AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-01, 16:19   Link #41
KMB
Wanderer

Location: No one place. I've been around and will probably continue to move on.
Excellent chapter. Really exciting and opening up the door for endless new and interesting possibilities. Looks like Oda's on his way to doing it again.

Does anybody else think the Dragon looks somewhat friendly? I can see it going either way, but I get the feeling that he (or she.... since watching Shrek, I've learned never to assume that dragons are all male ) won't be a bad guy.

The Samurai sound really cool. The fact that Ryuuma was in a mummy body, with Brook's shadow probably greatly weakened him from when he was alive, so I'm thinking these Samurai from Wano-kuni are probably immensely strong - probably much stronger than the Ryuuma zombie was. I can't wait to see what happens when they encounter them. It's a possibility that they also won't be enemies to the Straw Hats..... obviously, the first thing that comes to mind is that Zoro's going to fight one or all of them, but I think it's possible that he learns something from them as well.
وَكَاءٍ تَرَى مِنْ صَامِتٍ لَكَ مُعْجِـبٍ
لِسَانُ الفَتَى نِصْفٌ وَنِصْفٌ فُـؤَادُهُ
يُهَـدَّمْ وَمَنْ لا يَظْلِمْ النَّاسَ يُظْلَـمِ
وَمَنْ لَم يُكَـرِّمْ نَفْسَـهُ لَم يُكَـرَّمِ
وَإِنْ خَالَهَا تَخْفَى عَلَى النَّاسِ تُعْلَـمِ
زِيَـادَتُهُ أَو نَقْصُـهُ فِـي التَّكَلُّـمِ
فَلَمْ يَبْـقَ إَلا صُورَةُ اللَّحْمِ وَالـدَّمِ
Old 2012-02-01, 16:31   Link #42
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

since the chapter mention Wano has a close door policy who is going to be the Admiral Perry of One Piece to kick that door open? Luffy? Smoker? Akaniu? Dragon?
Old 2012-02-01, 17:14   Link #43
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 655
That was a great chapter. The crew members who went and stayed on the boat were too convenient for pulling straws. Smoker looks pretty much the same. Minor changes look wise. Smoker is always showing disregard for the Marines rules and orders, G-5 is perfect for Smoker. Wano Island sounds interesting. Kinda cool that Nami can use clouds like Skypia. I like how Oda makes all the straw hats useful to each other and gives them a purpose.

We got a lot of information from Punk Hazard Island in this chapter. All of the Island used to be snowy, WG Base (incident 4 years ago) that seems to be the source of the fire there, and the Island it self was originally a peaceful Island nature wise do to the log post's reaction. I hope Dr. Vega Punk has some part in this incident or the Arch.
Old 2012-02-01, 17:16   Link #44
Kallen4life

We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2012-02-01, 17:17   Link #45
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

I wonder if the crew will travel to the Wano country and the samurai will recognize the sword Zoro took from Ryuuma (in a fair fight) - maybe they won't be enemies, after all?

Punk Hazard really looks cool - maybe the WG were performing some crazy weather experiments... and by the way, it looks like the same place that one of the Supernovas landed at (with the old lady offering an umbrella)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
Definitely the best part

Last edited by james0246; 2012-02-01 at 19:06. Reason: double post...
Old 2012-02-01, 17:51   Link #46
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
She looks 10 and she is 10.

How can she be 'more mature'?
It's a comic, the kid can have the personality of a 65 year old grandma if Oda sees fit.
Old 2012-02-01, 18:01   Link #47
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
It's a comic, the kid can have the personality of a 65 year old grandma if Oda sees fit.
That kid could be a 65 year old man if Oda wanted to an people only only go "Lol Old Trap"
Old 2012-02-01, 18:05   Link #48
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Oh personality wise, of course, but the kid is still 10.

That is still child labour.
Old 2012-02-01, 18:16   Link #49
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Bit late but anyway.

awsome chapter with fanservice for bot men and women

as expected Smoker look manlier and cooler

and the dragon look awesome

by the way guy the 10 years old girl is not iceburg secretary. it trynosour now

anyway i agree with Xacual theory. it seem like punk hazard is place where doctor vegapunk do his experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

But why would Zoro need to replace a sword so soon after entering the New World? I'd say at least give it a couple of arcs before he picks up a new cursed blade....
IMO. personally i think this is right place to have new sword. since there is nothing new that zoro have other than stronger attack

but i guessing it will be on samurai island where he probably get legendary sword

Old 2012-02-01, 18:23   Link #50
Rainbowman

I just found out about the climate in Punk Hazard. There's not only extreme heat over there but also winter clouds. We may be entering an incarnation of Banjo Tooie's Hailfire Peaks.
Old 2012-02-01, 18:35   Link #51
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Wet Robin is hot!!! (no pun intended)

With that been said, I was a bit let down by the tank-top & hot pants. Not that they weren't awesome, but you'd figure that Robin is wearing bra & panty or bikini under that tight dress instead of tank-tops and hot pants...
Well I think it's more that black top is like a long sweater, kinda like the green and white striped one she wore in Strong World(FYI Robin's look there is still by far the best, glasses and ponytail ftw!)
But I have to agree as someone said before Robin is the hottest thing on the Island

Great chapter, good old OP antics and then bringing us a dragon!
Oda is totally on a role with Brooke and his jokes lately

Question now is who gave Smoker the scar?
Old 2012-02-01, 19:13   Link #52
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Oh personality wise, of course, but the kid is still 10.

That is still child labour.
Lol yes it is child labor, but are we making a federal case out of a little kid working at a job in a Japanese comic book? Should we be petitioning Oda about a fictional 10 year old who holds a fictional job in a fictional world, that in no way affects us in the real world?

I really like the Punk Hazard Island so far, I have only two questions about the dragon: A) is it a Zoan user and B) Will it turn out to be friendly or an hostile? So just to make things clear, is Punk Hazard IN Wano Country or just near/along the way? I've been seeing some comments that make it seem like either is plausible (especially the comments about the samurai).
Old 2012-02-01, 19:15   Link #53
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

Now Igneel can have screentime in ONE OIECE XD
Old 2012-02-01, 19:48   Link #54
White Silver King
The Isley

I'm glad Robin went with them, maybe we'll get to see her fight!
Old 2012-02-01, 22:17   Link #55
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Can't wait too see what Smoker and Tagashi will do when they catch up with the straw hats. The new world is here. Yahooooooo. This should be good. Can't wait for adventures in punk hazards
Old 2012-02-01, 22:30   Link #56
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Sanji vs Tashigi/Smoker?
Old 2012-02-01, 23:03   Link #57
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Sanji vs Tashigi/Smoker?
Lol Sanji has no chance. Smoker will take him in one shot like in Logue town. If Smoker goes after the crew on the thousand sunny first, he will probably capture them, then use them as bait for Luffy (except the Sunny Crew somehow gets away)
Old 2012-02-01, 23:34   Link #58
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
Lol Sanji has no chance. Smoker will take him in one shot like in Logue town. If Smoker goes after the crew on the thousand sunny first, he will probably capture them, then use them as bait for Luffy (except the Sunny Crew somehow gets away)
What do you mean by no chance? You're underestimating Sanji way too much. Sanji is very strong.
Old 2012-02-01, 23:34   Link #59
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Similarities
Page 10 Smoker looks like crocodile almost, and page 19 the dragon reminds me of Big mama with all the drooling and eyes.
Old 2012-02-02, 00:11   Link #60
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
What do you mean by no chance? You're underestimating Sanji way too much. Sanji is very strong.
no chance if he can't use haki, which we still don't know whether he can. but sanji and Zoro can use kenbunshoku a bit I guess? When Luffy asked both of them if they can sense a wild beast(Caribou) at mermaid island they could.
Closed Thread