Old 2011-06-06, 07:35   Link #641
Qikz

Just pre-ordered Senran Kagura over at Amiami, looks.. awesome
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 08:14   Link #642
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Obvious game is obvious, though it still looks awesome. Shame a release outside of Japan has no chance of happening.
Best thing would be to letter aksys games (NA) or ghostlight (UK/Pal) with requests. Those boys localised Agarest: Generations of War/Record of Agarest War and other odd titles.
I'm going to fire up an email later, so join in. The more people ask, the high the possibility we will get it.

Internet browser tomorrow !!!
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 15:35   Link #643
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Best thing would be to letter aksys games (NA) or ghostlight (UK/Pal) with requests. Those boys localised Agarest: Generations of War/Record of Agarest War and other odd titles.
I'm going to fire up an email later, so join in. The more people ask, the high the possibility we will get it.
Just send me a link, and i'll send an email.
Old 2011-06-06, 17:49   Link #644
Sides

Ghostlight (UK) http://www.ghostlight.uk.com
Aksys (NA) http://www.aksysgames.com
So more people can join in the movement.
Old 2011-06-06, 23:35   Link #645
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Those of you who were expecting a June 6 update as opposed to the 7th, update just went live a minute ago.

As for the rest of you, be sure to get it as soon as you wake up!
Old 2011-06-06, 23:56   Link #646
Sides

oh yeah, posting from the 3ds browser.
Old 2011-06-07, 00:01   Link #647
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

^ impression

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 01:38   Link #648
Sides

In one word i would say decent. No flash support at the moment. To be honest, since the 3ds has two screens, i think they could have exploit it a bit better, like one screen showing a webpage zoomed and the other non-zoomed for navigation. Other thing is i don't think it has tabs, to open multiple sites, but i might be wrong.
However excitebike is rather impressive. Once you switch on the 3d mode it looks different. Not sure, but the back ground actually shifts, giving you a different viewing angle, if that makes sense.
There is also a new mascot for the eshop, not sure what it is called, but i call it bag-kun for the time being.

btw i am at college at the moment, without my 3ds. But iirc the 3d mode is disabled once you launch the browser.
Old 2011-06-07, 01:42   Link #649
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
In one word i would say decent. No flash support at the moment. To be honest, since the 3ds has two screens, i think they could have exploit it a bit better, like one screen showing a webpage zoomed and the other non-zoomed for navigation. Other thing is i don't think it has tabs, to open multiple sites, but i might be wrong.
However excitebike is rather impressive. Once you switch on the 3d mode it looks different. Not sure, but the back ground actually shifts, giving you a different viewing angle, if that makes sense.
There is also a new mascot for the eshop, not sure what it is called, but i call it bag-kun for the time being.

btw i am at college at the moment, without my 3ds. But iirc the 3d mode is disabled once you launch the browser.

You download Pokedex 3D? It's free too~

I have to say, I'm impressed with 3D Excitebikes, and the graphics for Pokedex 3D. Though.... I can still complain about how long it took for them to put the update up after promising it~
Old 2011-06-07, 01:55   Link #650
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
You download Pokedex 3D? It's free too~
Nope, the eshop network was overloaded, when i tried. Will do it this evening.
Only thing we need now are, new games sold at a fair price. I just went to a shop the other day, shops are still charging too much imo for some of the launch titles. And 3DS games having a rrp of £39.99 does not really help with sales, is just too much for the current climate.
Old 2011-06-11, 11:36   Link #651
Asrialys

Love the AR Viewer for the Pokedex. Once you get Actual Mode (100 total stickers) to view the Pokemon to scale (relative to the size of the Marker), you can make a 13x13 (inches) AR Marker to get life-sized Pokemon. You will need to put the size slider all the way to the right. Yes, I did the measurements. Although, it may still be short by an inch or 1.5 inches since it isn't precise. lol Can't wait to bring this to StreetPass Day :P

Quote:
I think it only turns on when you view a 3D MPO image to download.

Last edited by Asrialys; 2011-06-11 at 13:08.
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 04:11   Link #652
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

How do i go about getting stickers for the Poxedex?
Old 2011-06-12, 08:46   Link #653
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
How do i go about getting stickers for the Poxedex?
You randomly receive every day Pokemons via spotpass and each Pokemon has its own AR sticker. So basically you've to use AR detector on your friend's 3DS screen to get new AR stickers (AR stickers are also available on the net) and once you get this Pokemon via spotpass, you've to take a photo of this Pokemon to get its photo sticker.
Old 2011-06-15, 03:28   Link #654
Westlo
Lets be reality

lmao @ Neogaf recycling the "What will save the PS3 chartboard" for the 3DS.

Man Nintendo really dropped the ball in a lot of areas when it came to the 3DS.

* Leaving the launch for 3rd parties is an admirable thing to do.. but make sure those 3rd parties actually have some damn good games lined up in the first place.

* Price is too high for the userbase that made the DS what it was, they're not paying that much more for gimmicky 3D.

* Have not made it obvious enough to casual buyers that the 3DS is a brand new system and not just another more expensive revision of the DS with added 3D.

All that combined with Nintendogs going from being the savior of the original DS to flopping on the 3DS has not helped things.

N3DS 3rd month in America did 97,000 units sold, PSP in it's 3rd month did 250,000. They are leaving the door open for the Vita.. though personally I think both are stuffed outside of Japan as you can't beat $1 smartphone games.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 03:37   Link #655
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
N3DS 3rd month in America did 97,000 units sold, PSP in it's 3rd month did 250,000.
Well in know it is a bad excuse, but the spending days for a lot of people is over. So Yeah the 3DS and the games are overpriced for the current climate. Hopefully the console makers take notice and start adjusting prices for their product accordingly to the spending power people have left for leisure and recreation products.
Old 2011-06-15, 03:52   Link #656
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Well in know it is a bad excuse, but the spending days for a lot of people is over. So Yeah the 3DS and the games are overpriced for the current climate. Hopefully the console makers take notice and start adjusting prices for their product accordingly to the spending power people have left for leisure and recreation products.
Well you just can't compete with smartphones when your handheld costs so much and the games aren't exactly cheap either. The entire point of the Wii U Tablet is to combat the smartphone rise but it's completely missing the point if you have to be in the same room as the Wii U and you can't take it with you.

Nintendo would've been better positioned if they had put out a DS2 that was slightly more powerful than the 3DS and at a much cheaper price due to not having the 3D Effect.

It's just weird how handhelds are the dominant thing in Japan but they might get smashed by smartphones everywhere else.
Old 2011-06-15, 03:59   Link #657
Fandal

Quote:
Well you just can't compete with smartphones when your handheld costs so much and the games aren't exactly cheap either. The entire point of the Wii U Tablet is to combat the smartphone rise but it's completely missing the point if you have to be in the same room as the Wii U and you can't take it with you.

Nintendo would've been better positioned if they had put out a DS2 that was slightly more powerful than the 3DS and at a much cheaper price due to not having the 3D Effect.

It's just weird how handhelds are the dominant thing in Japan but they might get smashed by smartphones everywhere else.
Unfortunately, it's very hard to compete when other companies are essentially giving their stuff away for free. I'm not even sure how they make money. Sure, there are a few very rare hits but besides those - I'm not sure how those game companies survives.

Well, other than taking more and more investors money to make money from taking more money from investors which has something to do with attracting more investors. It's all too confusing for someone like me
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 06:03   Link #658
GDB

Quote:
though personally I think both are stuffed outside of Japan as you can't beat $1 smartphone games.
I just can't agree with this. In terms of price per game, sure. But quality of said games is vastly different. Smart phone games are fine as little mini-games you play during a break, but if you want to "game", you're going to need a 3DS or Vita.

Quote:
Well you just can't compete with smartphones when your handheld costs so much and the games aren't exactly cheap either.
Said as if smart phones aren't just as expensive, if not more expensive. Sure, you can get a discounted one if you sign a 2-year contract, but you're still paying a premium on said contract and paying for the smart phone still. There's no monthly fee for a 3DS or Vita.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 06:22   Link #659
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I just can't agree with this. In terms of price per game, sure. But quality of said games is vastly different. Smart phone games are fine as little mini-games you play during a break, but if you want to "game", you're going to need a 3DS or Vita.
Casuals clearly don't care, and it's not like smartphone games aren't going to improve....

Quote:
Said as if smart phones aren't just as expensive, if not more expensive. Sure, you can get a discounted one if you sign a 2-year contract, but you're still paying a premium on said contract and paying for the smart phone still. There's no monthly fee for a 3DS or Vita.
These days a smartphone is a near necessity, a 3ds/vita isn't. Almighty Nintendo themselves see smartphones and not MS/Sony as the real threat, strip back the arrogance and you can see they aren't too far off in some regards...
Old 2011-06-15, 16:16   Link #660
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
lMan Nintendo really dropped the ball in a lot of areas when it came to the 3DS.

* Leaving the launch for 3rd parties is an admirable thing to do.. but make sure those 3rd parties actually have some damn good games lined up in the first place.
Somewhat agree with this point. After all, one game that pretty much showcased what third parties can do with the 3DS, Dead or Alive Dimensions, ended up being pushed back to May.

Quote:
* Price is too high for the userbase that made the DS what it was, they're not paying that much more for gimmicky 3D.
I wouldn't call it too high, as we're taking about competing against the iPod Touch here.

Quote:
* Have not made it obvious enough to casual buyers that the 3DS is a brand new system and not just another more expensive revision of the DS with added 3D.
No, I'm certain that Nintendo made people aware that this was a completely new system (unlike the Wii U at their E3 press conference).

Quote:
N3DS 3rd month in America did 97,000 units sold, PSP in it's 3rd month did 250,000. They are leaving the door open for the Vita.. though personally I think both are stuffed outside of Japan as you can't beat $1 smartphone games.
Personally, I think that the 3DS is going to pick up soon. After all, the big update with the eShop is finally up, and with Zelda coming out on Sunday (and more big Nintendo titles in the months ahead), we're going to be seeing the real "meat" as to what this system has to offer when it comes to gaming.

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds