AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-05-08, 07:41   Link #4261
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Thanks guys You got to change my british slang like english to something normal.

Well from what I read, I really liked the chapter about Sousuke and Kosuke switch for a day. It has the good o' FMP jokes and a moe-Kaname moment (AND the harisen appears too ~). It didn't look too hard to translate other then Sousuke's speech about military stuff, and it's not too long.

Oh yea, I need someone to translate the minor character's name into romanji.

I wonder when I'll have time T_T I'm currently failing in all my subjects.
Old 2009-05-08, 18:08   Link #4262
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

O.o yah that happens. Dont rush it tho, summer is around the corner and well have plenty of time then.
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 07:57   Link #4263
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

Is "Approaching Nick of Time" confirmed as the last novel for the Full Metal Panic series? If not, is there any news on another novel?

just wondering...reading some 214 pages to find an answer, (or the ones after February, 2008) would take forever...O_o
seaghyn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 08:24   Link #4264
Frostbitten

ANoT isn't the last novel. We haven't heard any news about the final novel(s) yet. It's been a while since Gatoh updated his blog...
Frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 10:11   Link #4265
Cannftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
well there you go, Me and Blazingstone are up to the challege
So are you guys translating the last part of the NOT chapters or is Shutazen still doing them? I understand it takes a will but...

Anyway if you are thank you! I dont know any languages besides english (considering i live in the US) so i cant really help out but if there is anyway that i can please do tell!!!
Cannftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 11:41   Link #4266
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

No no no, I'm definately not doing main story because it looks so hard to translate (I can barely read it in english, let alone chinese...). I'm only doing the short stories, but I won't start translating till my exams ended, which is in a month's time. I'm only translating it from the chinese translation, so it probally wouldn't be accurate. But I guess that's better then no translation right?

sr7olsniper and Blazingstone are doing the editing for me, since my english (especially my tenses) are all over the place. Shutazen is still doing the main story translation and he/she is doing a great job.
Old 2009-05-09, 11:56   Link #4267
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
No no no, I'm definately not doing main story because it looks so hard to translate (I can barely read it in english, let alone chinese...). I'm only doing the short stories, but I won't start translating till my exams ended, which is in a month's time. I'm only translating it from the chinese translation, so it probally wouldn't be accurate. But I guess that's better then no translation right?

sr7olsniper and Blazingstone are doing the editing for me, since my english (especially my tenses) are all over the place. Shutazen is still doing the main story translation and he/she is doing a great job.
If you do any of the short stories from the books "Anshin Dekinai Nanatsu Dougu" or either of the Side Arms (Ontei wa Kanashiku, Shatei wa Tooku and Kyokuhoku Kara no Koe) let me know. I have them in the Japanese and am slowly working on translating them, if you get to the stories first I can try to compare your translations with the original Japanese to see if it's off at all. I can also help with the editing if you need an extra person, I'm pretty much always free. I'm just slow when it comes to my own work.

Also...
It was already mentioned, but it's worth saying again, I'm putting my translations on a livejournal, username: fmp_misha... Yesterday I put up the FMP Sigma telling of Kyokuhoku Kara no Koe, the story on how Kalinin and Sousuke met. Next story I'm working on is out of Anshin Dekinai Nanatsu Dougu, it's called 'Ana Darake no Conceal,' I needed a light-hearted story after the sadness of that other story.
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 19:40   Link #4268
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
If you do any of the short stories from the books "Anshin Dekinai Nanatsu Dougu" or either of the Side Arms (Ontei wa Kanashiku, Shatei wa Tooku and Kyokuhoku Kara no Koe) let me know. I have them in the Japanese and am slowly working on translating them, if you get to the stories first I can try to compare your translations with the original Japanese to see if it's off at all. I can also help with the editing if you need an extra person, I'm pretty much always free. I'm just slow when it comes to my own work.

Also...
It was already mentioned, but it's worth saying again, I'm putting my translations on a livejournal, username: fmp_misha... Yesterday I put up the FMP Sigma telling of Kyokuhoku Kara no Koe, the story on how Kalinin and Sousuke met. Next story I'm working on is out of Anshin Dekinai Nanatsu Dougu, it's called 'Ana Darake no Conceal,' I needed a light-hearted story after the sadness of that other story.
I cant help but thank you aagain and again for so much effort time and adoration to FMP to be able to translate it. Thank you much ;-; ....that story was so sad, my eyes watered seeing his mother....for some reason i imagin her voice with Kikyo's voice..o.O..dunno why..maybe because she plays such a sad role...

but anyways THANK YOU!

thank you, it brings out Sousuke in such a new light, how gentle he was as a child...btw..what is that new one you mention about? 'Ana Darake no Conceal? whats that about?
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 19:59   Link #4269
FeistyDreams

The summary I've seen for Ana Darake Conceal goes as follows:

A big shot politician in the Tokyo Metropolitan government who is also a leading member of the district education committee will be visiting Jindai High School. He is a strict conservative, who focuses on orderly conduct, educational reform, and strict code of behavior. One problem. Jindai has a cancerous tumor that they need to get rid of for one day.

I've only read a few pages so far and it's hilarious. One of my favorite lines so far is at the beginning when they're (they= Principal Tsuboi, Ms. Kagurazaka, Kaname, and Hayashimizu) discussing what they might be able to do about Sousuke for the visit and Kaname flips out

"...he's a robot made for war! He doesn't shed blood or tears, he's like the Terminator!!"

*grins* Promises to be a fun read~
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 14:24   Link #4270
ghost_zero5

A small different question: What is the currently latest in English (Tokyopop) available to buy novel? Is it Ending Day by Day: Part 1?
Also: Are they still continuing to release those novels? Meaning Ending Day by Day: Part 2 should come out in the next two to three months?

Furthermore: Does anyone know a place where "Ending Day by Day: Part 1" can be bought? Because I only found places where it is currently not available and that one I haven't bought yet.
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 14:41   Link #4271
Miles Teg

The last novel released by Tokyopop is Into the Blue, Ending Day by Day has never been released.

Tokyopop don't speak about what series have been rescheduled/on hold/dropped, so nobody know what will happen with FMP or with all the other series that are in the same situation.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 15:07   Link #4272
ghost_zero5

Ah. OK. So that one never got released though it should have been.
I hope they will continue with the work or that someone else picks up and translate BOMF and the following novels.
Old 2009-05-11, 16:53   Link #4273
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:

Also...
If it is possible, may I ask you to translate a few kanjis into romanji. Since I'm translating from a chinese source, I would have no idea on how the names are spelt in romanji. I doubt I can translate something depressing. I'm going for the comical short stories, the ones that gives a fumoffu feeling. Oh I'm totally biased too, I like KanameXSousuke more then Tessa -roll eyes-

Okay, maybe I should really TRY and read the main story before starting any ideas on translating.
Old 2009-05-11, 17:14   Link #4274
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
If it is possible, may I ask you to translate a few kanjis into romanji. Since I'm translating from a chinese source, I would have no idea on how the names are spelt in romanji. I doubt I can translate something depressing. I'm going for the comical short stories, the ones that gives a fumoffu feeling. Oh I'm totally biased too, I like KanameXSousuke more then Tessa -roll eyes-

Okay, maybe I should really TRY and read the main story before starting any ideas on translating.
Ask away! ^_~

Hah, yeah, I think most of the fandom would have to agree. *grins* And if that's the case, I'll start work on the ones that concentrate more on the Mithril people~ ^_^
Old 2009-05-11, 18:20   Link #4275
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Ask away! ^_~

Hah, yeah, I think most of the fandom would have to agree. *grins* And if that's the case, I'll start work on the ones that concentrate more on the Mithril people~ ^_^
ARIGATOU O SAI MASSS!!!!! (sp?)

by the way, I re-read the summary of ANOT about Chidori being 'the one'...
According to how the Omni-Sphere and the TAROS in the last sumary, you need an AI to make it work. The first one had no AI, since the 80's had none back then and it turned to crap...dolphine brains were no good i guess...

the Levithan/Arbalest, the Venoms, Behemoths, and of course TDD1 and recently Belial have an AI to make Omnisphere/lambdah driver work...

heres the question, if Chidori is going to be sent to an even BIGGER and powerful looking Omnisphere ever built as Leonard quotes, wont that mean theres like a NEW A.I. imminent in the next book? It wont work without one...

I wonder if all those weird thoughts Leonard has every now and then is really his AI talking to him =/ subconciously. Creepy! Hey, it happen with Sousuke with that famous painting,..him and AL were thinking the same things....uber creepy..

Imagin a powerhungry driven AI opposite to AL ? yikes...
its like Megatron versus AL..XD...am being ridiculous i know...
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 19:38   Link #4276
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
ARIGATOU O SAI MASSS!!!!! (sp?)

by the way, I re-read the summary of ANOT about Chidori being 'the one'...
According to how the Omni-Sphere and the TAROS in the last sumary, you need an AI to make it work. The first one had no AI, since the 80's had none back then and it turned to crap...dolphine brains were no good i guess...

the Levithan/Arbalest, the Venoms, Behemoths, and of course TDD1 and recently Belial have an AI to make Omnisphere/lambdah driver work...

heres the question, if Chidori is going to be sent to an even BIGGER and powerful looking Omnisphere ever built as Leonard quotes, wont that mean theres like a NEW A.I. imminent in the next book? It wont work without one...

I wonder if all those weird thoughts Leonard has every now and then is really his AI talking to him =/ subconciously. Creepy! Hey, it happen with Sousuke with that famous painting,..him and AL were thinking the same things....uber creepy..

Imagin a powerhungry driven AI opposite to AL ? yikes...
its like Megatron versus AL..XD...am being ridiculous i know...
i reckon that would be sweet Sousuke V Leonard and Al V Evil Al
Old 2009-05-11, 23:47   Link #4277
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

@ghost zero...technically you never asked for links, but...lol at that question ^_^

Currently BOMF and Tsudou Make My Day are already translated, (though end of BOMF and TMMD get a little scratchy at the end), and Nick of Time is being translated now. Fan translated. I'd recommend reading the story in the quality it's in now, and buying the official novel if Tokyopop ever gets up to re-licensing it, or publishing it, or w/e they need to do to get it out, when it comes out. That way, you read a flip copy to satisfy the burning, and when you want detail and more understandably written material, there's a motive to buy the book.

Anyway...Google is your friend
Old 2009-05-12, 01:42   Link #4278
ghost_zero5

Well actually: I didn't even ask a question about it, it was more a wish. But as I didn't know someone continued the translation after BOMF Chapter 3b, especially with it being licensed. I mean: Of course, nobody can know now if Tokyopop will ever release them - I hope though because I would definitely buy them.
And though I actually didn't even ask a question: Thanks for the information anyway because as said I didn't know anyone would continue.
Old 2009-05-12, 03:22   Link #4279
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

lol, yeah...I realized like 20 seconds after the post you never even asked a question, but I was too lazy to fix my error O_o

But yeah, there are fanlations. I hope TP releases more books as well, though until I finish college and actually GET money, I have no way of buying stuff except by hoping for free donations for...no reason whatsoever O_o
Old 2009-05-12, 04:44   Link #4280
Alchemist007
*Author

summer jobs work wonders for money woes if you're a dependent.

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen