041 - 050: Below Average... 0 0%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Tortuous... 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-07-29, 13:51   Link #21
Akashin

Weren't Kabuto's coffins introduced this week? If so, we're not... are we?

I haven't kept up with the anime, so I don't really know anything about it. If I accidentally spoiled anything (I don't think I did, did I?), my bad.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 14:08   Link #22
Jerseykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Arm turned white? Maybe it's because I only follow the manga, but I don't recall this at all. For that matter, I've been sort of scratching my head over why any body but the one he's using is his "real body".

If it's not too much trouble, do you mind referring me to the white arm thing?
It was when madara fought torune and fu, the guards of danzo. His arm got injected with insects and he ripped it off and there was all this white stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Why are you guys talking aboutt manga?
Where? and you better make sure before you start accusing people
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 14:24   Link #23
Akashin

I remember what you're talking about. I back tracked to that part of the manga, so while I'm not sure what it looked like in the anime, I see what you mean. I assumed that to be related to Torune's nano bugs, but I could be wrong.
Old 2011-07-29, 15:11   Link #24
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

I thought these episodes were ok. I was thankful that new scenes were created, and it was light on the flashbacks.

Who is in the coffin, oh my? I initially thought it was Madara's brother, but now after reading all the posts here, I'm starting to think it's Madara's real body! Won't that be fun, we'll end up with a Madara vrs Madara fight... that begins to remind me of the current fairy tale arch. But that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, anyone who can get a rise out of Madara is bad ass. Even though kabuto is kind of an annoying character (I mean please, Orochimaru already kicked the bucket in this story; do we really need Orochimaru version 2.0?) I have to give him props for that.

Oh boy, zombie time!
Old 2011-07-29, 18:54   Link #25
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Edo Tensei doesn't summon a corpse, it summons a soul and binds it to a human sacrifice.
If Madara is inside this coffin then Tobi is not who or what it seems.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 22:17   Link #26
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
If Madara is inside this coffin then Tobi is not who or what it seems.
It wouldn't the first time that a mere villain try to take the place of a famous one.

What it is inside that coffin must be a real threat to Tobi's plan. If Tobi isn't Madara, then i would say that the real Madara is inside the coffin. But if Tobi is really Madara, i really don't know... i think that Kishi might surprise us with that.
Old 2011-07-30, 04:47   Link #27
Casshern

The real Madara is the obvious choice for the corpse in the coffin, but I don't see why Tobi would be scared of the truth being revealed. Even if he's not the real Madara, it's not like his war and the eye of the moon plan are any less of a threat just because he's not Madara himself. So why would he be scared of people finding out? Even if everyone learns that he's not Madara, they still can't be sure who he is exactly.

That's the only reason I think it might be someone else. It would be more interesting if it turns out to be someone else anyway. It would mean that the corpse holds another great secret about Tobi. It will probably turn out to be Madara though.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 10:37   Link #28
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
So why would he be scared of people finding out?
Because whatever is inside that coffin is under Kabuto's control!.
Old 2011-07-30, 13:19   Link #29
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

ack, the whole thing is so creepy...creepy no jutsu...ack!
Old 2011-07-30, 14:39   Link #30
Jerseykid

Maybe Madara is splitting his soul like voldemort! *runs*

One for his current "vessel", one for his old body which he thought was lost.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 00:22   Link #31
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ And Kabuto has aaall the snake poison he needs :P
Fun episode, loved the concert scenes, but it's also good to see that the alliance is finally thinking and moving as a team. As for what's in da box, I'll bet 4 cents on Izuna.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 05:25   Link #32
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Because whatever is inside that coffin is under Kabuto's control!.
From the way the scene played out Madara looked more concerned about his secret being revealed, than fighting whoever is in that coffin.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 05:27   Link #33
noktown

Yeah and Maybe the Snake Kabuto is playing the role of "Snape" ?A double agent ?;o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
From the way the scene played out Madara looked more concerned about his secret being revealed, than fighting whoever is in that coffin.
I wouldn't say so,because Kabuto clearly said that : "As you see,you don't really have a choice",if he was only pointing out that he knows his secret i can hardly imagine how it could force Madara to cooperate.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 05:55   Link #34
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I wouldn't say so,because Kabuto clearly said that : "As you see,you don't really have a choice",if he was only pointing out that he knows his secret i can hardly imagine how it could force Madara to cooperate.
That's part of the mystery.

Seriously though, I don't see how it could be somebody that Kabuto could use to in any way force submission on Madara. You know, Big Bad License and all.
Old 2011-07-31, 14:02   Link #35
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Non-manga head view on what's in that coffin...

#1 - The First? (Only dude that could kick his a$$)
#2 - The Real Madara
#3 - Capt. Aizen LMAO...

Maybe Tobi is Tobi^^...

The part where Tobi almost lost his $hit (Even in the end when he looked back petrified at it closing), was very unsettling...

It feels that somewhere along the line Kabuto was probably meant to be or do something else in this story (Still remember his eyes going red in season 1 Naruto that has never been fulfilled)...So I'm having a hard time understanding his motivation unless that's really Orochimaru, or at worst it better be a Kabuchimaru or Orobuto mixed drink ...All this $hit just to pay Sasuke back is lame...Just ask Madara for a Sharigan eyeball if you just wanna learn techniques, as he tends to keep them in easily accessible pickled jars in his raep lab...

Additionally was the Naruto vs. Sasuke OVA-Music video thing that was released a few months ago accurate? Because it had Kabuto and I'm assuming "Madara" in it...Now I feel spoiled if that wasn't just some cool fanfiction...

Additionally and furthermore, the only question that remains: Does Kabuto poop out of his snakeya$$?
Old 2011-07-31, 14:30   Link #36
mrShady

Already summoned and afterwards sealed into the shinigami.

Red eyes? what red eyes can't remember any, what episode number?

Kabuto always was a mystery he was loyal to orochimaru and yet at times he wasn't. It's the only guy who's motives remain uncertain.

And the ova has spoilers yes, that's all I'm going to say.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 15:38   Link #37
Paradox92

Impure resurrection

About that endo tensai(impure resurrection) am sure it revives people when they were at their prime and not when they die cause am sure the 1st hokage was older than that when he died but during sarutobi and oro fight he looked to be in his 20s
Paradox92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 17:13   Link #38
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post

Already summoned and afterwards sealed into the shinigami.

Red eyes? what red eyes can't remember any, what episode number?

Kabuto always was a mystery he was loyal to orochimaru and yet at times he wasn't. It's the only guy who's motives remain uncertain.

And the ova has spoilers yes, that's all I'm going to say.
But he was just a spy for Sasori who became an Orofanboy...That's why I was saying it doesn't appear his character was meant for snakeya$$ status (Yes I'm trying to pimpout the word "snakeya$$", Go with it)...

His eyes turn red when he's attacked leading Naruto and company out of the Chunnin exam's final leg (Don't know the ep#)...It was to suggest he had some kind of unusual power or bloodline limit or something...It seemed too purposeful to be swept aside at the time...Flashforward, unless Oro just took over his mind, it doesn't seem a natural storyarc for Kabuto to be doing all this $hit IMO...For just Sasuke? Did he not get the memo Tobi wants to turn the world into a bad M. Night Shamaylan movie? Kabuto's insertion here just doesn't feel naturally plotted...

Oh, well, that OVA effed me over a bit...
Old 2011-07-31, 17:36   Link #39
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
But he was just a spy for Sasori who became an Orofanboy...That's why I was saying it doesn't appear his character was meant for snakeya$$ status (Yes I'm trying to pimpout the word "snakeya$$", Go with it)...

His eyes turn red when he's attacked leading Naruto and company out of the Chunnin exam's final leg (Don't know the ep#)...It was to suggest he had some kind of unusual power or bloodline limit or something...It seemed too purposeful to be swept aside at the time...Flashforward, unless Oro just took over his mind, it doesn't seem a natural storyarc for Kabuto to be doing all this $hit IMO...For just Sasuke? Did he not get the memo Tobi wants to turn the world into a bad M. Night Shamaylan movie? Kabuto's insertion here just doesn't feel naturally plotted...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the manga had no red eye thing (I have no idea what you're talking about, for example). So calling that significant may be pushing it.

Anyway, my personal take on Kabuto is that there were more serious plans for him, but that they were swept together with the Madara mess and then more or less pushed aside entirely. He's still there doing what he always intended to do, but he's not important, really.
Old 2011-07-31, 19:09   Link #40
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

Remember that he left a trail of bodies that allowed the Konoha team to track him to
his and Madera's meeting place. He's got a hidden agenda, but it's too early to tell
what it is.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion