AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-12, 13:30   Link #741
Wesley84

They've barely even gotten to know one another. Is it wrong for Ranka to be interested since he's always saving her and reciprocates (or used to) when she sent him a text message? By comparison, he's spent alot of time with Sheryl and he hasn't even made a move on her.
Old 2008-07-12, 13:40   Link #742
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Meh.. while I'm far from a fan of lolicon personally I have no problem with Ranka's looks in regards to a relationship with Alto, she is only 16 so she still has some growing left in her. I just think her and Alto's relationship is based on the wrong things (I shall protect you + crutch)) and that Sheryl is a much better match for Alto... in addition to Sheyrl being made of win.
Thatīs basically a perfect summary of my second point.
Old 2008-07-12, 13:49   Link #743
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Meh.. while I'm far from a fan of lolicon personally I have no problem with Ranka's looks in regards to a relationship with Alto, she is only 16 so she still has some growing left in her. I just think her and Alto's relationship is based on the wrong things (I shall protect you + crutch)) and that Sheryl is a much better match for Alto... in addition to Sheyrl being made of win.
Girls don't grow the same as boys. Their bodies have hit 90-95% of peak by 16-17, where as men will grow into their mid 20's. I don't think Ranka's going to look THAT much different from what she does now unfortunately. Unless we find out she really is 12, in which case she has a lot of growing left.
Old 2008-07-12, 13:54   Link #744
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Girls don't grow the same as boys. Their bodies have hit 90-95% of peak by 16-17, where as men will grow into their mid 20's. I don't think Ranka's going to look THAT much different from what she does now unfortunately. Unless we find out she really is 12, in which case she has a lot of growing left.
Women never stop maturing, while men only grow older.
Old 2008-07-12, 13:59   Link #745
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Ey, I grow a lot in my 17-18, well not in high but in body and face form. I've always been sort, so...
Old 2008-07-12, 14:35   Link #746
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
Ey, I grow a lot in my 17-18, well not in high but in body and face form. I've always been sort, so...
I didn't stop growing until I was 22. But girls I knew from HS don't look anything different in physical size(unless they gained weight) since I knew them 10+ years ago.
Old 2008-07-12, 14:37   Link #747
zalem

Hmm....I'd say that was the case for me. By the time I was 16 I pretty much stopped growing. So Ranka will be loli forever....gah....
Old 2008-07-12, 14:51   Link #748
Terra

Another female who finished growing early and can still pass for someone years younger.

And I also feel that Ranka x Alto is based on all the wrong things.
Old 2008-07-12, 18:56   Link #749
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Hmm....I'd say that was the case for me. By the time I was 16 I pretty much stopped growing. So Ranka will be loli forever....gah....
I had to be thankful for that to be honest. At 15, 75% of girls were taller than me at my High School. It wasn't until I was 16 I started catching up, though I'm still not even average height unfortunately, I'm thankful girls stopped growing at that point, or I'd have a bit of a complex.
Old 2008-07-12, 18:58   Link #750
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Even if she's stopped growing, she may still fill out some.
Old 2008-07-12, 19:26   Link #751
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Even if she's stopped growing, she may still fill out some.
The source of hopes and dreams huh?
Old 2008-07-12, 20:25   Link #752
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The source of hopes and dreams huh?
It's not as unlikely as you'd think. Even girls that remain active and stay in shape after highschool tend to fill out.

On the other hand, Ranka not being involved in sports and presumably maintaining a steady diet would mean there probably won't be a drastic change in her appearance. Possibly her demeanor and her face will likely mature a bit, but her overall body won't change.

Sheryl though has alot to lose by remaining in the hospital for an extended period of time (hospitals suck the life out of you if you let them). She'll probably lose some weight at any rate, and a certain amount of physical strength (she won't go from the ward to performing in less than a day".
Old 2008-07-12, 20:46   Link #753
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
It's not as unlikely as you'd think. Even girls that remain active and stay in shape after highschool tend to fill out.
That is VERY true.

Quote:
On the other hand, Ranka not being involved in sports and presumably maintaining a steady diet would mean there probably won't be a drastic change in her appearance. Possibly her demeanor and her face will likely mature a bit, but her overall body won't change.
We'll have to see what happens. The body can only be manipulated so much through body nutrition and physical activity. Most of how a person develops depends on their genetics and when it's programmed in them to mature.

Quote:
Sheryl though has alot to lose by remaining in the hospital for an extended period of time (hospitals suck the life out of you if you let them). She'll probably lose some weight at any rate, and a certain amount of physical strength (she won't go from the ward to performing in less than a day".
True, but its easier to gain back your original weight (and then some) after being in the Hospital by eating and moving properly.

In Ranka's case, she's stuck the way she is until her biological system kicks in unfortunately. Kinda like Louise from ZnT.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-12, 21:07   Link #754
Wesley84

An example of what I mean is that after six months of being apart, my sister's boyfriend accused her of having become "fat" when they met again. She was just shy of turning twenty when they seperated, and in just six months she had taken on the form of as my dad put it "akin to being a woman, rather than a teenage girl".
Old 2008-07-12, 21:13   Link #755
mike_s_6

But of course Ranka is an anime character, the next thing you know, the designers just decide to give her the luckiest growth spurt :P
Old 2008-07-12, 21:18   Link #756
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
But of course Ranka is an anime character, the next thing you know, the designers just decide to give her the luckiest growth spurt :P
I think a subtle change, like we saw at the end of episode 12 or during her glamour shots at the photo shoot would serve her better than gaining a set of knockers.
Old 2008-07-13, 06:50   Link #757
Avira
fanart-fan :D

wait...Ranka is 16??? Sorry I just started watching this anime(I just got to episode 4)
I thought she was 13 or 14.
Until now she seemed to be a sister type, no (serious) romance. How old are Alto and Sheryl btw?
Old 2008-07-13, 07:01   Link #758
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Ranka starts the series at fifteen. She has her birthday fairly in the series timeline, which is when she becomes sixteen.

Alto and Sheryl start the series at seventeen, but Alto turns eighteen sometime around episode 11/12.
Old 2008-07-13, 07:02   Link #759
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
wait...Ranka is 16??? Sorry I just started watching this anime(I just got to episode 4)
I thought she was 13 or 14.
Until now she seemed to be a sister type, no (serious) romance. How old are Alto and Sheryl btw?
As far as I know, she is 15. Alto just had his 18th birthday, Sheryl is 17.
Old 2008-07-13, 07:05   Link #760
ReddyRedWolf

Actually Ranka is 16. That why Ozma gave her the talk that next year she'll be legally in Frontier an adult.

Legal age in Frontier is 17.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters