AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-11, 10:30   Link #821
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
If the squirrel was indeed mao, that pedo...

Haha that was indeed funny ^^ and scary...pedo Mao
Though that moment really didn't felt like DtB

And from what I remember didn't Mao was with all the dead guys in what Hei saw. So isn't he dead? I mean everyone else there was dead so why should he be alive? He lost his mind when he got too close to the Hell's gate and he reverted back to a cat.
I'm really 99.9% sure he was with Amber Bai and the rest so I do think he died in the first sseason.
Old 2009-10-11, 11:09   Link #822
Sakabatou77

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post

And from what I remember didn't Mao was with all the dead guys in what Hei saw. So isn't he dead? I mean everyone else there was dead so why should he be alive? He lost his mind when he got too close to the Hell's gate and he reverted back to a cat.
I'm really 99.9% sure he was with Amber Bai and the rest so I do think he died in the first sseason.

That's the question, isn't it. A lot of people have discussed this after s1, ep 25 ended. I for one say he died, but here's a theroy. Only a theroy!

Mao had connected into the Syndicate's server and got info on the Doll situation. When Mao twitched, it was because the Syndicate disconnected his link. In doing so, he lost his control on the cat's mind and it took over. (Like he had stated to Hei when he was tailing Gai and the cat took over.)

However, if everybody at the end were dead, then if Mao did die, why was he there. More to the point, why was Hei there as well?

Maybe it was all Amber's doing, maybe messing with his mind some how, or it could have been the meteor shard.
Old 2009-10-11, 11:36   Link #823
klare

the 2nd half of the eps is so good, the excellent bg music, and the idea of the falling stars is cool too

i did not watch season 1, do i really need to?
Old 2009-10-11, 11:42   Link #824
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:

I love that part too. XP

Pecha's sooo luckkkyyyy to get a first attempt on Suou. He he he he...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
  • Is August 7 (why not 8? ) an MI6 agent, or FSB? I read a post here a few pages back that he was from FSB, though his code name suggests that he's from MI6 (could be a double agent too). Anyway, here's hoping he'll leave an impact similar to November 11 by the end.
  • Who are these guys (the ones tapping on the MI6 line)? The preview suggests that they're from the FSB, though they could be from the Syndicate too.

(click to enlarge)
- From official sources (including the site), August 7 is a MI6 operative.

- As for the two, the left guy's Genma Shizume and the right's Mina Hazuki. Both are secret agents for the Third Chief Clerk in the 2nd Investigative Division of the Statistics Bureau of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. (PS - Not sure on the current structure of the MIAC) The ministry works as a sort of interior department/ministry in other parts of the world. I'm still thinking why can't they work for the PSIA.

And for their powers.

Spoiler:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2009-10-11 at 12:07.
Old 2009-10-11, 11:42   Link #825
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
the 2nd half of the eps is so good, the excellent bg music, and the idea of the falling stars is cool too

I would recommend it.

Without seeing the first season you'll probably miss thinks, Like who the guy with the mask was. (He's the main character of the first season)
Old 2009-10-11, 11:50   Link #826
hero147

The episode had a lackof YIN
Old 2009-10-11, 11:54   Link #827
RGB

Damn stinger. I was really hoping that April would hang around for a bit longer. MI6 won't be the same without her.

Looks like this season I'll be getting my action fix primarily from Simon and Boota Hei and squirrel Mao.
Old 2009-10-11, 12:12   Link #828
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I would recommend it.

Without seeing the first season you'll probably miss thinks, Like who the guy with the mask was. (He's the main character of the first season)
serious... thx man

but this season main looks like Suou
Old 2009-10-11, 12:20   Link #829
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:

I am facepalming as hard as I can. Why do people think they can just skip the first season?
Old 2009-10-11, 12:46   Link #830
dear4life
Contractor

Quote:

Yes, you must. It's not just knowing about what the characters, like Hei and what is special about him, are like; but a little more insite on the gates and how they are linked, the meteor shard, what dolls are, what contractors are, what the Tokyo Explotion is and who caused it and why, etc...
And it's just a great anime to watch.

Quote:
but this season main looks like Suou
I think Hei appears to be a main focus still along with the twins. What is his connection with them, and why did he change so much? That's what I want to know. But you'd have to watch the first season to see how much he's changed.
Old 2009-10-11, 12:52   Link #831
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakabatou77 View Post
That's the question, isn't it. A lot of people have discussed this after s1, ep 25 ended. I for one say he died, but here's a theroy. Only a theroy!

Mao had connected into the Syndicate's server and got info on the Doll situation. When Mao twitched, it was because the Syndicate disconnected his link. In doing so, he lost his control on the cat's mind and it took over. (Like he had stated to Hei when he was tailing Gai and the cat took over.)

However, if everybody at the end were dead, then if Mao did die, why was he there. More to the point, why was Hei there as well?

Maybe it was all Amber's doing, maybe messing with his mind some how, or it could have been the meteor shard.
Well Hei was there cause Amber sent him there with the power of the meteor fragment(I think). But then again when that thing activated all contractors should have died and gone to the same place including Hei. This would explain why Mao was there (there weren't only contractors there) But after their little talk Amber did send Hei back in time just before that thing fired. Thus contractors survived and if Mao was still alive he would have gone back like Hei did. But of course that's only speculation.
I don't really like the idea of a pedo Mao squirrel though
And besides it's not like he can bring something new to the season. Or at least I don't think so.
Old 2009-10-11, 12:55   Link #832
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Woah...so Hei is darker/depressed/gloomy now...as I predicted =D

He went from Mr Nice guy to a crazy killing rampage guy. >_<
Old 2009-10-11, 12:59   Link #833
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
Woah...so Hei is darker/depressed/gloomy now...as I predicted =D

He went from Mr Nice guy to a crazy killing rampage guy. >_<
I wouldnt think of that way, yet.

We have seen him for only a couple of minutes now.
Old 2009-10-11, 13:01   Link #834
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post

Perhaps...but even if he did turn crazy, I wouldn't blame him.

He lost his girlfriend/all his friends/family/job/reputation/etc...basically everything in season one. And now half the world government intelligent agencies are trying to kill him.
I wouldn't be surprised if a part of him wants revenge on society!
Old 2009-10-11, 13:11   Link #835
Sakabatou77

Lightbulb

Quote:
Well Hei was there cause Amber sent him there with the power of the meteor fragment(I think). But then again when that thing activated all contractors should have died and gone to the same place including Hei. This would explain why Mao was there (there weren't only contractors there) But after their little talk Amber did send Hei back in time just before that thing fired. Thus contractors survived and if Mao was still alive he would have gone back like Hei did. But of course that's only speculation.
I don't really like the idea of a pedo Mao squirrel though
And besides it's not like he can bring something new to the season. Or at least I don't think so.
Ooh, I like that speculation a lot! It makes sense. Thanks for that.
Old 2009-10-11, 13:15   Link #836
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I use to love hei but after watching the ep i really just dont like him right now lol
Old 2009-10-11, 13:18   Link #837
dear4life
Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post

That's the eye of a tired, angry, crazy man. Something happened to him, between the Tokyo explotion and this season.
Old 2009-10-11, 13:27   Link #838
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by dear4life View Post

That's the eye of a tired, angry, crazy man. Something happened to him, between the Tokyo explotion and this season.

This happened --->
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
He lost his girlfriend/all his friends/family/job/reputation/etc...basically everything in season one. And now half the world government intelligent agencies are trying to kill him. I wouldn't be surprised if a part of him wants revenge on society!
Old 2009-10-11, 13:32   Link #839
klare

ok ok was kind of hoping no need to watch the full season 1 to continue since this is a very good eps 1...

but looks like no choice if the explanations were done in season 1 and must know more about such an important character
Old 2009-10-11, 13:34   Link #840
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakabatou77 View Post
Ooh, I like that speculation a lot! It makes sense. Thanks for that.
Glad you like it

Maybe we'll get a flashback to see why Hei is so angry and dead serious. He wasn't like this even when he was on a killing sprea in season one. Also maybe the flashback will explain the lack of Yin in this episode.
April smiled at an observation apparition(or however it was called) but didn't yin's one evolved to look like a human. Sure she could still be able to make those but there's no guarantee that that one was hers.
I hope she's ok and at home watching TV and we won't get a flashback of someone shooting her. (since there were a lot of speculation about that)
Closed Thread