can we trust?!?!!?

*goes back to his padded room*
Old 2008-07-03, 22:00   Link #646
Tak

If Kawamori is reading this, he'd be snickering happily right now.

"Thats right! Speculate some more! Heh heh heh heh... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! WAGHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!"

- Tak
Old 2008-07-03, 23:59   Link #647
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
If Kawamori is reading this, he'd be snickering happily right now.

"Thats right! Speculate some more! Heh heh heh heh... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! WAGHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!"

- Tak
Since he is laughing the hardest here... Does that mean he loves the speculators the best?
Old 2008-07-04, 02:47   Link #648
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Since he is laughing the hardest here... Does that mean he loves the speculators the best?
Very clever.
Old 2008-07-04, 04:27   Link #649
Terra

Quote:
[I]3 candidates, Ozma, Ranka or Brera.

Actually after ep 13 I was wondering if it might be Nanase. Just a wierd feeling from that scene of her baby stting the little green thing. Plus she does kind of act like a sister to Ranka.

But my feeling is really on Brera.
Old 2008-07-04, 04:35   Link #650
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Actually after ep 13 I was wondering if it might be Nanase. Just a wierd feeling from that scene of her baby stting the little green thing. Plus she does kind of act like a sister to Ranka.
That'd be a bit anti-climactic... and then Nanase will forever go down as one of the more pointless characters. I think she still can serve a purpose in the future.

Quote:
I have to agree, there's too much Ozma that's left untouched. Considering the amount of hints and foreshadowing from Ep13, we'll probably get more flashbacks in Ep14 during the fight as well some brother/sis dialog...

Then poof. Who knows though?

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-04, 04:49   Link #651
Terra

Another random thought, maybe the attack on Galaxy was supposed to originally be aimed at killing Sheryl, but it happened too soon. It wouldn't really matter where she died, so long as she died since it'll cause an ulmighty uproar wherever it happened.
Old 2008-07-04, 04:49   Link #652
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post

Heh, I had the thought of an incredibly gory scene where the mini-Vajra begins to grow and needs some bio-mass.
Old 2008-07-04, 04:58   Link #653
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
That'd be a bit anti-climactic... and then Nanase will forever go down as one of the more pointless characters. I think she still can serve a purpose in the future.

I have to agree, there's too much Ozma that's left untouched. Considering the amount of hints and foreshadowing from Ep13, we'll probably get more flashbacks in Ep14 during the fight as well some brother/sis dialog...

Then poof. Who knows though?
Well, if "Goodbye" is used in the same context as "Goodbye Girl", it doesn't mean someone ordering the sirloin steak with a side of pine salad, but someone leaving for another place indefinitely.

So it could be Brera revealing himself to Ranka and having a talk, then heading off somewhere by himself or Ranka being taken away by her rescuers.
Old 2008-07-04, 05:08   Link #654
Terra

It could also be a full flashback to Ranka's childhood and the Vajra attack and the title could mean when Brera and Ranka became seperated. Since we know he's at least part machine. He's not exactly the same person he was when they were together.
Old 2008-07-04, 05:44   Link #655
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

I am wondering what's Grace's motive in promoting racial hatred in killing Sheryl.
I now really suspects that she is a death merchant working for Luca's family. Manipulating the government and Vajra for war, thus profit to LAI company. I now fear that Luca might be a part of the conspiracy too, could he gave Alto the fold booster on purpose to carry out Grace's plan?

This is just a crazy theory I have in mind.... the Zentradi boss behind the mushroom head was interested in obtaining LAI's new fold technology. Assume Vajra is a part of LAI's biotech product updated with the fold technology, then assume Ranka's parents are actually Zentradi spies infiltrated LAI to steal the related research. They then hide whatever they found in Ranka, but they get caught by LAI and Vajra are sent to eliminate them. But whatever inside Ranka has lead them to go out of control and completly destroy her homeship. Now Grace is after Ranka to retake whatever is inside her to regain control of Vajra. The whole incident might just be a capitalistic race of profit between LAI and Zentradi.
Old 2008-07-04, 05:56   Link #656
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niu View Post
This is just a crazy theory I have in mind.... the Zentradi boss behind the mushroom head was interested in obtaining LAI's new fold technology. Assume Vajra is a part of LAI's biotech product updated with the fold technology, then assume Ranka's parents are actually Zentradi spies infiltrated LAI to steal the related research. They then hide whatever they found in Ranka, but they get caught by LAI and Vajra are sent to eliminate them. But whatever inside Ranka has lead them to go out of control and completly destroy her homeship. Now Grace is after Ranka to retake whatever is inside her to regain control of Vajra. The whole incident might just be a capitalistic race of profit between LAI and Zentradi.
I'm sorry dude but in Macross evreything is directly related to the Protoculture and the way you proposed excludes the Protoculture so it can't be true.
Old 2008-07-04, 06:02   Link #657
Wesley84

So what does everyone say? Will we have our first round of minor/secondary character deaths in episode 14 or will it be an enormous cockblock like episode 7, where the SMS glided through to a perfect victory?
Old 2008-07-04, 07:59   Link #658
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
So what does everyone say? Will we have our first round of minor/secondary character deaths in episode 14 or will it be an enormous cockblock like episode 7, where the SMS glided through to a perfect victory?
I hope to see huge losses on Frontier's side. I don't like the plot shield on the good guys.
Old 2008-07-04, 08:49   Link #659
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Here you go again.

The Macross expedition sent at least half a dozen battleships, vs. only 1 vajra battleship. Numerically, the Frontier had the Vajra out gunned and out numbered (at least in the capital ships department). If they don't win, then there is no redemption for humanity.

Yet, they still lost a battleship, and one heavily damaged. Not counting the fighters, the SmS fleet emerged heavily scratched.

You call that perfect? Hardly. 1 battle ship down, 1 heavily damaged and the Galaxy gone, perfect? Apparently only you would think so. And here you claim you are being observational. But how peculiar for you to only muster facts that would serve your convenience. No sir, you are simply being delusional.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2008-07-04 at 11:31.
Old 2008-07-04, 09:23   Link #660
ReddyRedWolf

Read a translation of the SMS medley.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=E1Zbe-4U_x4

Why do have a feeling the original SMS were Zentrans. (Meltrans not included)

It's very sexist. Not to mention it's song likely made by a bunch of male soldiers without encountering culture at first.

Later thru humanity finding out what girls (or Meltrans) can do and what they can do to them.

Gosh I miss the 33rd Marines.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers