Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-02-17, 01:58   Link #101
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea it's crazy. it's madara controlling a complete kurama and susano'o vs hashirama controlling 2 wood dragons... i can't wait to see more of this haha
There was only one Wood Dragon, the other was a Wood Person.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 04:50   Link #102
2Fast

Maybe it's somekind of Sussanoo counter for Senju.
It's also a humanoid like figure just like sussanoo.

I like the name. He called it Mokujin. Just like the wooden guy from Tekken
2Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 06:12   Link #103
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to see that fight animated. It should be fairly epic if done correctly.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 09:57   Link #104
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
They're winning, but it doesn't look good for them, yeah.
Just because the fight was interrupted at a moment where the alliance had some good moves it doesn't mean they're now winning. Madara didn't do shit until now, if he were to be sealed without doing anything right after we saw his perfect susano, super-meteor, super-wood jutsus, rinnegan powers, etc... and the complete destruction of the 5 current kages that would be extremely lame.

Quote:
And they're not. They're talking to Sasuke right now, they're not interfering with anything.
So Madara is talking with Sasuke right now? I don't get what are you trying to tell here.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 12:12   Link #105
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
So Madara is talking with Sasuke right now? I don't get what are you trying to tell here.
I have no idea what YOU'RE trying to do. No one ever said Madara was talking with Sasuke. I dunno what your game is but if you want to kill an argument with random non-arguments that's fine with me, I don't want any part of it anymore.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 12:13   Link #106
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
yea it's crazy. it's madara controlling a complete kurama and susano'o vs hashirama controlling 2 wood dragons... i can't wait to see more of this haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Its the first rasengan!!! he caught the bijuu dama now hes about to smash the hell out susanoo...i cant wait to see this fight!

@itachi-san314 per the discussion about senju countering the sharingan...i think its likely that there is a gimmick...BUT i tend to keep in mind that the senju are the other half of the sage lineage...yin balancing yang and all that stuff i dont understand. per tobi v konan story time...uchiha powers create form from nothingness (conjure susanno and powerful genjutsu). senju powers give life to form (wood dragons and wood people)...if the senju are excellent chakra manipulators it makes sense to me that they can just "shinra tensei" the sharingan effects on the brain. idk really lol...when i think of senju v uchiha, i see mirror a vs a brick...

i guess we'll see what the author has in store
Old 2013-02-17, 12:14   Link #107
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The first rasengan was thought up by Minato.

Unless you count the Beast Bomb. Or unless they retconned it.
Old 2013-02-17, 13:00   Link #108
itachi-san314

Quote:
Sasuke isn't pointing guns at anyone.
duh... the MS is a much more powerful weapon than any gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
yea, the second was clearly humanoid, but the translation i read called them both wood dragons... suffice it to say they are both wood monsters i guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
@itachi-san314 per the discussion about senju countering the sharingan...i think its likely that there is a gimmick...BUT i tend to keep in mind that the senju are the other half of the sage lineage...yin balancing yang and all that stuff i dont understand. per tobi v konan story time...uchiha powers create form from nothingness (conjure susanno and powerful genjutsu). senju powers give life to form (wood dragons and wood people)...if the senju are excellent chakra manipulators it makes sense to me that they can just "shinra tensei" the sharingan effects on the brain. idk really lol...when i think of senju v uchiha, i see mirror a vs a brick...

i guess we'll see what the author has in store
yea, i am eager to see kishi's explanation of the senju. if they all could give life to form then i wouldn't have a problem with it, but as far as i can see, it's only hashirama who can do this with mokuton.

Quote:
The first rasengan was thought up by Minato.

Unless you count the Beast Bomb. Or unless they retconned it.
naruto was able to learn the bijou bomb quickly because rasengan is basically the same thing. minato did create the first official rasengan, but the beast bomb is essentially the same technique and was around first.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 13:04   Link #109
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
duh... the MS is a much more powerful weapon than any gun
But he wasn't "pointing" it at anyone. If I show you my gun, will you shit your pants?

Quote:
naruto was able to learn the bijou bomb quickly because rasengan is basically the same thing. minato did create the first official rasengan, but the beast bomb is essentially the same technique and was around first.
Did I, or did I not, say "unless you count the beast bomb"?
Old 2013-02-17, 14:44   Link #110
itachi-san314

Quote:
But he wasn't "pointing" it at anyone. If I show you my gun, will you shit your pants?
i don't think you get what i'm saying and i don't think i can make it any clearer...

Quote:
Did I, or did I not, say "unless you count the beast bomb"?
did i, or did i not, say that you didn't?
Old 2013-02-17, 15:44   Link #111
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Unless you count the Beast Bomb.
I clearly did!

Quote:
i don't think you get what i'm saying and i don't think i can make it any clearer...
Maybe we're just talking past eachother. I'm saying that Tobirama has no reason to freak out, because Sasuke is not USING it on him.

If someone is like "oh by the way I have a gun" and shows you a gun, they're not going to fire it at you. They're not even -threatening- to fire it at you. Why would you freak out over it?
Old 2013-02-17, 17:39   Link #112
itachi-san314

Quote:
I clearly did!
i know.. i never said you didn't..

Quote:
I'm saying that Tobirama has no reason to freak out, because Sasuke is not USING it on him.
if sasuke were using MS it would be too late. the only way to fight MS is by taking preventative measures by not looking ...or by having hashirama's cells which are the cure all for anything ..or by being a strong enough uchiha but that's beside the point since we're talking about the senju

Quote:
If someone is like "oh by the way I have a gun" and shows you a gun, they're not going to fire it at you.
really? is that a fact?

Quote:
They're not even -threatening- to fire it at you. Why would you freak out over it?
i never said you have to freak out over it. an experienced fighter wouldn't freak out. but they wouldn't just stand there and get shot in the face either...
Old 2013-02-17, 19:48   Link #113
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
I have no idea what YOU'RE trying to do. No one ever said Madara was talking with Sasuke. I dunno what your game is but if you want to kill an argument with random non-arguments that's fine with me, I don't want any part of it anymore.
Since it seems you don't remember what started the argument, here:
Quote:
Old dead fogeys have no business barging in on the current generation's fight.
I replied to this originally. Telling you that it already isn't just a "current generation's fight", Madara is already the "evil boss" of this war after Kabuto was beaten and he crushed the 5 kages. Even if he was quite passive until now, if Obito fails he won't fool around any more. We have already seen a direct clash between Naruto and Madara two times, first Naruto's mass kage bunshin + rasengan against Madara's forest growing jutsu and then Madara stated that he'll catch the 8 and 9 tails and went on to fight Kyuubi-Naruto with the 1st hokage's wood powers. Naruto is no match for Madara in his current state, and the alliance is runnin out of people who can save Naruto. They are also trying to mentally break Naruto, so the presence of the 1st hokage would really help Naruto also mentally, to reinforce his "will of fire" by meeting the man who invented the whole thing.

So to sum it up i didn't agree with the "no business" part because Madara and Hashirama represent the two sides at war and also it's already a fact that it's not the current generation's fight since Madara is heavily involved not only because he beat the 5 kages but also because the current Obito is his creation and this whole war is the result of his big plan. If you have one side in the war (Madara) then it's just natural that the other side (1st hokage) should also be there, people like symmetry
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 20:21   Link #114
yogotah

The next chapter should prove to be a pretty dynamic chapter.

I enjoyed this chapter a lot, I love seeing interactions and even though we didn't get that much content out of the chapter, we can be patient and wait next week for the full story

Harishima is one strong guy, to be able to beat Orichimaru's technique without breaking a sweat shows who's the most powerful ninja in the room. How did Harishima get this strong? Was he born with this insane amount of chakra and ability or maybe he trained with a the sage of the six path and got stronger. It will be nice to get some timetable to the whole shinobi creation thing too.

On another note, I don't really care too much for the Tobi/Mardara/Naruto fight, I think it's best to not delve into it until some new characters, preferably the Kages jump in the battle.

That would be an awesome fight. Yes!
yogotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 02:39   Link #115
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
if sasuke were using MS it would be too late. the only way to fight MS is by taking preventative measures by not looking ...or by having hashirama's cells which are the cure all for anything ..or by being a strong enough uchiha but that's beside the point since we're talking about the senju
If if if if if. The fact is, he wasn't using it.

Quote:
really? is that a fact?
Tobirama isn't under a genjutsu right now, nor has he burst into flames.

Quote:
i never said you have to freak out over it. an experienced fighter wouldn't freak out. but they wouldn't just stand there and get shot in the face either...
If no one is doing any shooting and has no intention of shooting ever, it'd be paranoid to go all like KYAAAAAAAA HE'S GOT A GUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Since it seems you don't remember what started the argument, here:

I replied to this originally. Telling you that it already isn't just a "current generation's fight", Madara is already the "evil boss" of this war after Kabuto was beaten and he crushed the 5 kages. Even if he was quite passive until now, if Obito fails he won't fool around any more. We have already seen a direct clash between Naruto and Madara two times, first Naruto's mass kage bunshin + rasengan against Madara's forest growing jutsu and then Madara stated that he'll catch the 8 and 9 tails and went on to fight Kyuubi-Naruto with the 1st hokage's wood powers. Naruto is no match for Madara in his current state, and the alliance is runnin out of people who can save Naruto. They are also trying to mentally break Naruto, so the presence of the 1st hokage would really help Naruto also mentally, to reinforce his "will of fire" by meeting the man who invented the whole thing.

So to sum it up i didn't agree with the "no business" part because Madara and Hashirama represent the two sides at war and also it's already a fact that it's not the current generation's fight since Madara is heavily involved not only because he beat the 5 kages but also because the current Obito is his creation and this whole war is the result of his big plan. If you have one side in the war (Madara) then it's just natural that the other side (1st hokage) should also be there, people like symmetry
I suppose that makes sense from your point of view, I just don't feel the same way.

Most importantly, if Hashirama showed up and creamed Madara, it would make all of the growth of the past two years completely meaningless.

Of course, if your reply to this is "what growth?", then I guess it works from your point of view.
Old 2013-02-18, 03:32   Link #116
Eragon
Still Alive

What's the point of the Alliance winning this war if its not by its own power. If they are going to be saved by DEAD people then what's the point of their existence?
Old 2013-02-18, 05:31   Link #117
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
yea, the second was clearly humanoid, but the translation i read called them both wood dragons... suffice it to say they are both wood monsters i guess
Probably just a typo or a rare mistranslation since mokujin is wood dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
What's the point of the Alliance winning this war if its not by its own power. If they are going to be saved by DEAD people then what's the point of their existence?
Yeah that's the irony. I doubt they will be in the fight against Madara. I suspect they are a plot device just to show off Sasuke's strength. There is nothing to gain by the 4 greatest Hokage's joining the fight against Madara. I think all they will do is leave a small hint on how to defeat Super Saiyan Madara.

The Ninja Alliance should be the one's who meaningfully defeat the Uchiha-Bros.

Speaking of retcon, why is Shodaime so much more capable this time around than before when he was being controlled directly by Orochimaru against Sandaime..?
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 07:07   Link #118
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post

Speaking of retcon, why is Shodaime so much more capable this time around than before when he was being controlled directly by Orochimaru against Sandaime..?
He blocked out their personalities the first time around and wasn't as powerful with it. This time oro has more knowledge of it and let them shine. Also Shodamime pretty much broke out of his control instantly while his brother it seems let his guard down thinking oro was not a threat to him or his power.
Old 2013-02-18, 09:56   Link #119
itachi-san314

Quote:
If if if if if. The fact is, he wasn't using it.
neither was itachi when he ambushed team 7 on their way to save gaara.... and yet they took precaution not to look into his eyes.... you really just don't get it and there's no point in continuing on with this....

Quote:
Tobirama isn't under a genjutsu right now, nor has he burst into flames.
never said he was. you like changing the subject and putting words in my mouth to defend your baseless points.

Quote:
If no one is doing any shooting and has no intention of shooting ever, it'd be paranoid to go all like KYAAAAAAAA HE'S GOT A GUN!
again putting words in my mouth.... i specifically said nobody has to freak out.... also, an enemy has no way of knowing that his enemy has no intention of shooting.... you're just putting your own thoughts in a fictional character's mind and stating it like a fact
Old 2013-02-18, 10:32   Link #120
Artful Dodger

It may be that they didn't bother taking much caution because they knew they were already subjugated to Oro and Sasuke's will via the edo-tensei, which they already know the properties of full well.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion