AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2005-12-19, 09:36   Link #21
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

poor Zephyra got forgotten in the Hayate harem picture again...

Hayate's dress looks like a priest...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 10:04   Link #22
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurogane_Shiroikaze
@ctrl-z: True, this episode's animation director seems to be the guy that did Episode 07. Well, at least he didn't use the fish-eye angles this episode . The effects were great though.
I personally loved the fish-eye angles. Even though the director was probably copycatting Shinbo Akayuki. Don't forget despite the craptacular drawings, the actual combat animation was excellent. I sure hope his career flourishes. I am serious as can be.

This is the best damn mecha combat action show I have ever seen.

edit: Borrowing Catgirl's avatars until I find my warddrobe, thanks ^_^!

Last edited by DaFool; 2005-12-19 at 11:29.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 14:44   Link #23
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Spoiler for 12:

Unless something really stupid happens in episode 13 this will definitely be one of the best series I've seen. Then again I wanted to watch this series because I loved the original. So go figure. Still out of the new characters I especially love Vita and Hayate. I also like the fact the show didn't wait until the last second to develop the antagonists. Early on they present the Cloud Knights as actually characters. A refreshing change of pace in my view.
Old 2005-12-19, 17:38   Link #24
justsomeguy

Despite how much this series has rocked, I just have a few criticisms, mainly regarding the old characters.

The show is titled Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's, but Nanoha herself did not appear to change or grow over the course of this series. In the first show we got to see her deal with the changes that come about with suddenly gaining magical powers, but in this season she was pretty much a static character. We didn't exactly find out anything new, nor did she grow as a person.
Fate got slightly more attention. We got to see her discomfort around Lindy, and then in episode 11 we learned a whole lot, and she moved on from her past. However, we didn't exactly get to see anything special about her relationship with Nanoha. It just felt like the two were copies of each other, and neither ended up doing anything that was not mirrored by the other.
Arf and Yuuno were almost completely useless, being even more alike in their roles than Nanoha and Fate. Yuuno didn't get to kick ass or do anything special, and Arf got shafted out of her fight scenes with Zafira.
As for Chrono, Lindy, and Amy, no complaints. They didn't gain or lose anymore attention than they got in season 1.

If there is a season 3, then I hope that they focus more on Nanoha. She is the title character, after all.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 18:01   Link #25
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

When did Yuuno ever kick any ass? He binds things. That's what he does. Not counting the very start of episode 1 of season 1 of course. I mean, I like the guy but I'm actually pretty sure Nanoha could do fine in a fight even without him.

That asside, your other complains are fairly valid. It's one of the factors that spawned the "13 or 26 episodes" discussion.

Spoiler for "ep12:
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 18:26   Link #26
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Avys

Episode 4.

Somebody waking up.

Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 18:34   Link #27
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Well to be honest one of the hardest things to do with a second season is to give the new characters proper focus without ignoring the old characters completely. Still maybe it would have worked out better as 26 episodes. Heck I can think of quite a few series that should be 26 episodes instead of 13, but that's another story.
Old 2005-12-19, 20:58   Link #28
hcl4

Something I've been meaning to ask...

*Note I have only seen up to ep 7*

How come Hayate doesn't seem to think the Book of Darkness is well, evil? I mean its called Book of Darkness. Sounds kind of evil to me. Or does she just doesn't know the book's name? I think I need to rewatch a few episodes to make sure.
hcl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 21:55   Link #29
Astria
Velka Knight

Send a message via AIM to Astria
Catgirls, I love your avatars!

That said, I did notice Nanoha seems a little "out of the loop" with the main focus of the story, which made me a little sad, but given that there are simply so many characters grasping for time, it isn't all that surprising. I'm all for a 3rd season!
Astria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 22:17   Link #30
Bleed Kaga
Basketball Star

I think the focus has been divided pretty well. There are many new characters, and it's obvious the intention is for the viewers to like them. Thus, rightfully, they received a lot of screen time for development. Nanoha didn't grow much, which is true, but basically she's already done her development and stayed true to her character (unlike say Kira in GS and GSD). Yes she is the main character, but so is Usagi Tsukino in Sailormoon and she stopped developing in Season 1 . As for Fate, well, without giving spoilers, I would say she got some nice development. In the end, we got an awesome series (one of my all-time favorite barring something wacky happending in the last episode), and the fans basically love all the characters! Which I would think is truly hard to accomplish.

A 3rd season would be nice. Too many characters? Well, just make it a Mahou Shoujo tourament battle.

And a fighting game is absolutely necessary!
Bleed Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 23:21   Link #31
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

oh no lol...I don't want tournament series....a game, yeah, but an anime series....

Graham and Lindy as the unlockable characters lol
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 01:44   Link #32
Lemon
Tiana Lanster Fangirl

Mmmmm I hope its Alright if i post my Avatars, they are not moving or anything, I`ll post most in a spoiler since some might be abit spoilish

I really hopes its alright if i post them here, also, if you have a request, you can PM me, also Credit is nice if you use X3.
Spoiler:
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 06:27   Link #33
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Lemon-san!! You're the greatest!! SO CUTE~~~~~ >w<

Well,

I expected they would ATLEAST give Chrono HALF AN EPISODE to look out of Asura's window and make a refelct on his past. And...please, just another FIVE COOL MINUTES for a serious battle between him and the Masked man (which actually...well, you know that) Not to mention how much I wish to know about Yuuno's past, and yes, see him in more action. He did pretty well in EP2, managing to block+dodge all Vita's attacks while maintaining the protection shield for Nanoha and deal with the magic cage. Actually, I was hoping to see his combination spell with Shamal TTwTT
Really, If they would just focus more on Chrono and Yuuno (as well as giving Yuuno more "manly" look), I'm pretty sure this show would easily finds its way in attracting fangirls as well.
(Umm...don't get me wrong. I am not saying they should make it ChronoxYuuno which is just too eerie =w=ili)

Anyway, one of my friend has proposed an idea for "Mahou Kenkaku Symphonic Kyouya" (Magical Swordsman Symphonic Kyouya) XD.
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 10:46   Link #34
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcl4
*Note I have only seen up to ep 7*

How come Hayate doesn't seem to think the Book of Darkness is well, evil? I mean its called Book of Darkness. Sounds kind of evil to me. Or does she just doesn't know the book's name? I think I need to rewatch a few episodes to make sure.
Since everyone here is too obsessed with the raws and inconsiderate of those watching only the fansubs, I guess I'll have to answer -- this is sort of explained in episode 8 (which will be released soon), but she does know the Book's name as of episode 6 which flashbacked to when the guardian knights first appeared before her and stuff. I don't know why she's more freaked out by it, but the knights did promise that they wouldn't do anything bad with it and just live peacefully together with her also as said in episode 6, which is probably why she's not too frightened or scared of what it can do. She knows it can hurt people, but if its not used that way (which she thinks right now), there's not much to worry about.
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 10:54   Link #35
DaFool
Resident devil

Lemon, that is some really serious photoshopping you did there...how long did it take you? a year ?

Jellyfish Marine, unlike lolicons, shoutacons are pretty rare. So unless they really introduce some real bishies, I doubt there would be many fangirls.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 11:01   Link #36
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Awesome avatars there Catgirls and Lemon
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 18:10   Link #37
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
Since everyone here is too obsessed with the raws and inconsiderate of those watching only the fansubs, I guess I'll have to answer.
I was actually wondering this myself. I've been to a lot of various series boards (don't always post) and there's always been people who watch the raws but for some reason this series seems to have far more people like that. I wonder why that is.

I always try to cover up my spoilers, be vauge with them or outright lie to be misleading, but I greatly apologize if something slipped through.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 19:20   Link #38
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
I was actually wondering this myself. I've been to a lot of various series boards (don't always post) and there's always been people who watch the raws but for some reason this series seems to have far more people like that. I wonder why that is.

I always try to cover up my spoilers, be vauge with them or outright lie to be misleading, but I greatly apologize if something slipped through.
I don't really mind since I also watch it weekly, since well, I translate it, but I feel kind of bad for those who want to talk about it on the thread from just seeing the fansubs, without the raws. Most people use spoiler tags the majority of the time, but sometimes things still slip like the revelation in episode 10 for example.
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 19:23   Link #39
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
The key problem with a season 3 IMO is
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Just in case.:
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 20:04   Link #40
Lemon
Tiana Lanster Fangirl

thanks, if anyone wants be my avatar buddy, i have one like mine with Nanoha (but pink) that says little wish.

Also, I have a Christmas set ^^;.

Spoiler:

Side note to anyone that wants to help me

I`m been lagging on my site updates, and really do need to get the profiles of all the characters of both seasons written and added, but i really dont have time to write this, to anyone who has seen so fare,all of whats ben released and knows the charscters very well, and wants to write up VERY deatiled descriptions of them please do, i will give you credit, please and thank you.

Last edited by Lemon; 2005-12-20 at 20:19.
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote