AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-25, 04:32   Link #9081
DawnEmperor

This kind of reminds me of the Flask plan fighting order. First the president(Medaka/Zenkichi), then his/her second in command(Naze/Zenkichi). Wonder whose gonna fight next?

The reason I note this, is because the flask plan fights seemed a bit like they were pitying the other student council members. Medaka could have fought all of them(yes I know that she would have copied Munakata, but that was more worrying about a side effect than a "weakness" per say). This time, each council member seems a bit more attuned to fight.

Last edited by DawnEmperor; 2012-05-25 at 07:27.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 05:45   Link #9082
summers

I loved it, I did not see this coming as a superpower at all. Its tough to image though, its not the type of thing that I can figure out. I can say if this character wanted to X with her Kanji style she could destroy Y.

Its kinda like the handseal system in Naruto, but this is not random, some can figure out its potential. My guess to remedy the complexity she will just have Kanji all over he body or a short cut, allowing her to do whatever she want.

Lastly the No skill but style things is nice. Now we have plus,minus,zero,not-equal,skill users, and styles.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 07:22   Link #9083
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Alright...so basically we have Plus and Minus Skills and Styles. Zenkichi uses a Style and so did Tsurubami (being a suitor, it makes sense).
I wonder if:

1) Medaka can copy styles;
2) Style users are abnormals, or are they considered Zeros;
3) there is a real difference between Skills and Styles (we know the difference between Plus and Minus skills, but the Styles we've seen so far are very similar to skills).

Also, it's nice to see that Naze is still M for misfortune rather than now being M for pain.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 07:55   Link #9084
Wolfenstein

A style isn't something that's unprecedented to us. It's basically what specials without any skills - be it plus or minus, use.

Tsurubami would probably be considered a special, yet his style(Kamone System) makes him far stronger than any abnormal we've seen so far. Medaka was able to defeat him by copying 1/3 of his style, IIRC.

Kikajima has one(Voice-fightning), Akune has one(Mimicry), Nekomi(Cheating?), etc... Zenkichi was not a special, but a normal, which is why he could only fight regularly and didn't have overtly powerful attributes. Albeit he managed to hang with Abnormals due to his sheer effort of will.

It's just that the suitor's are styles on steroids. Like Nienami's 7 sword-style. I think the suitors are basically off the charts specials. They don't have any plus or minus since they do not posses any skills.

The only exception is Zenkichi's Devil Style, which is neither a plus nor a minus, yet is still a skill.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 08:24   Link #9085
Inarius
★★★★★

oh snap, I wasn't expecting a kanji user.

also, Naze's face was so perverted XD and by the looks of it, the conclusion will come next chapter.

my only question now is will they take her after Naze defeats her with them as well?

if they do Zenkichi will get squished by all those breasts XD....not that he really minds it anyways.
Old 2012-05-25, 08:29   Link #9086
Qilin
Romanticist

Damn. Despite its flaws, it's the occasional bouts of craziness that Nisio Isin inserts into his chapters that keep me reading this series, and the ability to bend reality by shifting kanji is probably the craziest I've seen in a while.

Oh, yes. I'm looking forward to seeing what the other suitors will bring into the table.
Old 2012-05-25, 09:00   Link #9087
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
1) Medaka can copy styles;
i do not think Medaka can copy Styles
and speaking of Styles, how about Zenkichi's Devil Style? i bet he can finally use that ability on the upcoming chapters

EDIT:

after some googling i think Styles vs Skills is like Talent vs Skill
a Talent is inborn or unique in you and you can effortlessly do too, this might be synonymous to Style on this manga's definition
a Skill is something that can be acquired on the environment (ex. school/office/internet/books/etc) by observing/learning (this is how Medaka's The End abnormality is so its the ultimate Skill grabber but i doubt it can grab Styles)

Last edited by j0x; 2012-05-25 at 09:46.
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 09:31   Link #9088
ziggi92

What interest me most now is what kind of vehicles they will Fight on now we seen fight on ship, now on airplane what next ? on CAR or bicycle but more likely a on train.

Looking Foward
ziggi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 10:33   Link #9089
kingstonbeer

Is Zen's devil style is a style in the similar sense to the suitor family's styles?

And what about his ability to draw out other's strength would that be considered a style/plus ability?
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 11:40   Link #9090
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yea Medaka never copied his style, just figured part of it out.
Old 2012-05-25, 11:43   Link #9091
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
She didn't really copy his style. She just solved 1/3 of his Kamome System and that was apparently enough to defeat him.
May as well be considered as she did if she understands it to such a degree she's copied it anyway (she only needs a description to copy). She doesn't need to understand how it works just it does, which she clearly figured out.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 11:45   Link #9092
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
May as well be considered as she did if she understands it to such a degree she's copied it anyway (she only needs a description to copy). She doesn't need to understand how it works just it does, which she clearly figured out.
We know she can copy skills but was it ever stated that she can copy styles?
Old 2012-05-25, 11:51   Link #9093
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
We know she can copy skills but was it ever stated that she can copy styles?
Technically she should be able to but she probably can't (as shounen logic goes), if Kanome system counts as a style. (I was still thinking of it as subgenre of skills but now I think about it it's probably a style)

I mean she can master knowledge, technques and practically anything anyone can learn to do as well as anything they're born with, so unless it's from an outside influence she should logically be able to copy it or at the very least instantly understand how to acquire, it.

Medaka box is weird in the sense that none of it's abilities make any sense what so ever, even amongst shounens. Showns typically have power set or supernatural entities to explain their abilities, e.g chakra reiatsu devil fruits and haki, dying will etc. Medaka box has jack shit it just explains it's shit. It before had something to do with unlocking all the potential of the human mind but that went out the window. So we're pretty much left to assume these things happen with not even the slightest explaination why...

If styles are what they imply unless they come from a completely external source tehy should be learnable by any normal human (or at least any human gifted enough) so that logically means she should be able to copy it. But they probably aren't.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 12:03   Link #9094
Wolfenstein

Given that Ajimu said Medaka could copy Zenkichi's "Maestro" nature that draws out 200% of his companions's abilities and such, I wouldn't be surprised is she could copy such things.

Now, I'm seriously thinking what the hell was the author thinking by naming Zen's personal skill Devil Style. The fact it's neither a plus nor a minus(refer to Naze's quote in the latest chapter) makes me cringe with the feeling that i'm being trolled again.
Old 2012-05-25, 12:08   Link #9095
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Kikajima has one(Voice-fightning), Akune has one(Mimicry)
Those are considered Skills, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
after some googling i think Styles vs Skills is like Talent vs Skill
Actually, Plus/Minus Skills are far more akin to "talents" than anything else, the way they're described.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 12:15   Link #9096
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Those are considered Skills, though.
Nope. That's why Mogana and Akune aren't in the Abnormal Class, but are classified as Specials. Mogana has a powerful lung capacity while Kouki is good at mimicking, apparently. Specials are separate from Abnormals because they don't posses skills.

Only the Abnormals posses an abnormality(plus-skills). Same thing with the minuses possesing a minus(minus-skills).
Old 2012-05-25, 12:19   Link #9097
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I wonder if all this is a refernce to how powers are used in shonen manga altough they usually involve chakra, chi, ki or some other source. How do abnormals get their powers?
Old 2012-05-25, 12:51   Link #9098
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yes, I don't know about them being Styles, but I's sure that Kikaijima and Akune's sctiks are no skills. Skills are basically what makes Abnormals a notch above the rest (Not-Equals seem to be more like Skill creators than users...or something like that...they are weird and not explained >_>)

It's funny...in my eyes while Skills seem overwhelming at times, I still find that Styles are much more versatile and usable in combat (not counting the God Mode skills like stopping time and so on).

And the problem with Medaka Box's theories still stands: We can speculate all we want, but when it comes to the reveals, Nishio usually goes around and kicks us in the ass with a big Chuck Testa.
Old 2012-05-25, 12:54   Link #9099
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Specials are separate from Abnormals because they don't posses skills.
Specials are different from Abnormals because their skills don't rule their entire lives, like they do with Abnormals. Specials still have skills; even Normals can have skills, just that they are not born with them.

The difference is that Normals and Special skills are not supernatural, unlike Abnormals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
How do abnormals get their powers?
To answer your question, and expand upon the above a little, Abnormals are simply born with their abilities, and it seems that while Plus skills have some sort of reality-based, scientific justification, Minus skills do not.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 12:57   Link #9100
Odd

Quote:
Given that Ajimu said Medaka could copy Zenkichi's "Maestro" nature that draws out 200% of his companions's abilities and such, I wouldn't be surprised is she could copy such things.
Actually, Medaka replied saying that she doesn't think it's possible to copy his nature.
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council