AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-15, 00:59   Link #121
I<3killerloli's

I like the fang, funny guy the most. The only thing arousing about this whole anime so far is the eye catch I saw in episode 4. Oh, and I love the innuendos in the beggining of the episodes. Those are priceless. The one with the tea cups had me laughing with sheer shonen-ainess. But I have a few questions...
1. What is with the creepy evil twins?
2. What exactly was Keita going to "show" at the bathhouse ceremony. I was thinking strip tease, but I didn't know if this was going to be explained.
3. Before the series is up, does anybody get laid?
4. I heard this anime was liscensed for US. When is it going to come out? (so tempted to make a gay referene at the end of that sentence)
5. Is the game translated yet? I hear it's a lot better.
Old 2006-07-15, 05:20   Link #122
Nei

funny bug in vBulletin, I cannot access page 4 of this thread >_>
it always seems to occur when there is only exactly one post that is displayed on the new page
Old 2006-07-15, 06:35   Link #123
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Hm, you're right, I take it back -- Loveless was better. But this show wins for its utter pointlessness. I also love the art style and characters and their designs. But it probably helps that I was a fan of the game long before the TV anime? This show is just cute and stupid so it's a relaxing way to end my week. Every episode leaves me smiling (I think the Kazuki/Keita relationship is adorable).
Hmm, I guess you didn't watch Yami no Matsuei, huh

Well, I want it to turn into straight yaoi now; at least a real kiss, and something "real scene" afterwards ^^"
Old 2006-07-15, 13:12   Link #124
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl
Hmm, I guess you didn't watch Yami no Matsuei, huh

Well, I want it to turn into straight yaoi now; at least a real kiss, and something "real scene" afterwards ^^"
I've seen Yami no Matsuei, but strangely enough I don't really view it as a shonen ai. Since romance isn't the main theme, the first thing I think is usually "shinigami! vampires! ... an owl!" The manga of that is much better anyway ~

And no the Gakuen Heaven game is not in English. But I'd definately petition for it. It's sad that the only yaoi game English companies have looked at and translated is that piece of crap Enzai.

And is it true that there's a "Nakajima side" version of the manga now? (as opposed to the anime, which is the "Kazuki side" and the normal manga which is the "King side", I guess). When did it come out and how many volumes is it? I think it's an interesting and fresh twist to publish different versions of the same story based around different romances. :P So there's one type for everyone....
Old 2006-07-15, 17:17   Link #125
elite-dreams
Boku no matsuro

well if u remember in some of the scenes when tsuzuki got hurt and when tsuzuki was worrying bout hisoka, hisoka blushed so i assume thats a bit yaoi?

but to be honest Yami no Matsuei, gakuen heaven, gravitation, and princess princess r all mild/light yaoi. it b nice if they had some modern medium/hard yaoi. Like the famous "Ai no Kisabi" is really old so its a bit boring acually. the only ones that r okey are papa to kiss in the dark and some other titles.
Old 2006-07-16, 02:38   Link #126
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Yes, Keita was unremarkable and boring. :P

Hard yaoi? Look for that new yaoi that's coming out within these few months. It looks like hard shota, so... I'll probably watch it to see how much it could push me over the edge.

Yaoi in anime is a bit lacking, but yaoi manga seems to flourish like crazy. So... (stick to manga?)

I kept thinking, if they decide to animate Viewfinder, now that's gonna rock the community.
Old 2006-07-16, 03:07   Link #127
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
Yes, Keita was unremarkable and boring. :P

Hard yaoi? Look for that new yaoi that's coming out within these few months. It looks like hard shota, so... I'll probably watch it to see how much it could push me over the edge.

Yaoi in anime is a bit lacking, but yaoi manga seems to flourish like crazy. So... (stick to manga?)

I kept thinking, if they decide to animate Viewfinder, now that's gonna rock the community.
Animate viewfinder ??? please stop the torture; I'm enough obsessed with Asami that I can't concentrate at work
But heck, VIewfinder would be the ultimate yaoi anime
Old 2006-07-16, 16:27   Link #128
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-dreams
well if u remember in some of the scenes when tsuzuki got hurt and when tsuzuki was worrying bout hisoka, hisoka blushed so i assume thats a bit yaoi?

but to be honest Yami no Matsuei, gakuen heaven, gravitation, and princess princess r all mild/light yaoi. it b nice if they had some modern medium/hard yaoi. Like the famous "Ai no Kisabi" is really old so its a bit boring acually. the only ones that r okey are papa to kiss in the dark and some other titles.
Almost every show has a boy that is kinda gay, so the only shows that I consider earning of the title "shounen-ai" are anime where a main character boy DEFINATELY says he's in love with another male and there is an actual relationship. So I consider the Yami no Matsuei manga to be shonen ai, but not the anime (if that makes sense... the anime is mostly action ^^; they cut out the main romance... which actually seems to be Tatsumi+Tsuzuki, not Tsuzuki+Hisoka). Gravitation DEFINATELY has a relationship, and what I've seen of Princess Princess makes it seem like it's definately leaning towards shonen-ai (hell, two boys basically kiss in the INTRO of the live action drama...)
Old 2006-07-16, 18:01   Link #129
ergoproxy
Ergo Proxy

I LOVE THIS ANIME!!!
Old 2006-07-16, 20:52   Link #130
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
i've finished the anime today, i'm saying as a shounen ai fan, as the creator of this thread, and as someone who really anticipated that show - it SUCKED!!!!!!!
hated it,
i mean.. the awful, flat, boring characters and the main couple is SO not interesting and the chimistry between them is bad and the whole plot is unbelievablly stupid

Spoiler for the "plot" towards the end, but this show is so bad you better just read it instead of watching it:

oh god, erase from memory, erase!!
i really hope future shounen ais aren't going to be this horrible. :/
Old 2006-07-24, 09:55   Link #131
TgyamiBakura
Yaoi Lover

You know that it wasn't bad

Sure it was sort of slow in the beginning and sort of pointless but you know that's what makes it special. It was the perfect display of unrealistic boy love. Lets see...you have the weak plot, the sexy boys the climax at the end and the sexy kiss...which you know that they did a little bit more but didn't show it so there! I liked it. It was ultra cute and the intro song is killer and i have the full version now so i'm happy
Old 2006-07-24, 10:05   Link #132
Lilith
Your average fangirl

And this is why I don't watch Sh-ai anime but instead stick to Yaoi OVA's. At least there you have some good sex scenes!

I completely agree with you, gknight. However, I must admit that Gakuen Heaven had it's good points, one of them is the ultimate cuteness. The "Hamu Hamu" extra's are enough. Besides, the fact that there's a sh-ai anime is great itself, right? May the future hold more series of Boy Love. <3

Perhaps TgyamiBakura was right. It was meant to be PWP, so no complaints. XD

And and and! I raise my arm for VIEWFINDER ANIME! *nosebleeds*
Old 2006-07-25, 01:23   Link #133
TgyamiBakura
Yaoi Lover

Pwp Forever!! Bwahaha
Old 2006-09-27, 16:40   Link #134
Kensuke

Note to mods: Gakuen Heaven is licensed by Media Blasters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
Media Blasters Picks up Gakuen Heaven (2006-09-27 10:16:40)
Media Blasters has licensed Gakuen Heaven. The series is based on You Higuri's shonen ai manga, the first volume of which Tokyopop will release in November.
Old 2006-09-27, 16:53   Link #135
domino
デレデレ

Yay, so now the anime AND the manga are coming to American stores. I'm glad! Especially for the manga... I really want to see the King version of the story. (I hope they release the Nakajima version, too). Anyone know if the Nakajima version was licensed too?

A lot of people disliked this show, but I have to say that Gakuen Heaven was the best BL-themed TV anime I've ever seen. I enjoyed every minute! It was humorous, had a well-planned direction and plot (that gradually was told, instead of most other series that wait to add plot until the very end), the characters were attractive and interesting, the music, art (You Higuri is one of my favorite artists!) and animation were pleasing... I hope they do more BL anime like this! It was especially refreshing after Sukisyo, which was (in my opinion) as bad as BL anime can get....
Closed Thread

Tags
shounen-ai