AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-11-03, 07:30   Link #8481
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Given how far the Wing road tends to go places, I think that qualifies as a straight up long range 'attack'. Combined with the ability to curve at will and go wherever Subaru wants it, it's perfect for a guided missile. Or perhaps guiding a 'missile'.
The problem being that the thing, being designed as a transporting surface, doesn't have explosive capability.

Quote:
And that gave me a NEW idea.

Imagine this.

You have opponent X, who is good at dodging.
You try to punch, they dodge...
You throw heavy items at them, they dodge.

An idea hits. You fire a wing road over their head, then arch it down on them. They smirk and dodge forward as it smacks into the ground. You follow up by throwing something at them, but 'your aim is off'... somewhat too high... So they don't dodge.

What occures is they fail to realize you haven't made the Road disappear. The object you've thrown, backed by Subaru's cybernetic strength, riccochets off the arteficial 'ceiling' created by the Road, and smacks them in the head.

Use the moment they're disoriented to finish the combo with a ISVS.

KO!
This assumes the enemy moronically stays in one place, rather than maneuvering continuously.

Are we really that desperate to add unproven new abilities to a character of 2nd rank (in terms of ability?)

But if we ARE that desperate, it might be fun to try and use Wing Road as a basis for a DEFENSE against deca- to hectometric range "jet" type weapons (read: Divine Buster types), when for some reason evasion isn't a hot strategy.

Here's how it'll work. The Wing Road would be fired at the enemy's location in a sine form as the enemy prepares the fire from a halt. If the Wing Road actually reaches the target before the target finishes the preparation, it doesn't have a lot of attack but might disrupt the opponent's firing sequence, providing a closure opportunity.

If the enemy fires, the jet will strike the Wing Road. If the Wing Road doesn't just disintegrate under the blast, the jet will be forced around the Wing Road. This will cause the jet to interfere with itself, causing it to weaken or even potentially self-destruct.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 13:47   Link #8482
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

To be frank, I'm dubious as to how much usefulness all this is for Subaru. Combat is a means to an end for her; it's something she trains at, but isn't really psyched up.

What is she doing after StrikerS? Rescue Rollerblades, that's what. SAR. Saving people. That's her whole shtick.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 14:42   Link #8483
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I feel the need to point out that punching isn't Subaru's only trick. While StrikerS certainly didn't stop showing it to us, Subaru is well trained in the Shooting Arts, which use the entire body for combat. Not just punching, but also kicking.

To avoid going into a rambling mode, I'll just say that StrikerS never showed us a good presentation of what Subaru can do. Put down whatever reason you will, but calling Subaru a one-trick pony because her punches are her signature technique is like calling Vita a one-trick pony who only knows how to wildly swing her hammer towards the enemy.

Now, I agree that Wing Road is a blatant "I'm going to attack your left flank!" shout, but if your enemy can't outrun you, that's pretty much irrelevant. The moment you get into melee range it's your territory. Wing road goes wherever Subaru goes is as much a plus as well in that regard.

If I'm fighting ground opponents (and, let's face it, even with Wing Road fighting ground opponents is far more my forte) I don't have much need to use Wing Road at all, bar perhaps a few tactical situations. I'd leave the air opponents to my flying allies and focus on the ground, where my skills have dramatically more advantage.

And modify Mach Calibur a bit and you have Graf Eisen tied to your feet. How's that for kicking power?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 02:31   Link #8484
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

In cooperation with SaintX and Nya~n, presenting my slice of

Lyrical Projects Presents
Code x Tune x Trap

The First Phase
The Coder

*Warning* Large Image Sizes *Warning*

Spoiler for Maximilian "Makube" Saanvedra Page I:

Spoiler for Page 2:

Spoiler for Page 3:

Spoiler for Page 4:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2009-11-06 at 03:17.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 02:31   Link #8485
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
The second part

Code x Tune x Trap

The Second Movement
A Tuner's Introduction

Warning : Large Images

Spoiler for Aina Fortissian : Page 1:

Spoiler for Page 2:

Spoiler for Page 3:

Spoiler for Page 4:

Spoiler for Page 5:

Spoiler for Page 6:

=====

The AMI-D HELPDESK AND TUNER ORGANIZATION WILL BE ON STANDBY TO TAKE YOUR CALLS.
Old 2009-11-06, 02:32   Link #8486
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

You've seen the Coder, you've seen the Tuner, and now you see the final part of the trio. We bring to you…

Code x Tune x Trap
Part TrapThree

Maven Emeraude

Warning: Text wall because I'm the only one out of the three who didn't make a poster profile. Not necessarily a bad thing though, no?

Name: Maven Emeraude
Affiliation: TSAB Engineering Division, Device Meister
Military rank: Private 1st Class
Magical rank: C+
Call sign: Ariadne
Birthday: October 12 MC0065
Height: 163cm
Magical colour: Green
Hair: Lavender, hip length
Eyes: Red
Specialty: device mechanics; capture and arrest
C.V: Kikuchi Kokoro

Spoiler for Appearance:

Spoiler for History:

Spoiler for Personality:

Spoiler for Skills:

Spoiler for Device: Gossamer:

Spoiler for Device: Regular Side:

Spoiler for Device Tuning:

Spoiler for Relations:

Spoiler for "Dark Maven":

Last edited by Nya~n; 2017-09-03 at 08:25.
Nya~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 19:09   Link #8487
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Loved and waited for Vivid, but didn't like the overemphasis on fanservice? Were you bored by 3 chapters of slow, only to receive 1 chapter of win that ends up in anticlimax in the next? Feeling that there's just too many characters in too little time?

I'm gonna do things a little differently! Cross-posting from FFT, featuring Our Dear Kaiser, the "anime" spinoff of Nanoha Vivid:

Magical Lyrical ViVid

Spoiler for Case 01 - Prologue:
What's this? It even includes an opening!

Spoiler for W.V.X. ~Double Vivid Extreme~:

Spoiler for Author's note:
Once again, thanks for reading.
Old 2009-11-09, 08:18   Link #8488
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

I've got 2 profiles up and a fic running on another, so I guess I get to have my own OC index, right?

Nya~n's OC profiles

TSAB Intelligence Division

Division 66 NERV

Others

Last edited by Nya~n; 2010-06-29 at 10:37.
Nya~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 11:23   Link #8489
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
MUAHA!

Finally... I figured out how to hide uranium in plain sight.

Let me throw up the scene snippet...

Spoiler for Mother and Daughter:

Spoiler for notes:

Spoiler for Notes 2 PLASTEEL:
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 01:34   Link #8490
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Five days without activity. Awesome.

The Gospel of Judas

Pervious chapters:
Chapter 1: The DarknessChapter 2: The Terror of Death
Spoiler for Act 3:
Old 2009-11-17, 11:26   Link #8491
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post

Spoiler for Act 3:
Fran... well that gives me weird images from a certain character. If it was the intention, you succeeded. If she had appeared earlier I have to say I don't remember. Was some time since I read the previous chapters.

There was some weird grammar in some places and some words that had the wrong tense, that made me stop for a second. Also, I've never ever seen "serendipitous" before so I had to look it up, but it fits in the context.

Another thing I hooked on was -> Stein ‘tsked’. This is probably just a difference in style, but it kinda stands out. I'm split whether I want to like it or not, as I personally prefer to write it into the dialouge. It works though.

Overall, however, a solid chapter as always. Especially the fighting gave me a nice mental image going on and the last part of the fic leaves open a wide range of new encounters, which, I am looking forward to.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 16:24   Link #8492
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Took the time to finaly create a profile for her. Major edits since Fall of an Empire, of course. One of which finding the perfect match for Alistina image wise.

Lady Alistina Carter

Spoiler for Alistina Carter:

Spoiler for Author Notes:
Old 2009-11-17, 17:27   Link #8493
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
*headdesks*

Oh WHY am I not surprised someone actually decided to do a Fairy Tail port XD

Edit: Oh lord....I HAVE IDEA!!!!

Keroko, do you mind if I make use of Alistina, and incorporate her into my story? >:3
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 17:46   Link #8494
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hey, I resent that! Alistina was here long before I had even discovered Fairy Tail!

That said, sure, what did you have in mind?
Old 2009-11-17, 17:50   Link #8495
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hey, I resent that! Alistina was here long before I had even discovered Fairy Tail!

That said, sure, what did you have in mind?
Well you're aware of how I created the Kaiser Knights, the guardians of the Sankt Kaiser, which in this case, is probably Olivie based on ViVid. I was thinking that just above them, since Kaon and Alistina are Olivia's left, and right hand, the Kaiser Knights are just below them, in terms of the bodyguards :3
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 17:58   Link #8496
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Sounds cool, go ahead.
Old 2009-11-17, 20:45   Link #8497
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Took the time to finaly create a profile for her. Major edits since Fall of an Empire, of course. One of which finding the perfect match for Alistina image wise.

Lady Alistina Carter

Spoiler for Alistina Carter:

Spoiler for Author Notes:
What the hell?! This is Fairy Tail?! It looks nothing like One Piece, and a whole lot of good!

Looks like my advisors were wrong about this anime...

*reactivates servitors for download*

This is interesting indeed... Her personal vault parallels Cedric Skyliner's inherited access to a vault of Lost Logia collected by an ancient King during the shattered era of Ancient Belka.

As for the rest, there's been a lot of changes. For one, she's no longer short.

Though what's with all these resurrected/immortal characters from Ancient Belka... Granted I have a 350+ year old character, what with medical advances and stuff keeping people alive longer, she is a spunky gramps, not a MILF like Lindy, a loli like Einhart, or the resurrected Arawns and Rhiannons from Gospel...

I can include them in my fanon with some modification and justification as defence programs and Dark Age of Alhazred era enhanced humans. THough with the burgeoning cast, its going to weigh on ViVid.

Apologies to the FFT; MLV was and is meant to be an OC platform, just that I try to keep it down...
Old 2009-11-17, 20:59   Link #8498
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
What the hell?! This is Fairy Tail?! It looks nothing like One Piece, and a whole lot of good!

Excuse me, Fairy Tail was created by Hiro Mashima who did the very fun Rave Master before that. Not by Eiichiro Oda. Thankyouverymuch.

Quote:

Though what's with all these resurrected/immortal characters from Ancient Belka... Granted I have a 350+ year old character, what with medical advances and stuff keeping people alive longer, she is a spunky gramps, not a MILF like Lindy, a loli like Einhart, or the resurrected Arawns and Rhiannons from Gospel...
It's fun. And Canon already gave us a few so why not add more.

Quote:
I can include them in my fanon with some modification and justification as defence programs and Dark Age of Alhazred era enhanced humans. THough with the burgeoning cast, its going to weigh on ViVid.

Apologies to the FFT; MLV was and is meant to be an OC platform, just that I try to keep it down...
Don't let your cast get too big :P

@Keroko: I like Alistina~ If I get the urge can I use her?
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 01:07   Link #8499
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

A common mistake. The manga art is somewhat similar to One Piece (keyword being somewhat) but beyond that the two are vastly different.

Quote:
As for the rest, there's been a lot of changes. For one, she's no longer short.
Nope.

Quote:
It's ironic that canon does what we've been avoiding. Though Ix pretty much justified Kaon, and Ein pulled a whole new method of getting ancient kings into the future, which I may or may not use for Syn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
@Keroko: I like Alistina~ If I get the urge can I use her?
The 'free to use' policy goes for all my OC's, so yes.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-11-18 at 01:18.
Old 2009-11-18, 05:29   Link #8500
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Excuse me, Fairy Tail was created by Hiro Mashima who did the very fun Rave Master before that. Not by Eiichiro Oda. Thankyouverymuch.
As I said, my advisors got it wrong. Now I am catching up on what I missed.

Quote:
It's fun. And Canon already gave us a few so why not add more.
Oh you did not just say that. Oh no you didn't.

*sees the rest of the chat facepalm as another limiter on the Khrack Meister goes offline*

Just kidding. I find it hilarious that canon is blowing all the safeguards that WE as fans placed. I'm not complaining; I've been fighting these restrictions for years now.

Quote:
Don't let your cast get too big :P
Unlike canon, I can handle 200+ characters and their plotlines. Just that they won't all get the limelight at once, unlike that classical novel or Towards the Terra. I'm not that skilled yet.

Quote:
A common mistake. The manga art is somewhat similar to One Piece (keyword being somewhat) but beyond that the two are vastly different.
Point noted. And so, as I watch...

KHRACK FOR THE KHRACK GOD!

You know, that actually sounds like an awesome warcry.

Quote:
Nope.
Best of all I can work this Alistina into the woodwork a lot more than the earlier version. Sure I would be adapting many details, but which OC does not suffer that fate when being imported into the Khrack no Sekai, but as she is, she's fine. And furthermore it coincides with another OC's vault-like abilities, and I am not referring to Unlimited Blade Works.

I like her story too. It's perfectly embodies one of the best officers of the Belka Imperial Guard.

Quote:
It's ironic that canon does what we've been avoiding. Though Ix pretty much justified Kaon, and Ein pulled a whole new method of getting ancient kings into the future, which I may or may not use for Syn.
Yeah, while I based my original character idea off Project F and memory transplanting, Ein goes and completely runs against scientific knowledge about it. And let's not go into how Ix completely flattens my understanding of medical practice in canon.

Having canon clear the way for oh so many fandoms is really... cool, in a facepalming sense, the kind you get while long-time rebels against "common sense" are firing AK-47s of joy in the background.

I'm not complaining.

What do you mean about Syn? That she's an old King brought to the future? Or has memories of an old King? The set-up I had for the group was that Syn was the only one of the 4 Kings (Ix, Syn, Vi+Stella and Ein) who wasn't related to any previous kings.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content