AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-10-05, 12:58   Link #1
martino
makes no files now

MKV creation help

I wasn't sure where to place this thread so...

I recently started playing around with the MKV format, H264, subs and various audio formats. But does anyone know a short clip in japanese(or better if it was available in english as well), with fansubs(or just subs) and where a raw is available. I need this because I want to play around with H264 encoding(finding the right quality), and also adding multiple audio streams and subtitles. It would be better if the clip was shorted so that I wouldn't have to wait for a lifetime until it is encoded.

I hope that you understand my request...
Old 2006-10-06, 03:06   Link #2
toru310

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
I wasn't sure where to place this thread so...

I recently started playing around with the MKV format, H264, subs and various audio formats. But does anyone know a short clip in japanese(or better if it was available in english as well), with fansubs(or just subs) and where a raw is available. I need this because I want to play around with H264 encoding(finding the right quality), and also adding multiple audio streams and subtitles. It would be better if the clip was shorted so that I wouldn't have to wait for a lifetime until it is encoded.

I hope that you understand my request...
This is off topic but.....
Is there any player that can play mkv formats cause i can't seem to play some of the audio files....
Are there codecs for this formats??
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 17:27   Link #3
Jekyll
Rozen Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
But does anyone know a short clip in japanese(or better if it was available in english as well), with fansubs(or just subs) and where a raw is available. I need this because I want to play around with H264 encoding(finding the right quality), and also adding multiple audio streams and subtitles. It would be better if the clip was shorted so that I wouldn't have to wait for a lifetime until it is encoded.
You can cut out a shortened clip yourself in a variety of ways:
  • x264, if you're using that, has --seek and --frames options.
  • Use AviSynth and the Trim() command. If you want to delve deeper into encoding, learning AviSynth is recommended anyway.
  • Use VirtualDub. Set audio and video to direct stream copy and select the part you want to cut out with the marker buttons on the right of the bottommost button bar, then save as AVI.
As for what to work with... For starters, just use some fansub you have lying around. That's pretty boring, though. Look for a raw of some show you have (or don't) and work with that. With all the insanity in quite a lot of raws, it's quite an adventure, sometimes. Or use an DVD of yours as a source, which again leads to other interesting stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binsentsu View Post
This is off topic but.....
Is there any player that can play mkv formats cause i can't seem to play some of the audio files....
Are there codecs for this formats??
Read this. If you don't like those solutions, try using MPlayer. Everything sane should work either way.
Jekyll is offline   Reply With Quote