AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-02, 16:38   Link #4521
Traun
Tetris

I wonder if the newfound powers Raki has were given to him by Priscilla, if so, than he may emit the same aura as her. This would make the reunion very, very awkward.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-04, 23:55   Link #4522
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

this chp 115 has been one of the most enjoyable chapters i have read in a long time! who would have thought raki would be this awesome and oozing with such hotness of complete yum.

besides that, i do not care what raki can and can't do. as long as he has a purpose and a reason for living, he'd always be my favorite character in claymore. he came a long way from being completely weak person into a very strong human male warrior.

also on a different note.. come join the raki club if you're interested. each one of you who likes raki would make such lovely additions. ^_^
Old 2011-06-05, 15:34   Link #4523
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

I completely agree with clarakiss. Raki is an amazing character. I just don't understand why people can hate him so much when he is cleary an awesome character.

I would totally join the Raki club
Old 2011-06-05, 16:46   Link #4524
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Here is what I posted in the ch115 thread, regarding all the Raki hate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
It is actually refreshing to see that Yagi hasn't lost his knack, after all. After the last couple of chapters, it looked like interest in Claymore had hit an all-time low. Love him, hate him, or be totally indifferent... Raki managed to breathe some fresh air into Claymore.

I still am of the opinion that most of the Raki hate stems from the anime version. I hated anime Raki with a passion, but when I read the manga I found Raki to be far more tolerable. After having watched several different animes since first watching Claymore late last year, I find that many of the english-dubbed versions suffer from whiny, annoying voice-overs of certain characters (like Raki) that just grate on the nerves. Consequently, having re-watched some of these series with the original Japanese soundtrack (including Claymore) I find them far more enjoyable.
Old 2011-06-06, 16:02   Link #4525
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

I liked Raki in the Anime, However he was a bit of baby. he would cry all the time and that annoyed be a little bit but i still think that he was good in the anime

But he is so much cooler in the Manga

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-06-07, 18:42   Link #4526
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
this chp 115 has been one of the most enjoyable chapters i have read in a long time! who would have thought raki would be this awesome and oozing with such hotness of complete yum.

besides that, i do not care what raki can and can't do. as long as he has a purpose and a reason for living, he'd always be my favorite character in claymore. he came a long way from being completely weak person into a very strong human male warrior.

also on a different note.. come join the raki club if you're interested. each one of you who likes raki would make such lovely additions. ^_^
Raki has become quite a man, anyway after his fight with the twins I don't think Raki would fair too well with any claymore of any rank! As strong as he is Raki is still just a human and claymores are beyond human! Just as it is like with Guts and the Apostles.
Old 2011-06-08, 07:10   Link #4527
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Raki has become quite a man, anyway after his fight with the twins I don't think Raki would fair too well with any claymore of any rank! As strong as he is Raki is still just a human and claymores are beyond human! Just as it is like with Guts and the Apostles.
oh hush up jamsey, you don't know whatcha talkin about. lol jk. neway, i fear that raki's gonna be recaptured again soon. he's headin' to the council all by himself without any backup! perhaps the head council guy will show us all he can fight just as guud or even better than raki when they do fight. so intrigued by raki's skill, the head council guy orders dae to turn raki into a male claymore. it would be a shocker if that actually happened.
Old 2011-06-08, 08:06   Link #4528
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
so intrigued by raki's skill, the head council guy orders dae to turn raki into a male claymore. it would be a shocker if that actually happened.
There is far too many little things that says that raki is no longer human ( 100 %), for example the title – only claymores were called by warriors. And besides, the transformation takes times. Just saying…
Quote:
he's headin' to the council all by himself without any backup!
Despite all that miria is the one near the high council, raki is taking the other way round, the runaway path that the twins were doing. I think that he might try to go to robona because there the new warriors will be protected by the robona soldiers.
Old 2011-06-08, 15:22   Link #4529
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
There is far too many little things that says that raki is no longer human ( 100 %)
He's still human, the twins implied that.
Old 2011-06-08, 17:38   Link #4530
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
He's still human, the twins implied that.
yep and it should stay that way, I would like Raki to stay human. That way it shows that we humans dont completly suck in the claymoreverse.
Old 2011-06-09, 08:55   Link #4531
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
I think that he might try to go to robona because there the new warriors will be protected by the robona soldiers.
hmm.. i think it'll be difficult for raki to escape from the org atm. with the trainees in toll it will be hard cuz of the feeders or other things wandering about outside. he might have a run in with dae again or someone that's from the high council.

there's a guud chance that rebellion would totally fail since dae released his new creation. miria and the ghost might be the only ones surviving it by retreating. who knows, some of the ghost might kick it as well.
Old 2011-06-09, 10:32   Link #4532
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
hmm.. i think it'll be difficult for raki to escape from the org atm. with the trainees in toll it will be hard cuz of the feeders or other things wandering about outside. he might have a run in with dae again or someone that's from the high council.

there's a guud chance that rebellion would totally fail since dae released his new creation. miria and the ghost might be the only ones surviving it by retreating. who knows, some of the ghost might kick it as well.
Or he may run into Deneve's group. I could imagine the lower ranked warriors from Anastacia's squad staying with the trainees since they probably wouldn't be much help against the Feeders.
Old 2011-06-09, 15:31   Link #4533
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
Or he may run into Deneve's group.
don't mean to sound a bit picky but i would very much perfer raki to run into clare first instead of running into the other ghost members. it would cheatin' the reunion moment if he had returned to rabona with the ghost and seeing clare in that blob-like state.

wasn't clare the one who said that she would find him seven years ago? i hope that remains true.
Old 2011-06-09, 18:58   Link #4534
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
don't mean to sound a bit picky but i would very much perfer raki to run into clare first instead of running into the other ghost members. it would cheatin' the reunion moment if he had returned to rabona with the ghost and seeing clare in that blob-like state.

wasn't clare the one who said that she would find him seven years ago? i hope that remains true.
Problem is that revenge against Priscilla became Clare's vow and reason to live. Meeting Raki and making the promise to reunite with him came many years later after Clare's tragedy.

If Clare hadn't run into Priscilla (or viceversa) she would had continue on her search for Raki, but I strongly believe that even if they had reunited with each other sooner would have been just for Clare to see him one more time and saying good-bye forever.

Unfortunately for Raki, Clare's revenge takes precedence above else, that doesn't imply or suggest in anyway that Clare lacks tact or kind feelings. The thing is that Raki's reunion comes second and just to say to him good-bye forever once she encounters him.

The tragedy is that for Clare there's no tomorrow, no future; she forsook those things. She chose the past which lies in Teresa's memory, and her destination is to destroy Priscilla no matter what takes even if it means Awakening.

In that regard, not only she went against Teresa's last will (that was for Clare to live and die like a human being), but also she concealed the full truth from Raki. Their reunion was meant to become the final good-bye; the departing of ways, although part of the blame can also be attributed to Raki due for him at being so naive when he made the promise to Clare. Raki believing that their reunion would mean the return to those old days of the past with the two traveling together again.

Recall that during the "Darkness in Paradise" arc from the second manga volume, Clare cryptically warned Raki not to get attached to her and not to expect any kindness from her, because he would find nothing but pain and sorrow.

However, many of us can agree that once Teresa recovered her human heart she never kept all of her emotions concealed from Clare, although her past is another story.

Whereas Clare possibly kept many of her most important emotions concealed from Raki, because she did not wish for two things:
1. Gaining someone precious just to lose him again, like it was the case with Teresa and her family beforehand.

2. Had her heart and abilities as a warrior decreasing, because of her bonding with Raki.
Old 2011-06-13, 18:06   Link #4535
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Well the good thing now about Raki grown up and now powerful enough to slay yoma. They can together grow stronger as warriors together. Yeah and all that lovey mushy cRap.
Old 2011-06-16, 19:45   Link #4536
Dj0rel
True Believer

I may have found the proof that Raki is no longer human.
Look at the order of these events:
1-Miria failed at destroying the Org and as a result gets chopped up;
2-Some unspecified time later Dae arrives at the Org HQ;
3-Dae removes the destroyer rods and Priscilla's arm from Raki's body;
4-Rebellion. The dialog between Audry and Miria suggest that Miria hasn't fully recovered;
5-Raki fighting MiB's. Other than pain in his shoulder Raki's left arm seems to be fully functional.

Therefore Raki in fact had less time to heal from his injuries than Miria. I know that Miria's injures were more severe but as a warrior whose power is close if not equal to no1 she probably has huge reserves of yoki to help her heal. I sure hope this is not a plot hole. I don't like plot holes.
Old 2011-06-17, 01:14   Link #4537
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
4-Rebellion. The dialog between Audry and Miria suggest that Miria hasn't fully recovered;
5-Raki fighting MiB's. Other than pain in his shoulder Raki's left arm seems to be fully functional.

Therefore Raki in fact had less time to heal from his injuries than Miria. I know that Miria's injures were more severe but as a warrior whose power is close if not equal to no1 she probably has huge reserves of yoki to help her heal. I sure hope this is not a plot hole. I don't like plot holes.

Nah he is still human, its called being a man. Now if he had his regular sword he would have trouble with his arm.
Old 2011-06-17, 07:06   Link #4538
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:

Here and there are things that allowed to us to see that he is no longer human.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Now if he had his regular sword he would have trouble with his arm.
his sword is even more heavy than isley claymore ?
Old 2011-06-17, 07:17   Link #4539
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:

Raki is 100% Human. He is not a hybrid warrior. He is just a really strong human

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-06-17, 09:21   Link #4540
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
Here and there are things that allowed me to see that he is no longer human.
Fixed. Hope you understand. For once.
Closed Thread