AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-06-07, 00:18   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

To Aru Majutsu no Index Second Season - General Discussion [NO SPOILERS]

Quoting from the General Discussion thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb075 View Post
Index second season confirmed.
Spoiler for image:
This thread is for speculation and general discussion about the second season, but please, as per normal Forum rules...

NO Novel spoilers, even behind spoiler tags!!!!!!!

You may discuss the light novels in the Light Novel thread, and there is also a Spoiler & Speculation thread where you can make novel-based predictions to your heart's content. Please obey this content rule in this thread.
Old 2010-06-07, 00:25   Link #2
magnum
Lurking Around

Yeah, it finally come. After long speculation about the second season, it's here.
First I though it was Railgun.
Old 2010-06-07, 00:42   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Hmm, I wonder why JC Staff's 2nd seasons don't have a good impression on me. That's what is worrying me...
................Hii~... The chills of remembering what happened to Zero no Tsukaima...

I only wish this doesn't get hit by the same curse... A mediocre show getting worse...?! Ueh... At least there is no chance it will get as fanservice-focused as ZnT... Right?

Anyways, looking forward to Saten-san's appearance... in the OP.
Stopped reading at volume 5, so everything is new for me.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 00:51   Link #4
Kakkou
Tch.

I always liked Saten and Uiharu more when their roles were limited to just OP cameos, so a second Index season is always welcome. Guess this means we'll get Railgun 2 after Index 2, which hopefully actually gives us the Sisters arc and less of the other girls. *murdered by railgun fans*
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 00:55   Link #5
pampz21
ShipCore

been waiting for conformation but this really a great news...by the way the pic didn't give me a really god impression cuz iv been reading the LN but why the hell is the pic still Mikoto and Index....o well still good knowing and Q>>>can't read kanji can someone tell me the release date?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 00:55   Link #6
BlueDo

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Am I popular yet?

Last edited by BlueDo; 2010-06-07 at 01:50.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 01:41   Link #7
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
by the way the pic didn't give me a really god impression cuz iv been reading the LN but why the hell is the pic still Mikoto and Index....?
They're still the two lead female characters you know
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 01:44   Link #8
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
They're still the two lead female characters you know
not really....they change the lead every arc =P thats why it's a dating sim hahahaha

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 01:50   Link #9
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Finally, I've been waiting for so long for this!!
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 02:14   Link #10
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Aaaaaaaand:

HELL

****ING

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
...by the way the pic didn't give me a really god impression cuz iv been reading the LN but why the hell is the pic still Mikoto and Index....
Well, they are the two main heroines......

Don't worry, we'll get plenty of scans of the other females as the series gets closer and the characters make appearances.

And now for the long, excruciating wait for S2 to actually air..........
Old 2010-06-07, 03:11   Link #11
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
The long and loud YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH from The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" is not enough for me to express my joy for this.

... I feel like crying for knowing it's going to be up this soon.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 04:15   Link #12
Bordix

See, a little optimism won't hurt. Anyway great news, I teared up a little.

I have high expectations on the OP as I loved the previous openings in S1. I never did like railgun's openings, it felt dull.
Old 2010-06-07, 04:55   Link #13
BlueDo

It all depends on the staff.
Things do tend to go that way, but people have high hope regardless.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 05:08   Link #14
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

If they dig more into the background history and the world itself, I shall be a very happy viewer. That was something I missed in S1.

Although, I will enjoy it anyway because I preferred Index over Railgun regardless.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 05:16   Link #15
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I don't know. We'll have to wait and see, I'm just hoping they don't. The name gives me hope.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 05:23   Link #16
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Some have really have high hopes over an ANIME SEQUEL regarding a MEDIOCRE title in an era of MOESHITZ. Isn't it going to be "more fan service and less context" as usual?
I don't know, the Toaru series seem to be doing quite well for itself...

Quote:
How are you sure they won't make another Railgun type of Index?
Because Index have alot more material from the Light Novel than Railgun?
Old 2010-06-07, 05:31   Link #17
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That will be true "if" they follow the novel and don't "Rozario to Vampire S2" us.
Well, I don't know about Rosario, but we're talking at least two more seasons of 25episodes worth of material, I don't know about you but I don't see why JC staff would need an Anime Original arc, plus if it turns out the way I've predicted, then the 13th volume would be an excellent place to end the season, so they don't have to Shana'd the ending as well.
Old 2010-06-07, 05:42   Link #18
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

besides, S1 proved itself to not need fanservice to carry it - the only fanservic-y stuff only got as far as imouto's shimapan which was mentioned in the novel iirc so it's following cannon and not just LOL HEY LET'S PUT FANSERVICE HERE FOR THE SAKE OF GETTING MORE VIEWERS; Aisa, Index and Komoe in bath towels and the first episode of the Angel Fall arc, which was more of ridiculous than fanservice anyway.

Also, Index and Railgun use different source mediums. Index, as a light novel, depends entirely on text to carry its story, therefore, the fact that it can do this well is mainly thanks to the CONTENT of the story rather than moe or flashy explosions, because there are only so many ways you can describe an explosion.

Railgun, as a manga, on the other hand requires a lot of visuals. Let's face it, if Railgun's graphics were removed, it wouldn't be able to tell its story as well as any light novel. What sells the manga then, other than the fact that it already has its ToAru fans? The graphics is what carries it, with flashy explosions and, you guessed it, moe art style and a whole lot of fanservice, like oooohhhh-misaka's-shirt-is-torn-we-have-a-titillating-glimpse-of-what-lies-under-her-shirt.

It is precisely this difference in source mediums that they are adapted differently - Index is obviously focused more on plot, underlying clues, Touma Sherlock-ing his way to the climax; while Railgun focuses more on moe, flashy explosions and Misaka MORE DAKKA-ing her way through.

If it's the same crew as S1 working on this, then they'd most likely follow the formula they've already been using for Index, rather than Railgun. Of course, unless, their sponsors decide to screw it up and insist that they add moeshit, then that's half the series ruined.
Old 2010-06-07, 06:02   Link #19
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

"Throw away your troubles and let Time take its course."

Or we should discuss which parts of the Light Novels are gonna get included in the anime. In the appropriate topic, that is. :P
It's less of a headache than to think that J.C.Staff is gonna make the ending for this one like in Shana. (And besides, the ending of Shana wasn't bad either.)
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2010-06-07 at 06:17.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 06:51   Link #20
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Or we should discuss which parts of the Light Novels are gonna get included in the anime. In the appropriate topic, that is. :P
We can't

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
NO Novel spoilers, even behind spoiler tags!!!!!!!
Maahh~ There's not much to say otherwise It would be nice to hear some actual speculation from other people that haven't been corrupted by the power of the Magic Grimoires- I mean 'Light Novels'. But alas, virgins are a rarity.

Tags
fantasy, sci-fi, shounen