AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-23, 16:06   Link #601
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Na, it's beyond not having streets smarts or being unable to read signals from girls (which can be hard IRL). But this crap is ridiculous. Anyone with half a brain should be able to tell one of those girls likes him, especially from what happened in this episode. Now obviously my complaint is commonplace because he's an anime MC in a harem; the rules require him to be dense and not "get it". It just seems worse here than other similar shows I've seen.
That’s why I said “Book smart =/= street smart” since harem MC’s dense-ness often doesn’t have anything to do with their ability to get good grades, in accordance to what you said:
Quote:
Eita is so comically dense that it borders on stupidity. How does he get such good grades?
Old 2013-02-23, 16:28   Link #602
sikvod00

My point was that it's not about lacking street smarts\common sense or whatever we want to call it. "Anyone with half a brain" and "borders on stupidity" means if you're not dumb, you should be able to get it through your thick skull that these girls like you. That's why I was venting my frustration questioning his intelligence as a student. My post was only tongue and cheek over the denseness of MC's, nothing more.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 16:28   Link #603
sky black swordman

Great epiosde, I was a bit surprised as Mazusu kissed again. That bring the total of kisses 3. Ai was really cute at times on the double date.

It was funny to watch as Chiwa and Ai really got into the movie's characters, who are in a somewhat similar situation as them.It was also hilarious as Masuszu threw her own two cents on the situation in movie.

Quote:
Eita is so comically dense that it borders on stupidity. How does he get such good grades?
Edit: LOL at that movie scene.
Well it probably doesn't help Eita slaming his head on walls and tables. I'm surprised that Eita hasn't gotten a concussion after slaming his head on walls and tables so much.
Old 2013-02-23, 16:33   Link #604
sikvod00

I'm wondering how she was able to get her hands on his diary. She bought it from his workplace, right?
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 16:40   Link #605
sky black swordman

^No, she found his notebook inside of a animal encyclopedia, that Eita mistakenly sold to a used book store. I'm sure you what happen after that.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-02-23 at 19:29.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 19:07   Link #606
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I am living proof that you can be "book smart" and "street stupid," so Eita's character seems within reason to me. He doesn't think anyone would love him, so he doesn't see it when they do. And anyway, as far as he realizes in his conscious mind, he is concentrating on his studies, and not getting involved with love.

But of course, this is sort of beside the point since this show is intended to be a fantasy anyway. And I love it for that. Even when Misuzu is treating him the worst, I have the feeling that things will work out. That peck on the cheek was nice. To be honest, I like all the girls. Good harem show, with a good feeling about it, for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 19:32   Link #607
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Or maybe Eita doesn't want to care. Just because a bunch of girls are after you doesn't mean you have to reciprocate.
Old 2013-02-23, 19:52   Link #608
sky black swordman

Due to his His parents' divorce, Eita just doesn't want to experience the emotion of love or enter into romantic relationships with girls. He probaly thinks if he does enter into romantic relationship it will just end the same way his parents' relationship did.
Old 2013-02-23, 20:32   Link #609
garbage

well that's 2 episode that's worked quite well for me, and it has the added bonus of Masuzu not being bitchy (or I'm just getting used to her >.<). But I liked her final interjection at the movies, and that teehee at the end.

liked how Hime didn't fall for that plan, because it goes against her love master Ai (who seems to be the magazine love contributor too). Anyway it shows she does have her own mind. unfortunately it also means she's out of the picture for the movie scene.

A-chan was wonderful & funny once again, and yes I do understand very much how one can be as shy as that, especially with regards to love matters, coming from someone who's also very shy IRL ehehe. So what I don't understand is how anyone can be annoyed with her, I would posit one of the other girls in particular would be far more annoying.

Chiwa here being chiwa as usual, but I do like her dialogue/debate with Ai in the movie theater. Although it seems Ai is also an osananajimi of sorts. One thing a bit off-putting is how she's too much of a follower with regards to Masuzu. I would just put it to her overly trusting& open character. After all if her love as life itself osananajimi Eita is with this girl Masuzu, she can't be that bad eh?

The show i think really showed how deep Ai & Chiwa's feeling for Eita is. It's kinda sad that in the end there will be only one to "win". well it happens much in real life too. that's just how it is.
Old 2013-02-24, 11:46   Link #610
erdii

well the only part ı liked about the episode was masuzu's part in the cinema ı think rewatch it a hundred times and forgot about the whole episode Ai part in the anime made batter than hime's part
Old 2013-02-24, 12:04   Link #611
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ai knew Eita since kindergarten. Is that longer than Chiwa? I forgot how long they've been friends. Now that I know how long she's loved him, I can only root for her. I kind of think she'd be better off with Kaoru though.
Old 2013-02-24, 16:05   Link #612
takai
Easy Muffin

Masuzu is really starting to put herself out there for Eita. That dude really needs to take a hint.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 20:34   Link #613
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ai knew Eita since kindergarten. Is that longer than Chiwa? I forgot how long they've been friends. Now that I know how long she's loved him, I can only root for her. I kind of think she'd be better off with Kaoru though.
Technically speaking, yes. Chiwa and Eita have been together for 9 years, which means Chiwa knew Eita since elementary school.

EDIT:
In case some people are missing out on the naming convention:

HARUsaki Chiwa = Spring
NATSUkawa Masuzu = Summer
AKIshino Himeka = Autumn
FUYUumi Ai = Winter

Last edited by larethian; 2013-02-24 at 21:15.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 01:39   Link #614
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Well, from hints dropped by our beloved A-chan, looks like A-chan and Eita were on the same kindergarden, but for some reason, A-chan moved away during the time of elementary school, and then Chiwa came...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 07:24   Link #615
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Technically speaking, yes. Chiwa and Eita have been together for 9 years, which means Chiwa knew Eita since elementary school.

EDIT:

HARUsaki Chiwa = Spring
AKIshino Himeka = Autumn
FUYUumi Ai = Winter
So their personalities are related to the season that they are suppose to be representing? If not it at least feels that way somewhat, that is a nice little touch to be hidden in there

The movie theater scene was probably the most refreshing thing in this series in the last 4 episodes, the Hime arch was really boring for the most part and felt very rushed, but that could just be how I felt about it.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 09:31   Link #616
kivredia

Enjoyed the episode a lot and I think Asoi Kaoru should get more screentime, though Eita's self destruction every time his notebooks take the stage is getting a little stale now.

Spoiler for About Eita being dense:
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 09:50   Link #617
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
So their personalities are related to the season that they are suppose to be representing? If not it at least feels that way somewhat, that is a nice little touch to be hidden in there

The movie theater scene was probably the most refreshing thing in this series in the last 4 episodes, the Hime arch was really boring for the most part and felt very rushed, but that could just be how I felt about it.
Completely agreed there, I literally burst out laughing during the movie scene it was hysterical.

Interestingly I noticed how each girl has a particular claim on Eita, Chiwa being childhood friends, or Masuzu whose claim is that they are so twistedly similar. It adds a specific distinction to each character which I think you can find in majority of LN RomComs. The main girl who brings about the current set of occurrences, your childhood friend, the girl who liked you but moved away, and the one that is mostly weird/admires the MC. Well I guess It is one of those genres that if you like you probably like all.

Masuzu more or less drives each and every comedic encounter based on the situation as well as provides the same romantic tease as the first female girl albeit in her twisted manner.

I great part of the series that I like is that Chiwa has a huge impact on Eita and we are actually shown how close they are actually are. Which is what made the movie debate important and memorable for me when we compared it to Ai whose "claim" seemed to fall short of Chiwa. The only thing I felt the character nailed head on was how she never had the chance to be the childhood friend, which felt like an essential part of the character as well as created a sense of sympathy. In the end it still seems to be a Masuzu vs Chiwa in terms on the end couple which favours Masuzu due to plot premise.

P.S Ai in her Yukata in the preview is something to look forward to next episode.
Old 2013-02-25, 16:05   Link #618
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Had to chime in: when Masuzu reads out of Eita's notebook causing him to nearly explode with embarassment it never gets old. Fantastic. And somehow, the stories in that thing get more and more embarassing with time.
Old 2013-02-25, 19:43   Link #619
rarely_upset
really cool guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post

HARUsaki Chiwa = Spring
AKIshino Himeka = Autumn
FUYUumi Ai = Winter
So I can take that to mean that at the end of the 'year', Ai will win? Right?
Old 2013-02-26, 00:10   Link #620
Shimapan
Try me! <3

We now got to see one of the reasons why Eita is "anti-love" when he passed out after getting another hysteric fit from Masuzu reading from his diary.

He relived his memories about about his big crush in middle school, and how his crush then confessed to someone else. It looked like it really shocked him back then, and it's possible that he then convinced himself that other girls couldn't possible like him. After telling this to himself for who knows how long, he could believe it now on an unconscious level, discarding any signals of the girls as "No, they can't possibly like me."

As for Ai, she really missed a golden chance. When confronted with that boyfriend nonsense again, she should've said, "Oh, we just recently separated again, so I'm all free now for you!" She could've even added some "I'm still a little sad from the break-up, so I could use someone who comforts me a little."

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen