AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-03, 03:56   Link #241
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
We have the frist two episode titles (Spring Time, Lonely Girl) because they announced here: http://db2013fes.dengeki.com/theater/index.html that they will show the first two episodes of Golden Time and Strike the Blood to celebrate them getting an anime at this venue: http://www.udx-gallery-theater-confe...p/column5.html
As noted above, you can notice a distinct correspondence between these episode titles and the events of the first and second chapters of volume 1. Whether episode 2 bleeds over into chapter 3, who knows? Quite a lot happens in that chapter, and it will probably warrant a full episode itself.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 13:36   Link #242
amrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I guess it depends on whether J.C. Staff wants to Sakurasou it or Toradora! it... or something like that .

It also probably depends on how much Takemiya's planned out the novels, how many novels the series is going to end up being, and how much she's helped J.C. Staff with the creative process.

In your opinion amrul, is volume five a good enough stopping point for a "first season?"
I've only finished half of them so far. IMO, it looks like it's still quite far from over (at least 'till the last part that I have read). Besides, if the show runs for 24 episodes, that will be inadequate, unless they improvise (adding filler into the story).
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 16:25   Link #243
csuree
The Most Hated™

ahaha... just watched the first episode......overjoyed....

It was interesting to meet Oka Chinami right at the start.....I remember that it should have been Mr. 2D. maybe I'm wrong.

I also saw some discrepancies compared to the light novel, but well, it is an adaptation after all.

on a side note: I love the voice acting and the soundtrack....it really reflects the spirit of the story...Light and warm.
gonna visit the anime thread :P
Old 2013-10-03, 16:40   Link #244
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
It was interesting to meet Oka Chinami right at the start.....I remember that it should have been Mr. 2D. maybe I'm wrong.
Meeting Oka Chinami right after the orientation, in fact in the orientation hall, was indeed one of the changes from the books. In the books we do meet 2D first, in chapter two, and we don't meet Chinami until chapter 4.

Apart from those changes, Linda is more prominent at this point of the anime, compared to the books. She's visible and important earlier in the manga too.

In fact, you could say they did the first encounter with Linda better than the first encounter with Kouko . . . insofar as the impact on Banri is concerned.

Hearing the various names in real Japanese was a slight jolt. After all, I've been working with these characters for over three years, with only my own voice to listen to . . . and that more influenced by English and Spanish than by native Japanese.
Old 2013-10-03, 17:44   Link #245
csuree
The Most Hated™

well it was expected.....everything sounds different in native japanese... than our mixed jumbled language

also the accent on Banri meeting Linda was stroger because Kouko has the opening and ending all for herself......I think this is how u can equal it out :P
Old 2013-10-03, 17:55   Link #246
rpapo

Quote:
well it was expected.....everything sounds different in native japanese... than our mixed jumbled language

also the accent on Banri meeting Linda was stroger because Kouko has the opening and ending all for herself......I think this is how u can equal it out :P
Those opening credits all but declared to the world that it will be Banri + Kouko in the end. But who knows? They might pull a Toradora and change both the opening and the closing credits for the second season.
Old 2013-10-03, 18:36   Link #247
csuree
The Most Hated™

what.. this is new.....second season?.. u mean it will be 24 episode?
well Banri + Kouko is quite lasting 2++ volumes.....so... I think Linda is a side character type....who has a major role in the development of the MC. Also these things kinda stay the same...
from volume 1 we knew Kouko will be the chosen one... and she will only be left out if something very BIG or tragic happens.
in my opinion....
Old 2013-10-03, 18:43   Link #248
finalfury
Incognito

my guess is that the anime will go up to volume 6. Or they may rush it like Toradora. Any idea of how many volumes will be adapted?
Old 2013-10-03, 23:20   Link #249
l.kostas

Quote:
well Banri + Kouko is quite lasting 2++ volumes.....so... I think Linda is a side character type....who has a major role in the development of the MC. Also these things kinda stay the same...
from volume 1 we knew Kouko will be the chosen one... and she will only be left out if something very BIG or tragic happens.
in my opinion....
Second cour. 8 DVD/BDs were already announced 3 episodes each, which means 24 episodes. If it adapts just the volumes already published, he might be with Kouko but there are some things between Banri and Linda that seem unresolved and might be getting in the middle. The description of light novel volume 7 says that an unexpected situation will happen. Can the anime stop there?
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 23:25   Link #250
cloud04
Scanlator

they would probably end up w/ the latest vol or so for this although keep in mind this is gonna skip alot
Old 2013-10-03, 23:51   Link #251
csuree
The Most Hated™

well 7 volumes with 24 episodes....sounds reasonable....

but my guess i that we will have some episodes with non-canon content(anime original material) or the extra chapters and biography combined..... and it will only go until volume 6....

Volume 7 still needs to sell....it will be released in a week(10-Oct; if I remember correctly) and while the anime will end by March 2014, from marketing point of view it would be an economic suicide to not let time for he 7th volume to sell out.

Maybe I'm wrong.....(99% of the times I am wrong) but I was only deducing this by logic

If u write a book; u don't want an adaptation to come out to early because people will not buy the book....it was the same with Harry Potter(2-3 years between book and movie), although the film boosted the book sales....same was with Oregairu.....

okay I think my reasoning was wrong....we'll see whether volume 6 or 7 will be the anime finale...

Volume 7.... something unexpected happens???? Linda asks Banri into marriage?.....or a confession?.....it got me speculating all kinds of stuff....
Old 2013-10-04, 00:53   Link #252
haseo0408

Quote:
in my opinion....
I think Kouko will be the chosen one as well, not only I like her better than Linda but I belive that when something as precious as love is broken it cannot be fixed. Banri might have had a relationship with Linda but the corrent Banri is not the same as the old one, even if he recovers his memories what hehad with her is already lost.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 00:57   Link #253
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
I think Kouko will be the chosen one as well, not only I like her better than Linda but I belive that when something as precious as love is broken it cannot be fixed. Banri might have had a relationship with Linda but the corrent Banri is not the same as the old one, even if he recovers his memories what hehad with her is already lost.
this pretty much..+ we are talking about takemiya's work here...main interest would win lol
Old 2013-10-04, 02:05   Link #254
LordMatsu

Quote:
Hello...I'm back.....Huh, I wasn't here a long time ago and since the anime airing is drawing ever close I thought I'd drop by.

Well your theory is not wrong, your arguments are for the good of everyone, so all the characters will have a happy ending.
But life is not always so fair. Reconciling with the past is a good thing but this does not necessarily mean that they will get back together. Let's keep in mind that Banri is not the same Banri as he was in high school. He has a different personality, he is a changed man.
Also Kouko realized that her infatuation with Mitsuo was of a childish origin. As she grew up to be a beautiful lady, she should move on ,and well she did....She is dating Banri....

Kouko being obnoxious with Mitsuo has an irreversible psychological effect of loving, but only from distance.
Also good example While I was living with my parents we always fought over everything, never had a relaxing day. Ever since we live separately, everything changed. I love my parents more, and vice versa.
Mitsuo is the same. he might have some regrets as Kouko would have been a good catch and for him, also the easiest one. But I doubt Kouko has him in mind as a romantic interest anymore.

It is not a problem that you are optimistic and you want to have a happy end for everyone but in my opinion (as far as I read the story) Kouko will stay with Banri with all the ups and downs of a relationship. Mitsuo will try to woo Chinami (if she is interested in him), and Linda......well she is a secondary character so she will find happiness too...somehow.
Wait, so the whole back story of Banri losing his memories and Kouko being over obsessive girl towards Mitsuo doesn't mean anything? I understand "life" isn't always that smooth for happy endings. However, even not talking about happy endings, there has to be some closure between Mitsuo and Kouko, & Banri and Linda. Regardless if they don't end up together, there has to be some type of closure resembling Kouko understanding that she was a bit obsessive and Mitsuo a bit too carefree. Banri, once regaining his memories, figuring out how to move on without Linda, even if he's different than when he was in HS. In terms of a story, I feel closure is good, in terms of real life, sometimes we aren't so lucky. But we'll see I guess what she does with the story.

With the movie 5 centimeters per second, they both moved on, but at least it ended with them smiling and it had some type of closure. I figure this novel/anime needs to do that even if Mitsuo doesn't end up with Kouko and Banri with Linda again.
LordMatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 03:59   Link #255
l.kostas

Quote:
Volume 7.... something unexpected happens???? Linda asks Banri into marriage?.....or a confession?.....it got me speculating all kinds of stuff....
The question is could that unexpected situation be resolved at a final volume 8 or will we have more volumes? Volume 8 will probably be published next March or April, when the anime will finish airing.

At the epilogue of Toradora volume 9 Takemiya wrote "keep supporting the Toradora series", not any hints the next would be the last volume. That volume 10 would be the last was announced one month before the release of that volume and the end of Toradora anime: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nd-on-march-10
Old 2013-10-04, 09:24   Link #256
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
this pretty much..+ we are talking about takemiya's work here...main interest would win lol
It would be damn weird if Kouko didn't win considered how much they spend their times together and open to each other more than any casts in the series..

Yeah, I am actually hoping for generic happy ending instead of plot twist for the sake of plot twist to threw the audiences off.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 20:43   Link #257
NotVeryMuchAPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
It would be damn weird if Kouko didn't win considered how much they spend their times together and open to each other more than any casts in the series..

Yeah, I am actually hoping for generic happy ending instead of plot twist for the sake of plot twist to threw the audiences off.
Who would hate a happy ending? xD
NotVeryMuchAPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 21:03   Link #258
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Before the anime starts, I only read the manga, without any knowledge of the LN, and find it not that interesting and decided to drop it. But when I tried to watch the first episode of the anime, with heavy Banri x Kaga on the OP I got reeled it again.

And then with the anime will be 2 cours, and from what I read there's a chance the anime will cover all the LN so far, and maybe even the upcoming one, I have to ask if it gets more interesting later, and do Banri and Kaga get together that fast (or at least Kaga grows to like Banri romantically to because as far as the manga chapter I read, Banri is rejected because Kaga sees him as her best friend only), or is this will be the kind of series where the MC get the girl just before the series ends?

I don't mind getting spoiled so please spoil me if there's any major events that makes the series more interesting later. Of course, put it behind the spoiler tag like forum rules stated
Old 2013-10-04, 21:09   Link #259
bulukan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Before the anime starts, I only read the manga, without any knowledge of the LN, and find it not that interesting and decided to drop it. But when I tried to watch the first episode of the anime, with heavy Banri x Kaga on the OP I got reeled it again.

And then with the anime will be 2 cours, and from what I read there's a chance the anime will cover all the LN so far, and maybe even the upcoming one, I have to ask if it gets more interesting later, and do Banri and Kaga get together that fast (or at least Kaga grows to like Banri romantically to because as far as the manga chapter I read, Banri is rejected because Kaga sees him as her best friend only), or is this will be the kind of series where the MC get the girl just before the series ends?

I don't mind getting spoiled so please spoil me if there's any major events that makes the series more interesting later. Of course, put it behind the spoiler tag like forum rules stated
Spoiler for :
bulukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 22:00   Link #260
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
I have to ask if it gets more interesting later, and do Banri and Kaga get together that fast (or at least Kaga grows to like Banri romantically to because as far as the manga chapter I read, Banri is rejected because Kaga sees him as her best friend only), or is this will be the kind of series where the MC get the girl just before the series ends?

Spoiler:

Tags
college, dengeki bunko, love triangle, romance, school life, shounen