AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (second series) - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 6 15.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 22.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 27.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 7.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-25, 08:38   Link #21
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Another quality episode. ^_^

Louise is so cute in her love.

Of course, she's also terribly abusive. Saito has to be so terribly masochistic.

Anyway...

I'm assuming the Gunpowder guards are commoners? I know it's a stupid question, but I have to ask.

And did gunpowder exist in the first series? This is kinda sudden that there are guns in this series.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2007-07-25 at 10:22.
Old 2007-07-25, 10:20   Link #22
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post

I'm assuming the Gunpower guards are commoners? I know it's a stupid question, but I have to ask.

And did gunpowder exist in the first series? This is kinda sudden that there are guns in this series.
its probably a Magical Gun with Magical bullets
Old 2007-07-25, 10:23   Link #23
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
its probably a Magical Gun with Magical bullets
Hmmm. Maybe. I actually think it's regular gunpowder (unless I'm forgetting a reference in the first series that says they are).

Old 2007-07-25, 10:29   Link #24
mist2123
Banned

Quote:
Hmmm. Maybe. I actually think it's regular gunpowder (unless I'm forgetting a reference in the first series that says they are).
if they had why aren't they using it? or maybe its Too hard to make and its really expensive that only nobles and the royal family can afford it.
Old 2007-07-25, 10:51   Link #25
JagdPanther

Quote:
if they had why aren't they using it? or maybe its Too hard to make and its really expensive that only nobles and the royal family can afford it.
The Colbert-sensei at the academy recreated gas from a small sample.

It's entirely possible that at some point a firearm was brought into their world and they figured out it was useful for something. It is a combustion agent, after all. Wouldn't be too hard to figure out. Maybe finding out the hard way...

So it's entirely possible that it's gunpowder as we know it.

And it seems that their technology is middle-ages or slightly later. Gunpowder existed in our world LONG before then. So if they're roughly equivalent to our 16th/17th centuries, then I can't see how gunpowder production would be "too hard."

Old 2007-07-25, 11:06   Link #26
mist2123
Banned

Quote:
And it seems that their technology is middle-ages or slightly later. Gunpowder existed in our world LONG before then. So if they're roughly equivalent to our 16th/17th centuries, then I can't see how gunpowder production would be "too hard."
Gasoline is already refined from coal. While gunpower is a mixture of elements.It make me wonder how they figured it out the "hard way". My theory is that they grabbed the trigger on shot someone accidentally.
Old 2007-07-25, 11:07   Link #27
JagdPanther

Quote:
Gasoline is already refined from coal. While gunpower is a mixture of elements.It make me wonder how they figured it out the "hard way".
Are we even in the same conversation anymore......?

For gas: Um, yes, I know. I'm a former mining engineer. >_>

For gunpowder: I mean that if gunpowder (possibly not in loose form, possibly within a weapon) was summoned to the magic world by accident, then it wouldn't be hard to figure out gunpowder's use the hard way since it is a combustion agent and required very little heat energy to ignite. They could easily figure out the hard way what gunpowder is, or what it can do, and reproduce it. It didn't take Colbert-sensei too long to figure out how to reproduce fuel for the Zero given a small sample.

Old 2007-07-25, 11:18   Link #28
Nifft

Can't imagine why nobles who rule by might of magic would want to create weapons that commoners could use. That's presumably why gunpowder hadn't caught on yet.
Old 2007-07-25, 12:01   Link #29
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
Can't imagine why nobles who rule by might of magic would want to create weapons that commoners could use. That's presumably why gunpowder hadn't caught on yet.
Anies hates mages, and it's implied fire mages especially. Maybe her family was killed by one?

If she's one, then she hates herself. And she leads the gunpowder guard...

Old 2007-07-25, 15:23   Link #30
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

i hope so..i would like to see that... saito is so jealous... so nice to see him like that..
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2007-07-25, 17:53   Link #31
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
quick summary if anyone wants to read :3

Zero no Tsukaima II, episode 3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-25, 21:35   Link #32
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
My favorite part of episode 3 i had to pause i was laughing so hard

Maria "Saito San? I dont know where he is"

Louise "LIES! he isnt in the room or anywhere else.
You must be hiding him! where? where are you hiding him?

Dont tell me"
Spoiler for LOL:

Good episode not great but good oh well looks like we get to see Louise's Onee-Sans in the next episode let the chaos, misunderstandings and beatings begin
Old 2007-07-25, 21:38   Link #33
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
My favorite part of episode 3 i had to pause i was laughing so hard

Maria "Saito San? I dont know where he is"

Louise "LIES! he isnt in the room or anywhere else.
You must be hiding him! where? where are you hiding him?

Dont tell me"
Spoiler for LOL:
Oh hell yes!

Oh, the flat-chested girls who are soooooooooooooo cute... Louise... Shana.... My favorite thing is in the Shana OAV when they're at the onsen and Ogata is feeling up Yoshida, and in the background, Shana pulls at her bikini and looks at her flat chest. LOL

Old 2007-07-26, 00:59   Link #34
suguru
京都 ikitai~

The animation quality seemed to drop off this episode, that fight sequence was pretty bad in spots...wonder if J.C. Staff is feeling the strain doing three series at once.

I'm not sure if I like the new, darker direction the story's taking or not--at times it feels like I'm watching Zero no Tsukaima Alternative. Last season we had Louise drinking love potions and going dere-dere, this season the school gets turned into a military academy and World War III is right around the corner. It's interesting so far, but the contrast from before is a little jarring. I wouldn't say it's bad, there's definitely a lot of potential in the story--it just takes a little getting used to.
Old 2007-07-26, 13:44   Link #35
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

i just cant stop watching the parts where Saito is being jealous..its so funny and unusual
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2007-07-26, 20:55   Link #36
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Paladin's Sword

I found it interesting that in spite that the previous episode the main story went on hiatus exploring Henriette's grief the third episode returns back the plot with huge developments.

Basically, the leaders of the opposite sides have popped up, amassing their forces. In response, Tristein readies for war while at the same time new characters are properly introduced for setting the stage again.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread