AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-03, 10:23   Link #481
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

The reason why Nise isn't doing that well as Bake is because of the Tsunami. If it weren't for it, Madoka wouldn't just get 50k BD sales in its first week. It would be 60k, getting huge follow ups like Bake did. And Outselling Bake easily would be just like killing an ant. Now, if Bake aired post-tsunami, I doubt it would even reach where it is now since Bake was just a little better than Nise.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 21:43   Link #482
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

There's something I've always wanted to ask. This question is targeted to those of you who watch a decent variety of anime. I'm sure most of you know of the fact that the Bake and Nise anime is a HUGE hit and a big part of it is because of the style Shaft uses to present the story.

Now here is the question. Do you guys think that other anime studios have started to use the "Shaft style" in order to do their light novel adaptations? I personally believe that animes like C3 or Hyoka have used such a style and it's because of Bake's success.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 22:28   Link #483
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
There's something I've always wanted to ask. This question is targeted to those of you who watch a decent variety of anime. I'm sure most of you know of the fact that the Bake and Nise anime is a HUGE hit and a big part of it is because of the style Shaft uses to present the story.

Now here is the question. Do you guys think that other anime studios have started to use the "Shaft style" in order to do their light novel adaptations? I personally believe that animes like C3 or Hyoka have used such a style and it's because of Bake's success.
I think successful works are always imitated to various degrees. Part of that is because staff move around and sometimes work for different companies or as contractors, so some of their experience carries with them (for example, the director for C3, now at Silver Link, used to work at SHAFT). Some of it is obviously just imitating what works, and this certainly isn't limited to animation -- manga, novels, and games are all the same in that regard (along with a lot of other things). Even Bakemonogatari is rooted in a lot of previous works as well. I would say that imitation is a key element of all sorts of creativity -- there are few truly new concepts out there, but a lot of existing concepts re-formulated in different ways. It's not necessarily any surprise that anime directors and storyboard artists use other favourite and/or popular anime as a base source of inspiration from time to time.
Old 2012-07-07, 02:35   Link #484
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

For C3, I'd put the similarities on account of the fact the director is Oonuma. All his anime are like this. The "Shaft style" is also his own. He would have done it this way regardless of Bakemonogatari's success.

Hyouka, on the other hand, probably drew some inspiration from Bake. The two anime are similar after all (very dialogue heavy) so it makes sense to use a similiar directing style that has been proven to work previously. If anything, that means Shaft's talent is being acknowledged by them.

Haven't really noticed anything different in the other LN adaptations I watched. They seem the same as ever. It's hard to tell just how much influence Bakemonogatari has had.
Old 2012-07-09, 01:51   Link #485
Azuma Denton
~AD~

NisioIsin Tanabata Event at Akihabara
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51348734.html

And happy belated birthday to Senjougahara-sama...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 06:36   Link #486
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Top 25 cutest anime loli
Spoiler:

This list pleases me. I also love how three of Kana Hanazawa is in the top 4.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 10:38   Link #487
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Uncensored screenshots of the fight between Araragi and Kagenui. I suppose its NSFW because of the gore?

Well, better safe than sorry.

http://seventhstyle.com/2012/08/22/n...d-guro-action/
Old 2012-08-22, 22:54   Link #488
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Uncensored screenshots of the fight between Araragi and Kagenui. I suppose its NSFW because of the gore?

Well, better safe than sorry.

http://seventhstyle.com/2012/08/22/n...d-guro-action/
Holy...
That is the same as fight against Rainy Devil...

SHAFT'ed again...
Old 2012-08-29, 00:59   Link #489
Azuma Denton
~AD~

46k BD Sales for BD Vol 5...

So that means the average for Nisemonogatari sales is about 45k...
Another success for SHAFT again...
Old 2013-02-22, 00:08   Link #490
Velsy

Aftering being a huge fan of Bakemongatari. Finnaly had an internet to watch Nisemongatari. Even tho it feels short at 11 episodes. What a great series to back up from Bakemongatari. Seeing more of Tsundere-chan's Yandere side was wonderful, but most of all. Shinobu's involvment was just awesome. I think I cheered when she spoke for the first time. She was a character I've been really wanting to learn more about since she sulked because Oshino stole her last dohnut. I am about half-way throught her light novel, but hearing her talk was something special. And her personality is perfect. Since I havent finshed her novel, I've been curios since Bakemongatari what feelings and attitudes between the two were like. As she only gave him the silent treatment but was said she depended on him. I miss Oshino, but Ararararagis got to do alot of stuff on his own. He did well.

I was starting to feel sad since I thought this would be the end of it, but I've just seen another season is coming. So I fell kinda happy. Or maybe excited.

ps - Kisshots entered my top 20 favourit characters, She was just awesomely cute ^_~ Ka ka!

ps2 - Nooo ! Tsundere-chan cut her hair!!! I thought she said ararargi liked her the way she was!!! why!!! D:
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 23:34   Link #491
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... just finished this series too in anticipation of next season, and it was also pretty good in general, all things considered.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the discussion/references to Mencius and Xun Zi totally took me by surprise - a very pleasant surprise, mind you. ^^

Last edited by Flower; 2013-06-27 at 23:55.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote