AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-05, 18:42   Link #301
Byakou

Dunno what to expect from this show, especially the ending scene. I feel bad for Mitsuo, nobody's taking him seriously, he's basically being stalked/harassed -.-
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 20:06   Link #302
LC
Shocking Pink

Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-10-06 at 12:38. Reason: Please place comparisons in spoiler tags
LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 20:20   Link #303
Sumeragi
Banned

Kouko reminds me of myself.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 21:09   Link #304
Jerseykid

thank goodness some school romance in a normal setting
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 23:13   Link #305
king12354

Although it's evident how Tada is feeling, I would like to see more monologues from him to get a better understanding of how he perceives the people around him. Otherwise, I enjoyed the start and hope the studio can keep it up.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 23:13   Link #306
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Right down to the stalker part, hm?

But strangely, I can perfectly picture you actually looking and behaving like Kouko. At least over here in Animesuki.

That aside... well... having some exposure to what the source material is, I am pretty satisfied with the start except with some things - I do remember Banri to be much more "animated" (as in has more of a personality), the anime kind of toned not just him, but everyone down. Or maybe it's just an issue of medium transition.

I'll just stick close by and see where this ride takes us. I'm expecting a very exciting fall (pun intended, in various meanings of it) however.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 03:02   Link #307
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
^I'm just messing around with Sumeragi, you flatchest lover.
Guys, please don't turn this thread into a topic about other posters; even if you are just joking, this can easily derail threads for pages, which in turn results into lots of deleted posts.
Old 2013-10-06, 03:09   Link #308
Dr. Casey

Judging by the opening theme, I think it's safe to assume that Koko will eventually move on from Mitsuo to Banri. Hopefully for Mitsuo's sake his dislike of Koko is as singleminded as he claims it is, because if he has any affection mixed together with that irritation, he'll really kick himself for letting her pass by.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-10-06 at 12:49. Reason: mod edit: removed off-topic posts
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 07:42   Link #309
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Your boyfriend already has my sympathy

Back to the 2D-version, it looked kind of awful, and the characters are somewhat irritating. As for Sumeragi Kouko, at least Horie Yui tries her best to make her sound likeable.

On a sidenote, is it me or out of all the freshmen only the female leads were not dressed like a wannabe-lawyer
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 08:04   Link #310
Nerroth
NePoi!

Well, that didn't take long:

Old 2013-10-06, 08:09   Link #311
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's the same with Sakurasou- The Vita game was almost immediately announced.

GOLDEN TIME WILL SAVE THE VITA !!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 08:10   Link #312
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
On a sidenote, is it me or out of all the freshmen only the female leads were not dressed like a wannabe-lawyer
It was only for the entrance ceremony. They all dressed like that for their enrollement. See at the preview of the next episode, what are the boys wearing?
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 08:22   Link #313
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's the same with Sakurasou- The Vita game was almost immediately announced.

GOLDEN TIME WILL SAVE THE VITA !!
With a lot of series becoming VN for the Vita, I am almost getting bitter because now I want the moolahs for it...

Gee whiz, that's going to be a very fun ride for dissidents of main pairings in the original series.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 08:28   Link #314
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
With a lot of series becoming VN for the Vita, I am almost getting bitter because now I want the moolahs for it...
Perhaps this game might end up joining the list of titles that will work on the Vita TV? If so, that may be a cheaper option than plumping for a regular Vita (or the upcoming -2000 model).

If Sony decide to release the Vita TV in more territories, that is.
Old 2013-10-06, 08:55   Link #315
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I keep expecting Kouko to mutter to herself "gosh, I must crush it soon."

I enjoyed this one, so I'll be following Golden Time. Surreptitiously following other students in hopes that they'll show me where I'm supposed to be sounds like my freshman year.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 11:42   Link #316
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I still have nightmares about the day my girlfriend asked, "Do you wanna have sex on the grass" loud enough for the entire class to hear.
I can't imagine why she would have done that.....
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 12:34   Link #317
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That wasn't quite as gripping as I thought it would be, mostly because the MC didn't seem very interezting to me, but it's still very promising.

Also: Horie Yui = instant awesome.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 13:34   Link #318
Byakou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako
I still have nightmares about the day my girlfriend asked, "Do you wanna have sex on the grass" loud enough for the entire class to hear.
She did what? Lol I'd try to cover it up "Do I want to have tex-mex on the grass? Hell yes, I love picnics" haha
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 14:09   Link #319
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Here's a characters/seiyuus page for this show, with pics of seven main characters and their seiyuus, and a bit of info about each seiyuu.

And the cast includes not only 37-year-old Horie Yui (Kouko), but also 15-year-old Kido Ibuki (Chinami). Tada Banri is played by 24-year-old Furukawa Makoto, in his first big role. And 20-year-old Ishikawa Kaito (Ledo in Gargantia, Manatsu in RDG) plays Mitsuo -- as well as having roles in three other anime this season.

And we also have Kayano Ai ("Linda"), fresh off her great performance as Lucy in ServantxService. To say nothing of Satou Satomi (Nana-senpai), who really showed something as Eru in Hyouka.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 14:57   Link #320
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Well, that didn't take long:

Awesome!

Kouko route all the way .

Though considering how I don't own a Vita nor is it likely this game will be released in the west with a translation, I'll just hope someone uploads the game on Youtube and settle for that .

Last edited by Frontier; 2013-10-13 at 21:01.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen