AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 25 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 263 62.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 16.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 3.31%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-28, 08:22   Link #421
typhonsentra

She wasn't rich at the time they were there, she was still a runaway at the time, even if in the back of her mind she might've been thinking about going back home at this point. It doesn't matter either way but I don't think we're supposed to believe that scene lead to sex, but that's just me.
Old 2009-03-28, 08:24   Link #422
puppygod

We have XXI century. Sex doesn't equal pregnancy anymore.

Whether they ended with some serious kissing or was there something more later doesn't matter. The point is, if they wanted to, they could. No problem either way.
Old 2009-03-28, 10:00   Link #423
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
...it probably went something like: "So do you want to..." *whack* "Shut up and go to sleep already."
LOL... most marriages do.
Old 2009-03-28, 11:59   Link #424
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

and here is a good question

Would you like an ova to close any lose ending on the end of this anime??

i for one would love to know if taiga and ryuji would.

you know do stuff >_<
Old 2009-03-28, 12:47   Link #425
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
It doesn't feel perfect to me. I think that the headbutt could of worked if they kept them on screen, showing that Taiga really does still care for Ryuuji, then it would of been nice. But ending it on that note kind of leaves a bad message to the tsundere character/relationship.

The novel's plans though feel a bit more satisfying. It's one of those situations where you think: "They've come this far and have gone through so much...I'm glad they are like this now." Taiga hitting Ryuuji, getting defensive and ending it on that note more of states that she hasn't truly grown even coming to this realization.

And when you think about it, she's told him specifically that "You never said you loved me." What do you think Ryuuji would of did if he first saw her? She really cannot put shame on him for that.
If she had hugged him and said 'me too' it would haven't worked as well.

We know at this point Taiga how handles things, and when she gets embarrased that's just how she reacts. You can't hold fault to the show for having it stay true to her character.

Besides which, the kissing scene earlier in this episode was so amazing that they could have ended the series with monkey's throwing shit at each other and I wouldn't have given a damn.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-03-28, 12:51   Link #426
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
and u have to include the lyrics of the openings and endings

I don't know which opening it was, but there was one opening where one line called "I know I'm clumsy when it comes to love" while Taiga was screened

So she wouldn't hug him, because she's clumsy when it comes to love hahaha xD
one more fact why not :P

Last edited by Sephiroth_760; 2009-03-28 at 13:38.
Old 2009-03-28, 13:21   Link #427
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Besides which, the kissing scene earlier in this episode was so amazing that they could have ended the series with monkey's throwing shit at each other and I wouldn't have given a damn.
Totally agree'd.
Old 2009-03-28, 14:23   Link #428
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

that was a good ending. questions answered
Old 2009-03-28, 16:26   Link #429
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
If she had hugged him and said 'me too' it would haven't worked as well.

We know at this point Taiga how handles things, and when she gets embarrased that's just how she reacts. You can't hold fault to the show for having it stay true to her character.

I think it would of. I would of been more pleased with a complete ending with the two of them happily being together. But I feel a bit angry by it because I usually see tsundere-violence as a complete mood-killer. It doesn't feel necessary to have Taiga's final words or thoughts to be something like that.
Old 2009-03-28, 17:05   Link #430
noktown

Time to start watching this anime =)

I bet ur all jealous of me ;d
Old 2009-03-28, 17:15   Link #431
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
I think it would of. I would of been more pleased with a complete ending with the two of them happily being together. But I feel a bit angry by it because I usually see tsundere-violence as a complete mood-killer. It doesn't feel necessary to have Taiga's final words or thoughts to be something like that.
But that's how taiga is. when she gets overly embarrassed she tends to react in the wrong way. it's how she deals with it. it's part of her true personality and if she were to hug him and say "me too" or something, it would seem like the core of her personality would have been killed off.

もいちど。。。
Old 2009-03-28, 17:49   Link #432
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
But that's how taiga is. when she gets overly embarrassed she tends to react in the wrong way. it's how she deals with it. it's part of her true personality and if she were to hug him and say "me too" or something, it would seem like the core of her personality would have been killed off.
How would that be killing her personality? The entire arc was focused on her coming to realization of what kind of person she was before Ryuuji. She came to terms with how she acted and how she was to other people. A great amount of episode was her focusing on self-reflection and making adult choices. Ending it on the light-hearted note likes that puts a damper on the serious tension between the two.

I just feel like ending it without another word spoken (almost) means that she has not grown up and the time spent away felt meaningless. Acting flustered and defensive isn't a good way to counteract to everything.
Old 2009-03-28, 18:11   Link #433
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

Reminds me of a certain series that threw out all the developments out of the window, and ended with pie-throwing.

Thank god Toradora gave me a very satisfying end.
Old 2009-03-28, 18:16   Link #434
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Taiga's mild little embarrassed head bump at the end was clearly intended to show that "yes Taiga has matured/changed" but "yes, there's still the comedic Taiga" in her personality. Its a more complex characterization than a simple linear fantasy tsun->dere.
Old 2009-03-28, 18:28   Link #435
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Taiga's mild little embarrassed head bump at the end was clearly intended to show that "yes Taiga has matured/changed" but "yes, there's still the comedic Taiga" in her personality. Its a more complex characterization than a simple linear fantasy tsun->dere.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think the ending note ruins the show for me or anything. I really loved Episode 25 and thought it was incredible. Something just feels off with the set up.

Think of it this way.

-Taiga tells Ryuuji through a text message. "You never told me you loved me. Stupid."
-She leaves
-Fast-Forward to Graduation of 3rd Year
-Taiga takes the time to come back to the school and sneak into the classroom where they had their first confrontation.
-Ryuuji catches a glimpse of Taiga from the ground and dashes to the classroom where she is.
-Taiga then takes the time to put herself into locker where Ryuuji found her, from their first confrotation.
-Ryuuji, having not seeing her in a year, confesses his love.

I mean, through all of that build up and positioning, is it right for Taiga to say; "Why would you say something embarrassing like that? You should of waited for a better mood or something."
Old 2009-03-28, 18:58   Link #436
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My take is "no, its not right... but then we already know Taiga is a bit of an idiot herself". There's nothing wrong with wishing the two had done something more poetic, but somehow it seemed to fit better into the "complicated characters" these are ... both of them will think of the "right way" they should have executed their reunion 10 minutes later but then it will be too late --- just how things really go

These characters are all still pretty dysfunctional though they've solved some problems and bonded as classmates and friends. It'll be interesting to read volume 10 in detail and see how the author herself sorted all this out.
Old 2009-03-28, 19:02   Link #437
typhonsentra

And my take:

She wasn't really angry, just joking around when she gave that text message but it surprised Ryuuji when he thought about it and made an impression on him.I liked that too, that he's thoughtful enough to remember something so minor after such a long period of time.
Old 2009-03-28, 19:08   Link #438
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
i didnt like the ending but i enjoyed the anime a lot....
Old 2009-03-28, 19:42   Link #439
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I don't think the ending note ruins the show for me or anything. I really loved Episode 25 and thought it was incredible. Something just feels off with the set up.

Think of it this way.

-Taiga tells Ryuuji through a text message. "You never told me you loved me. Stupid."
-She leaves
-Taiga takes the time to come back to the school and sneak into the classroom where they had their first confrontation.
-Ryuuji catches a glimpse of Taiga from the ground and dashes to the classroom where she is.
-Taiga then takes the time to put herself into locker where Ryuuji found her, from their first confrotation.

I mean, through all of that build up and positioning, is it right for Taiga to say; "Why would you say something embarrassing like that? You should of waited for a better mood or something."
1. They knew they loved each other before she slammed her head into his jaw in the last 12 seconds of the episode. The entirety of episode 24 and half of 25 was coming to that realization. That's why I brought up the kissing scene, that portion was raw emotion and unbelievable amounts of affection. Ryuji saying 'I love you' was not a confession, it was his way of dealing with Taiga stepping up and taking care of her own problems. She had faith in him to wait, so he realized he had to accept it, but somewhere in the back of his mind he's thinking 'When this wonderful person comes back into my life I'm going to tell her that I love her'. That's what he does. He holds onto that thought for however long it took, and when she's finally in front of him he delivers it to her. Taiga gets embarassed, her normal personality kicks in, and she head butts him. If the two of them are in love 50 years from now, and he does something just as romantic, she's still going to kick his shins in and knock out his fake hip in response, that is just how Taiga Aisaka is, and the show stayed true to that.

You can dislike it all you want, but again, there is no real fault to be had.

Realistically speaking, Toradora never had an actual honest to god confession scene in it between these two, and that includes the 'I love you' at the end of the show, but then that's what makes Toradora stand out and hold up well on its own two feet. It's like getting mad at a show like Full Metal Panic (The Second Raid specifically) for not having Sosuke and Chidori embrace each other on a beach adorned by the setting sun with the waves lightly splashing their feet or some other Shoprite romantic novel standard crap.

If you really want to nitpick, look at the situation from the OTHER SIDE of the coin. Taiga and Ryuji realize they love one another, spend a small amount of time with each other (a few days was it?), and then Taiga up and leaves him to sort out her own shit. She doesn't tell him about it beforehand, she just expects him to tolerate it. So the newly christened love of your life left you without feeling the need to tell you what she was doing before she did it.

That's fine. Knowing Ryuji, he probably would have told her to stick with him and his mother to be part of his family. The thing here is that the two women who have pining for him before Taiga really figured anything out are now with him on a daily basis. REALISTICALLY SPEAKING I think either of them would have, hell, SHOULD have pursued matters in that time period, but then this is anime and not reality so that's how it is.

So yeah, she head butted the guy.

Big deal.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-03-28, 20:01   Link #440
wistfulloner

Quote:

Think of it this way.

-She leaves

You know, the show "technically" ended before the ED started, anything else after that is simply part of the epilogue.

I'm happy all the feelings were in place by the end, and we were given an informal look at their future.
Closed Thread