AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-02-10, 20:05   Link #7041
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Why the sudden Nagisa hate? Just curious. I know of one person who wouldn't stand for it.

I concur on Urabe. He didn't care that Lelouch was Britannian, he went out on his own terms, and turned the tide in Lelouch and the BKs favor.
because Nagisa is busy spending the entire series complaining about if we should trust there leader or not. She should have used her energy for other efforts.
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 20:09   Link #7042
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Let's only say we dislike a particular character and leave it at that. There's no need to start a bashing war. It hasn't happened yet, thankfully, but it will if you keep heading down that path.
Old 2010-02-11, 13:43   Link #7043
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
because Nagisa is busy spending the entire series complaining about if we should trust there leader or not. She should have used her energy for other efforts.
I always saw her as representing the feelings of the rest of the Black Knights. Theirs a reason why Lelouch lost his entire army, and it was because his army never trusted him.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 15:22   Link #7044
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I always saw her as representing the feelings of the rest of the Black Knights. Theirs a reason why Lelouch lost his entire army, and it was because his army never trusted him.
I agree that the core BK were coming to doubt him bit by bit, but the grunts and citizens still loved him, as shown by the wailing in Horai after his death was announced.

As for Nagisa and Asahina specifically, while I don't actually suspect this to be the case, I have wondered if perhaps part of their dislike of Zero (aside from the Black Rebellion abandonment) was due to their adoration of Tohdoh and a subsequent desire to see him as the leader of the Black Knights.

Jumping back a bit on Gino, it's funny, but the constant back attacking was one of the few things I DIDN'T hate about him. It doesn't make him an honorable warrior, sure, but it does make him an efficient soldier. As well, I recently noticed a scene in China where he actually catches one of Xing-ke's slash harkens with TWO FINGERS.

Why Xing-ke didn't just hit the electric charge button and blow his arm off is still anyone's guess
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 08:47   Link #7045
NateFate
Just A Newbie Animers

Send a message via Yahoo to NateFate
hello im new ( sorry for junk )
NateFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 08:48   Link #7046
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

I wonder when S3 is coming out.

Though I hear it's not a continuation,it's a prequel.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 14:50   Link #7047
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
No one knows yet.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 23:19   Link #7048
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Cross View Post
Asahina looked up to Toudou quite abit, but so did the rest of them. The only one I can specifically point out that had the chance of siding with Zero was Urabe, but even that is stressed.

Xingke-kun isn't as smart as we thought, then? If I had a frickin' Electric Slash Harken, I'd hit the owie button as soon as it made contact. (The 'owie' being 'activation' :P)

Above all else, It's hard to hate characters in CG... Sort've, I hate Ohgi, but thats my perspective. I hate buffoons with power that jump the gun in such a manner, it screws everything up.
What I mean with Asahina is that there is a difference between saying "I admire Tohdoh, but I respect Zero's ability to command on a larger scale" and saying "Anything you can do, Tohdoh can do better" and I entertained the idea that he and Chiba may have felt the latter, though I don't believe it to be the case.

I think it was more just uninspired writing. There are plenty of times in various series where a character doesn't make use of a power or skill that would give them a drastic edge in a situation.
Old 2010-02-14, 00:41   Link #7049
azul120

Quote:
Above all else, It's hard to hate characters in CG... Sort've, I hate Ohgi, but thats my perspective. I hate buffoons with power that jump the gun in such a manner, it screws everything up.
You'd also have to mention Villetta, who only seemed to exist to stand in Lelouch's way at best, and be a one-woman Spanner in the Works at worst.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 01:26   Link #7050
Betteroffer

Something I meant to ask the bi-lingual members: In the official english dub of Turn 8, as well as its subtitles, Gino's phrasing of the situation at the SAZ is that upon the revelation of Zero's betrayal, then the Britannians will have the excuse to "crackdown" on the gathered Japanese, while an earlier fansub had translated his line as having "The wonderful pretext to purge them."

My question is whether or not the original "purge" translation is equally or more accurate than the dub's "crackdown" translation, as I vaguely recall the discussing comming up here before, with "purge" being deemed an accurate translation.

Whatever the translation, it's still a rather disturbing thing for him to say as his side was working to manufacture an excuse to massacre people.
Old 2010-02-14, 01:36   Link #7051
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Same thing, different phrasing. Purge is probably closer, if only slightly. Dubs tend to take small liberties for understandability, most of the time. I can't for the life of me pick out individual words from his short line.
Old 2010-02-14, 03:49   Link #7052
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Oh yeah that reminds me! In the Japanese version does Lelouch get to finish his last sentence? I've seen it subbed both ways.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 01:28   Link #7053
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I remember there being talk of the Japanese preferring the English dub for Code Geass. Where's the evidence of this? Someone requested it in another forum.
Old 2010-02-17, 01:59   Link #7054
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
Something I meant to ask the bi-lingual members: In the official english dub of Turn 8, as well as its subtitles, Gino's phrasing of the situation at the SAZ is that upon the revelation of Zero's betrayal, then the Britannians will have the excuse to "crackdown" on the gathered Japanese, while an earlier fansub had translated his line as having "The wonderful pretext to purge them."

My question is whether or not the original "purge" translation is equally or more accurate than the dub's "crackdown" translation, as I vaguely recall the discussing comming up here before, with "purge" being deemed an accurate translation.

Whatever the translation, it's still a rather disturbing thing for him to say as his side was working to manufacture an excuse to massacre people.
Does one or the other make him any less of a jerk?

Not IMO /my unneeded two cents
Old 2010-02-18, 19:34   Link #7055
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Does one or the other make him any less of a jerk?

Not IMO /my unneeded two cents
Well, "crackdown" can be more ambiguous and could suggest that he intended to make a show of force in the Tristan i.e. wave his poleaxe around (I'll thank you all not to make the obvious innuendo) or otherwise use intimidation to remind the people that nothing would come from rioting, except further tragedy. On the other hand "purge" leaves it unambiguous that he planned to lay into them with lethal force from the get-go with absolutely no attempt to diffuse the situation.

His general carfree expression during the lead up to the Million-Zero-Reveal obviously lend strength to the later interpretation, but "purge" just feels so jarring that I wanted to be sure it was still a valid translation in the face of the official dubs and subs.

A guilty pleasure of mine is referencing this scene (among others) to Gino fans and people who generally try to promote him as the exception among Britannians and I wanted to be as accurate with my information as possible.

That said, as one of the pioneers for logical reasons to dislike Gino I would like to formally request that my title be "The Gino Breaker" in reference to my ability to break down the illusion that he is a harmless funny man.

...It's mostly so any future "enlightenment" I bring may be punctuated by a victory cry of:

"GIGAAAAA...GIIIIIIIIIINNNOOOO...BRRRRRRREEEEAAAKK KKAAAAAA!!!!"

...Fight the Powah (of misconception)
Old 2010-02-18, 20:02   Link #7056
azul120

Really, in a contest between Gino and, say, Luciano, the latter of whom Gino sort of saved Kallen from while Kallen was imprisoned (as a pet example of Gino fans btw, lol), it's like saying Bill O'Reilly is better than Rush Limbaugh. So while Gino may be less repulsive when it comes to R2, to paraphrase the words of Lrrr, not by enough.
Old 2010-02-19, 11:41   Link #7057
azul120

* lolfangtan *

That was pretty good!

You know what I mean though. Gino being the worst doesn't excuse him. Perhaps I should have used Lohmeyer as my example of contrast instead of Bradley. She wasn't a complete monster like he was, but she was stupid bigoted.

Guess I used Bradley as an example because some Gino fan on the [as] boards used that captive Kallen incident to laud Gino. Not to mention that he hated both Suzaku and Lelouch, lol.
Old 2010-02-19, 13:15   Link #7058
azul120

Where did you get that info on Nonette?
Old 2010-02-19, 13:35   Link #7059
azul120

Oh, right. Not familiar with Lost Colors.

She's also supposedly very carefree.
Old 2010-02-19, 23:54   Link #7060
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Thanks, Though I think this would fit him much better

"YOUR LIFE!"

He is an extremely colorful character, afterall.

Let's chill on the Gino hate.

...I never mentioned we should stop on the Luciano hate, now did I?

This is from what I learned of the Knight of Rounds

1. Bismarck, Cool, calculated, needs goatee slashed off
2. Dorothea, unknown, chick, gets owned by Lancelot Albion
3. Gino, idiot, unfair in battle, needs to learn the meaning of 'personal space'
4. ???
5 ???
6. Anya, supah loli, uncaring, cellphone/camera addict
7. Spinzaku, stupid, irrational, purposeless besides the emo kid
8. ???
9. Nonette, Supah sado-masochist, well-developed, super quick
10. Count Chocula, sadistic, mean-spirited, guy on the cereal box
11. ???
12 Monica, blonde, gets owned by Lancelot Albion

Thats all I can remember :P
Woah easy there champ. Suzaku is none of those, naive and selfish yes, but not this.