AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-10-17, 18:50   Link #1
gollum

the h264/xvid hype in fansubs.....

can someone here please explain something to me?

i mean, i had an athlon 1ghz and played videos just fine. only problems with h264 and hdtv because the cpu was too slow. i played videos under windows or linux.

now i have a core2duo e6300 cpu with 2x1.86ghz.

the problem is: most of the files are "broken" somehow.

like the h264 version of "happiness!" i mean, it plays well under windows with cccp / mepc or zoom player. but when i try to play it under linux, it shows green artefacts. and some h264 files have problems with audio....

could it be that windows (with avguard antivirus) is "destroing" the file, so that only windows can polay it properly?

i also have a few other problems:

video/audio async.

i mean with 1.86ghz it shouldn't be async..... cpu usage is like 12%.

but shinsen subs blood+ episodes are async.

can someone please explain me why every subbing crew in the universe now takes xvid for their videos?

i mean no offense, but xvid is the biggest crap out there. all you need is a new version of xvid and you can be sure that some problems with audio/video async may occur.

the same goes for h264. some files are super sync. some aren't. but 12% cpu usage....

there are things like cccp and stuff like ffmpeg and this and that. and every little piece is incompatible to the other piece.... i think the fansubbing crews all go in the wrong direction. instead of using xvid with different versions, h264 etc. they should use the good old divx. (6) with divx everything was just fine.... no incompatibilities, no files that were async because you had the wrong filter etc.

and the super cccp irc chan is cool too. when i poste my problems they are like "wtf, it works FOR US" .. great, just great.

can someone tell me if the subbing crews change the raw files somehow?

how does the japanese tv send anime series?

with 23.9fps or with 29.9?

i see some files with 23.9 and some have 29.9. and i wonder if the subbing crews change the fps rate. if yes, then it would be no wonder that so many files are somehow async.

just my 2 cents

maybe can someone help me playing blood+ from shinsen correctly...
Old 2006-10-17, 19:01   Link #2
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Spoiler:

i wonder what this is
Old 2006-10-17, 19:02   Link #3
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollum View Post
like the h264 version of "happiness!" i mean, it plays well under windows with cccp / mepc or zoom player. but when i try to play it under linux, it shows green artefacts. and some h264 files have problems with audio....

could it be that windows (with avguard antivirus) is "destroing" the file, so that only windows can polay it properly?
Yes, I've been saying this for some time. Windows Goblins, as they're technically referred to, are responsible for this and many other problems.

Quote:
i also have a few other problems:

video/audio async.

i mean with 1.86ghz it shouldn't be async..... cpu usage is like 12%.

can someone please explain me why every subbing crew in the universe now takes xvid for their videos?
Following the resolution of the fourth Internet Wars it was decided XviD would be best for everyone.

Quote:
i mean no offense, but xvid is the biggest crap out there. all you need is a new version of xvid and you can be sure that some problems with audio/video async may occur.
You haven't been praying to the god of MPEG4-ASP lately, have you? He gives, and yet He takes at the same time.

Quote:
the same goes for h264. some files are super sync. some aren't. but 12% cpu usage....
Super sync is an increasing problem, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Quote:
there are things like cccp and stuff like ffmpeg and this and that. and every little piece is incompatible to the other piece.... i think the fansubbing crews all go in the wrong direction. instead of using xvid with different versions, h264 etc. they should use the good old divx. (6) with divx everything was just fine.... no incompatibilities, no files that were async because you had the wrong filter etc.
DivX was banished in the second Internet Wars, you obviously don't keep up with history. Those who forget it are doomed to repeat it...

Quote:
Japanese Oompa Loopmas make regular deliveries to viewers homes, unlike in America where televisions are merely haunted by poltergeists.

Quote:

i see some files with 23.9 and some have 29.9. and i wonder if the subbing crews change the fps rate. if yes, then it would be no wonder that so many files are somehow async.
This is actually a plot by PAL extremists. They're hellbent on making all files on the Internet 25fps, but failed hacking attempts always render files 24 or 30fps.
Old 2006-10-17, 19:09   Link #4
Harukalover
In exile

Quote:
the problem is: most of the files are "broken" somehow.
Unless you did a CRC check and determined they were corrupt; then they are not broken.

Quote:
Could be the player you're using in Linux. Not really too sure on Linux players or such...

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken Shinsen used some strange sampling rates in there encodes. Probably why you're getting sync issues.

Quote:
Not everyone does... but it's used since it's the best of the ASP standard.

Quote:
Because you experienced some playback trouble it is ruled the biggest crap out there now?

Quote:
Refer to the XviD reply...

Quote:
i think the fansubbing crews all go in the wrong direction. instead of using xvid with different versions, h264 etc. they should use the good old divx. (6) with divx everything was just fine.... no incompatibilities, no files that were async because you had the wrong filter etc.
DivX is inferior to XviD and is the reason it is no longer used by most fansub encoders.

Quote:
and the super cccp irc chan is cool too. when i poste my problems they are like "wtf, it works FOR US" .. great, just great.
You're obviously lieing. I'm a regular idler on CCCP's irc channel. And I have only seen them be helpful to anyone who asks for help.

Quote:
can someone tell me if the subbing crews change the raw files somehow?
Filtering and reencode. You should be happy; you would have even more playback trouble with DivX/AAC AVI's that the raws are sometimes. XD

Quote:
Capper rips from TV and distributes on a P2P network. Share/WinNY.

Quote:

That's not why you're having sync issues...

Last edited by Harukalover; 2006-10-17 at 22:15. Reason: Mistake in reply...
Old 2006-10-17, 19:15   Link #5
gollum

hmmmm i hoped for some real answers

but very funny (i liked the "super sync problem"):P

is there a programm where i can change the audio/video sync of a video? i mean reencoding the file...

i have tried everything now
. reinstalling cccp like 13923921893 ppl have told me..... not working.

i also heard that some soundcards could make problems because they can't play 44.8hz (or something like that) correctly and make the videos async.

i've tried it with soundblaster live! and with my onboard sound (intel hda sound)

both: not working ...async

then i thought "maybe the files are damaged"...and checked them all with crc. all fine.

its extremly irritating because shinsen subs blood+ episodes are async and bakakozous aren't.

in the shinsen version it runs like this: saya says something....mouth is open....voice comes out and.....her mouth is shut and she keeps speaking :P

async like 2-3sek. i hate it

the thing is i have played them with my athlon 1ghz under windows/linux and they worked fine....

so what happened here?

why are files async that worked correctly before with a slower cpu?
Old 2006-10-17, 19:17   Link #6
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

You can change sync on-the-fly using MPC (+ and - on the keypad).

Probably a good idea to try updating your sound drivers though.

Oh, and try #CCCP again, I highly doubt they were "just like "omg it works for me"".
Old 2006-10-17, 19:23   Link #7
gollum

i've asked them yesterday evening. (cccp channel)

maybe they were busy or something but they haven't been very helpful there

they haven't said "wtf, it works for us"...but they said:

reinstall cccp

me: i've already done that. it didn't work.

well, it works for us :P

that's what they said

and i was too sleepy to make some discussions with ppl who aren't interested in helping.

i am no "windows noob" but it is true that i have some "problems" with windows, because i had used linux for 3 years now..and only linux. all worked with mplayer under linux. no filters or something were needed

and in windows i thought...install cccp and everything works fine.

so untrue

some files are working fime, some aren't.
Old 2006-10-17, 19:24   Link #8
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Impossible. Xvid is one of the most adapted video codec out there for fansubs, hell they run on my old Compaq K6-2 500 mhz computer with 64 mb ram and a 8 mb shared video card. Something's either seriously messed up with your video card or your codecs if you can't even run regular 640 x 480 video files...

If all else dies, try VLC. It's a good player for hardsubbed video (not softsubs though).

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-10-17, 19:29   Link #9
ffdshow

Hopefully this isn't a troll. I would recommend you to ask help in linuxquestions.org instead

Do you use VESA mode? Slow video WILL cause a/v desync.

If you see notes/credits before avi video and audio starts too early, try left-right and it may sync again.

I have received xine h264 buggy report so, it's better to stay with mplayer, commmand line one.

Last edited by ffdshow; 2006-10-18 at 01:29.
Old 2006-10-17, 19:33   Link #10
gollum

i've already tried every possible player

mpc, media player (windows) , mplayer windows (who doesn't know my cpu type. too new, so i have no sse/sse2 support) vlc, zoomplayer and finally divx 6. player

all of them played the blood+ files async.

and i can't use mplayer under linux because he doesn't take xv/ogl/ogl2 output devices....vlc/kaffeine/xine under linux plays h264 with these green artefacts and audio problems...

i dunno. maybe i will switch back to my athlon

btw: hi maceart.. i am sure i know you from another forum.

clannad movie will come out 2007 :P
Old 2006-10-17, 19:35   Link #11
Jubalint
Timer and Stuff

Send a message via AIM to Jubalint Send a message via Yahoo to Jubalint
Quote:
0mg u in trobble!!!! divx and stufz viruses make yor cotputer di.....

dl qucik CCP insargent!!! - http://www.cccp-project.net/download.php?type=cccpi

Tehn u need to unrgsester all thse bad flters!@!!!

u get hax0rz have g0at s3x wi your comp oderwise.

clic eac viruz n de rgeister fliters and ht unrgeister!!! thn rbot an 2nstall k-l1t3 meg pak!!! al fxed!!!!
Old 2006-10-17, 19:40   Link #12
gollum

i will not install anything before i know what that thing does

i have installed cccp 2006 - 07 -28 so i don't think a 1.1.2006 package can fix something for me
Old 2006-10-17, 19:54   Link #13
emptyeighty

Quote:
it plays well under windows with cccp / mepc or zoom player.
Quote:
In CCCP it wtf works for YOU.
Old 2006-10-17, 20:05   Link #14
gollum

i meant some files are working in mpc/cccp

howevery....blood+shinsen subs version doesn't work and for example...shiwase's h264 version oif happiness!...

and happiness is strange because..when i try to play it with vlc/mplayer it shows these green artefacts. with zoomplayer/mpc it doesn't show them.

with vlc/mplayer the speed is changing. at the beginning (tree) it is slow and after that it becomes faster. with cccp it runs at constant speed but some problems.

(like when the blonde girl and the "maingirl" are "fighting" and the maingirl (dont know the name. only looked if the file works) runs to the door, and the other one closed the door magically, there is a problem.

you can hear an extra footstep when the girl stopped at the door but the strange thing is...when the door makes the "closing sound" it is sync....

dunno if this is a problem with the anime or with the file....

but like i said. my mail problem is....blood+ shinsen
Old 2006-10-17, 20:07   Link #15
emptyeighty

Quote:
howevery....blood+shinsen subs version doesn't work and for example...shiwase's h264 version oif happiness!...
Full Insurgent log + test render or it didn't happen.
Old 2006-10-17, 20:08   Link #16
Shounen
Away for good

gollum get a satelite some big screen tv, and lootz ofz pr0n channelz all happy kai.

Or...
Throw away your s.k PC and start reading books like: "How to view fansubs for Haxorz" Vol1.

This should help ya....
Old 2006-10-17, 20:09   Link #17
gollum

what does this insurgent file make?

edit:

testrendering for happiness!:

Test Render of: C:\[Shiawase]_Happiness_01_(h264)_[4A850BB0].mkv
Filter 0: Default DirectSound Device
Filename: C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll
Filter CRC: ABB1AE2C
Date: 2004-11-11 | 14:00:00
Filter 1: Video Renderer
Filter 2: ffdshow Audio Decoder
Filename: C:\Programme\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\ffdshow.ax
Filter CRC: F6FE9D72
Date: 2006-07-26 | 16:09:32
Filter 3: DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)
Filename: C:\Programme\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\VSFilter.dll
Filter CRC: 25BFDE87
Date: 2005-11-25 | 22:58:18
Filter 4: ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder
Filter 5: C:\[Shiawase]_Happiness_01_(h264)_[4A850BB0].mkv
Filename: C:\Programme\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\splitter.ax
Filter CRC: C0C907F8
Date: 2006-07-07 | 21:32:24

Note: For File CRC, use CRC Check from the Tools Menu!

tesrendering for blood+ 1:

Test Render of: E:\Blood+\[Shinsen-Subs]_Blood+_01_[C70CF80C].avi
Filter 0: Default DirectSound Device
Filter 1: Video Renderer
Filter 2: ffdshow Audio Decoder
Filter 3: ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder
Filter 4: AVI Splitter
Filter 5: E:\Blood+\[Shinsen-Subs]_Blood+_01_[C70CF80C].avi
Old 2006-10-17, 20:54   Link #18
bayoab

Quote:
Green artifacts = decoder issue.

Quote:
There are no sync issues between version of XviD.
Secondly, don't use native XviD as your decoder and there will be no problem. You only need to update FFDshow every 12 months or so and everything will play fine. I didn't update FFDshow from 2003 to 2005 and everything still played perfectly.

Quote:
there are things like cccp and stuff like ffmpeg and this and that. and every little piece is incompatible to the other piece....
No, they are perfectly compatible. (CCCP is FFDshow).

Quote:
i think the fansubbing crews all go in the wrong direction. instead of using xvid with different versions, h264 etc. they should use the good old divx. (6) with divx everything was just fine.... no incompatibilities, no files that were async because you had the wrong filter etc.
Divx had exactly the same issues xvid had and more. You had to pay for the encoding software too.

Quote:
No, this is not the reason you are having problems, something is wrong with your setup is the reason. Do you have anything ELSE installed in addition to CCCP (angelpotion, k-lite, etc)?

Doesn't this belong in playback help?
Old 2006-10-17, 23:58   Link #19
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to checkers
eeknay, I laughed so loudly when I read your post I got in trouble for surfing the web at work. Thankyou for making my day
Old 2006-10-18, 00:16   Link #20
gollum

@babyob: no i only have cccp installed.

what is k-lite and angelpotion?

and i have to say: read the xvid forums and you will see for yourself, that there are massive issues between the different xvid versions. like playing a xvid 0.9 file with 1.1 etc.