AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-25, 17:35   Link #41
NK_500
Disabled By Request

At the other side of coin I think Taishou Yakyuu Musume is probably the most female-friendly seinen show I ever saw but too bad it had very limited appeal. Lack of bishies and romance definitely killed their interest towards that show despite almost zero fanservice(unlike most other male-oriented shows).

Last edited by NK_500; 2013-03-25 at 19:28. Reason: The plast paragraph was deleted to prevent the moderators doing so...
Old 2013-03-25, 17:49   Link #42
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Seinen quite often appeals across the aisle simply because it has usually "grown up" past the Boom Bang Shouting or the Bouncy Bouncy and actually emphasizes relationship development and more complex personalities -- the kind of stuff that older audiences of either sex prefer. That isn't a knock of shounen, just a recognition of what the producers think the targeted demographic likes.
Old 2013-03-25, 18:01   Link #43
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Sure, but it'd be untruthful to say that the anime wasn't meant primarily for girls. Kuroko's Basketball runs in a shounen magazine, but everyone knows that it's mainly girls watching it as well.
Which is why I normally take official demographic labels with a grain of salt. Especially original anime which don't come with any label to begin with.

There are also manga that change demographics midway through with little to no difference in presentation. For instance, Aria changed from shoujo to shounen when it succeeded Aqua, but I never noticed it getting any "manlier". This just further emphasizes how meaningless all these labels are.
Old 2013-03-25, 18:15   Link #44
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
I think I agree with OP though not entirely. I think some of the so-called "shounen" start pandering fujioshi crowd. Kuroko no Basuke, K and perhaps Code Breaker are recent examples.

At the other side of coin I think Taishou Yakyuu Musume is probably the most female-friendly seinen show I ever saw but too bad it had very limited appeal. Lack of bishies and romance definitely killed their interest towards that show despite almost zero fanservice(unlike most other male-oriented shows).
Do you really think women only want bishies and romance.

That is like me saying guys only want boobs and cute girls.

Some of us actually watch anime for the story & characters.
Old 2013-03-25, 18:21   Link #45
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post

Just ignore him his posts are always like that
Old 2013-03-25, 18:23   Link #46
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post

It can't be help..... it adds flavor...
Old 2013-03-25, 18:50   Link #47
Eragon
Still Alive

Perhaps, the OP has seen only so many shows and is basing these assertions on that. Its not very difficult to imagine that, unless you watch anime on the internet, your view about what kind of shows are 'trending' will be highly influenced by what your cable operator is airing on t.v. At least, that's my experience.
And this, 'female-cast = female audience' is an old/classical standard - as far as I know. This could also probably be where the OP is getting his assertions from perhaps? I may very well be wrong and this post might make no sense - I'm, admittedly, devoid of sleep atm

Last edited by Eragon; 2013-03-25 at 19:56. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 2013-03-25, 19:03   Link #48
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I think I agree with OP though not entirely. I think some of the so-called "shounen" start pandering fujioshi crowd. Kuroko no Basuke, K and perhaps Code Breaker are recent examples.
It's more like the fujioshi makes it to their desire. I can tell you that a lot of fangirls do the same to others that are not pandering to the fujioshi crowd.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2013-03-25, 19:06   Link #49
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHerrera View Post
It's more like the fujioshi makes it to their desire. I can tell you that a lot of fangirls do the same to others that are not pandering to the fujioshi crowd.
Much worst in the fanboys... 10x much worst...
Old 2013-03-25, 19:10   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If you've ever wandered by a doujinshi table, you should know the dark side can bend *anything* to their will.
Old 2013-03-25, 19:18   Link #51
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Much worst in the fanboys... 10x much worst...
Really? I think there pretty much equal and I'm not just talking about fujioshi's I mean all the fangirls xD You should see what they can do >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If you've ever wandered by a doujinshi table, you should know the dark side can bend *anything* to their will.
lol true.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2013-03-25, 19:22   Link #52
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You mean turning girls into futas? It seems also that anime are becoming a sexual oriented show...
Old 2013-03-25, 19:24   Link #53
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They can do far worse things.

Especially with Touhou.
Old 2013-03-25, 19:26   Link #54
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
They can do far worse things.

Especially with Touhou.
LOLs... That even made me think.. "So Touhou really has a futa character?!"
Old 2013-03-25, 19:32   Link #55
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Clannad and K-On! had big female fandom. Yosuga no Sora also known to have female fandom as well. Amagami SS and Tari Tari are one of the few seinen shows which don't have much problem with.
Old 2013-03-25, 19:38   Link #56
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Yosuga no Sora also known to have female fandom as well.
Gives me tears.... No sarcasm. It's really that popular among women? They do enjoy incest...
Old 2013-03-25, 19:47   Link #57
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Gives me tears.... No sarcasm. It's really that popular among women? They do enjoy incest...
Not incest but the romance, which usually hard to come by in most shoujo mangas. How many shoujo manga where its hero willing to sacrifice his life for for his lover? I know I shouldn't mention YnS but I think it need to be noted.

More to that point lots of women enjoyed School Days but all they want to see is Nice Boat, just like everyone else.
Old 2013-03-25, 19:51   Link #58
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
More to that point lots of women enjoyed School Days but all they want to see is Nice Boat, just like everyone else.
Spoiler for Battle Cry:
Old 2013-03-25, 22:42   Link #59
Ridwan

Quote:
Spoiler for Battle Cry:
I won't accept this bigotry !!
Old 2013-03-26, 03:54   Link #60
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Sure, but it'd be untruthful to say that the anime wasn't meant primarily for girls. Kuroko's Basketball runs in a shounen magazine, but everyone knows that it's mainly girls watching it as well.
I think it's safe to say that a lot of shounen and seinen publishers nowadays consider girls and women part of their audience if not their primary audience, but keep the labels for legacy reasons.

Evem visual novel companies seem to be in on the act. The popularity of Clannad with girls has been mentioned, but I'd go as far as to say that I think Key might have had it in mind when designing the protagonist of Little Buster. EF's atypically large male cast also seems like it might target women to an extent. And I don't think it's coincidence that some here are suggesting Yosuga no Sora has a strong female following - the impact of Haruka's cute shota looks is depicted quite vividly in the anime as I recall.

And of course, you have Inu x Boku SS, which appears to have targeted both male and female otaku and reaped the benefits in sales.

Personally, I find it pretty ridiculous that some people get so up in arms about it. Fujoshi are the lowest common denominator that's ruining anime? Guess who was accused of being the lowest common denominator ruining anime five years ago? That's right, "moefags" like me. What makes this crusade any less an exercise in reactionary hostility than that wankfest was? I'm not stupid enough to get caught up in that sort of BS.

(Besides, it's not like "fujoshi" and "moe fan" are exclusive - quite a few of these women are my comrades, so to speak.)

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Closed Thread