AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite Kannagi character(s)
Nagi 112 60.87%
Mikuriya Jin 43 23.37%
Aoba Tsugumi 100 54.35%
Zange / Suzushiro Hakua 55 29.89%
Kimura Takako 57 30.98%
Ookuchi Shino 19 10.33%
Hibiki Daitetsu 34 18.48%
Akiba Meguru 43 23.37%
Suzushiro Reiri 2 1.09%
Others (specify) 1 0.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-29, 00:14   Link #41
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
But Nagi's design a way too cartoonish and she can't act too ladylike...that's the problem...
mind you, she's of a deity. Even Horo doesn't act all lady-like unless she's teasing (which she often does) Laurence

in addition, Nagi can act like a normal girl.

out of the three girls i would say Nagi fair the least in terms of looks (Zange>Tsugumi>Nagi) her bangs just doesn't suit her.

Quote:
Luise is small in terms of height and chest but her way of acting and her face is suggest her girliness...
don't forget annoying

oh wait, scratch that
Old 2009-01-29, 02:59   Link #42
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Maybe if she didn't got to some romantic scenes(i mean Luise) she didn't have a higher ranking in terms of sexyness compared to Nagi...(but i think Luise's looks is more womanly even if she didn't have any loves scenes.)
Old 2009-01-29, 14:17   Link #43
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
But Nagi's design a way too cartoonish and she can't act too ladylike...that's the problem...
Luise is small in terms of height and chest but her way of acting and her face is suggest her girliness...but Nagi is too plain for me in that terms...perhaps she is a fun character but nowhere near to sexy.
Nagi is designed to resemble someone from the Heian era and has a trim feminine body look. But yeah, her personality more resembles a low level courtesan (aka rambunctious bar wench if you like) at times.

And as, darknemo says, boobage is not directly proportional to "sexy". I imagine we have the 3+ young ladies designed differently as they are so that "there's a style for everyone". Personality plays much more into it than just looks.

I think they're all pretty cute/sexy though I find Zange's personality too off-putting. Tsugumi wins for cuddle-appeal. Nagi wins for fun (her voice and its wide dynamics are sexy). The two senpai have their charms.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-01-29 at 14:25. Reason: spelling hell
Old 2009-01-29, 15:37   Link #44
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think they're all pretty cute/sexy though I find Zange's personality too off-putting. Tsugumi wins for cuddle-appeal. Nagi wins for fun (her voice and its wide dynamics are sexy). The two senpai have their charms.
Pretty much how I feel though I personally didn't find Tsugumi that cute, she was sometimes bit plain to me, but I still find her to be attractive one.

Weirdly, me too was not appealed to Zange at all. Something about her character really put me off, while Nagi really looked more attractive to me even if her forms are lacking compared to Zange.
Old 2009-01-29, 16:28   Link #45
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

I just can't think of any of them as attractive...they're all kids in apearance...Maybe Tsugumi have the most "charm"(even hers is nowhere near to an average H-game adaptation girl's).
Nagi's behaviour like an old woman's combined with childishness...not too mention the kiddish look.
Zange is toaly childrenlike despite her dimensions...cute in her own way but that cuteness can be said to a baby.
Tsugumi is tooyoung, but at least she act like her age indicates.
Old 2009-01-29, 18:48   Link #46
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think you're supposed to view them through the lens of what would attract you if you were also 16/17.
Nagi's behavior befits someone who has been around hundreds of years though she can't remember a lot of it.
Zange/Hakua is indeed a petulant somewhat selfish younger lady; a bit clumsy in her social skills. Its hard to where where the goddess starts and the young girl with a crush stops.
Tsugumi is what she is.
Old 2009-01-30, 04:34   Link #47
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

I have no problem with that just with the tought that Nagi can be considered sexy!
How the hell could he reach a tie with Mizore(from Rosario+Vampire) on the who's the hottest anime girl poll at one of the MAL Clubs???
I think some people messes up the hot(aka:sexy) with the popular there...
Old 2009-01-30, 04:36   Link #48
Darknemo2000

I don't finde Mizore that sexy or hot... and that should explain to you - many people like different things - what you find sexy they find plain, what you find plain - they find sexy. Live with it.
Old 2009-01-30, 06:20   Link #49
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Yeah...there's some lolicon in the world i know...but even for lolicons Nagi not that attractive.

I know that there's more sexier looking anime girls but Mizore deffinietly considered sexy by the general view...and she could achieve a tie with Nagi...unthinkable.
(just a short notice: I am a Mizore fan, and i can understand why she considered the sexiest from that bunch...even tough if i voted for my other favourite[partly cuz i thought it's a clear win])
I have not so many problems that there is some ppl who thinks that nagi's character is very sexy(maybe i think their view of world a bit deformed but nothing more) but with that THAT MANY ppl think that. Forget not: she has the first place in tie with Mizore!

The world is drawing closer and closer to Apocalypse... XD :P
Old 2009-01-30, 07:43   Link #50
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Yeah...there's some lolicon in the world i know...but even for lolicons Nagi not that attractive
Are you a lolicon? If not then how do you know what they think to be attractive or not? Just like this mythical 'general view' that can be barely held for an argument, unless you can illustrate this general view by a poll of votes or figurine sells etc. Or else this 'general view' will be just your personal view which is true and false at the same time due to subjectiveness.

Kannagi already have a bunch of doujins steaming and Nagi looks to be most popular girl in there (by the number it gets focused on whom) so definitely doujinshi authors do not agree with your thinking that Nagi is completely unattractive, considering that most of doujins are H based.
Old 2009-01-30, 09:16   Link #51
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

I'm not...but i can live the role of others somehow and that's why i know that she(Nagi) even for lolicons a no-goner...perhaps i can be wrong.
Perhaps they make...it's a matter of popularity! If there's a popular character(not to mention she's female) then they're gonna make a doujin with him/her. But i think seriously twist Nagi's personality there...so that's not nagi just a another character with similar name and similar body to Nagi...

I think the most womanly thing that Nagi have is the motherly nature(mostly when her other personality takes over). But that's not something that attracts men.

I think the art style and nagi's personality(and somewhat her basic looks) makes her unattractive as a women. Perhaps if they're using "classical" style and make some twist on Nagi she can be attractive(as any character if they design that way)...but that's not the case.
Old 2009-01-30, 10:26   Link #52
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
I think the most womanly thing that Nagi have is the motherly nature(mostly when her other personality takes over). But that's not something that attracts men.
Oh, some men are extremely attracted to that.

Old 2009-01-30, 14:22   Link #53
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Yeah...there's some lolicon in the world i know...but even for lolicons Nagi not that attractive.

I know that there's more sexier looking anime girls but Mizore deffinietly considered sexy by the general view...and she could achieve a tie with Nagi...unthinkable.
(just a short notice: I am a Mizore fan, and i can understand why she considered the sexiest from that bunch...even tough if i voted for my other favourite[partly cuz i thought it's a clear win])
I have not so many problems that there is some ppl who thinks that nagi's character is very sexy(maybe i think their view of world a bit deformed but nothing more) but with that THAT MANY ppl think that. Forget not: she has the first place in tie with Mizore!

The world is drawing closer and closer to Apocalypse... XD :P
I'd say stop using words and terms you don't understand because you're using them incorrectly.
Stop assuming your subjective tastes on this subject are somehow more valid than others unless you're intending to look provincial.
There are diverse opinions on beauty and sexiness and many people are able to appreciate more than one kind.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-01-30 at 14:52.
Old 2009-01-30, 16:47   Link #54
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Ok...the discussion already lasted longer than i wanted...
I'm somewhat the fan of Nagi but i can't imagine her as attractive woman because of the art style and personality mostly(an the somewhat childish look).
Perhaps there's other options...just i thinking that she can't be considered the sexiest of the anime girls by THAT many ppl...that's why i'm pissed off a bit.
Old 2009-01-30, 17:40   Link #55
Darknemo2000

Quote:
just i thinking that she can't be considered the sexiest of the anime girls by THAT many ppl...that's why i'm pissed off a bit.
Your point is? Because you don't like her to be topping poll as an attractive girl you say that poll is fake or that those voters are idiots?

Oh wait you say because they mix popularity with sexuality, but if as you are saying her looks and personality/character is so bad, then she would not be so popular to begin with. Being just a comedy character doesnt always work wonders in being popular - looks at SR - Tenma is a main female and mostly comedy character but in terms of popularity she is only 4-6th

You make Nagi sound even worser than Tenma, but how is it that she is so popular then?

Don't you think that her looks and her actual personality that you deem to be so unattractive might have something to do with it?

Just because it is hard to imagine for you does not mean, it is that...

And yeah... the argument "i can live the role of others somehow and that's why i know what they think" is one of the worst arguments I heard in a while.
Old 2009-01-30, 17:55   Link #56
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nagi has an awesome personality... and I really like her design myself and I'm far from a lolicon... Tsugumi's rather run of the mill imo... Sawashiro Miyuki did a great job voicing her though.
Old 2009-01-30, 18:00   Link #57
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Ok..i give up...I've just imagined what would Nagi and the other popular anime girls from the 2008 anime shows look like as real girls...maybe i was somewhat bad because almost all of the anime watchers a little bit "lolicon"(no offense meant...just the most anime girls are in mid-teens...a real girl in the mid-teens rarely considered the sexiest compared to the more mature counterparts).
I think that cute not equal to sexy(the point where many anime fans may think otherwise). Because Nagi surely cute with her expressions(and perhaps funny).

I think we could end this discussion...and i've learned something again...do not start a negative discussion on a fan thread:P...exept if you want a serious bash.XD
Old 2009-01-30, 18:09   Link #58
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It isn't that it is "negative discussion" ... its that you keep using words you don't seem to have looked up. You keep assuming you've got some special lock on what is considered sexy and vaguely insult anyone who thinks differently. Going to fail with those notions every single time because they don't respect the subjectivity of tastes and attitudes.
This is the whole world -- tastes vary.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-01-30 at 18:27.
Old 2009-01-30, 18:36   Link #59
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Considering one of the characters as not sexy is negative discussion...even if it's true and more if it's false. I think the word of sexy means to someone you want intercourse with(perhaps they are anime characters, so it's totaly dumb tought somehow but your body reacts surely even if it's fictional or drawed...if not there would be no H-material in the world). I think Nagi is not a type that falls to that place...
Perhaps i was somewhat wrong with that she is unattractive...attractive can be anyone and perhaps not only in sexual way.

The word of hot means sexy mostly when we use to describe girls/women...that's why i was somewhat freaked out at that poll...

I think we could end that discussion finaly...
By the way i think the best character was(exept Nagi) Akiba...his view as otaku is surely brought some fun for me.
Old 2009-01-31, 15:56   Link #60
hirahira
a duck is fine too

wow, Tsugumi is winning. I expected Nagi to be winning by a lot.

I like all the characters but my favorite is Shino