AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-05-17, 15:45   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Light Novel - New Testament Volume 7

This is a thread to discuss the To Aru Majutsu no Index Light Novel New Testament Volume 7.

Please stay on-topic and discuss what happens in this volume.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or novel illustrations
  • No posting translations of the novels themselves
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-17 at 18:30.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 16:15   Link #2
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Finally! Been so eager to talk about this. An intense volume so far

Seria's way of fighting is pretty astounding, I was hoping for her to win actually but she still did great since he had to resort to using magic, which was out of her scope of knowledge

Tsuchimikado caught an ass whooping, wow
And I just have to say this
I am not use to Touma crying, this was unexpected

It was said before that Touma was angry but he's actually emotionally destroyed right now
, holy crap

Agitate Halation, Kamachi is making it to be a really big thing, and from what I've seen from it...it totally is..
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 16:34   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Behind the Line 2 is out; which is pretty much the evil villain twirling their mustache and praising their brilliance.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 18:30   Link #4
Rovert10

Emotions are certainly running at their peak.

Come to think of it, how often is it that someone Touma knows has actually died?
The only ones I can think of is Misaka 10031 and Terra of the Left.
Terra was an enemy and Misaka I guess continues to live on in the memories of the other clones.
But this is the first that someone pretty close to Touma has actually died to my memory.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 19:06   Link #5
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Emotions are certainly running at their peak.

Come to think of it, how often is it that someone Touma knows has actually died?
The only ones I can think of is Misaka 10031 and Terra of the Left.
Terra was an enemy and Misaka I guess continues to live on in the memories of the other clones.
But this is the first that someone pretty close to Touma has actually died to my memory.
Remember, Maika hasn't actually died. Tsuchimikado just faked it
but he still felt like he killed her because he had to do such a thing
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 19:07   Link #6
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Remember, Maika hasn't actually died. Tsuchimikado just faked it
but he still felt like he killed her because he had to do such a thing
As far as Touma knows, he believes Maika is actually dead.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 20:41   Link #7
Flere821
Lurker

After reading what BT has, the earlier spoilers was wrong; Touma beat up Tsuchimikado, not the other way around >.>
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 20:48   Link #8
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That means that future can be changed ! We are not slaves to our fate!
Old 2013-05-17, 22:14   Link #9
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

That chapter was amazing, especially the second half. Emotions ran on a fever pitch, the absurdity was rising and I loved it. You could just feel the pain as Touma kept punching Tsuchimikado.

On another note, Seria just jumped up on my list of favorite Raildex-verse females. Just those two parts really did a great job of showing how awesome that woman is. :P
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 22:21   Link #10
whitecloud

did touma meet seria on the way up, or did she bail out before touma come?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 22:22   Link #11
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
did touma meet seria on the way up, or did she bail out before touma come?
I'm assuming she bailed before he came up considering Touma has a thing for saving everyone who he sets his eyes on. I doubt that Seria would be an exception.
Old 2013-05-17, 22:24   Link #12
Daft

Wondering if Touma called an ambulance or something for Seria as he came by like he did after Accelerator stomped Awaki. If Touma has decided to go after Yakumi Hisaka is this the first time he's really got involved in the darkness of AC bar the superficial involvement he had in the Accelerator fight?
Daft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 22:34   Link #13
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Finally! So yeah, things got pretty intense in every possible way, and I certainly didn't expect those twists at the end, even with spoilers. And as expected of the eldest half of the Kumokawa pair, Seria is awesome, though shares her sister's weakness against magic (which was another awesome moment).

But man, poor Touma. I always looked forward to another bout between those two but not like this. Whatever happens from now on, I really hope things don't end with him getting the usual treatment by Index because of the garden fiasco, that would be really unfair.

So, time for ITEM and that dude who is occasionally seen with them, I guess. Let's see just how high Fremea rates in the over-powered loli department.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 22:34   Link #14
aichara

Touma crying is very hard for me to digest it.
he never cried before.

I'm speechless.
aichara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 22:46   Link #15
Flames

I like the Kumokawa Seria fight. It shows Tsuchimikado can be easily defeated by Normal people who know how to use there head to win. Although she lost it was only because she didn't know about his magic side ability so that's understandably. I'm confused on if Tsuchimikado let Touma beat him or if he was seriously trying to beat him. Since the text was saying Tsuchimikado was just moving his body but with no emotion really behind it and that wasn't using his dangerous spy techniques.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 22:50   Link #16
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

He just scaled 50 floors with two gunshot wounds and exploded blood vessels.

I think he mght be a little tired >_>
Old 2013-05-17, 22:50   Link #17
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames View Post
I like the Kumokawa Seria fight. It shows Tsuchimikado can be easily defeated by Normal people who know how to use there head to win. Although she lost it was only because she didn't know about his magic side ability so that's understandably. I'm confused on if Tsuchimikado let Touma beat him or if he was seriously trying to beat him. Since the text was saying Tsuchimikado was just moving his body but with no emotion really behind it and that wasn't using his dangerous spy techniques.
He was emotionally broken at that point. He had completely lost the will to move forward or even take action. That was why he seemed different from when he fought Touma in Volume 4.
Old 2013-05-17, 22:52   Link #18
blackwhite67
Banned

Chapter 3 has started.

Quote:
Hypothesized Catastrophe 034. Concerning Damages Caused by the Sudden and Coincidental Appearance of Heroes and a Countermeasure against Them Using a Likely Level 0.
From the very title, the document was written to be as difficult to understand as possible. This was not a report written for that old man. He may have taken the documents from somewhere else.
Kamijou skipped over the detailed numbers and graphs and absorbed the information from just the parts he could understand. It was as if he was running through the document with a highlighter.
Uncertain elements referring to themselves as heroes pose a threat to the development of the advanced technology that lies at the core of Academy City. Locating a certain weak individual can solve this problem. It has been statistically proven that an immature girl is most likely to fill the role.
This individual shall be henceforth referred to as the protection target.
This project aims to artificially create a protection target so that the unpredictable heroes will swiftly eliminate each other with a minimum of sacrifices.
Killing a hero with standard means is difficult. They possess a unique ability to suddenly reverse situations where they have an overwhelming disadvantage. However, that ability cannot help them in a conflict between two heroes.
The elevator descended quickly and surprisingly quietly.
Even the sound of Kamijou flipping through the pages sounded loud in the silent space.
This is not simply a plan to send the heroes against each other to eliminate themselves.
The energy caused by their collision will not always be cleanly cancelled out. It is possible it will instead influence yet another hero.
This can be visualized like a game of billiards.
If the countless heroes are the balls, then the protection target is the cue that strikes the balls. The initial strike can lead to a happy ending, but it can also lead to unavoidable self-destruction.
Several complex equations followed.
Kamijou could not even understand what field of science or mathematics they were based in.
This almost feels as though Kamachi broke the fourth wall.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 22:56   Link #19
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
He was emotionally broken at that point. He had completely lost the will to move forward or even take action. That was why he seemed different from when he fought Touma in Volume 4.
Why did he lose the will to move forward when he was saying to the board of director guy and then Touma that he will keep moving forward. Unless what he was saying was a bunch of hot air to throw off Touma which I don't think he would do since the situation is serious to him. He could of had won. Yeah he may of have felt bad about whopping Touma butt afterward but ain't like he hasn't beaten up Touma before.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 22:59   Link #20
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames View Post
Why did he lose the will to move forward when he was saying to the board of director guy and then Touma that he will keep moving forward. Unless what he was saying was a bunch of hot air to throw off Touma which I don't think he would do since the situation is serious to him. He could of had won. Yeah he may of have felt bad about whopping Touma butt afterward but ain't like he hasn't beaten up Touma before.
It's call reaching one's limit.

That tends to happen when you push yourself for prolong periods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
This almost feels as though Kamachi broke the fourth wall.
What kind of scientist officially refers to them as 'heroes' ?!?!