Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-18, 01:45   Link #1
Akeval

Send a message via AIM to Akeval
"Crumbling World" Theme

Hey im looking for animes that portray the "dark" not so nice side of society, and the world in general. This includes ( but isn't limited to ) Violence, Drugs etc...

Also i would like to request people post one or two that were your favorite of this type... not a list =)

Some i've seen that would be an example:

Gantz
Shakugan no Shana
Ergo Proxy
Old 2007-03-18, 02:22   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Future Boy Conan, my absolute favourite................., and Gun Grave, one of my favourite.
Old 2007-03-18, 02:22   Link #3
jedinat

Noir
Trigun
Old 2007-03-18, 02:24   Link #4
Oloko

Send a message via MSN to Oloko
I have three anime that made me look at the world with a different look cause of their way to show us "dark" thing about life:

Black Lagoon showed me how much "unwanted experience" (sorry for my bad english ) can affect people life and lead them to the "wrong" path of life.

Kino's Journey made me felt like there isn't only on way to look at something. Some people will do something that seems really disgusting to us, but for them it's plain and it's their only way to live.

Speed Grapher disgusted me from our society. I didn't really love the part of superhuman power, but they showed our current society in a way that you can't watch without being ashamed of doing nothing to change the way we do things.

I would like to make a special note about Infinite Ryvius too. I tough it was awesome in some points: put a lot of students stuck together for a long time and make them create their own society. It hurt so much to see them make stupid decisions, when you know people in our own society do the same choice.

I know there is a mistake in "Souufrance" but I lost my .psd
Animes:
Seen all
Masterpieces
Old 2007-03-18, 02:26   Link #5
ImClueless
Rawr

Black Lagoon

A show featuring mercenaries, crime lords and the underbelly of society (although in a Hollywoodish sort of way).

EDIT: Beaten by Oloko
Old 2007-03-18, 04:58   Link #6
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Elfen Lied - Lots of violence, some nudity, child abuse, dementia, torture etc...

The Third - about life in a post-apocalyptic desert world.
Old 2007-03-18, 06:23   Link #7
andromeda0201

well Gantz immediately came to mind but you already have that...

so probably Death Note, currently airing, does show you a lot of dark sides of human nature

Rurouni Kenshin Reminiscence OVA totally portrays the bloody, merciless world of ancient Japan, an excellent short story not to be missed

also xxxHoLiC, you can see that many of the people that go to Yuuko for help have very dark sides

one more, Night Head Genesis, you either like it or hate it because some scenes can get very cheesy but it is very dark indeed, everyone seems to have commited something bad from what I remember
Old 2007-03-18, 23:03   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Try Monster. It's not dark in that it portrays the underbelly of society in the way that Black Lagoon does. Rather the monster in this show is handsome, charming, well-dressed and one of the most intrinsically evil people in anime.
Old 2007-03-18, 23:25   Link #9
Scorch

Texhnoloyze is worth a shot. It's very dystopian. The city almost feels like a character itself. There's essentially three groups fighting over it - a yakuza-like group, a biker gang, and a cult. The first episode is very differently structured than the rest, so at least give it two episodes if you try it.
Closed Thread