AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-11-30, 03:13   Link #19961
SulliMike23
Soldier of Nod

Send a message via AIM to SulliMike23 Send a message via MSN to SulliMike23 Send a message via Yahoo to SulliMike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allquall View Post
Oh good, so not a bad person? Whew!

As for the origin of the cinnamon buns, that meme came during the first FanFic thread when we got into an argument over whether or not Fate would look good in Princess Leia "bun" hair or not. FamishedBunkmate was writing a horrible Star Wars crossover (It was really bad. I hope it was on purpose, but I only got here at the end of it, so ask TSS.) and kept pestering the thread if Nanoha should be Luke and save the galaxy or Han and get the girl which led to the back and forth of us asking why was Fate Leia when Vivio worked way better. We then said that if he were determined to make Fate Leia then he needed to go all the way with the hair. Satashi (though she encouraged the story) was a complete "non-bun" (because she has no taste ) and starting bitching about cinnamon buns slapped on Fate's skull. That's when 1st FFT then looked like an image thread for a few pages with all the hilarious Bun!Fate fanart until Skyfall put an end to it. FamishedBunkmate blamed Satashi for his/her/its horrible writing and derailing the thread and was soon banned. Finally peace came back for a bit, but Satashi kept including cinnamon buns in her work to piss out FB who I'm sure is still reading this thread.
Oh, so that explains it.
SulliMike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 03:16   Link #19962
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And to add to that, its current connection to making Fate sparkly is from Satashi's Vampire!Fate and is a way of taking pot shots at Twilight's sparkling vampires.
Old 2009-11-30, 03:24   Link #19963
SulliMike23
Soldier of Nod

Send a message via AIM to SulliMike23 Send a message via MSN to SulliMike23 Send a message via Yahoo to SulliMike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And to add to that, its current connection to making Fate sparkly is from Satashi's Vampire!Fate and is a way of taking pot shots at Twilight's sparkling vampires.
Never could understand what was so great about the Twilight series; it even hooked my older sister into it's fancraze. If you ask me, the vampires in Buffy are a whole lot better than the ones in Twilight.
SulliMike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 03:27   Link #19964
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

If there's anything good about Twilight, it's the jokes and unforgiving humor that the series spawns. Or an all-consuming rage.

On a related note, straight answers from FFT? Surely you have not been here for long.
Old 2009-11-30, 04:01   Link #19965
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

As I said before, Twilight must be purged in Olivier's holy flame!
Old 2009-11-30, 07:15   Link #19966
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
My friend's been working on a fanart of Alucard from Hellsing about to slaughter Edward. Rough draft is here.

In more on topic news, I have my next Vivio/Yuuno installment ready to go, and I shall post it once I get to school and can read it over again.
Old 2009-11-30, 07:32   Link #19967
Allquall
The Not-So-Kind One

Send a message via AIM to Allquall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
On a related note, straight answers from FFT? Surely you have not been here for long.
Be nice, Tempy. We're just old and have way too much fun with the young ones. Still up for a drink?
Allquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 07:50   Link #19968
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
It's probably not possible, or if it is I'd have to stretch canon a bit to pull it off, but... what if Clyde, Lindy, Shiro, and Momoko were childhood friends, and Momoko and Shiro chose to live a normal life when they got older?
Badass Ninja Family? Normal Life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
AlternativeS 1 AlternativeS 2 AlternativeS 3a AlternativeS 3b AlternativeS 4 AlternativeS 5
Spoiler for AlternativeS 6-1:

Sorry for the delay <3 Holidays and all ^_^
Oooooo... I like this twist; though it seems to give Jail more credit for diplomacy with lots of different kinds of people than I was aware he had the ability for, Alicia makes more sense in my head not working directly for him.

I really really can't wait for Alicia meeting Fate. I also now ship AltS!Alicia and AltS!Nanoha, despite them not having met.

On a completely unrelated note: 51,000 even last night; I'm a Nanowrimo winner!
Old 2009-11-30, 08:41   Link #19969
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
I completely forgot about the bun!Fate thing @_@

The current meme for sparkling and Fate came from Vampire!Fate. Fate has a sweet tooth for cinnamon, and when its used in baked goods, she gets a little weak in the knees. Nanoha's baking is very good, and Fate often nicks Cinna buns/sticks/rolls from the shelf (which often makes Nanoha scold her for not using the tongs). After a while the running gag became that Fate "Sparkles" when in her cinnamon trance.

Quote:
I really really can't wait for Alicia meeting Fate. I also now ship AltS!Alicia and AltS!Nanoha, despite them not having met.
Jumping the gun a bit there arn't you? @_@
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 08:54   Link #19970
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Jumping the gun a bit there arn't you? @_@
Until a story is done, I'm the least loyal shipper ever. Things solidify a little after the end of the story/season.
Old 2009-11-30, 09:23   Link #19971
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Ok, so like I promised earlier, here's the 3rd installment of my Vivio/Yuuno series. Once again, kudos to Satashi for the inspiration. Warnings for drama and the usual corniness Suffers from 'after school special syndrome' as well

Spoiler for Misstep:

Tried to end on a humourous note rather than a cheesy one No extras this time, but if some one feels up to writing one, I'll happily accept it

As always, I'm looking forward to comments so I can make any improvements, so don't hold back!
Old 2009-11-30, 09:40   Link #19972
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Ok, so like I promised earlier, here's the 3rd installment of my Vivio/Yuuno series. Once again, kudos to Satashi for the inspiration. Warnings for drama and the usual corniness Suffers from 'after school special syndrome' as well

Spoiler for Misstep:

Tried to end on a humourous note rather than a cheesy one No extras this time, but if some one feels up to writing one, I'll happily accept it

As always, I'm looking forward to comments so I can make any improvements, so don't hold back!
For a moment during the dinner scene I thought it was going to go something like this:

Vivio slammed her fist on the table as she stood up.

Vivio: Nanoha-mama!

Nanoha: What is it Vivio? *surprise evident in her face*

Vivio: Step outside with me

*everyone goes outside*

Vivio: Nanoha-mama, I challenge you! *activates Barrier jacket* For the right to be Yuuno-san's one and only girl!

**Lightsaber Duel Ensues**

Very nice though, situations can be easily misunderstood if you think too much hehe. But then again its because people think too much that makes you really appreciate the other person. ^.^

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 10:02   Link #19973
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
On a less related, yet no less amusing note, Lindy gave birth to Chrono when she was 17. Age restrictions clearly have little meaning in any subject in the Nanohaverse.
And why the hell Earth laws should apply to Mid?

Quote:
banged up at 16, or banged up at 17. Either way, according to most Earthen laws that's bellow the age of consent. Might as well not try to think up any excuses and say Clyde -who would then be 22- banged a girl 6 years younger.
Huh? HUH? Age of consent is about 16 on half of the Earth last time i checked. In some places lower. IIRC in Japan it was 13 not long ago, 16 now. In Russia it was 14 for some time, now again 16. In many US states IIRC it's again 16. Etc.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 11:09   Link #19974
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
They shouldn't, but everyone keeps doing it anyway.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 11:19   Link #19975
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
They shouldn't, but everyone keeps doing it anyway.
Because that's what people who read it relate to. Its like Christmas and halloween, Mid doesn't have them but we want to see it anyway. Besides, no matter what you do, someone will either say "Age of consent is 18!" or "That's earth's rules that don't apply on mid!"

So I personally like applying Earth's laws to mid, it places the reader in the world more, I think.
Old 2009-11-30, 11:26   Link #19976
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Badass Ninja Family? Normal Life?
Normal for them, happy?

Quote:
Because we're never given an age of consent law for Mid, so we have to work with what we know based off Earth and whatever state/country we live in. I made 18 the age of consent law for my ViCia series because that's the age of consent in the United States, give or take a few states, and it's what I'm most familiar and comfortable with.

Besides that, it gives me a fun bonus. I get to develop the couple without having to worry about the sexual side of their relationship, at least for another year.
Old 2009-11-30, 11:29   Link #19977
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It's rather obvious by now that the reason many aspects of Mid culture seem rooted in Earth culture is because of lack of imagination by the creators in the general aspects of their world building. It's a rather common syndrome in storytelling when world building is concerned - afterall, you write best what you know, and most of us have never personally seen what an alien culture with a different history looks and feels like. Having a base in a familiar culture also makes the story more accessible to the audience without having to go into a detailed world history, though that depends on the writer's skill (Tolkien has awesome world building).

Still, that doesn't mean we shouldn't have any leeway in changing aspects of the culture that we can to make Midchildan culture a more unique and alien culture - as an example, SaintX even has a naming system for Midchildan months to differentiate it from out standard Januaries and Decembers.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 11:37   Link #19978
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

AlternativeS 1 AlternativeS 2 AlternativeS 3a AlternativeS 3b AlternativeS 4 AlternativeS 5
Spoiler for AlternativeS 6-1:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 6-2:
Old 2009-11-30, 11:41   Link #19979
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
AlternativeS 6-2
The scene I wanted! Cliffhanger!

Where are they? Are they at the park and Yuuno's on a portable console, or is Yuuno pulling up a picture of the park at a console in the IL or something?
Old 2009-11-30, 11:46   Link #19980
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allquall View Post
Oh good, so not a bad person? Whew!

As for the origin of the cinnamon buns, that meme came during the first FanFic thread when we got into an argument over whether or not Fate would look good in Princess Leia "bun" hair or not. FamishedBunkmate was writing a horrible Star Wars crossover (It was really bad. I hope it was on purpose, but I only got here at the end of it, so ask TSS.) and kept pestering the thread if Nanoha should be Luke and save the galaxy or Han and get the girl which led to the back and forth of us asking why was Fate Leia when Vivio worked way better. We then said that if he were determined to make Fate Leia then he needed to go all the way with the hair. Satashi (though she encouraged the story) was a complete "non-bun" (because she has no taste ) and starting bitching about cinnamon buns slapped on Fate's skull. That's when 1st FFT then looked like an image thread for a few pages with all the hilarious Bun!Fate fanart until Skyfall put an end to it. FamishedBunkmate blamed Satashi for his/her/its horrible writing and derailing the thread and was soon banned. Finally peace came back for a bit, but Satashi kept including cinnamon buns in her work to piss out FB who I'm sure is still reading this thread.
This might actually be fun. I can see it now...

Uncle Shiro: You have to check the moisture condensers on the south side.

Nanoha Skywalker: But I wanted to head into Toshley Station to pick up some power converters with my friends.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

---

Yuuno Kenobi: You must learn the ways of magic, if you wish to come with me to Mid-Childa.

Nanoha Skywalker: Magic? Okay!

---

Lindy Solo: My son, Chronobaca, tells me that you're looking for a ship.

Yuuno Kenobi: If she's a fast ship.

Lindy Solo: You've never heard of the Asura Falcon? It made the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs!

Chronobaca: Bllllarrggh!

---

Princess Fate: Aren't your pig-tails a bit too short for an imperial stormtrooper?

Nanoha Skywalker: (takes off helmet): My name is Nanoha Skywalker. I'm here with Yuuno Kenobi. We're here to rescue you!

---

*Yuuno is in a magical dual with Darth Precia, and is struck down!*

Nanoha Skywalker: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Su-zu-P-O: Oh my, Nanoha, you already did your emo shout this fic!

Ar-2-isa-2: beep beep boop beep boop (Why the fuck can't I talk right!?)

---

Instructor: "So you maneuver down this trench and, using your AI device, hit this point to blow it up."

Nanoha Skywalker: (Brings out Raging Heart) Why don't I just shoot it normally from range?

Instructor: Not as much plot suspense that way.

Nanoha Skywalker: (dissapointed) mou.

---

Edit: Page 1000 claim for Nanoha/Star Wars goodness! And a bonus scene from the sequel!

Darth Precia: Nanoha... I am your mother.

Nanoha: Um, no you're not. You're Fate's mother.

Darth Precia: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Director: Cut! This is the wrong movie for that shout!

Last edited by Kaijo; 2009-11-30 at 14:45.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha