Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-18, 08:05   Link #981
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by webkid94 View Post
Spoiler for episode 6:
Not only that but the episode title itself, Noblesse Oblige, can be seen as a reference to Eden of the East as well.
Old 2012-05-18, 08:47   Link #982
ChocoBar9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Sure, but that doesn't mean Fleur has to act unfriendly.
And she doesn't have to act friendly either

Quote:
It's not about "fair" at all. It's about common sense and courtesy. And it's not about how Ao handles it (and he's clearly handling it well enough), it's about how Fleur is treating the "new guy." (you don't need to be a hardened 30 year old combat veteran to know you want to get along with your teammates, new or old)
Where did anyone order her to be nice to Ao? And further more why does she have to especially when he's the "new guy" really your whole stance goes about she was mean to him, really get over it, anyone can see what she was trying to do in regards to Ao's hapless situation. There is a huge difference between the teenagers and the adults in this series. The adults really sympathize with having to make children fight. The kids though: are completely different. They are not going to guide newcomers along every step of the way. They offer their support here and there at crucial points, but everything inbetween will be for Ao himself to solve.
Quote:
Clearly Ao has the talent to be a formal pilot for Pied Piper; he did very well in his first two battles. And that's before considering he had absolutely no training or experience then.
He had the Nirvash on EASY MODE the second time around and almost got himself in trouble on two situations during that fight by jumping into the zone ill-advised as to what it'll do and forgetting that the Nirvash's arm was gone. He's managed to do fine for a rookie at this point

Quote:
The bridge crew agreed on him needing rest; Fleur said he'd be useless anyway.
Those weren't her exact words she was just inferring what everyone else was agreeing that in his condition Ao will be of no use on the battlefield which makes all the more sense in that situation

Quote:
I'm not sure who said anything about the Nirvash, but Ao has shown he has what it takes to be on Pied Piper twice before this episode.
The second time he actually needed help from Generation BLEU in battle

Quote:
We've seen that the common strategy for Generation Blue is just to sit around and shoot from outside the enemy's detection range. Lots of people can do that. Ao has shown the skills to dive in and hit them up close while they fight back.
The difference here is that Ao got the plan from Chloe which is why he was able to pull it off, Pied Piper was just being cautious to not repeat the same thing that happened to Goldilocks. Ao has been very reckless when in comes to battle I've notice since it useless involves him getting up close to the enemy and striking it, not sure if that's gonna play a role in anything when they come across a stronger/ smarter enemy later on
In the context of this episode, whether or not he needed the rest/was ready or not, my point is that Fleur calling him "useless," especially with Ao's great track record, was harsh and uncalled for.
Quote:
I know they weren't going out of their way to shun him, but Fleur could tone it down a bit. And again, it's not about Ao falling asleep (which was perfectly reasonable since he had gotten almost no rest since the attack in episode 1), it's about Fleur going the extra mile to call him "useless," when she's seen firsthand that he's not. He's rough around the edges, but who's an ace pilot when they first hop in the cockpit? Ao did very well for his first few fights, and he already did better in this one.
I'm not sure what Ao not expecting special treatment has to do with Fleur being unnecessarily harsh, either.
Again, she didn't call him useless nor was it used to spite him they saw that he was exhausted and wanted him to rest up while they took care of the Secret by themselves because Ao would be useless if he's not in full condition to fight. This whole episode was suppose to drive home that Pied Piper didn't think that Ao was useless like he's been perplexing about since he first joined Generation BLEU and Chloe reassured that letting him stay behind and rest was just a sign of showing how much they valued Ao as a team member. Fleur's problem most likely stems from the 4th episode in which she stated that she didn't want to be a babysitter and since then she's been generally uninterested with Ao's problems and the reason he joined Generation BLEU for her actions in the 5th episode was just to remind him what he's here for and what they expect from him is not he same as his own desires and we saw that Ao took that to heart in this episode we he reconfirmed to Ivica what his duties are as a part of Generation BLEU.

Could she had been a bit nicer? Most definitely, infact I didn't really like her comment towards Ao in episode 5 about him only being able join because her father wanted the Mark I and then there was the part where both her and Elena left him out of their plans, but we can generally see what she was trying to do to Ao and it stuck with him.
Quote:
He's Eureka's son.
Eureka was automatically a gifted pilot as well, especially due to her being a Corallian. So it makes sense that her son would share this.
Of course, how much exactly this series has to do with Coralians is still uknown, but it's perfectly obvious that Ao isn't a normal human (the whole hair-"magically"-returning-to-blue thing) and we know that Eureka (whether she's the original Eureka or an alternate-universe Eureka) is also special in some way, so it's logical to assume her son is special in the same/a similar way.
Well Ao has also been piloting FPs at a young age before he discovered the Mark I but yeah he is a natural
ChocoBar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 09:12   Link #983
ReddyRedWolf

Hate to see the survival ratio in IFO pilots but Fleur and Elena may view also Ao being a maverick with his get close and kill tactics. Not the type of guy you want to get close with.

Given there is theory that Pied Piper was once a trio like Goldilocks.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 09:57   Link #984
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
That Truth is pretty damn scary. The ability to change forms rapidly is scary for psychological warfare and obviously has some dangerous abilities on top of that. Wonder what its attraction to Nirvash (and possibly Eureka) is? I'm still running through theories about time travel, alternate universes, etc with this show. Should be a crazy episode next time though.
My question is what is his deal he goes around causing all kinds of havoc but in the name of what?
Old 2012-05-18, 10:13   Link #985
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
My question is what is his deal he goes around causing all kinds of havoc but in the name of what?
Truth seems to be a type of vigilante. Correcting the wrongs of the world by killing.

He calls this world the mistaken world when the Scub burst happened.

So he's pretty much a Punisher type anti-hero.
Old 2012-05-18, 10:55   Link #986
miketyson

I'd speculate that Truth is an unwilling / unhappy avatar of the Secret / G-Monsters / etc.. That is: on earth to do whatever it is they want him to do, but with a lot of leeway / little in the way of guidance. So he's thrilled to see AO/Nirvash, etc., destroying G-Monsters, because when he sees that he sees the potential to get set free.

Once he's set free who knows what he'll do, though. It seems like he has some very strong ideas for how things should be....
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 11:02   Link #987
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
With Eureka showing up on the seemingly real Earth without Renton, perhaps that's why all these Scub and Secrets have started to show up again. Though, didn't Eureka (and Renton) have a big gem in their heads by the end of the series? Or is it assumed that when they vanished, they essentially de-materialized, so Eureka materializing on the real Earth could easily have done so without the gem from before?
The Scub has been appearing long before Eureka, at least as far back as the 1940s. Eureka still has that gem, and Renton never did (just the blinking light). Her gem is visible in the opening. In the series proper, she always covers it with her bangs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
seriously, that Secret looked like some random giant amusement park ride (from Disneyland?)
This one, perhaps.
Old 2012-05-18, 11:42   Link #988
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The Scub has been appearing long before Eureka, at least as far back as the 1940s. Eureka still has that gem, and Renton never did (just the blinking light). Her gem is visible in the opening. In the series proper, she always covers it with her bangs.

This one, perhaps.
blinking light=gem, or do you think there was a firefly passing by?
renton himself said he was gonna lose his humanity in the last episode
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 11:49   Link #989
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm... not sure what to think about Truth. I certainly didn't expect a shapeshifting superpowered humanoid to show up in this series. He looks like he could be a cool villain.

That aside, I greatly enjoyed this episode. I even came to like Chloe, whom I found annoying last week. She's very mature for her age. Well, I guess you have to be when you want to pilot a mech. Even though we barely knew the guy, I was saddened Bruno died. He seemed like a very decent man (the only decent adult in GB?).
Old 2012-05-18, 11:55   Link #990
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
blinking light=gem, or do you think there was a firefly passing by?
renton himself said he was gonna lose his humanity in the last episode
Except that blinking light appears well before he even reaches Eureka and makes that declaration, so taking it as if he suddenly mutated a gem in his head is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?
Old 2012-05-18, 12:32   Link #991
ookamigirl

The beginning of this episode left me surprised.
I didn't watch the original series and don't know if the same characters appear here or not, but those ultra strong, shape shifting guys are certainly not a joke.
Ao was right in the middle of it all as usual.
Looks like he and his Nirvash had a fiery christening.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 12:52   Link #992
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm... not sure what to think about Truth. I certainly didn't expect a shapeshifting superpowered humanoid to show up in this series. He looks like he could be a cool villain.

That aside, I greatly enjoyed this episode. I even came to like Chloe, whom I found annoying last week. She's very mature for her age. Well, I guess you have to be when you want to pilot a mech. Even though we barely knew the guy, I was saddened Bruno died. He seemed like a very decent man (the only decent adult in GB?).
I haven't totally given up on Ivica as a decent man, though I have a strong suspicion of everyone in GenBleu. There may well be a bit of a "never trust anyone over 30" thing happening here.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 13:38   Link #993
ChocoBar9
Banned

Kanetake mentions that the American IFO (which he designed) is smaller compared to other IFO that appear so far.
ChocoBar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 14:36   Link #994
pinoscotto

Quote:
Except that blinking light appears well before he even reaches Eureka and makes that declaration, so taking it as if he suddenly mutated a gem in his head is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?
are we talking about the same light?
i refer to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-rloR-CaxE
from 8:50, it's the last scene in the series
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 15:53   Link #995
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Yes, it's the same light. My point is that it happens before Renton even reaches Eureka (1:21 in the same vid. Unless he grew one when the Nirvash evolved around him, that light is unlikely to symbolize him having a gem on his head. Furthermore, the light is emanating from the back of his head in that last scene. I doubt it's supposed to be taken completely literally.
Old 2012-05-18, 16:04   Link #996
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
As to the question of Fleur's treatment of Ao, how kind are 14 year-old girls to 12 year-old boys, generally speaking? I don't find that aspect especially unrealistic.
She's not 16? Ugh, wikipedia is completely useless for this series.

Good episode anyway. At first I thought the guy we saw in the OP and the purple-haired lady were going to be two different members of the same species, but it turns out it was just Truth. Not sure how I feel about having superpowers like his in Eureka yet, but we'll see how it goes.

And on this stuff about Fleur being mean or awful to Ao, I guess I just don't see it. Yeah she's distant, and at times comes off cold, but it's nowhere near as bad as Talho initially was to Renton. I'm actually looking forward though to seeing them develop as teammates and friends, as there is a ton of room for that, which we hopefully get to see.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 23:14   Link #997
ReddyRedWolf

Fleur asked Ao what was here for. If she was paying attention it is for to find his mother. It hasn't sinked in how important Ao's mother is.

Though Elena is far more distant. The whole anime otaku thing is facade.

Ao is like the Little Prince that left his planetoid meeting people. Fleur and Elena are like the Fox which will take time to tame. Though it seems Ao got his first befriending with Cloe.
Old 2012-05-19, 00:34   Link #998
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Fleur asked Ao what was here for. If she was paying attention it is for to find his mother. It hasn't sinked in how important Ao's mother is.
You're missing the subtext in that. It's not "I don't know why you're here.", it's "Do you know why you're here?" Think Babylon 5 and and Vorlons/Shadows constantly asking "Who are you?"/"What do you want?" She's trying to encourage him to take some initiative. At the time, he was unsure of what he was supposed to be doing and just got led around.
Old 2012-05-19, 01:31   Link #999
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
You're missing the subtext in that. It's not "I don't know why you're here.", it's "Do you know why you're here?" Think Babylon 5 and and Vorlons/Shadows constantly asking "Who are you?"/"What do you want?" She's trying to encourage him to take some initiative. At the time, he was unsure of what he was supposed to be doing and just got led around.
Actually she doesn't know as she focused on the Mark I than Ao himself. She may asking about his conviction but she is going about it the wrong way.

Again Fleur and Elena are not getting close to Ao because it is very likely they lost one of their own and they are not ready to bond with a newbie.

Even if said newbie was a natural IFO pilot. Though a bit of a maverick. Heroes tend to end up dead.
Old 2012-05-19, 01:43   Link #1000
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Think Babylon 5 and and Vorlons/Shadows constantly asking "Who are you?"/"What do you want?"
Vorlons and Shadows treated that as a game of who is right. Don't ask a Sci-fi nerd about it.

Fleur doesn't know why Ao is important. Or why he should even be in her team. Or if she could trust him with her life.

Ao has his own reasons but Fleur can't comprehend that.

Why is Ao doing these crazy stunts rather than stay safe. He's the hero duh.... And she doesn't like that one bit.

If he doesn't do it he'll regret it later as somebody else would cry. The reason why he piloted Nirvash in the first place.

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen