AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-03-29, 21:38   Link #721
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Madoka's name is written in katakana.

And about the author, it's always been this way. He would push aside the main plot for around 3/4 part of the novel to cover harem antics and school event and only address the main plot during the remaning 1/4. I think it's more or less the same this time too.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 23:03   Link #722
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Yeah I don't know why. I see all these complains in the anime thread yet none of them check to see how the source material describe those scenes. I feel rather hurt too since they were bashing Ichika so much in there when in fact he wasn't retarded or unmanly (what I don't eve know...). Sure I don't agree with his decisions but his decisions were still logical. Like kuroishinigami said, the two media is to complement one another. LN provides details while the anime provides the other senses.
Why should they? Where did it ever stated that the audience has a responsibility to follow up with the LN to understand what the anime is doing? Do you see people telling others in Gundam/Code Geass/Index threads to go read the LN because the anime did a poor job of explaining things? No.

Not everyone has the luxury or would even bother to check the LN to begin with.

Take LOTR for example, movies like those are made for the general populace because the average person would know nothing about the books at all. However, its the movie's job to at least do a good job of simplifying the story and streamlining it so everyone in general can understand what's happening.

What IS is doing though is a half-ass job of animating the story that its ridiculous. If the audience HAS to go to the original source materials to actually understand what's going on and why this happened in the anime then the anime staff has done a poor job.

You are correct that LN, Mangas, books and movies should complement each other but not to the point that it has to use the other as a crutch. Movies/animes should be streamlined and if an individual wanted to get more in-depth then yes he should read the LN.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 03:11   Link #723
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

yet even the LOTR the movie has the same problem about cutting away a lot of important plot point as other adaptation, and that even with the movie having a big budget to do the adaptation. Anime TV series adaptation on the other hand, only has limited budget and limited screening time for the adaptation, so it's natural for the adaptation to be bad.

And yes, people have over and over again make people to recommend reading the LN because it has such a great way of taking away the important explanation. Code Geass and Gundam on the other hand is anime original instead of adaptation(except Gundam Unicorn that is) so there's no way people would redirect other people to watch an adaptation (LN or manga) in order to look for explanation.

What I don't like in the first place is people comment about how bad the series is and how bad a character is solely based on an adaptation. It's like commenting spider-man is a crappy series or x-men member are so stupid just because of the early adaptation of those superheroes into the big screen are so bad. You're right, they have no obligation to read the LN, but don't judge a series solely from an adaptation.
Old 2011-03-31, 04:12   Link #724
endarion88

well i'm not defending them but not everyone can read japanese

<--- can't read japanese
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 06:03   Link #725
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, I can understand about that. My point is just that it's unfair to bash a series(the whole series mind you, not just the anime) or a character when you haven't look into the original work, and that's the feeling I get when I read all those comment on the episode thread.

Back to the novel topic though, vol 6 chapter 2 is done at B-T for anyone who still cares.
Old 2011-03-31, 10:09   Link #726
larethian

of course people care , just look at the accesses, even if they are repeated ones, it's still in the thousands.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 11:52   Link #727
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hahaha, about hundreds of them might be me refreshing over and over again just for minor edit. Oh well, as long as there are still people who read them I guess.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2011-03-31 at 12:25.
Old 2011-03-31, 12:26   Link #728
endarion88

i was waiting for the full vol 6 translation for read it
Old 2011-03-31, 15:11   Link #729
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

eagerly waiting for for the translation of the LN
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 20:38   Link #730
Shadow_Zero1

I would like someone to start translating volume 4 of the novel, so I can read where the anime ended.
Shadow_Zero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 20:51   Link #731
cyberdemon

did Ichika actually go in to try and kiss Houki in the manga or is that just an anime thing?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 00:36   Link #732
Javiersansano

I think you are talking about tghe difference between Light Novel and anime. And my guess is that it never happened in the original story, but the anime needed a "harem ending". Also, is it just me, or the anime left out the Silver Gospel pilot, Natasha Fairs, kissing Ichika's cheek as a reward for the help, angering the entire harem?

anyway, if someone who knows could tell me, what were the differences between the anime and the LN, particularly the last episode (of the season, and not the entire anime, hopefully)
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 03:47   Link #733
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Haven't watch ep 12 yet. I'll update after I watch it, but in vol 3, Ichika and Houki do have such a good moment before the other harem break them up. It's not explicitly said that Ichika move in to kiss Houki, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does it unconsciously under the situation.
Old 2011-04-01, 05:11   Link #734
Throne Zwei
Londo Bell Taskforce

@kuro's last couple of posts.

THANK YOU! Someone understands that most anime adaptations aren't always going to be "the best" or cater to whiners who complain about "this sucks and that sucks". I don't understand why these "anime fans" always complain about this while at the same time claim to have watched tons of shows. If this is the case then they should have already picked up on this pattern.

I think the biggest but dumbest complaint most people have about IS was "it's just a stupid generic harem show." Hello... there were tons of shows that have done this before IS, why is this show suddenly getting so much crap? Besides at the time, IS hasn't even aired yet... Also to my pain and annoyance, you have the big shots who think they know everything about the show's merits, and pretty much force their opinion onto others that each new episode is crap. Yes I don't think every episode is the best nor did I ever expect it to but coming into each new episode with such demanding expectations in my opinion is just naive and stupid. Even going into it hating it straight from the get go is very ignorant, closed minded, and stupid which then is unfair to the show.

I also agree it's unfair to judge a show based off an original work without even looking up that original source. Again, most 12 episode shows made off of an ongoing manga or LN, or even a VN, they don't end in a 10 rating and most if not all can't because of the given number of episodes and the amount of content that had to be cut to fit those 12 eps. It really bugs me how fans demand so much and be ungrateful just because they're not getting what they want. IS as it is, I think it ended just fine, and as expected it wasn't the best of endings but it also gives me hope for a second season.

I think that those who refuse to look into original material and solely judge a series only from anime form don't deserve any credit. I can name an annoyance on the episode discussions but I will refrain from that. Sorry for my rant.

To keep this post somewhat on topic, I definitely enjoyed the translations of the LNs even though whatever is translated right now is out of order but hey, I'm cool with that. Great job kuro and thanks for your work on these!
Old 2011-04-01, 06:01   Link #735
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
I think you are talking about tghe difference between Light Novel and anime. And my guess is that it never happened in the original story, but the anime needed a "harem ending". Also, is it just me, or the anime left out the Silver Gospel pilot, Natasha Fairs, kissing Ichika's cheek as a reward for the help, angering the entire harem?

anyway, if someone who knows could tell me, what were the differences between the anime and the LN, particularly the last episode (of the season, and not the entire anime, hopefully)
^_^ well animes always tend to put their own twist in stuff^_6 i think thats a o ok . and after reading post small summaries of the novel on this topic. by a very nice person who does hard work translating them thanks for the hard work ^^ you know who u are

yeah i think your pretty much right. it was natasha who kiss him but this version they change it up^^ which is nice. =D

anime version of course^_^
so they hinted that the i.s ichika touch . has move on its own before hm..was that part in the novel i wonder .hm.

also the white hair girl? was that his i.s talking to him or is that someone from the novel? =D and also i guess the black hair one is his sister^_^ i am jsut wondering who the white hair hat girl is?

they pretty much had the bunny girl doing the attacks where in the novel it was the group. i guess this way of the anime version. would pretty much give it a ending./ so they wont need to make more. unless they will^_^ who knoes

oh didnt the new novel come out? anyone read it . how was it =D
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 06:16   Link #736
endarion88

so ichika try to kiss houki in the LN too or is just the anime ending? i dont get it
Old 2011-04-01, 06:18   Link #737
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by neowind View Post
^_^ well animes always tend to put their own twist in stuff^_6 i think thats a o ok . and after reading post small summaries of the novel on this topic. by a very nice person who does hard work translating them thanks for the hard work ^^ you know who u are

yeah i think your pretty much right. it was natasha who kiss him but this version they change it up^^ which is nice. =D

anime version of course^_^
so they hinted that the i.s ichika touch . has move on its own before hm..was that part in the novel i wonder .hm.

also the white hair girl? was that his i.s talking to him or is that someone from the novel? =D and also i guess the black hair one is his sister^_^ i am jsut wondering who the white hair hat girl is?

they pretty much had the bunny girl doing the attacks where in the novel it was the group. i guess this way of the anime version. would pretty much give it a ending./ so they wont need to make more. unless they will^_^ who knoes

oh didnt the new novel come out? anyone read it . how was it =D
Both girls are the conciousness of Byakushiki.
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 08:22   Link #738
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
so ichika try to kiss houki in the LN too or is just the anime ending? i dont get it
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Haven't watch ep 12 yet. I'll update after I watch it, but in vol 3, Ichika and Houki do have such a good moment before the other harem break them up. It's not explicitly said that Ichika move in to kiss Houki, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does it unconsciously under the situation.
I'll quote it for you just so you can read again.

About the new novel, it will come out on 8th April if they don't change the schedule. Will probably have to wait around 1 month before getting my hand of it. After I finish reading it, might give a short summary here.
Old 2011-04-01, 15:06   Link #739
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Both girls are the conciousness of Byakushiki.
ah cool. yeah i was just reading one of the another topics. yeah i pretty much though so. =D

white hair and the sister version.
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 15:46   Link #740
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I'll quote it for you just so you can read again.

About the new novel, it will come out on 8th April if they don't change the schedule. Will probably have to wait around 1 month before getting my hand of it. After I finish reading it, might give a short summary here.
Well he most defintely got a hard-on when he saw her. I mean so far the only people that have caused him to blush were Houki and his older sister.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen