AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 32 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 10.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 15.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 19.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 10.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 6.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 8.33%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-04, 02:32   Link #141
neowind

well animes always tend to go with its own way and their wasn't really any houki ending sure she was like i am a girl first but i think it was the anime crew just gave it that typical ending like other harem animes^^

? though in the ln something else happen?
Old 2011-04-04, 19:22   Link #142
Miraluka
Banned

Houki's development feels like being dragged out from the void after being on a void various episodes.
Charlotte even has even more screen time, nice girl, I think.

Glad to see I'm not the only who thought Ichika/IS scene was very Bleach .
Old 2011-04-04, 21:48   Link #143
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Was quite bored throughout the first half of the episode but perked up after they went back to the relationships of the girls

Also Tabane is immense.
Old 2011-04-04, 21:55   Link #144
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Houki's development feels like being dragged out from the void after being on a void various episodes.
Charlotte even has even more screen time, nice girl, I think.

Glad to see I'm not the only who thought Ichika/IS scene was very Bleach .
yeah Charlotte had so much screen time more main moments and so on. LOL =D but i knew it when i saw houki i was like ah there going to do that best friend thing and then the girls will pop out. boom! they pop out. but i think it play like in ln too anyway i guess no season 2
Old 2011-04-05, 00:25   Link #145
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

that god this show is over. at least he carried Houki away at the end. proof that he's not gay, which there was a severely strong argument for leading up to this ep. i was literally yelling at my computer, "ARE YOU SERIOUSLY NOT GAY?!" towards the end while they were on the rocks together. at least my initial ship won.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-04-05, 03:43   Link #146
n120cky

hmm the ending feel like so Houki, but I think that's fine she 1st childhood friend after all, and Ichika also only show his care for Houki and Chifuyu.

Hmm now this series comes to end, with this much loveable character it make me surprise there is no favorite character poll .
Old 2011-04-05, 21:43   Link #147
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
The series is wide open for another season, so any conclusions in the harem is doubtful at best. Houki is your typical Naru female character, so naturally she's going to win in the end. If they do another season they will just have the relationship (if there is one) get rocky and allow the other girls to have fun with him until the end of THAT season, where Houki will beat them out in the clutch.

Obvious plot is obvious.
Old 2011-04-06, 14:47   Link #148
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
not bad not bad.....not my favourite anime..but it's ok.

And i like Houki more the the other.
Old 2011-04-06, 23:23   Link #149
Asuras
Dictadere~!

So...
What did I just watch?
Old 2011-04-06, 23:41   Link #150
dragon132004

The first Blu-ray volume of IS sold 22,000 copies rounded to the top Oricon`s overall sales chart for the March. It has become the sixth television anime with the first volume reaching #1 overall, after Macross Frontier, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2, K-ON!, Bakemonogatari, and Angel Beats!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...p-weekly-chart
Old 2011-04-07, 05:55   Link #151
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post
The first Blu-ray volume of IS sold 22,000 copies rounded to the top Oricon`s overall sales chart for the March. It has become the sixth television anime with the first volume reaching #1 overall, after Macross Frontier, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2, K-ON!, Bakemonogatari, and Angel Beats!
SERIOUS?
Old 2011-04-07, 07:13   Link #152
HuNGaricum

Quote:
oh gawd... srsly? so IS is among the BigDogs?
well, good news gentlemen... it's just getting better and better... will it inspire companies to make more and more?

rise and shine, my darling... rise 'n' shine...
Old 2011-04-07, 08:02   Link #153
Evil_Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuNGaricum View Post
oh gawd... srsly? so IS is among the BigDogs?
well, good news gentlemen... it's just getting better and better... will it inspire companies to make more and more?

rise and shine, my darling... rise 'n' shine...

BigDogs?

Code Geass????

mmmmh i know that time change...but...DAMN.

I'm used to good quality anime/manga reach the top....not ultracommercial ones.
Old 2011-04-07, 08:17   Link #154
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Sephiroth View Post
BigDogs?

Code Geass????

mmmmh i know that time change...but...DAMN.

I'm used to good quality anime/manga reach the top....not ultracommercial ones.
Hmm.. Indeed times change but I like Infinite Stratos and come on let's be fair here... It's done by 8bit which is a very young new company got established in 2008 only and you know, the first major work that 8Bit got to do on its own was this show IS: Infinite Stratos. So we ought to give them the credit that they deserve for making such a show with such good quality.

And not only it's BD/DVD releases are rocking up but the Other Infinite Stratos goods as well, you can check the other threads in this forum too.
Old 2011-04-07, 08:31   Link #155
Evil_Sephiroth

Quote:
Hmm.. Indeed times change but I like Infinite Stratos and come on let's be fair here... It's done by 8bit which is a very young new company got established in 2008 only and you know, the first major work that 8Bit got to do on its own was this show IS: Infinite Stratos. So we ought to give them the credit that they deserve for making such a show with such good quality.

And not only it's BD/DVD releases are rocking up but the Other Infinite Stratos goods as well, you can check the other threads in this forum too.
okok...sorry i mean a different thing.

I like IS

I'm a little shocked about the top selling manga/anime...

I read Code Geass and others...but....IMHO this products don't have a good quality......

I'm happy if a work like Spice and wolf sell a lot.....same for Gunslinger girl and ecc.

But Code geass.......... -_-
Old 2011-04-07, 08:41   Link #156
Viperflame

does anyone think Setsura is based on Destiny Gundam's arm?
the Palm Beam Cannon and Beam Shield

and the more i look at it, Byaku Shiki is more of Destiny Gundam minus the ranged weapons (including Beam Boomerang)

Last edited by Viperflame; 2011-04-07 at 08:53.
Old 2011-04-07, 09:13   Link #157
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Dissapointing ending to the series, well the fights were well animated and smooth, but the ending was rather typical of a harem series. i hoped that perhaps they will not follow the norm and do something different, guess wishes don't always come true
Old 2011-04-07, 22:03   Link #158
kyosak
poo

fitting terrible ending to a terrible series
thanks for my weekly fix of unintentional comedy
goodbye, you won't be remembered
Old 2011-04-08, 20:29   Link #159
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The books get better in the 2nd half... Let's hope 8bit keeps it up. Just give us season 2 with 26 episodes and 13 more of original content! Even JC Staff managed to pull it off with Railgun which was almost entirely anime original!
Old 2011-04-10, 21:42   Link #160
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Am I the only one who thought the drone was terribly overpowered in this episode? It was understandable for Ichika and Houki to lose against it in the previous episode because they were only 2 of them and they were in conflict with each other. Here even though a total of 5 top IS pilots were fighting it with teamwork, it was still holding up on its own. My suspension of disbelief was totally shattered when it rose from the sea in full super-powah angel mode. It was way too obviously a convoluted device for Ichika to join the fight and turn the tides around, just to appear as an 'awesome' dude. Sure, the animation was more than serviceable, but I couldn't be absorbed into the action anymore after seeing the drone inexplicably ramp up so much in power levels between episodes.

And LOL harem antics and back to the status quo as always at the end. This 'romantic plot' formula can continue to be milked out for 200 episodes if the author wanted.
Closed Thread

Tags
final episode thread