AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-19, 22:34   Link #2641
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
Basically I've become dissapointed in general, at the people that make GIFs, and that those that request them.. half of these people don't seem capable of reading, and have no sense of.. anything at all, apparently. I just can't see how people can request things like this, and I don't want to put up with it anymore. If at any point I do want to make a gif as a freebie or do a request, someone else has already made it, and usually quite badly. Because I don't want to make them feel stupid, I just don't bother posting a better one. Honestly, I don't think I have the patience or time to deal with it anymore, sorry. This will probably be my last post in the Naruto forum because I'm going to stop reading the manga so months from now I can watch the anime and be surprised. I don't want to be spoiled here, so. As for tips, I don't think I can help anyone beyond what they already know, it's just that many people's standards are so low, that I cannot stand it. I'm also dissapointed Uzumaki left, I wonder why he did. He was the only other good GIF maker that I knew. Don't take my words to heart if it offends any of you, I'm just being honest. See ya.
Grav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 22:50   Link #2642
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JecKeL
No.
Who was talking to you?
Did you make any decent work in the past? Recently? At all?
Then why are you talking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
Basically I've become dissapointed in general, at the people that make GIFs, and that those that request them.. half of these people don't seem capable of reading, and have no sense of.. anything at all, apparently.
Yah, I am aware that I generally have poor artistic and photographic sense. Guess I simply lack the experience to differentiate what's merely satisfactory and what's great, but it's not like anyone is helping here.

Quote:
I just can't see how people can request things like this, and I don't want to put up with it anymore.
If it isn't much trouble, could you take the extra time to specify an example of what you are referring to and the fundamental problem(s) with it?

Quote:
If at any point I do want to make a gif as a freebie or do a request, someone else has already made it, and usually quite badly. Because I don't want to make them feel stupid, I just don't bother posting a better one.
May I quest of you, then, to post better ones of those you deemed poorly done?

Quote:
As for tips, I don't think I can help anyone beyond what they already know, it's just that many people's standards are so low, that I cannot stand it.
Sigh, I see it's pointless to ask any further from you. Good luck enjoying the anime series, then...
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 23:07   Link #2643
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
Quote:
Basically I've become dissapointed in general, at the people that make GIFs, and that those that request them.. half of these people don't seem capable of reading, and have no sense of.. anything at all, apparently. I just can't see how people can request things like this, and I don't want to put up with it anymore. If at any point I do want to make a gif as a freebie or do a request, someone else has already made it, and usually quite badly. Because I don't want to make them feel stupid, I just don't bother posting a better one. Honestly, I don't think I have the patience or time to deal with it anymore, sorry. This will probably be my last post in the Naruto forum because I'm going to stop reading the manga so months from now I can watch the anime and be surprised. I don't want to be spoiled here, so. As for tips, I don't think I can help anyone beyond what they already know, it's just that many people's standards are so low, that I cannot stand it. I'm also dissapointed Uzumaki left, I wonder why he did. He was the only other good GIF maker that I knew. Don't take my words to heart if it offends any of you, I'm just being honest. See ya.

Personally I think that Uzimaki's gif that he did before he seem to stop posting were rather poorly done, but thats just my opinion. But anyways, I have asked you in the past if you could tell me what you find wrong with the gifs I make. There are the obiouse reasons like bad quality or to fast becuase of trying to fill a request but other then that I think I do a decent job at them.

But I do agree with you that the naruto thread has gone down hill there have bin alot of really crappy request of either people choosing bad scenes or just not following the rules. also alot of people making gif that really arnt' that great, but instead of you insulting them like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNightshade
Freebie...

Ain't it trippy?
Quote:
No, it just kind of sucks.
y dont' you try giveing some helpfull advise or don't post at all. I respect you greatly as a gif maker but right now your just kinda being an ass .

BTW: sarcasteak I think you've made some really nice gifs

Last edited by Lunchboxx; 2004-05-19 at 23:50.
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 23:58   Link #2644
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchboxx
Personally I think that Uzimaki's gif that he did before he seem to stop posting were rather poorly done, but thats just my opinion. But anyways, I have asked you in the past if you could tell me what you find wrong with the gifs I make. There are the obiouse reasons like bad quality or to fast becuase of trying to fill a request but other then that I think I do a decent job at them.

But I do agree with you that the naruto thread has gone down hill there have bin alot of really crappy request of either people choosing bad scenes or just not following the rules. also alot of people making gif that really arnt' that great, but instead of you insulting them like this

y dont' you try giveing some helpfull advise or don't post at all. I respect you greatly as a gif maker but right now your just kinda being an ass .

I totally agree. You ultimate L33T Gif makers need to stop being so high and mighty, damnit. Some of us have better things to do than spend hours viewing naruto episodes frame-by-frame trying to create the perfect Gif. I usually make Gifs just for fun, not to prove anything... You need to shut up about other peoples Gifs. If the person who requested it has a problem, they have a right to critizise, but you don't. And if somebody just posts a freebie, try giving constructive critisism instead of just blatently insulting it. Anyway, I didn't think my Gif was that bad...
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 00:03   Link #2645
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Oh god.. I shouldn't have looked in this thread ever again.. I'm going to barf.. bye.
Grav there is no doubt that you make excellent gifs but I'm afraid you're being a dick right now.

Personally I like the recent gifs especially the ones made by sarcasteak,lunchboxx and PON. If you think they suck so much come do them yourself. I remember a time when you weren't such an elitist ass about gif making. You've had a lot more time to practice and recently all you've posted in this thread is a stabb at either the person that requests it or the person that makes it.

I wanna see the old Grav for a change.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 00:12   Link #2646
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Grav there is no doubt that you make excellent gifs but I'm afraid you're being a dick right now.

Personally I like the recent gifs especially the ones made by sarcasteak,lunchboxx and PON. If you think they suck so much come do them yourself. I remember a time when you weren't such an elitist ass about gif making. You've had a lot more time to practice and recently all you've posted in this thread is a stabb at either the person that requests it or the person that makes it.

For maybe the first time EVER, I agree with Lexander (Did hell freeze over yet?). I don't think you should come in this topic and post useless things unless you want to help out people or at least give GOOD constructive criticism rather then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exagerrated example of Grav
Hah hah hah! You all suck! I'm the King!
Bring the OLD Grav back!
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 00:16   Link #2647
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Not the first time Dranz ... I think we both love Sasuke
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 00:26   Link #2648
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I did not intend to start a snowball effect; I geniunely wish to have Grav point out specific areas where I can improve upon...but apparently I wasn't the only one who didn't appreciate those random, unsupported put-downs.

Quote:
There are the obiouse reasons like bad quality or to fast becuase of trying to fill a request but other then that I think I do a decent job at them.
I also don't mind the "challenge" of fitting a good sequence into 50k. Trying to keep the animation under the size limit is frustrating at times but fun. Since I lack the artistic vision and experience to modify the sequence, adjust the frames and time delay is more of the work. Unless the request will absolutely turn out to be a disaster, I don't see the harm in trying.

Quote:
Thanks; I like your GIFs a lot, too, (especiall the Winry one I'm still using ^_^), but I guess our problem is that we aren't that selective of the requests we do, don't create any addition effects to enhance the original animation, and in my case, I often have no choice but to speed up the sequence a lot to compensate for all the cut frames. = \

Quote:
Some of us have better things to do than spend hours viewing naruto episodes frame-by-frame trying to create the perfect Gif.
I actually try to capture every unique frame of the animation; it's not that hard to do with VirtualDub. It's not a big deal, though, as in the end I usually sacrifice most of the frames to fit the size limit.

Quote:
You need to shut up about other peoples Gifs. If the person who requested it has a problem, they have a right to critizise, but you don't. And if somebody just posts a freebie, try giving constructive critisism instead of just blatently insulting it.
Unlike you, I rather have others criticize mine as long they provide good reasons; but yah, I fail to see those obnoxious blurts that serve no purpose whatsoever.

Quote:
Anyway, I didn't think my Gif was that bad...
The main problem is probably that the transition between Sasuke heads-down and heads-up is very chobby; perhaps you intended it to like that, but I think smoother animation would help especially since you haven't used that many frames.
Old 2004-05-20, 00:33   Link #2649
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Quote:

Aww... In the spirit of my first compliment in this thread, here's yet another freebie...

Old 2004-05-20, 00:41   Link #2650
BadAss Grandma

i cant see some of the Gif's is there some file that i need?
BadAss Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 01:39   Link #2651
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAss Grandma
i cant see some of the Gif's is there some file that i need?
No, there's probably something wrong with your comp.
Old 2004-05-20, 07:31   Link #2652
_Riku_

what's wrong with the gifs here??? I think taht they are all good, I can't see any difrence between exelent and good
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 08:06   Link #2653
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Can someone make me a gif of Itachi using Mangekyou Sharingan on Sasuke time:10.53

When he opened his eye and the effect please
Old 2004-05-20, 09:43   Link #2654
Hyuuga Neji
Byakugan Master

Send a message via AIM to Hyuuga Neji
even though I havent really made any latly, I think I'm going to stop making gif's thanks for all your help lunchboxx and sarcasteak but its just my time to stop I guess so yeah...
Hyuuga Neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 11:34   Link #2655
Anko Plushy

Location: Sometimes LA sometimes the Soul Society sometimes SD sometimes Konoha it all depends on my mood
Send a message via AIM to Anko Plushy Send a message via Yahoo to Anko Plushy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Meh, I can't help it if my works are disappointing.

My feeling isn't hurt or anything, but I'm seriously wondering why you or any of the other original GIF creators drop by this thread to do nothing but make these kind of demeaning comments. If you feel certain GIFs has problems with overall presentation, time delay, camera angle, frame selection, color quality, animation smoothness, or looping transition, then why not show us how it's done? I respect you for all the great GIFs you've made in the past, but instead of shrugging off all the requests claiming they are "bad" (and some are truly not suitable for avatars), why not give us some good examples to improve ourselves by?
It's not disappointing look at how many people think that it's great:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
I am SOOO taking the Chidori Sasuke ones.

Quote:
Post that in the WACWNS thread I likes it ... and it's animated
see I tried to look for more but I don't have a lot of time but as I said before No one hates you you did a great job and you're willing to work and make things for others that makes you a great peson and screw what other people say they're just jealous of your talent

Personally I think you do a GREAT job You have a real talent with gifs and yet again thank you for the gifs you made for me I HIGHLY appreciate it. IF you could help me by making some that show the chakra surrounding Itachi or one of Itachi and Sasuke ( in the next epi) for me I'd appreciate but you don't have to. It's your choice

But like I said before

Spoiler:

that's a bit of advice from me to you
Anko Plushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 14:39   Link #2656
_Riku_

millenia could you also make the sam gif in a 80 x 80 ??? since I am a member on narutomania to,

and thanks again for the gif
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 16:33   Link #2657
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I've become disenchanted with the community as a whole, not just this thread, although this was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. I had more fun when I felt obligated to make these for people because really there was no one else to do it. Now I don't really have a reason to, and I rarely feel like it's worth the time anymore. I'd still make something if someone asked me through a PM or whatnot, but it feels more like a competition to make them now.. I don't have the time to whip them out them fast enough for people to use mine, opposed to other's. Even so, I don't know why I would bother because most people that request don't have a preference to whether an animation looks good or not, as long as it includes the scene they wanted. I spend a considerable amount of time on each animation, but I don't feel that there is any reason for me to do so here, since most people seem content with what they are getting. I'm going to go somewhere else where I'm needed, maybe I'll even find people with new tricks and can make my process faster or better. Have fun I guess.
Grav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 17:23   Link #2658
momojigari
Great I-Jin

phew..finally got a chance to get imageReady installed and working. Here's my crack at creating some animated gifs....tell me what y'all think:

Gosh...that took me the whole afternoon to finish. I still can't master the under 50kb trick. Oh well..
momojigari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 17:46   Link #2659
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Can someone make me a gif of Itachi using Mangekyou Sharingan on Sasuke time:10.53

When he opened his eye and the effect please
Like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anko Plushy
Personally I think you do a GREAT job You have a real talent with gifs and yet again thank you for the gifs you made for me I HIGHLY appreciate it.
Thanks for the compliments, but I am well-aware of my weakness. Ever since we were kids, I was the better drawer and imitator with better mechanics, but my sister is the better artist; she just sees things differently than I do and presents her work better. I like doing these GIF requests because it is exactly imitating and mechanical and doesn't involve really anything other than frame capture, frame deletion, and, time-setting; I pretty much try to follow the original animation faithfully instead of adding extra pretty effects like fade-in, faded-foregrounds, or smooth looping because I know that with my skill level there's no way in hell I can fit that kind of stuff under 50kb, but I guess that is my downfall...that my GIFs are just plain and uncreative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anko Plushy
IF you could help me by making some that show the chakra surrounding Itachi or one of Itachi and Sasuke ( in the next epi) for me I'd appreciate but you don't have to. It's your choice
Specify the time; I ain't gonna look for it.

Quote:
I had more fun when I felt obligated to make these for people because really there was no one else to do it. Now I don't really have a reason to, and I rarely feel like it's worth the time anymore. I'd still make something if someone asked me through a PM or whatnot, but it feels more like a competition to make them now.. I don't have the time to whip them out them fast enough for people to use mine, opposed to other's. Even so, I don't know why I would bother because most people that request don't have a preference to whether an animation looks good or not, as long as it includes the scene they wanted. I spend a considerable amount of time on each animation, but I don't feel that there is any reason for me to do so here, since most people seem content with what they are getting.
I'm sorry you felt that way...but when I first came here, I saw a bunch of requests untouched so I went ahead with whatever little experience I had with GIF making and tried to do a few. But I am sure that if you make better versions of the existing GIFs, people will definitely choose it over their current one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momojigair
Gosh...that took me the whole afternoon to finish. I still can't master the under 50kb trick. Oh well..
Yah, the 50kb restraint really killed the smoothness and details in a lot of mine. >_<

I like the Itachi and baby-Sasuke one the most. = 3
Old 2004-05-20, 17:49   Link #2660
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
ano sa.. ano sa.. could someone please do the Ino gif for me? *sniffle*
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags