AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-05, 09:57   Link #81
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Funny to see this thread pop up... I've seen up to episode 30 today, so still got alot left to watch. At this point, it's still up in the air whether or not Eichi actually has a romantic interest in her. However, it's not something you would expect considering the age difference. Sure, little girls may have a crush, but teenage guys are generally not interested in them romantically. It's not really healthy if you think about it, but I have to admit I can imagine a certain ending that would make it possible. 22 episodes left before I find out if my thoughts are correct.

I have mixed feelings about Mitsuki, there are times where she annoys me because she's so naive but at other times I can't help but root for her. I suppose you can't blame her though because she's just 12 years old even if it's in a 16 your old body sometimes. One negative point about this anime to me is hearing the same song over and over, I've even plugged my ears a few times cause I was getting sick of it. I can understand if she's actually singing or if it's played on the radio or whatever, but they also put it in randomly, usually near the end of an episode, which makes no sense at all and only annoys me. Well, at least the 2nd song is out at this stage of the anime, so it's ok for now but I wonder how long it will be before I want to jab my eyes out again.

And a final note: was I the only one who hoped that Madoka would fall off a high building or get run over by a bus? Sure, she had some tough breaks and sure showbusiness can be brutal, but her relentless attempts to sabotage and discredit Full Moon were totally over the top and really got under my skin. I was glad it finally blew up in her face, although I still would have preferred a fatal accident. :P Anyway, I suppose it means the way her character was portrayed was excellent, I don't think I ever felt this strongly about an anime 'villain' before.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 11:50   Link #82
Archaic

Finding out a bit more about Madoka in the manga makes you a lot more sympathetic to her. I started watching the anime before I began on the manga, and was quite startled by the difference.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 11:59   Link #83
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
One negative point about this anime to me is hearing the same song over and over, I've even plugged my ears a few times cause I was getting sick of it. I can understand if she's actually singing or if it's played on the radio or whatever, but they also put it in randomly, usually near the end of an episode, which makes no sense at all and only annoys me. Well, at least the 2nd song is out at this stage of the anime, so it's ok for now but I wonder how long it will be before I want to jab my eyes out again.
It's probably one of those things that's brought on given the way you watch it. If you watched it once a week, like the way it was originally broadcast, you probably wouldn't get sick of the songs so quickly and it wouldn't seem so repetitive. However, if you're anything like me when watching an anime series, you probably watch a bunch of episodes at a time; because of that, the repetitiveness becomes really noticable. I know a lot of other shows that have this same problem too, but I've only really noticed it and gotten annoyed with it when I've tended to watch a whole bunch in a row. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you spaced out your watching, it probably wouldn't seem so repetitive... but I know that I don't have the discipline to follow that suggestion myself; I get too caught up in wanting to know what happens next!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 13:06   Link #84
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Good point, and it's true, I lack the patience to space it out. Watched 30 eps in 2 days or so. :P

When you watch it like this you tend to forget a series is normally aired only once a week or so.

Btw. I don't know what's in the manga, but assuming Madoka pulled the same stunts I somehow doubt I could ever feel sympathetic to her. There's no excuse for it imo. A few pranks is one thing, but systematically sabotaging and trying to ruin another's life is unforgivable.
Old 2004-09-05, 13:20   Link #85
Archaic

The Madoka subplot, I think, is fairly important to the manga, so I won't spoil it (Even though I've practically spoilt every other subplot in this thread already. ^^;), but suffice it to say that she turns out to be a...well....a pityable person I suppose you could call her. And she *does* feel guilt for what she did.
Old 2004-09-05, 22:25   Link #86
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
And a final note: was I the only one who hoped that Madoka would fall off a high building or get run over by a bus? Sure, she had some tough breaks and sure showbusiness can be brutal, but her relentless attempts to sabotage and discredit Full Moon were totally over the top and really got under my skin. I was glad it finally blew up in her face, although I still would have preferred a fatal accident. :P Anyway, I suppose it means the way her character was portrayed was excellent, I don't think I ever felt this strongly about an anime 'villain' before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic
The Madoka subplot, I think, is fairly important to the manga, so I won't spoil it (Even though I've practically spoilt every other subplot in this thread already. ^^, but suffice it to say that she turns out to be a...well....a pityable person I suppose you could call her. And she *does* feel guilt for what she did.

The anime seemed to have put more emphasis on the 'evil' Madoka, and thus she gets more screentime. Unfortunately, that did make her character much less likable.

I think they should have at least give some details for Madoka's background, but guess the directors thought otherwise.

oh BTW... maybe it's just me, but does anyone also think that Jonathan's role in the anime was severely diminished? Makes me wonder why they even bothered to hire a VA for the character.

(In the manga Jonathan has a signifficant role, but in the anime he's almost reduced to a clown character.)
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 22:42   Link #87
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Jonathan has a significant role in the manga? now that's some reason for me to find the manga I guess

Yup, after watching the anime I almost forgot that there's this character called Jonathan... he doesn't seem to have any role in any thing except floating around making funny sounds... XD
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 06:01   Link #88
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Some more random thoughts after watching up to episode 46.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-07, 10:20   Link #89
Illumina

In contrary to some of the other people's opinion, i acutally found this anime extremely predictable. After watching a few episode, and each time a new "villian" is introduced, i said to myself "Heh, I bet the villians are all gonna turn good in the end." I also predicted the all happy ending, which i found really annoying, seems a bit too unrealistic.

A prediction i made that didnt come true was that Izumi-kun was acutally Echi-kun after he died, and became a shinigami. That would add another layer to the plot.. but it never happen
Illumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 20:28   Link #90
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Well finished the series now, the ending was fine by me. Sure, it was a bit cheesy since everything is magically fixed at the end but it didn't feel that unrealistic to me. I'm just a sucker for happy endings I guess. At this point, Madoka has redeemed herself in my eyes. Even Izumi didn't feel that 'bad' anymore, so I guess you're right about that Illumina. Funny how Madoka now finds out that Full Moon has a a fatal disease, that was something I thought she might find out about when she followed Ooshige resulting in a pretty bad guilt trip.

I wonder what would have happened if Izumi didn't cover for her when her transformation faded, that might have been interesting. As for what happens after the ending, I can only speculate that in a few years she could continue as Full Moon if she wanted to. Oh, and Meroko made for a very cute angel at the end, much better look than as a Shizigami. ^_^
Old 2004-09-07, 20:54   Link #91
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

I thought FMwS was a fairly mediocre anime with some really good episodes. It was just too cute for me. I really, really love "New Future" and I'm thankful they didn't overplay it like "Myself," which I didn't like in the first place.

It was pretty predictable, and there was a lot of filler, but I thought the ending was great. I called the Eichi twist in the first couple of episodes.

Manga spoiler:
Spoiler:
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 06:37   Link #92
Trax
Rock beats scissors

FMwS may be a bit overrated (#3 on animenfo seems too high), but I thought it was pretty good. Matter of taste I suppose, I can handle cuteness pretty well. Not sure if I will bother watching it again though, so that might lower its rating to me a bit. I didn't think it was that predictable, I really expected some sort of happy end with Eichi. In general the songs are good even if some were overplayed, I liked the last song at the end of the final episode but I'm not sure of the title (anyone know? part of the lyrics are "let's sing a song"). (EDIT: never mind, I found out it's the aforementioned New Future )

Spoiler:

More random thoughts: At some point Wakaouji told Takuto to do a session again someday, I didn't think it that it wasn't going to happen since he was either going to be a ghost or forget everything. Guess I suck at predicting endings. Also, I didn't expect that many songs at the end, I thought she only knew 2 songs at that point. Would've been a pretty lame concert I suppose, so there were a couple more songs all of a sudden. Then again, producing only 2 songs in a year would've been pretty bad (even with Full Moon's obvious "complications").

Last edited by Trax; 2004-09-08 at 07:00.
Old 2004-09-08, 12:16   Link #93
Laiko

Quote:
Some more random thoughts after watching up to episode 46.

Spoiler:
Trax & others:
Spoiler:
Laiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 13:10   Link #94
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I got a question for the manga about Jonathon.

Spoiler for manga suicides:
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 14:08   Link #95
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Spoiler for manga suicides:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-08, 18:38   Link #96
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-08, 21:30   Link #97
DarkPaladin56
Wandering Typesetter

Yeah...I finished the series a little while ago after i saw it near the Top 3 spots in Animenfo...
all i can say is that it is overrated... a hell alot of the episodes bored the crap out of me. like the previous person...it might have been a bit to 'cute'...but the music was nice When i heard eternal snow at the end, i was like in a trance
and the ending was a bit too perfect
DarkPaladin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 04:38   Link #98
GustaveElazul
Gus

~truncated~

Last edited by GustaveElazul; 2013-10-16 at 09:18.
GustaveElazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 20:42   Link #99
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Finally finished watching this today

Awsome show, and what an ending!!! Awsome music through out, though i didnt like Eternal Snow at first, but its grown on me.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 16:11   Link #100
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Spoiler:
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, musical