AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

View Poll Results: Which game do you find to be the scariest?
Silent Hill 46 86.79%
Resident Evil 7 13.21%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-03, 15:46   Link #21
suteki girl
இ LIFE IS FUN ....

Hi all' its my first time in this forum, and my firstreplay too LoL
So, I looooooove Silent Hill so much. Good story and scary, good tools ,and scary monstors. It is my favorite
suteki girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 18:45   Link #22
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

My first Silent Hill Experience:

Moving through Misty Silent Hill, it always gave me the feeling that I'm being watched...that something was out there...but I don't know where.

And then...Dark Silent Hill struck for the very first time. Now I'm stuck in perpetual darkness, barely able to see anything except my character. Static filled the air, and I turn on the flashlight, and BAM! some demon dogs saw the light and went straight after me. I dodged and evaded, but no matter where I would go, the light would attract more and more demons, and so I finally turned off the light and with the help of the map, ran as fast as I could to my destination; the Elementry School. Running through the darkness, the demons cannot see me...and yet, I cannot see them in turn...but I KNOW they're close by...for static filled the air all the way to the school. I swallow my fear, finally, after a couple long, grueling minutes running in the darkness, I got to the doors of the school, and entered.

SAFE!...or am I...

Now I'm stuck in the Elementry School in the middle of the night...barely able to see anything, I move forward...then suddenly the radio blasts out in static. I ready my pistol and prepare to face whatever came at me. After about a minute waiting...nothing...

I move forward inch by inch to get a better look...and I discover the source of static, a ghost of a child, crying...

I move forward, searching room to room for any clues, all the while both feeling the safety and dread in the cover of darkness. I enter the next door, and suddenly, the radio fills with static...and I see a child from hell rushing me with butcher knives. Quickly dispatching my foe, I continue searching throughout the school, moving slowly and carefully, running and avoiding my foes whenever possible to conserve precious resources. Finally, completing a puzzle, I return to the court yard to re-enter the school...then Dark Silent Hill struck once again...

Entering the school, I noticed the changes...gone were the walls, replaced with meshed, rusted grates, with corpses tied to the walls in agony. Both dried and fresh blood splattered everywhere, and as my will fought the fear blasting through every vein in my body, I thought to myself, this is no school. At least, not a school for the living, but what a School In Hell.

As the Demon Children ran towards me to make me another sacrifice, my fear finally overtook my will, and I turned the power off my console.

That was enough for today.

Braving through Racoon City, I blasted my way through Resident Evil. Zombies, Lickers, Giant Mutant <animal>, Tyrants. None of those phased me. I believed I can conqure them all. Yet all it took, was darkness, creepy atmosphere, a nightmarish school from hell, and some children running at me with butcher knives, to make me realize what true fear is.
Old 2006-05-03, 19:13   Link #23
SOS-Brigade
Aliens, Sliders, Espers!

Send a message via MSN to SOS-Brigade
Resident Evil was never really scary/suprising to begin with ~ I went through them quite easily....

Though I never played SL 1 or 2, but i remember getting SL 3 and up until now, i never even pass the very first scene yet =P I remember when i started it was some room with a bed and a mirror.... lol and strange noises... and i swear things keep moving across that mirror... shortly afterwards i don't know why i just neva touched tha game again... mostly because.. I lost the disc =P but anyway the atmosphere from SL just by that starting already feels more intense that RE
SOS-Brigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 19:24   Link #24
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
As has been said already, Resident Evil is more "WTF?!" and action rather than scary. That doesn't at all make RE a bad game, it just makes it not scary. Although you gotta admit, some parts of RE4 were creepy. One BGM that plays when enemies are nearby and coming towards you was especially creepy. (it was an area-specific BGM, can't remember what area though)

I wanna see the Silent Hill movie!
Old 2006-05-03, 20:38   Link #25
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Although you gotta admit, some parts of RE4 were creepy. One BGM that plays when enemies are nearby and coming towards you was especially creepy. (it was an area-specific BGM, can't remember what area though)
You mean, fighting the regenerators/Iron Maidens? x_X

If I didn't know about them beforehand, those would have scared the living crap out of me.
Old 2006-05-03, 20:46   Link #26
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
You mean, fighting the regenerators/Iron Maidens? x_X

If I didn't know about them beforehand, those would have scared the living crap out of me.
I didn't get that far, I had to return the game just as I reached the area where they first appeared. (I don't actually own RE4, I just rented it ) The BGM in that area just before the first one appeared wa spretty creepy though, but I originally meanta different BGM. (I think it was one of the ones played while you were inside the castle)
Old 2006-05-03, 21:34   Link #27
naruto123

It may not seem scary but in SH3 there is a bathroom at the mall where you knock and it knocks back, again, but when you open the door blood is everywhere! it was really creepy alongside silent hill 4 the room.
naruto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 22:08   Link #28
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

One especially freaky part of RE4 was a bit before the Regenerators, that Glados-orwhateveryoucallthem that freaking pops out of the oven/stove when you walk near it to round a corner. I must have jumped 10 freaking feet when he burst out of there in flames. A major "WTF?!" moment.
Old 2006-05-03, 22:17   Link #29
Harpiessnow

Silent hill

Silent hill creeps me out
Harpiessnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 23:49   Link #30
ALL HAIL SASUKE

? SILENT HILL IS SCARY BUT RE IS SCARY TO RE 1 THE REMAKE IS THE SCAREST LISA IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO WEIRD

LISA HAS 2 FACES IF U READ HER DAIRY ON THE NET SHE PUTS HER MOMS FACE ON HERS THATS SCARY
ALL HAIL SASUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 22:41   Link #31
mishka

Silent Hill is scarier, but RE is more entertaining and also more fun to play.....I've tried playing SH but it's just too slow and too creepy!
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 13:53   Link #32
ynnon rein 002

resident evil.
ynnon rein 002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 13:54   Link #33
ynnon rein 002

the silent hill on playstation is scarythe grafics is what makes it scary
ynnon rein 002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 18:27   Link #34
Joe88

ultimate silent hill experince:

1) get a big TV
2) get a room where it can be pitch black (cover windows ect...) only light from the TV
3) only play at night
4) get surround sound (crank it up)
5) get a semi comfy chair
6) change the color on the TV to black and white (this will add more grittiness)
7) get SH2 or SH3, which ever you prefer, SH3 since it had better gfx, and sound fx
8) insert game and play
9) enjoy
10) have nightmares when you go to sleep about sh
Joe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 23:43   Link #35
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Well, everybody's pretty much explained to death why SH will always be scarier than RE. (Or more horrific, in the very least.)

Anyway it turns out that in survival horror games, I end up playing some sort of brute. I might kill nearly everything just for the sport of it. In both SH series and System Shock 2, I conserve ammo and resources like a packrat. Much to my chagrin, I end up with more goodies than I'll need for the finale. (And really, I found that standard weapons are the most powerful and versatile skill for System Shock 2, particularly once you can make ammo cheap and you find the Assault Rifle.)

I liked to do a systematic and detailed exploration of every nook-and-cranny to make sure I never miss a thing. And I like to do it without being rushed or put under pressure. So it logically follows that all moving obstructions that create such pressures must die.

Needless to say, I liked SH4 for it's more streamlined combat. Heh...heh...heh...nothing more satisfying than smiting a Lovecraftian horror back to whence it came. Especially if you do your smiting with a golf club.

Last edited by Twisted Reality; 2007-06-15 at 23:53.
Twisted Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 00:56   Link #36
IchigoMania
Shinigami @ AnimeSuki

Send a message via AIM to IchigoMania Send a message via MSN to IchigoMania Send a message via Yahoo to IchigoMania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe88 View Post
ultimate silent hill experince:

1) get a big TV
2) get a room where it can be pitch black (cover windows ect...) only light from the TV
3) only play at night
4) get surround sound (crank it up)
5) get a semi comfy chair
6) change the color on the TV to black and white (this will add more grittiness)
7) get SH2 or SH3, which ever you prefer, SH3 since it had better gfx, and sound fx
8) insert game and play
9) enjoy
10) have nightmares when you go to sleep about sh
wow, BEST ! i will try it tonight.........huhuhuhu
IchigoMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 11:45   Link #37
arcadeplayer987

I have only played Resident, so I can't say who is more scariest
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 04:06   Link #38
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Meh...so who here prefers the lead pipe over the katana for SH3?

I've found that the lead pipe will actually stun-lock the monster while the katana will merely cut through without slowing them down. Also, you can move Heather mid-swing with the lead pipe whereas she will just stand there when swinging the katana.

Hence, I find the lead pipe to be the better weapon overall despite the lower damage. Great for conserving ammo/health whether you want to clear out the halls or simply cause a few monsters to flinch long enough for you to get away.
Twisted Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 22:13   Link #39
aeterna789
Yakumo Fan

Send a message via Yahoo to aeterna789
Silent Hill is far scarier than Resident evil, but I do like both games. Resident evil tends to give the player a good scare when a zombie jumps out of a wrecked car, Silent Hill however tends to get under the players skin, much like F.E.A.R..
aeterna789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 05:33   Link #40
khajiit

I would have to definately say that Silent Hill is scarier, for the aforementioned reasons. I love that series to death

However resi 4 in particular had some very scary moments, my (least( fave being the one in the castle where you walk through this room and a cage comes down on you, locked in there with one of those huge iron guys :\

FEAR never really scared me :| its hard to find it scary when u have superhuman reflexes and a high powered arsenal :P
khajiit is offline   Reply With Quote