AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-08-31, 16:19   Link #781
Maes
その目だれの目?

I'm definitely shooting for at least "Iron Chef" on whichever of my characters(probably my shaman) that I level first.
Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 15:05   Link #782
-RK-
WoW addict

Send a message via AIM to -RK- Send a message via MSN to -RK- Send a message via Yahoo to -RK-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
Ya, the "first only" -titles blow. They sound pretty neat and I would like to get the "prophet" one for my priest, but the fact that you have to skip the journey and go straight to the goal is mind-numbing.
Server first titles are pretty stupid imo. I have the beta and have been working on my death knight as well as my priest and even with the edge and time taken off work I would rather everyone have access to the titles rather than the firsts on the server. Besides, server firsts really have nothing to do with skill which I find really annoying. Its basically, who can stay focussed while simultaneously stay up for 3 days.
-RK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 22:20   Link #783
Maes
その目だれの目?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...6&sid=2000#106

The first to 80 titles are getting trashed, as are the first to 450 skill titles. I'm happy and disappointed at the same time because although I would've fought for some of the titles, now I can be more sane in my leveling.
Old 2008-09-05, 00:58   Link #784
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That thread makes my head hurt. There are so many assholes that seem to like to debate just to debate by turning any and every little thing someones says around and back at them, even if there really is no reason to do so. It is petty, and very asshole-ish.

Especially the round and around on the "You're just being snobbish and assuming" verses "I want the server first titles to stay, but have the names changed so they aren't so lore conflicting" people. It really hurts when the debate takes a turn away from the topic into something that shouldn't have even been an isssue.

And for the record I think the guy debating that Archmage should be unique and "hard" to get is correct. The only thing he did wrong (or perhaps was misquoted into being wrong about) was not stating his argument as "only" a name change. The Level 80 Server First thing was fine for him...he just wanted it to have a different name to the title that wasn't so....grand sounding and epic. The main "troll" baiting him reads like a classic debate team asshole type. The kind of person you play with in a roleplaying game and comes off with every single possible excuss to win because you didn't state everything you did down to the last micro-second and millimeter. Once a player gets to that point, I don't want to play anymore...even if I'm the GM. It takes away any fun left in things.
Old 2008-09-05, 08:37   Link #785
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
WoW forums are a cesspool of stupidity. The only reason I ever read them was for amusement.
Old 2008-09-05, 10:19   Link #786
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@Xellos - Couldn't have said it better myself.

Titles - Meh. Who cares. It's just a piece of data that proves you put IRL aside to get a tag. So what? Honestly, why would someone waste 1k gold just to have 'of the Shattered Sun' next to their name? The only title that means anything to me is those of people who got Arena Titles. That is worthy of respect. Anything else is just farming glory.

The raid buffs for Shaman totems, Lock Imp and etc. - about damn time. It's just common sense.

I love the news players who do Inscripting get a 7th Glyph. That's sealed the deal for me doing Inscripting on my Death Knight.

Apparently Beta results are showing Frost and Unholy are doing mroe dps than Blood. That can't be right....I sincerely hope this is fixed. I want to go Blood. Frost doesn't faze me at all and Unholy has some nice tricks but just looks weird/more PvP oriented. Blood looks so damn nice for raiding and levelling. I've heard there are 5 Death Knight groups that can do Ramparts just fine once they hit Outland. Hilarious.

The one thing that's ticking me off about inscripting is the 125-225 section. 125-175 requires Faedleaf, Goldthorn, Wintersbite and Khadgar's Whisker to make pommaces from for the inks. Wow, 4 herbs that are a freaking pain to find. I decided to buy a crapload of Fadeleaf from the AH instead of farming it because of the rarity of these 4. 175-225 are a mix of weird ones as well. Firebloom, Purple Lotus, Sungrass and a few other mid-late 40s herbs. I have most of what I need now. Just need some 175-225 herbs and then a few passes of some Outland zones, then I'm ready to hit it to 250 on the DK without having to go back to lowbie zones and start herbing before I hit 80.

The Rogue changes from last week are crazy. Tricks of the Trade - yike. Not to mention the reworkings of their trees. Not sure if the Warriors are fixed yet. Mage and Druid changes are nice but they're not convincing me to stay Mage or go back to Druid.

At the moment, like a lot of players, I really can't be stuffed playing or even applying for the beta realm. I've got BoE plate bought up from 60-70, a couple of character banks full of herbs ready along with 3k gold. I just need to do a bit more herb farming, raise the gold fund to 6k then I'm set for Lich King.

Seriously, you know when 100 heavily geared Horde run into Ironforge looking for trouble wipe 3 times over on us Blackrock Alliance and we don't lose a single person to them - people are getting bored. I've barely played the game in a month and I'm only going to in between now and Lich King to finish my DK preparations. Any PvP stuff or whatever that is currently available is about 99% guaranteed to be nullified by Northrend gear.
Old 2008-09-05, 10:45   Link #787
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Honestly, why would someone waste 1k gold just to have 'of the Shattered Sun' next to their name?
I had a shitload of gold.
"of the Shattered Sun" seemed like a nice title, but I would drop it for "Conqueror" anytime. Such a shame I'm no longer playing though.

WotLK is coming up, but I'm doubting if it's worth reactivating my account. There are two main reasons for that:
-Death Knights. No matter how much they twist and bend the lore, I'm having a hard time accepting them. In the same way, I still haven't grown used to the Draenei. The whole "starting at a high level" thing is so awkward aswell. When they talked about hero classes, I imagined "upgrades" to existing classes. Not this.
-I will most likely be bored as soon as I hit lvl 80. I've always been a casual PvP'er, and I don't have much faith in Lake Wintergrasp. It'll probably be something everyone abandons after the first month.

I'm just whining here though. Blizzard did a fine job at making World of Warcraft, but they just failed to keep it interesting to me.
Maybe I'll check it out when it releases, some things may actually turn out well. We'll see.
Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 10:48   Link #788
Maes
その目だれの目?

Quote:
@Xellos - Couldn't have said it better myself.

Honestly, why would someone waste 1k gold just to have 'of the Shattered Sun' next to their name? The only title that means anything to me is those of people who got Arena Titles.
I had nothing better to spend my gold on at the time. And arenas are such a joke now that the titles associate with them are mostly meaningless(to me at least.)

Quote:

Apparently Beta results are showing Frost and Unholy are doing mroe dps than Blood. That can't be right....I sincerely hope this is fixed. I want to go Blood. Frost doesn't faze me at all and Unholy has some nice tricks but just looks weird/more PvP oriented. Blood looks so damn nice for raiding and levelling. I've heard there are 5 Death Knight groups that can do Ramparts just fine once they hit Outland. Hilarious.
They'll tune the damage, or at least they've said they will. The edge that Frost and Unholy have on Blood is that their main DPS abilities are frost or shadow damage and ignore armor where Blood's abilites are all physical damage so armor plays a big part of it. Honestly, try out every spec before you decide what you want to do. I thought I'd like Blood a lot, but it turns out that I love Frost after giving the other trees a shot.

As for the 5-DK groups, they're hilarious but fun and effective. I leveled my DK on beta from 60-64 off of 5-DK Ramparts runs with an odd single BF run for quest purposes. If you can manage to get it done when WotLK goes live then you'll be 68 by the time you get done with Nagrand and be off to Northrend. Also, if you go at 68 I recommend questing in both Howling Fjord and Borean Tundra rather than just one of them, as you'll be 70-71 when you get done with just one and 73 by the time you get done with the other and then move to Dragonblight.

Quote:

At the moment, like a lot of players, I really can't be stuffed playing or even applying for the beta realm. I've got BoE plate bought up from 60-70, a couple of character banks full of herbs ready along with 3k gold. I just need to do a bit more herb farming, raise the gold fund to 6k then I'm set for Lich King.
Honestly the gold will be nice to have as well as the herbs to level Inscription, but gear is unnecessary. You can easily level using the set of gear you get from the DK starting area quests, maybe replacing a couple pieces in Outland and then replacing things as you go in Northrend from quests and/or instances that will likely be better than most of the stuff you can buy right now except things like Red Belt of Battle or Heart of Darkness/Sunmote crafted pieces.
Old 2008-09-05, 10:56   Link #789
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Quote:
Titles - Meh. Who cares. It's just a piece of data that proves you put IRL aside to get a tag. So what?
Don't underestimate the power of e-peen. This is the mmo community we're talking about. Granted, not everyone is crazy for titles, but I can remember in FFXI, people in my linkshell (guild) would ask to get in the alliance (raid group) just before a world boss died to get the associated kill title.
Old 2008-09-05, 11:13   Link #790
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Those "pieces of data" are for some rather important, in this game where everyone looks the fucking same.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 11:44   Link #791
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Fair enough on the titles. But after you've spent 12k for epic flying on 2 characters, pumped about 5k into Alchemy to discover the 5 flasks and the other stuff, 15k into Tailoring and 20k into Enchanting, plus 5k on twink gear for the alts I levelled to 70 (I have six 70s) and a few k on Jewelcrafting, I really couldn't careless on a title. Gold doesn't last with me. It gets spent. As for Arena, well, sounds like you're not in Battlegroup 9. Trust me, after you've versed the pros from Tichondrius, Blackrock and Ner'zhul, you might change your mind. There's BG9 and then there's the rest of the groups. That's the way it is. BG9 is full of PvP fanatics to hell and back.

As for questing, I'm a purist. I don't go to Outland until 60 and I won't be going to Northrend until 70. On my recent character, I was 69 when I finished Nagrand and only needed 2 instance runs after to finish the job. I have no problems with levelling. I'm not running prematurely into Northrend. Not on Blackrock. There is no mercy, no truce, no nothing on this server.

As for looks, everyone I know IRL who plays this only cares about gear. They couldn't careless about titles. But hey, each to their own, if that's what you want, go for it. Just saying that's not how I roll.

I just hope the raiding side is good in Lich King. I did all pre-TBC raids. I despised Motlen Core and Blackwing Lair even moreso. Ahn'Qiraj I loved and Naxxramas was supreme. TBC raiding only interested me for Kara, ZA, Mag and SSC. TK and everything beyond killed any interest I had. I sincerely look forward to going back into Naxx. I only got to clear 10/15 pre-TBC. I'd like to see what they do with it this time. I didn't find a single fight in TBC that came anywhere near to the thrills that Patchwerk, Thaddius, Maexxna and Noth gave. Or Ouro and The Twin Emperors.
Old 2008-09-05, 12:46   Link #792
Xellos
There will be no miracle

I think BG9 is overhyped now IIRC there's been more of a migration away from BG9 recently, but I'm not sure. My character is on Ner'zhul, but was never really serious in pvp. I just used to read a lot of ArenaJunkies.
Old 2008-09-05, 13:29   Link #793
ryuukazi
Empire of the Sun

Send a message via AIM to ryuukazi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
Those "pieces of data" are for some rather important, in this game where everyone looks the fucking same.
Its only an illusion of greatness. Trust me the only thing people would think if anyone had those titles was. "Grats you sat in front of a computer for Hours".

The titles would've needed alot of effort into it to where you couldn't really take a break. You're racing against Hundreds of people(depending on server/class/race for which title)

In short titles only matter on how much you value in it.

Thought I’d never see, The love you found in me, Now it’s changing all the time, Living in a rhythm where the minutes working overtime

Last edited by ryuukazi; 2008-09-05 at 13:44.
ryuukazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 14:28   Link #794
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I can see getting a title for doing something epic or cool first. But doing something that pretty much everyone is going to do (reach level 80) first does not seem all that epic or cool. It is an achievement for sure, and probably should be recognized...but it doesn't deserve such cool sounding titles just to do something first that will be done by just about everyone. (the profession titles could stay I guess, because some people just really don't bother going all the way with those...but reaching 80? everyone will probably do that at least once with a character.)

A title should be fitting of doing something epic and cool..or at least take a while to do (something that not everyone will do). Going in and single handedly killing everything in a building including the elite 80 mob in 10 minutes and bringing in the head first could be epic. Being the first to get up to a specific location that is difficult to reach because of the defenses and terrain and killing the head boss guy there would be epic. Powergrinding to 80 first does not sound epic....it sounds obsessive. A title for obsessiveness doesn't sound all that cool. Being the first to get to the summit of Mt. Everest is pretty title worthy even today because it is difficult to reach the top of Mt. Everest and people die trying. Being the first to step onto Southern most spot of Hawaii is not title worthy. While not everyone will do it, and no one else will do it first...it's not all that hard to do it. In the far future it might be easy to get to the Moon and the title of first man on the Moon might seem trivial...but right now it is epic worthy. Because only 12 men have been on the moon so far. In the near future that will change...but first out of 12 out of billions that haven't been on the Moon is epic worthy in 2008.

A title like "of the Shattered Sun" is not all that cool, but you had to do a lot of quests to reach exulted first, then dole out gold to get the title (donations they say). It is not an epic title, but it makes sense at least since you did spend a lot of time in game specifically helping these people out. It is also not a "one person per server" title either.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2008-09-05 at 14:40.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 20:05   Link #795
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Scarab Lord was a good title. Because very few people did the AQ opening chain on our server. Only 4 people have the Scarab Lord title and the Black Scarab mount on our server. They're all Alliance too.

Look, some of the titles are okay but now it seems like they're spamming them. I think they're getting too into this achievement stuff. It should be something you have to earn and play well for. Just like you have to in Team Fortress 2. Those requires patience, skill and some luck. I'm curious as to what they're going to use these for because they haven't indicated the achievements will unlock anything majorly unique for players in Lich King. Which just makes me wonder why bother. In TF2, it was worth going to that effort for the Backburner, Axtinguisher, Blutsauge, Ubersaw, Sandvich and Natascha.
Old 2008-09-06, 04:01   Link #796
Ending

I bought the "of the Shattered Sun" -title. It's pretty neat even when compared to "Champion of the Naaru." I simply like the sound of it even though the champ's title would tell that I have completed all the tier-4 places. (Which isn't a bad feat, especially on our server, even if you consider it trash.)

I also tried to farm for the white hawkstrider from heroic MgT, but quit before it dropped. Hopefully there are some neat mounts in Northrend or it's back at lv.80
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 05:31   Link #797
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

That hakstrider dropped the 2nd time I went there, I rolled 25 and lost. Didn't see another one after another 100-odd runs. Never seen the Anzu mount drop either.
Old 2008-09-06, 06:13   Link #798
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

I'm fine with my winterspring saber (i farmed it before the ridiculous massive reputation push-up). Though i'd gladly take a yellow hawkstrider. CHOCOBO HOOOOO!

At least i got the phoenix hatchling from Mr. T, never saw the mount drop.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 07:24   Link #799
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I've managed to get the Vitality enchant and Unyielding Girdle pattern from Kael. Seen the mount, hatching and orb drop, didn't get those. Never saw the boar or cat enchants.
Old 2008-09-11, 15:28   Link #800
Maes
その目だれの目?

Random tidbit:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...79894519&sid=1
Quote:
As the state of the game has matured substantially since the inception of Paid Character Transfers, we will now be allowing PvE-to-PvP transfers on a full-time basis to provide players with more mobility and freedom to easily play with their friends.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows