AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-01-04, 06:17   Link #10361
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
I'm pretty sure the bolded had something to do with Strike Freedom being an entirely superior suit to Destiny, than Kira's skill. Those Dragoons are pretty much a game-changer.
defeated him and earth(Without SF full power)
and again in space (With SF full power)
so whatever SF was better than Destiny is irrelevant about who is stronger

Quote:
Didn't Shinn dodge the Zamza-Zah's shots when he was trying the get to the Deuterion beam system?
So?
Shin = one of best Destiny ACE(s) (one of top 3) so it's normal he can do that.
Or do you think just because he is weaker than Kira and Athrun == weaker than other named Ace?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 07:07   Link #10362
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
defeated him and earth(Without SF full power)
and again in space (With SF full power)
so whatever SF was better than Destiny is irrelevant about who is stronger
Why wouldn't it be relevant? monster said that Shinn didn't forget how to fight Kira, so Kira simply shooting at Shinn wouldn't work since he can just dodge and block Kira's long-range attacks, and they were matching each other in the Orb battle. Having Dragoons covers that weakness, and gives Kira the opening he needs.

And Kira technically didn't defeat Destiny at all, I'd say Kira had the upper-hand. On Earth, he managed to get the upper-hand on Shinn by activating his Seed mode first, and, unlike Shinn, he left it on for the 2-on-1. In Space, all of SF's Dragoons were dodged and blocked. The point is that the SF's Full-burst wouldn't have hit Destiny(or anyone relevant, for that matter) if it weren't for the Dragoons lining Destiny up for the shot.

Quote:
So?
Shin = one of best Destiny ACE(s) (one of top 3) so it's normal he can do that.
Or do you think just because he is weaker than Kira and Athrun == weaker than other named Ace?
Because Aquaman said that Shinn only tanked Zamza-Zah's shots because he's brutal or something. All I did was point out that Shinn also dodged. Why do you need to sound offended?
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 07:38   Link #10363
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Why wouldn't it be relevant? monster said that Shinn didn't forget how to fight Kira, so Kira simply shooting at Shinn wouldn't work since he can just dodge and block Kira's long-range attacks, and they were matching each other in the Orb battle. Having Dragoons covers that weakness, and gives Kira the opening he needs.
Kira won't aim at cockpit = easier to dodge

Quote:
And Kira technically didn't defeat Destiny at all, I'd say Kira had the upper-hand. On Earth, he managed to get the upper-hand on Shinn by activating his Seed mode first, and, unlike Shinn, he left it on for the 2-on-1. In Space, all of SF's Dragoons were dodged and blocked. The point is that the SF's Full-burst wouldn't have hit Destiny(or anyone relevant, for that matter) if it weren't for the Dragoons lining Destiny up for the shot.
If it was beam = end of story
which mean he already defeated him but like we already said
=> Kira don't like to kill his opponent = waste of shots
(instead of just one shot at cockpit = you need 5 shots at mecha hand/leg/head)
so shin can charge, attack without fear for his life
(just protect his weapon)

about Seed mode = Kira have better control (enter it at will while shin need to be in rage mode for it)

and just like how Shin used kira none killing policy (yes, he will kill if he really need too)
//
Kira can used his better control of seed mode in battle

Quote:
Because Aquaman said that Shinn only tanked Zamza-Zah's shots because he's brutal or something. All I did was point out that Shinn also dodged. Why do you need to sound offended?
my bad
though you mean other thing
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 08:03   Link #10364
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Kira won't aim at cockpit = easier to dodge
What do you mean? All pilots usually target the cockpit, meaning it's also the most protected.
It's not like attacking limbs never happen, but it is definitely unexpected, though. But Shinn knows that's how Kira fights, but the Dragoons definitely help there.

Quote:
about Seed mode = Kira have better control (enter it at will while shin need to be in rage mode for it)

and just like how Shin used kira none killing policy (yes, he will kill if he really need too)
//
Kira can used his better control of seed mode in battle
Yes, that's why I said Kira had the upper-hand. Kira needed to activate his Seed to do that iconic blade grasp.
Old 2014-01-04, 11:10   Link #10365
tetsuo69

with or without athrun I'm more than sure kira would had been able to dodge next week lock on from shinn. freedom had already stop spinning by time shin had a lock on. that would give freedom two option, get out of the way or turn around and activated his beam shields for the in coming beam shot. same thing when justice first appear in seed to aid the freedom, freedom had his shield and could had blocked the in coming shot or move out of the way. so no by no means do I consider kira being toast in those two situation. having a hard time against them? yeah
Old 2014-01-04, 12:09   Link #10366
S.Freedom

All I'm going to say is if the railgun shot in this episode had been the Freedoms chest cannon nobody would be arguing over who won/was better between Shin/Kira because Shin would be dead.

And there's more than one way to "win" a fight that doesn't include killing your opponent. Kira won this fight for two reasons 1)Shin was forced to retreat in order to rearm/recover power and 2) Shin wasn't able to get his "revenge" or whatever else he thought he was getting for his families death because Kira held him in check thus preventing him from doing any more damage to Orb than he already had.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 17:09   Link #10367
weirdguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
All I'm going to say is if the railgun shot in this episode had been the Freedoms chest cannon nobody would be arguing over who won/was better between Shin/Kira because Shin would be dead.

And there's more than one way to "win" a fight that doesn't include killing your opponent. Kira won this fight for two reasons 1)Shin was forced to retreat in order to rearm/recover power and 2) Shin wasn't able to get his "revenge" or whatever else he thought he was getting for his families death because Kira held him in check thus preventing him from doing any more damage to Orb than he already had.
it doesn't have to be this battle. from their first battle, Kira could have already killed Shinn. Even during Operation Angel Down, Kira also had the chance to strike Shinn's cockpit. Still, even though Shinn may be an ace, it's already agreed upon that Kira is better than Shinn.
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 21:17   Link #10368
RaidenSix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The details have since been retconned and the information on them have been clarified, so currently the Destiny, Legend, Strike Freedom, and Infinite Justice all utilize a Hyper-Deuterion Nuclear Reactor. The Destiny, however, puts a greater strain on its reactor due to both the wings of light and the mirage colloid system it uses in tandem with the wings of light.

Before the retcon, the Destiny and Legend utilized Hyper-Deuterion Nuclear Reactors, while the Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice still used hypercompact nuclear fission reactors.
Also, they forgot to remove the power cable in the Destiny and Legend launch animations.
RaidenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 22:55   Link #10369
quagmire

Another thing, when Kira catches the anti-ship sword and then rail guns Shinn, where did the beam rifles go? It sort of looks like he just tosses them in the air, catches the sword, takes it away, and then catches the beam rifles.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 22:56   Link #10370
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Another thing, when Kira catches the anti-ship sword and then rail guns Shinn, where did the beam rifles go? It sort of looks like he just tosses them in the air, catches the sword, takes it away, and then catches the beam rifles.
You just said EXACTLY what happened lol

Talk about showing off
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 23:01   Link #10371
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You forgot that he also posed immediately after catching said rifles.
Old 2014-01-04, 23:05   Link #10372
Deadpool2000

Quote:
You forgot that he also posed immediately after catching said rifles.
Hey, if you're gonna give your opponent a big "I am better than you" move you might as well go all the way...
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 00:05   Link #10373
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

SO Kira is even bigger Jesus than before?

DROPPED
Old 2014-01-05, 00:08   Link #10374
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

What? He did the gun throw-and-catch-and-pose in the original run too.
Old 2014-01-05, 00:34   Link #10375
monster

What exactly do you mean by posing? The Strike Freedom caught the guns and positioned its arms down on its side. Is that posing?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 00:47   Link #10376
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually, it swung its arms and its beam rifles out to the side as it fell back, weapons still up in a ready position. The overall posture screamed "bring it!". Perhaps a bit more obvious in the original run, but it's still there.
Old 2014-01-05, 01:12   Link #10377
monster

Quote:
Actually, it swung its arms and its beam rifles out to the side as it fell back, weapons still up in a ready position. The overall posture screamed "bring it!". Perhaps a bit more obvious in the original run, but it's still there.
Ah, okay, I though you meant posing like one would pose for a picture. I agree that Kira did take on a battle stance/posture. It shows that he would concentrate more with this fight than with his last one-on-one fight.

He was definitely more ready this time, although I would say the weapons are still pointed down, not up:
Spoiler for image:
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 02:12   Link #10378
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post

Are you implying that the Impulse and Destiny's most protective part of its body is made of paper?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 03:06   Link #10379
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Are you implying that the Impulse and Destiny's most protective part of its body is made of paper?
He did not imply anything of the sort about the Destiny's armor being weak

What he was referring to was the SF's rail cannons using projectiles, which PS armor is made to withstand

Beams on the other hand gets past that sort of defense, and at the point blank range they were at, Shinn and the Destiny would have been toast (or at the very least severely injured) if Kira chose to fire his chest cannon (which he would never have unless in the most extreme circumstances)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 08:06   Link #10380
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
with or without athrun I'm more than sure kira would had been able to dodge next week lock on from shinn. freedom had already stop spinning by time shin had a lock on. that would give freedom two option, get out of the way or turn around and activated his beam shields for the in coming beam shot. same thing when justice first appear in seed to aid the freedom, freedom had his shield and could had blocked the in coming shot or move out of the way. so no by no means do I consider kira being toast in those two situation. having a hard time against them? yeah
Not particularly true, Kira rarely gets hit, but it does happen. In episode 42 of Seed, Clotho throws his Spherical Breaker at Kira's back, Kira saw it coming, but couldn't react fast enough and gets hit. And I'm pretty sure a thrown Spherical Breaker is slower than your average beam shot. In the same episode, Clotho charges Kira(who was looking in-front of him) with his MS, and gets another hit in. So it's hard to say if Kira could or could not have dodged/blocked in those situations where he needed to be saved by Athrun.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep