AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-12, 09:47   Link #2001
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
both arise after being crushed. Hamazura will create their own legend.
The moment you say that I fell sorry to break your illusion with what i gonna say next :/

so PASS
Old 2014-01-16, 12:12   Link #2002
Inept Forum User

Regarding the various minor mentions, comments and whatnot (not the major ones) in the series, which may or may not be foreshadowing potential future elements to be used later on - which of those small ones would people like to be the ones used later on?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2014-01-16 at 17:54. Reason: Highlighting the main question.
Old 2014-01-16, 14:44   Link #2003
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

From Toaru Sangatsu no Ni Rei Ichi Kan, one of the more obscure short stories written in the universe by Kamachi and published in March 2006 (released just after the 11th volume). Dealing with Touma during his graduation in his third year, according to the wiki, the story contains a list of foreshadowings that the fanbase has speculated Kamachi planned to introduce into the story:

Introduced concepts
"That" which is related to the Sisters Misaka Worst
"That" which sleeps in British history Curtana Original
"That" which awaits in the deepest section of Academy City Fräulein Kreutune
"That" which is related to the - Five Elements Institution Fuse KAZAKIRI or Aiwass
"That" which is hidden within the Misaka Network The will of the whole Misaka Network

Not yet introduced
"That" which is stored in Ryouran Maid School
"That" which is under direct control of Tokiwadai Middle School's Student Council
"That" which is delicate
"That" which writhes at one point in the Sahara
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-01-16, 15:24   Link #2004
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia Choronzon
Crowley states that he and Victor Benjamin Neuburg evoked Choronzon in the Sahara Desert in December 1909.
Guess we know what to expect when our heroes go to the Sahara.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2014-01-16, 15:26   Link #2005
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
From Toaru Sangatsu no Ni Rei Ichi Kan, one of the more obscure short stories written in the universe by Kamachi and published in March 2006 (released just after the 11th volume). Dealing with Touma during his graduation in his third year, according to the wiki, the story contains a list of foreshadowings that the fanbase has speculated Kamachi planned to introduce into the story:

Introduced concepts
"That" which is related to the Sisters Misaka Worst
"That" which sleeps in British history Curtana Original
"That" which awaits in the deepest section of Academy City Fräulein Kreutune
"That" which is related to the - Five Elements Institution Fuse KAZAKIRI or Aiwass
"That" which is hidden within the Misaka Network The will of the whole Misaka Network

Not yet introduced
"That" which is under direct control of Tokiwadai Middle School's Student Council
"That" which is delicate
Yay, where do you find this info
Old 2014-01-16, 18:01   Link #2006
Inept Forum User

(gets the feeling that a miscommunication may have happened, again)

Quote:
Not yet introduced
"That" which is delicate
Am I right in assuming that these are the ones you would like to see used (rather than just ones you expect to be used)?

I'm certainly curious to see what those 'that's are, and others.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2014-01-16 at 18:45. Reason: Trying to avoid miscommunication.
Old 2014-01-16, 20:13   Link #2007
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Am I right in assuming that these are the ones you would like to see used (rather than just ones you expect to be used)?
A bit of both, actually
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-01-16, 22:53   Link #2008
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Regarding what Othinus said (in spoilers):

Spoiler for Othinus about Crowley:

Pure world of science... that lurks beyond all filters and is not affected by religion...

Isn't this the Imaginary Number District a.k.a Artificial Heaven?
Old 2014-01-16, 23:16   Link #2009
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
Regarding what Othinus said (in spoilers):

Spoiler for Othinus about Crowley:

Pure world of science... that lurks beyond all filters and is not affected by religion...

Isn't this the Imaginary Number District a.k.a Artificial Heaven?
I don't think so. The way Othinus says it, it's as if that pure world already exists, as opposed to the Artificial Heaven that was created by Aleister.
Old 2014-01-16, 23:20   Link #2010
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Quote:
I don't think so. The way Othinus says it, it's as if that pure world already exists, as opposed to the Artificial Heaven that was created by Aleister.
But what if it already existed before and he just named it like that? Then created Academy City to have access to it via AIM?

By the way, when did Aleister said he created it? I may have missed it.

But regardless, I think the main point in creating AC is to have access to the Imaginary Number District. I don't think of it as he actually created it, but more of like he created a 'portal' to access it which in this case is the AC.

That so called 'pure world of science' is akin to ultimate enlightenment (science is a symbol for knowledge and learning) which is the main goal of Thelema.

Add to the fact that Aleister is trying to bring the Imaginary Number District to the entire world... (If IND is that 'pure world of science' and Aleister becomes successful in bringing it to the world, the entire world will ascend to the Aeon of Horus, of course he'll have to deal with IB/IT first)

Last edited by BossKagaxx; 2014-01-16 at 23:44.
Old 2014-01-17, 01:37   Link #2011
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
But what if it already existed before and he just named it like that? Then created Academy City to have access to it via AIM?

By the way, when did Aleister said he created it? I may have missed it.

But regardless, I think the main point in creating AC is to have access to the Imaginary Number District. I don't think of it as he actually created it, but more of like he created a 'portal' to access it which in this case is the AC.

That so called 'pure world of science' is akin to ultimate enlightenment (science is a symbol for knowledge and learning) which is the main goal of Thelema.

Add to the fact that Aleister is trying to bring the Imaginary Number District to the entire world... (If IND is that 'pure world of science' and Aleister becomes successful in bringing it to the world, the entire world will ascend to the Aeon of Horus, of course he'll have to deal with IB/IT first)
Erm, pretty sure it was clearly stated that the IND is the the collection of AIM diffusion field of all AC's Espers.
Quote:
“Nobody could guess that it was just the AIM diffusion field. Nobody knows that the natural energy scattered by the 2.3 million students in Academy City is the Imaginary Number District.”

As long as power users existed in the city, there would be an AIM diffusion field, and thus there would be a Five Elements Institution.
How you came to believe it is a world Aleister created a portal to access is completely beyond me, nothing in the text imply this.

If that world was already existing, how come it is a mirror image of Academy City? If it were an independant world. Add to the fact that your portal would be the entire size of the city for Kazakiri to manifest everywhere, and how it would made no sense for IB to be feared if it can't directly interact with it...

Anyway, I disagree with your theory based on its premise so here is a variation: What if Aleister created it as a 'world-bridge' to the 'pure world', similar to the Wood Between the Worlds in the Chronicles in Narnia or Cittàgazze in His Dark Materials? And by covering the entire world with IND, Aleister would be able to forcibly transfer the Earth to the 'pure world'?
Old 2014-01-17, 10:50   Link #2012
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Oh yeah, I've also been wondering something/speculating something lately.

I'm speculating about what Aleister is actually trying to do...

At this point, I'm starting to believe that he might have been doing something during the course of NT 9... The following is of course speculation but I'll spoiler it since it uses some stuff from NT 9 to try to support its plausibility...:

Spoiler:

Anyway, those are some things I feel might be happening... though I'm still drawing a blank as to how some of the other things going on fit in to his plans...
Old 2014-01-18, 00:48   Link #2013
entei08

Does anyone have any idea what the "that which is delicate" is about?
Old 2014-01-18, 01:21   Link #2014
WiliamZ0

which is delicate ... I think It something to do with what Misaka Will say to Touma. Human's heart is delicate thing after all
Old 2014-01-18, 06:13   Link #2015
zaeraal

It could be a lot of stuff, but I agree the most plausible is someones "heart".
Maybe Index's or Mikoto's, or someones on whom Touma actions/speeches in future might misfire and cause unexpected (devastating) results.

(Like refusing someone's proposal, chosing his "true" love, helping a villain instead of the good guy..)
Old 2014-01-18, 10:27   Link #2016
WiliamZ0

Come to think of it Kamachi usually slip some of what he gonna do or foreshadowing of new character in TAMnI and NT ... If I can just be more sharp, I might notice what gonna appear next at NT 10.

The only thing I could think only Thor. If you remember At End of NT 6, Thor noted about something that Touma could be his next 'stepping stone'

Also in NT 8, he showed up a little. I won't be surprise if he appeared at NT 10 as one of boss :3
Old 2014-01-18, 10:59   Link #2017
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
It could be a lot of stuff, but I agree the most plausible is someones "heart".
Maybe Index's or Mikoto's, or someones on whom Touma actions/speeches in future might misfire and cause unexpected (devastating) results.

(Like refusing someone's proposal, chosing his "true" love, helping a villain instead of the good guy..)
I disagree mainly cuz the first character tha appears on my mimd jus happens to be Shokuhou and she's been appearing a lot lately.
Old 2014-01-18, 11:58   Link #2018
furaiz
Reason is Omniscient
*Author

Spoiler for Thoughts on NT10 - uses some stuff from NT9 so dont read if you dont want to be spoiled on that yet:
Old 2014-01-19, 16:53   Link #2019
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

So an Idea just came to me and it's now officially bothering me.

Tsunade first mentioned this, so I'm going to bring it up again:

Kamachi is interested in Greek Mythology. Ambrosia was mentioned in the movie. It seems to be a super-powerful form of magic.

Now... take that... and the fact that Othinus recently showed up who is a magic god whose ability surpassed that of IB's true form in NT 4...

And add to the equation the fact that Ambrosia shouldn't exist unless it was created by someone/something... And so now we have reason to believe Greek Gods might soon enter the picture as well...

If it is true that
Spoiler for NT 9/Movie:
then it could really just be foreshadowing this.

If so, then I'm surprised he thought of this so long ago...
Old 2014-01-19, 21:50   Link #2020
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Now... take that... and the fact that Othinus recently showed up who is a magic god whose ability surpassed that of IB's true form in NT 4...
-_-

Its not IB's true form but what IB's meant to sealed off

-_-

IB is just something inside Touma's right fist.

it can be stolen just or move into another host just like what Fiamma did

but after its been removed then the thing that is meant to be kept inside spill outside.

And that is the unknown invisible thing.

don't mix the two together. they are different.

Tags
novel predictions