AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 21 16.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 37.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 29.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 10.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-26, 22:04   Link #61
Avisch
Reality Blender

Yay! They showed Genji's manliness! Don't mess with butlers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
But they're so pretty to look at @_@~

~~~~~

~~
Go take your drug trip somewhere else!

j/k j/k. They are pretty

One crazy B****
Old 2009-08-26, 22:06   Link #62
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
Go take your drug trip somewhere else!

j/k j/k. They are pretty
LAWL blame Golden Witch Drugs
Old 2009-08-26, 23:43   Link #63
bigemperor

Next episode preview
http://i.yimg.jp/images/videocast/sw...30376152436208

WORLDENDOMINATOR IN THE PREVIEW A REALLY AMAZING REMIX, but they also put dread of the grave in episode 7 preview and then they don't use it so i hope they use worldendominator because is just MUST.
Old 2009-08-26, 23:48   Link #64
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
Next episode preview
http://i.yimg.jp/images/videocast/sw...30376152436208

WORLDENDOMINATOR IN THE PREVIEW A REALLY AMAZING REMIX, but they also put dread of the grave in episode 7 preview and then they don't use it so i hope they use worldendominator because is just MUST.
I want this on my MP3 PLAYER!

Anyway, I just finished watching the raw for episode 9. Good episode... another 10 from me...

If they don't start putting the epic BGMs in soon I may think of giving an episode a 9!
Old 2009-08-26, 23:59   Link #65
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I can't even remember where they used WoldEndDominator but I hope where it should be.

That said, as long as DreamEndDischarger is used in the scene it's in I can forgive the lack of epic BGMs for the rest of the series.
Old 2009-08-27, 00:24   Link #66
Xander

It makes sense for the song to be in the episode 10 preview, the game used it in that situation, but I won't be surprised if they leave it for...episode 11 or another time. The remix was inferior to the original, but it's okay.

As for episode 9, other than the studio's ongoing failure to properly transmit emotions after characters have died, it seems to be alright. I'll wait for the dialogue's translation before rating though.
Old 2009-08-27, 02:46   Link #67
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Finished watching the raw. Except for the annoying censorship, I found this ep pretty interesting . I'll wait for the sub.

Spoiler for ep 9:
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2009-08-27, 04:51   Link #68
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

gg went for an early release this time. *dances with Umineko cast*
Oh the anticipation.
Old 2009-08-27, 05:45   Link #69
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow, the last scene in this weeks episode. Talk about epic and completely out of nowhere.
Old 2009-08-27, 05:52   Link #70
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
Basically, when you think of Umineko BGMs, what pops into your mind?
Not Dread of the Grave that's for sure, talk about an overrated track... I'll be more pissed by far if they left out Happiness of Marionette let alone the upcoming "real iconic" tracks.
Old 2009-08-27, 06:23   Link #71
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
I also dislike Dread of the Grave- in my opinion, it's highly unfitting.

Anyway, awesome episode. Probably the best yet, right there with episode 5. Would be getting a perfect 10 if only the characters showed a bit more emotion.

Also, amazing seiyuu work this episode. Claps for them.
Old 2009-08-27, 07:23   Link #72
NeoWorm

First minute was like holding CTRL in VN. Immediately followed by few horribly drawn scenes - the familly standing around Jessicas corpse and the wannabe fish-eye scene (they should learn perspective at least a little bit).
But there were actually few good points. I liked red text spinning around (even that I still think that the red tint to whole scene looks ugly as hell). Kanons fight was much better than in previous episode - short and shocking.
Since they still fail at main points like emotions, atmosphere and drawing I am giving 6. If all episodes was like this one it would be watchable.

Preview looks better than everything seen so far. I am actually looking forward to see it. For the first time since EP 2.
Old 2009-08-27, 07:38   Link #73
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Awesome epi, evil Kanon was reallly good, and Godha and Genji had good time with their manliness
The red words spinning around are good to see and Buttler win over Rosa war pretty good too
I liked this epi, probably the best after the 5
Old 2009-08-27, 08:08   Link #74
NeoWorm

By the way just a quick edit of how I would like red text and metaworld to look like. Done between my two posts, really basic techniques used - it proves how little effort is Deen putting into making this.

Original scene for comparision
Old 2009-08-27, 08:20   Link #75
Kaiba

Quote:
Basically, when you think of Umineko BGMs, what pops into your mind?
Strip, by far (for anime watchers, the song that appears when Battler confronts Beatrice at the end of the first tea party, though it is incomplete.) Nothing comes close, though I like nighteyes quite a bit.
Old 2009-08-27, 08:24   Link #76
bjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWorm View Post
By the way just a quick edit of how I would like red text and metaworld to look like. Done between my two posts, really basic techniques used - it proves how little effort is Deen putting into making this.
So because your idea of how the red text should be done differs from Deen's, they are automatically putting little effort into the Umineko adaptation?

I fail to see how that makes any sense at all. It's almost as bad as saying "my opinion is better than your opinion."
Old 2009-08-27, 08:52   Link #77
NeoWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjw View Post
I fail to see how that makes any sense at all. It's almost as bad as saying "my opinion is better than your opinion."
I didnt meant it that way, sorry. But let me explain - I have some experience with animation and special effects and I used probably the very same technique that studio Deen is using. With difference that I had to cut the text and Battler from background but in studio thay have it on separate layers from begining. It proves that Deen is using technique that is on amateur level. That even I can do the same and from my personal opinion I can do it better.
I used Adobe Photoshop because I was editing only single picture, but the same effects can by used in Adobe After Effects on video. So it doesnt matter that I was editing only a picture and not whole animation. By the way that scene was completely static anyway. I dont know if Deen is using the same software as me - probably no, because they can buy professional one that is made for animation - but if popular software as AAE can use it, why woudnt the profi one?
Old 2009-08-27, 08:56   Link #78
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Well being a first time viewer, I have no clue if I'm supposed to want "Dead of the Grave" in or not.
Anyway, the pacing of the episode felt good, I appreciated how much time they spent at the scene of the crime as well as the meta-world scenes. Red text thing is looking like a very excellent concept and I praise Ryukushi for the idea, dunno if there was any special way it was executed in the VN but I'm digging the whole "OH GOD! THE WORDS! THEY ARE SPINNING!" thing.

It really bothered me how when they found Jessica's body they were didn't seem to have a reaction, except Battler, but that wasn't really anything. Also return of the laser blades :uhoh: yeesh, I'll do my best not let them bother me.

Otherwise this was an excellent episode. Can't wait to see Gohda's FUCK YEAR! Moment next episode.
Old 2009-08-27, 09:30   Link #79
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I'd say that the mood created from the first part of the episode was definitely damp. It's good to see that the facts are there more or less but the lack of proper emotions is killing me. The whole group seemed so "uninterested" that Jessica has died and Kanon is missing minus Rosa, who is hell bent on claiming that the servants are the culprits.

But I did like the way dark Kanon was presented and his sudden change from near dying to psycho maniac. Gohda overpowering Kanon was very nice to see too

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-08-27, 09:58   Link #80
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Okay...i must say i really have no idea what's going on. What's up with all these magical scenes? Where the hell did dark kanon come from...and how come he had the sword too >.>, Was that a fake kanon with jessica? ARhgahd;lsjf How come more than one person can see the sword laser beam thing!?!?

Thought there was supposed to be no magic in this world, how does battler plan to prove that the sw0rd is fake and the fact that kanon just disappears...for the 2nd time lawl

edit:

btw...what's up with the whole spider "as the natural enemy" thing...witches fear spiders? what lawl
Closed Thread