Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-22, 22:39   Link #1
rooroobearr
Romancy Harems

Location: Let me look outside... Where the hell is this place?Oo
Send a message via AIM to rooroobearr
Kind Guy, But Not Cheesy!

Hello, I am looking for a few animes where the main character is a guy who respects women and is kind. Also where he doesn't fall all over the girls that do like him for that. The thing is I don't want that cheesy crap where he goes "I'll definately protect you no matter what!". Please help me and Thank You!
Some titles relevant to this description are:
Aishiteruze Baby
Happy Lesson
Old 2007-09-23, 02:09   Link #2
Frans

I don't think the explanation really fits with the example. The main character in Aishiteruze Baby (Kippei) isn't really respect woman at first. Although I would agree that he is kind and isn't cheesy. As for the second example, I think it's a little cheesy, because the setting itself is kinda cheesy.

As for my suggestion, I think you will like Bokura Ga Ita. I don't know if it fits perfectly with your description, but since the guy main character is kind and isn't cheesy at all, I think it's okay. But this is a romance anime and your examples aren't exactly romance driven.

And maybe Da Capo, Da Capo SS, Gift. All are harem, but i think it isn't cheesy, and the main character is a nice guy. But these three have supernatural element in the story, and they're all romance driven too.
You could try Mahoraba and Final Approach as well. It's a harem and more of a romance comedy.

I try to think an anime where the focus isn't romance, but have a kind guy as the main character and most of the girls like him. The only one I can think right now is Comic Party.

Last edited by Frans; 2007-09-23 at 02:46. Reason: minor fixes, addition
Old 2007-09-23, 09:46   Link #3
rooroobearr
Romancy Harems

Hmm ty and you're right it was kinda hard for me to think of examples..>.> well i'll try
Bokura Ga Ita and yeah i've seen all the others already and i liked them alot =D
Old 2007-09-24, 11:57   Link #4
Frans

There is another one that i just remembered.. Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru. It fits your description almost perfectly. The big problem is, the setting is about a guy entering a girls only school, so he must act like a girl. All the student like him, but to them, he is a girl. I think throughout the series, only 5 or 6 people really know that he is a boy.
Old 2007-09-24, 12:19   Link #5
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Try Shakugan no Shana. The male lead, Sakai Yuji, is a kind person but really mature in many aspects. He is powerless and depends a lot on Shana for survival - But he does what he can for her and doesn't "overdo" it like most Shounen characters do. He does grow in importance throughout the series, but he keeps about the same up to the end.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2007-09-24, 14:23   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

One of the kindest men in all of anime is Tenma Kenzo, the doctor who's the protagonist in Monster. But I doubt he's the type of person you're looking for.

Someone more along the line of a romantic leading man would be Harima Kenji in School Rumble. Kenji-kun has a bad-boy exterior that hides his strongly romantic and caring personality.
Old 2007-09-24, 17:03   Link #7
rooroobearr
Romancy Harems

HmmmmmmMMMMMmmmmm i've seen all of those titles =D ty for the suggestions! and for some reason i've been avoiding school rumble...i saw the first episode and was like huh...so i stopped.....but i see how alot of people like it can you rate it for me? on a scale of 1-10?plz and ty more suggestions will be appreciated!
Old 2007-09-24, 21:54   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Tsukamoto Yakumo's picture appears next-to-last in my signature. I guess you might deduce something from that fact.

Edit: Actually she's now second to last since Yasako joined the group.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2007-09-25 at 10:38.
Old 2007-09-24, 22:00   Link #9
Woodchips
つかれた!

Depends on what sort of genre you are interested in, but if you give Kanon 2006 a go, you'll find that Yuuichi meets all of those requirements. If you haven't encountered it before, it's a Comedy/drama and while being emotional torture at times, it has the right sort of balance that doesn't leave you in a gloomy funk for too long.

There's also a bit of action in so it has a bit of variety.

I would suggest more, but unfortunately a lot of anime that I have seen have had either: sexist, cheesy or socially retarded male leads.

Last edited by Woodchips; 2007-09-24 at 22:04. Reason: Fingers = sausages
Old 2007-09-24, 22:07   Link #10
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
This may be pushing it, but how about Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo and Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora?
Old 2007-09-25, 00:17   Link #11
Leedizzle

Golden Boy.
Old 2007-09-25, 09:23   Link #12
Frans

School Rumble definitely didn't met your criteria. Not that you wouldn't like it. It's purely a comedy anime with a little hint of romance. Seeing your favorite anime list, I definitely rank this higher than Amaenaideyo. At some episodes, it can be funnier than all the animes in your favorite list. But then again, everybody have a different sense of humor. Since this is (if i'm not mistaken) a 26 eps anime (with another 26 eps second season), I think you should at least watch 4 episodes than decide it yourself (unless you can't bear to watch it, which means it doesn't suit you).
Old 2007-09-25, 15:12   Link #13
rooroobearr
Romancy Harems

hmm ty for the suggestions lol i watched those titles too i jsut haven't updated my list yet and hmmm i still can't seem to get into the school rumble -.- sorry ty and uhhh thank you am i supposed to up your reps or something? i never done it for anybody yet...
Old 2007-09-25, 15:20   Link #14
Caldron
Aria feels good....

Location: In my cube (it looked kinda rectangular though, he says)...
hmm, I've seen Happy Lesson. It's a bit unique one.
Youre request is quite a hard one. but from my list I'd recommend,

Ah! My Goddess (of course :P)
Full Metal Panic!
Tsubasa Chronicle (it's not really cheesy, he is the only one who can do it)
Comic Party! (I guess xD)
Irresponsible Captain Tylor

You don't have to give points anyone's reps if you don't want to. You're free to do it.
At least I'm not posting to raise my reputation, but rather to meet more people and suggest some titles in the midwhile :P

Old 2007-09-25, 15:22   Link #15
rooroobearr
Romancy Harems

hmm ty for the suggestions also but i've seen all of these XD and errr ty and i'll add to everyone's rep right now?if i can lol and uhhh more suggestions will be appreciated!
Closed Thread