AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-27, 07:22   Link #8941
Avvesione

Hurray, now that the chapter has been translated, I can finish up my post on it.

Just curious, js06, are you not able to post translations on your mangahelpers page anymore now that you're with Red Hawk Scans? I always enjoyed seeing the translations out that same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
So Shield of Aegis = Imagine Breaker by the look of it.

So Cruz's greatest power is exactly like a copy of a kid with a special right hand that some if many are familiar with...interesting. Can't wait to see what more he can do with this unique ability of his.
I tend to disagree, I think Imai Kami is trying to trick us again, as he's done so many times in the past. I don't believe Shield of Aegis is Cruz's greatest power, especially since we saw him do more with Arclight than what we saw in this chapter. I think by putting this here and now, it'll answer our questions about Cruz's power without getting us to think about what more there could be.

For one, when he defended himself against Arclight, his hands were bound. Also, the Agnishwattas that the Aruka clones were firing at Cruz were resolved by his hand whereas Arclight's flames were blown away. And then that's the issue of Cruz being surrounded by flames and his eyes changing colors. Plus, at that time, he didn't even recall the name of his fragment, let alone even know he was a Needless. There's more to Cruz than just Shield of Aegis.

But yeah, you're right about Shield of Aegis being pretty much the same as Imagine Breaker (being able to neutralize attacks) right now. Then again, this type of shield has been used quite a bit in other anime/manga, especially when it's given to a weak/pacifistic character, so it really isn't too surprising. Then again, we've only seen it like this once, so there's probably more to it than just Imagine Breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
Also I believe Disc is full of shit with her "fragment", she wasn't able figure out Satens fragment but automatically deduced Cruz fragment without seeing more of it.
Yeah, not too sure about Disk's explanation, but I'm glad she was smart enough to use Scan. I was worried they'd simply forget to use it to analyze him like what seems to happen in so many other shows.
Old 2012-05-27, 08:16   Link #8942
Soji

Avvesione@ Agree with what you say. Like we alredy say there is more than Shield of Agies .Is like that Yamada fragment is Missing link lv like Sestuna and the other and he just use /learn one of his skill.Now whatever the other skill are and what role that eyes play we do not know yet. Though one thing it's sure ...it's something really dangerous if AA reaction is something to bo with.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 09:11   Link #8943
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

It's really possible that Yamada can not only defend/nullify an attack, but also reflect it?
It can also be that his fragment is on defensive right now and can change to offense.
But we should wait and see... For all we know Yamada may have more then 1 fragment, not like the Second who had shitload of them, just 2-5.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 09:33   Link #8944
yuzen003

just a thought but Arca said "The right hand and the left hand of God" and the one aspect of Cruz's power that has been revealed is Shield of Aegis. The Aegis is associated with 2 dieties Athena and Zeus. So if Arca was being literal he could have powers associated with either or both of those gods.

On a related note Athena is the goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, just warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill so that might be a clue since Cruz has always been the team strategist.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 15:35   Link #8945
Kvakond

Hi!

I think Shield of Aegis is all there to it. He might use it in different ways but that's it. Remember, every Needless can have one and only one fragment. No exceptions.

With that said, "The right hand and the left hand of God" might refer to another person. It would be cool if Cruz had a different, offensive ability in his right hand, but wouldn't that break the one rule?
Also, if you look at it that way, is it possible that on the ch100 color cover he's not firing an attack with his right hand but receiving one? Pretty much how he did in this chapter with the Agnish Akasha. Look at the way the flame of the "fireball" is laid out on that color image.
Kvakond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 16:12   Link #8946
Soji

Kvakond@ If his power is missing link lv can have more that one skill even if is only one fragment. Also the power we see Yamada use in this ch was without the strange eyes that even AA point out. Wich mean there is more than what we saw in this ch.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 16:16   Link #8947
Homura7

Yamada did more interesting things than just blocking needless attacks.

When he stopped Arca on her tracks.

Or more recently, when with both his arms pinned down he released a burst of energy, blown aways the flames from the strongest fire fragment, destroyed the shackles and the table of operations he was on, and had an eye color change.

There's more to Yamada's fragment than just it being a simple shield. There's tons of things you can do with a Missing Link level fragment.

Last edited by Homura7; 2012-05-27 at 16:30.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 19:20   Link #8948
Xiammes

All missing link level powers are really abstract and simple, but this also allows them to be extremely flexible and can be applied to all fields of combat, only low tier Needless have a one shot power.

Cruz was simply using a part of his power, that's all there is too it. Also I am convinced that he is the one to take down Riru when they clash.
Old 2012-05-27, 19:56   Link #8949
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
All missing link level powers are really abstract and simple, but this also allows them to be extremely flexible and can be applied to all fields of combat, only low tier Needless have a one shot power.

Cruz was simply using a part of his power, that's all there is too it. Also I am convinced that he is the one to take down Riru when they clash.
A fight where they both stare at eachother with outstretched hands for 5 minutes with nothing happening...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 22:44   Link #8950
Xiammes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
A fight where they both stare at eachother with outstretched hands for 5 minutes with nothing happening...
Riru doesn't need to user her hands, but it can be interesting.
Old 2012-05-27, 22:57   Link #8951
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Spoiler for Saving Space:
You do make a valid point. It's like you said it's still early to judge his ability considering we don't know the other uses for it besides negating/blocking. Arca also said the left hand of God so maybe he has an attack ability we don't know about yet. I have a feeling this kid is going to be so S tier when he fully "awakens".
Old 2012-05-27, 23:10   Link #8952
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Riru doesn't need to user her hands, but it can be interesting.
I know, I just thought it would be hilarious to have two or three pages of them just standing and concentrating with the "camera" slowly zooming in until Blade or Eve jump out screaming at them to do something.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 00:25   Link #8953
Xiammes

I imagine if the fight were to happen, Cruz would somehow get separated from the rest and would have to fight her alone. It would leave Cruz figuring out more about his power, and possible a full awakening.

Also anyone find it odd that Cruz and Arca follow more of a Greek/Roman mythological theme, rather then follow a Biblical theme? Cruz means cross in Spanish, could this be hinting towards Crucifixion of one of the Adam Brothers? Or it could have been Cruz that killed the second, and he is actually apart of a long line of anti Needless designed by the resistance, they used his sister as his base for cloning which would explain why he looks so good in girl clothes.
Old 2012-05-28, 06:28   Link #8954
thor94

I hope too, that cruz fragment have other powers. Because at this state, it is a simple replica of imagine breaker (only nullify needless attack his right hand can touch). Little useless for that moment, because same before awake is power he used his body as shield to protect a compagnion.

I want his power can evolve in real shield can blocking all attack (needless, weapons, CQC) in all directions (a shield that protect all people placed in little area, for exemple 3 meters dome).

And mainly, an offensive power, because as mentionned before, his fragment is currently a survival power (something to helping the poor weak cruz to survive easier in that dangerous area is the blackspot)

Last edited by thor94; 2012-05-28 at 13:17.
thor94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 19:28   Link #8955
Avvesione

Late again this month but here's my post for Needless 102:

http://avvesione.wordpress.com/2012/...s-chapter-102/

It's mainly on how I feel about how the manga has done everything these past few chapters which is something I think most of us can relate to. I kinda covered a bit of my last post here but it's better developed and says more of what I want to say on Shield of Aegis.

Hope you enjoy!
Old 2012-05-29, 13:39   Link #8956
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

^Always interesting to see your thoughts on how the series is developing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
I don't believe Shield of Aegis is Cruz's greatest power, especially since we saw him do more with Arclight than what we saw in this chapter. I think by putting this here and now, it'll answer our questions about Cruz's power without getting us to think about what more there could be.

For one, when he defended himself against Arclight, his hands were bound. Also, the Agnishwattas that the Aruka clones were firing at Cruz were resolved by his hand whereas Arclight's flames were blown away. And then that's the issue of Cruz being surrounded by flames and his eyes changing colors. Plus, at that time, he didn't even recall the name of his fragment, let alone even know he was a Needless. There's more to Cruz than just Shield of Aegis.
I've changed my mind about what was going on in ch 100, and I now think the flames surrounding Cruz were actually Arclight's, and Cruz was unconsciously warding them off with his power. (I also think it's possible that Cruz freed himself by deflecting those flames to destroy his shackles.) But basically I agree with what you're saying here. The eyes haven't been explained yet, and they must be important somehow. Also, something else that hasn't been explained is Cruz apparently imitating Arclight's appearance, with his hair hiding his right eye. I no longer have any idea what that means, but you can be sure it means something...
Quote:
Also anyone find it odd that Cruz and Arca follow more of a Greek/Roman mythological theme, rather then follow a Biblical theme?
Actually the name of Arca's power comes from Hindu mythology. Needless borrows from a wide range of sources apart from the Bible. Makes it more interesting IMO, though also a little harder to work out where all the names come from...
Old 2012-05-29, 15:54   Link #8957
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so yeah just got read this.

I CANNOT STOP LAUGHING!

also my lolicon side is pleased

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 10:56   Link #8958
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
The author itself say that the event in Needless 1.5 happen after the current time line and before needless 2. And from what i know AnN (sorry but it's a pain wrote her full name..the Adam girl that is like eve) will be the Mc in needless 2 in blade place( i think).

Also there is a time line bar in this topic that show the whole time line of Needless. (and yes ,was the author itself to do that one).
when i re-read needless i suddenly realize that AnN is using Blade choker(079 A.B) so ...
Spoiler for heavy troll:
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 12:42   Link #8959
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
when i re-read needless i suddenly realize that AnN is using Blade choker(079 A.B) so ...
Spoiler for heavy troll:
That topic has actually been discussed quite a few times already and there's actually a pretty good split of opinions on the issue here. Some people see the connections and assume that's the next logical step, especially if the stuff we're going to learn about the Adam and Eve projects point in that direction. Those against that theory have pointed out that it would be too obvious to go in down that route, especially considering the fact that Needless has been tricky, mysterious, or downright deceitful at times (consider all the questions about fragments and datachips and fighting people and St. Rose), so something as substantial and momentous as that probably wouldn't be that easy. There are other details supporting each side but really, at this point, it's impossible to tell.

Until we get more information on ANn, we can really know for sure what her origin is but it seems to be a byproduct of the Adam Project given the choker and the name "Adam". Beyond that, there isn't enough information or clues or even material to decide either way but it certainly looks like a fun mystery to solve when the time comes.
Old 2012-06-02, 03:59   Link #8960
Xiammes

Thinking back, probably the most overlooked of all Cruz durability feets was him surviving Satens kick, it was strong enough to kick not only Kurumi but Cruz across the room, it even knocked out spear that impaled Kurumi. That kick would have had more force behind it then any of Cruz falls and would have knocked out even the strongest of normal humans. Saten probably knew this too, which only add more to his mystery.

Damn I really hope the next chapters jumps to Saten is doing.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen