Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-07-15, 11:13   Link #11581
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Actually it would be a problem. He mentioned last time he did three chapters in a week that it was a big stress on everyone, including his editor and assistants. This time he was working on this since January, presumably to reduce the stress on everyone.
this is the funny part, while was stress for the ones around him, for him looks like no problem, otherwise if was for himself indeed he can keep doing this for more weeks the problem are the peoples around him, or him can just increase the amount of pages from 18 to 54 pages(18x3) :P, to make his assistants goes wild.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 15:36   Link #11582
csuree
The Most Hated™

I find it interesting how Mavis is a child as ghost and she was a child 100+ years ago too.

did she die early? or is she not human? (never saw her ears) or she might be like zeref or acnologia...immortal? or is she a dragon in human form?
Old 2013-07-15, 18:58   Link #11583
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
I find it interesting how Mavis is a child as ghost and she was a child 100+ years ago too.

did she die early? or is she not human? (never saw her ears) or she might be like zeref or acnologia...immortal? or is she a dragon in human form?
I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be a fairy. She's called the Fairy Tactician and the name of her powers have Fairy in them.
Old 2013-07-16, 02:54   Link #11584
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I guess it won't be a problem for him to release 3 chapters worth of FT every week. But of course his managers would have problems with that oooh the manga business
Mashima is like Eiji from Bakuman, drawing is like breathing
Quote:

I think she just died young, most likely in order to save the world 400 years ago...might have something to do with lumen histoire as well.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 07:46   Link #11585
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
this is the funny part, while was stress for the ones around him, for him looks like no problem, otherwise if was for himself indeed he can keep doing this for more weeks the problem are the peoples around him, or him can just increase the amount of pages from 18 to 54 pages(18x3) :P, to make his assistants goes wild.
That's right! Oh if everyone around Mashima was like Mashima. But it's also probably because extra pages on a magazine would cost more to print, so the magazine editors would have to increase the selling prize of the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I think she just died young, most likely in order to save the world 400 years ago...might have something to do with lumen histoire as well.
Oooor... she could have died old and fulfilled, and she just wanted to be in child form as a ghost. Well, I've always thought of it that way.
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 08:38   Link #11586
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

He's always improving his art (a true artist). I mean, look at how much of a jump his first few chapters of Rave looked vs the end of Rave and to Fairy Tail. You can almost see his art improving about every 15-20 chapters.
Old 2013-07-16, 09:08   Link #11587
Eragon
Still Alive

I ship Erza/Kagura for life now

Well, the consequences of the time travel magic were handled pretty well, I suppose. The rest of the finale was quite Fairy Tail like. And, can I take Mavis home now?

New Arc has kicked off on an interesting note. I'm glad that the Saints are not the Majin Buus of Fairy Tail - at least for the time being
Old 2013-07-16, 09:55   Link #11588
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I hunt the Erza/Jellal ships like a U-boat...XD Almost anyone and everyone BUT Jellal gets my vote so I'll take the Erza/Kagura one too
Old 2013-07-16, 23:57   Link #11589
bones

I think this arc about the frozen giants and the eternal flame is a way to bring Ultear back. When I think about an eternal flame, it reminds me of immortality and I wonder if that flame would be able to restore Ultear back to what she was before.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 00:22   Link #11590
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
I think this arc about the frozen giants and the eternal flame is a way to bring Ultear back. When I think about an eternal flame, it reminds me of immortality and I wonder if that flame would be able to restore Ultear back to what she was before.
Highly doubt it, Ultear's character arc is over and done. Besides, it would be incredibly bad writing to have that "emotional" chapter about her and how she grew old in exchange for saving everyone but found peace in it and then...suddenly she's back to normal like nothing happen.

The Ultear we know is gone folks...deal with it.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 00:49   Link #11591
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Highly doubt it, Ultear's character arc is over and done. Besides, it would be incredibly bad writing to have that "emotional" chapter about her and how she grew old in exchange for saving everyone but found peace in it and then...suddenly she's back to normal like nothing happen.

The Ultear we know is gone folks...deal with it.
It would be bad writing if any of the people that Ultear knows were to attempt it but there's one person who we know nothing about and that's her father. I mean you really don't find the frozen giants and an eternal flame sugggestive of that at all? Besides, it doesn't have to be a successful attempt.
Old 2013-07-17, 11:07   Link #11592
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
It would be bad writing if any of the people that Ultear knows were to attempt it but there's one person who we know nothing about and that's her father. I mean you really don't find the frozen giants and an eternal flame sugggestive of that at all? Besides, it doesn't have to be a successful attempt.
The only possible clue-in to that isn't that there's ice and fire involved, but rather that the magic Gray senses reminds him of someone else's magic.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 11:26   Link #11593
bones

Well, there's also the fact that the frozen giant reminds Gray of Deliora which leads him to Ul and then to Ultear and then's the Moon Drip. Pretty much the whole chapter was clubbing you over the head with references to Ul and Ultear. Oh yeah, there's also Minerva, Ultear's successor to the title of Evil Bitch Number One.

I get that Ultear had a great ending with lots of character development but I want to see how Gray would react if he found out that there's way to reverse the effects of the magic she used. Would he do it despite her wishes or he would refuse and oppose any attempts to do so? It would really be great character development for Grey which would be better than seeing him moping around like he's been doing the past few chapters.
Old 2013-07-18, 12:51   Link #11594
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I think it could be interesting. For instance if Grey used the flame + the seven years he gained on the island, the combination aging Grey 7 years and reverting Ultear's time to her young girl state before she was converted to evil. This would put Grey in a position to raise her to be an Ice mage and teach her while at the same time allow Ultear to have a normal life, well as normal as it gets for a fairy tail mage. She would have to deal with her mothers ... waterafying? and accept Grey as her brother... of course Leon would be there trying to steal her every other day.

The presence of the Dark Guild being there also sets the stage for Crime Sorciere to show up.

Of course none of this will happen but I think it could make for an interesting story, an older grey raising a younger Ultear, much like how Ul raised him. Even if Grey stays the same age I think it could still be interesting, I just think it would be more interesting with a little self sacrifice.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 22:00   Link #11595
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Here's to hoping Natsu doesn't eat the eternal fire like a cookie. I do like that idea from Panda. A sibling relationship that was denied the first time, being restored. Ul would be happy.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 23:57   Link #11596
II Maestro

344 is out.

The treasure hunter are actually pretty good. Well don't know how long they can last against FT who won the grand magic games and survived the dragons rampage.

Erza on the other hand turned into a child after climbing the mountain.
Old 2013-07-18, 23:59   Link #11597
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

.... I don't know, I don't think my body could handle Ultear calling anyone 'Oniichan' or 'Oniisan' #_#

EDIT:

Oh dayum~! Chibi Erza... too cute.
Old 2013-07-19, 00:34   Link #11598
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

loli Erza..... my heart is not ready...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 00:34   Link #11599
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Now all we need is someone to drag Ultear there and the circle will be complete >.<
And i'd probably faint the very second a loli Ultear called someone Onii~sama!
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 00:37   Link #11600
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, the plot thickens...The treasure hunters sure hold on to some nice toys, with enough skill to handle them. They're not as strong as FT (obviously) but probably strong enough to put a wrench in the plans of succubus eye.

Mini-Erza has no armor that fits her, is she out of the game for this arc?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen