AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-19, 11:56   Link #261
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Speaking of Luca... did you notice that the red Vajra who took him used some kind of "trasparent arm"? What the hell was that?
Shota-mecha-tentacle fanservice.
Old 2008-05-19, 12:23   Link #262
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Max and Milia go apeshit (in their 70 year old bodies), and pull a 911 on the Vajra.

Then I will most definitely pull a 911 on Mr. Kawamori.

But why does she have to be the child of anyone famous? It doesn't have to be that way, and I really don't want to see Max or Milia anymore, especially since they are now in their what? 70s?

- Tak
They're looking pretty good in their 60-odd year old bodies in 7, so they shouldn't be looking too bad. Remember, growning old is a state of mind, and geniuses like Max and Millia Jenius don't grow old. Seeing them go apeshit on the Vajra in their VF-22S Sturmvogels powered by the Power of Love would definately be awesome. But it's better if it doesn't happen.

Also, Tak, I'd suggest refraining from constantly making references to 9/11 as a verb. It's bad taste. If you're going to persist anyway, at least make sure you get the term right. Nine slash eleven.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-19, 12:24   Link #263
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

... you know since the ship is designated VF-27 that means it has to be registered to NUNS as a fleet ship. The VF tag is only used with allied valks...
Old 2008-05-19, 12:33   Link #264
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
... you know since the ship is designated VF-27 that means it has to be registered to NUNS as a fleet ship. The VF tag is only used with allied valks...
*shrug* Could be a stolen valk...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-19, 12:44   Link #265
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

stolen when and from who is my question
Old 2008-05-19, 13:20   Link #266
magnuskn

Quote:
BURN THE HERETIC, KILL THE MUTANT, PURGE THE UNCLEAN (TM)!!!

That was Bobotech man (thats right, BOBOTECH). Our beloved Italian Capt'n later started the colonization project along with the help of an equally beloved Zent supreme commander. That is how humanity spread across known space.

Bobotech on the other hand, was content with humans isolating themselves while royally @!$!@$!$ themselves over their collective arses.

- Tak
Seeing how "Bobotech" got me into Anime in the first place, I donīt much care about the stupid yelling.

That being said, good to know that Gloval and the bridge bunnies survived in the original Macross.
Old 2008-05-19, 17:10   Link #267
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
They're looking pretty good in their 60-odd year old bodies in 7, so they shouldn't be looking too bad. Remember, growning old is a state of mind, and geniuses like Max and Millia Jenius don't grow old. Seeing them go apeshit on the Vajra in their VF-22S Sturmvogels powered by the Power of Love would definately be awesome. But it's better if it doesn't happen.
EGADS! 50+ years old, my dear Goose! 50+! Yes, I know they are a few years off, but hitting that magical SIX matters a crapload! Still, seeing them fight eventually in the final segment of 7 was heart-warming, that is, despite the silliness of the entire show.

Quote:
Also, Tak, I'd suggest refraining from constantly making references to 9/11 as a verb. It's bad taste. If you're going to persist anyway, at least make sure you get the term right. Nine slash eleven.
You will have to excuse my somewhat deranged humor.

- Tak
Old 2008-05-19, 18:23   Link #268
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
EGADS! 50+ years old, my dear Goose! 50+! Yes, I know they are a few years off, but hitting that magical SIX matters a crapload! Still, seeing them fight eventually in the final segment of 7 was heart-warming, that is, despite the silliness of the entire show.
The powers of rounding up to the nearest ten. That said, they should have gotten into the Sturmvogels and patched up earlier and kicked more ass sooner.

Then again the problem with the VF-19 and VF-22 is that those things are so powerful if you give them to grunts you'll just turn them into elite mooks or the good guys will curbstomp everyone, which makes for a boring story.

Quote:
You will have to excuse my somewhat deranged humor.
For me, acts of terrorism are serious business. I'd suggest you refrain from making more references to Max and Millia or anyone else in Macross committing terrorism, for the sake of plain, simple decency.

6000 people were killed that day. That's not something to laugh about. Unless you're a Romeo November Charlie, but meh.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-19, 18:50   Link #269
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
This wouldn't stop any faction from carrying on with the tradition. Besides, it may be that before the split/secession/rebellion, the VF-27 is indeed serving the UN Spacy, just so happened that it was deployed exclusively with the rebel faction. Besides, we are not yet definite with the VF-27 designation.
Old 2008-05-20, 21:49   Link #270
ReddyRedWolf

Coming from SMS captain Wilbur nobody names a ship Macross without the nescessary requirement of transforming into a humanoid configuration and having a Macross canon.

If I'm right Galaxy is the biggest Macross ever built.

Looking at it port side those look like an arm and a leg.

A Macross that does what the original did having both military and civillian wthin it.

It would be the big surprise in the future that it could be turned against them like what happened in Macross VF-X2's Macross 13.

The smallest Macross ever built against the biggest one ever built.

Quarter vs Galaxy.

Why build the biggest Macross because they can and they have the money. (Macross Galaxy was mainly a corporate venture.)
Old 2008-05-20, 22:44   Link #271
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

They might have a New Macross-class battlecarrier docked with Galaxy. Macross 7 was City 7 and Battle 7, afterall.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-20, 22:54   Link #272
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
They might have a New Macross-class battlecarrier docked with Galaxy. Macross 7 was City 7 and Battle 7, afterall.
On that line of thought, what if... Macross Frontier is Macross Quarter's Superpack?

Old 2008-05-20, 23:25   Link #273
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
On that line of thought, what if... Macross Frontier is Macross Quarter's Superpack?

That'd be great lulz More like an Armored Pack though , IMO.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-21, 03:14   Link #274
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

*imagines the Macross Quarter wearing Macross Frontier*

A super pack 4x bigger then the unit itself?

hmm....something with this image just doesn't seem right.....

Old 2008-05-21, 04:39   Link #275
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
*imagines the Macross Quarter wearing Macross Frontier*

A super pack 4x bigger then the unit itself?

hmm....something with this image just doesn't seem right.....

Why not? It's not unprecedented in the mecha genre.

Cheers.
Old 2008-05-21, 07:47   Link #276
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
If I'm right Galaxy is the biggest Macross ever built.

Looking at it port side those look like an arm and a leg.

It would be the big surprise in the future that it could be turned against them like what happened in Macross VF-X2's Macross 13.

The smallest Macross ever built against the biggest one ever built.
It might be the biggest colony ship to be tagged with the Macross name, but the entire ship won't be transformable like the original SDFMacross, the closest thing you might get is something like Battle 7 attached to M-Galaxy. There's a difference between a Macross Colony ship and a Macross battleship.

It'd be more than irresponsible to make the entire ship transformable and run the risk of having to constantly bring the civilian population to battle if you end up on the offensive (defending is a different kettle of fish). Whereas the original Macross did it out of necessity.

I mean, the idea itself is awesome, but it'd be silly for a fleet who's main purpose is to spread humanity throughout the stars to have the ability to bring its entire population into battle when it doesn't have to.
Old 2008-05-21, 07:59   Link #277
Wesley84

So just how many tens of thousands died because of the Vajra attack on Galaxy? It would seem that only one ship managed to escape, and the only chance any would have had was making a break for Frontier, due to the Fold Disruption, and the probable remoteness of the region they were in.
Old 2008-05-21, 10:17   Link #278
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I'm thinking the Mystery pilot shot Alto's gun cause he was accidentally firing at the Fold reactor. Brera being in the apparently super tech vf-27 probably thought Alto had no idea what he was doing and decided it was a risk he wasn't willing to take. IE the reactor blowing up because of Alto shooting at it.
Old 2008-05-21, 10:27   Link #279
ReddyRedWolf

You may be right. Alto is such a noob.

But this encounter would no doubt start his annoyance at that pinkish Valkyrie.

Like Gamlin's annoyance with certain custom VF-19 pilot.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2008-05-21 at 10:37.
Old 2008-05-21, 10:32   Link #280
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I mention this cause it seems like Brera went in after Luca and the freshly shot up small Vajra in the ship had to have been his work. If Brera was part of the Vajra i don't think he'd have to shot them.

I wonder if he just got caught in the fold out by accident and immediately left for Galaxy once the battle was over. As for his connection with Ranka, he could be another survivor from the same attack and could be suffering from the same memory suppression.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers