AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-14, 08:10   Link #3861
florallia

Mre !!

MRE......Yes, I love it! I love packaged military ration. It had long shelf-life and always ready-to-eat, good for camping or trekking. I experienced to eat 4 different countrie's ration, Japan, UK, US, and Germany.

In late '90, MRE(US) had total update program for raise quality, especially taste. MRE nowaday is not so bad except BLACK BEANS BURRITO.......
Did someone remember Deep Brown bagged MRE? That's horrible, of course. Half of main meal menu was made me puke. Noodle with Chicken, Pressed Turkey Breast, Chilli Beans, it was nightmare. Light brown bagged MRE in ’80〜’90 still had a 30% of inhumanity taste menu out of 12 variants, most of bad menu had tippical ingredient, "chicken". When you saw "CHICKEN something" on the bag, you should exchange to somebody's, swift and secretly. Or swallow it with full of tabasco and cry.
And there's a white bagged MRE, that's made for extreme cold enviroment. Every meal was freeze-dried, it need boiled or not freezed water to eat. And lot of sweeties and sugar within, for extra calories. I experienced that white MRE once, main meal menu was "Strawberry flavoured Oat-meal with Milk", sweet as hell.

British 24h ration is totally good. Better than any food in the UK. No wonder why British forces can maintain its organization by fully volunteered. I ate it at '80 and late '90, main difference was main meal '80 tinned and '90 bagged. Those box contains many toffy and chocolate, that's delicious.

German NATO 24h ration was........urp*sorry my stomach growling. That's totally Greasy. Taste not bad, but Tons of LARDs in every inch of meals!! I don't want to see these golden cans again.

Anyway, Japanese meal. There's no Self-contained one package meal. Because, JSDF is basically Home Guard, they didn't need it. Each JSDF unit had backup by domestic logistics in local area, most of rations is separate package-converted civil boil‐in‐the‐bag foods and tins. Only two of tin is JSDF original menu, that's "Takuwan can"(Yellow Pickles of Daicon) & "Umeboshi can"(little crisp umeboshi). In emergency, or on the field exercises, there's a no-field-kitchen menu of course, Onigiri provided in good case but worst case........there may be only bunch of large size Hard-tuck biscuit & bag of crystal sugar. No Joke!! That's all, folks!!

Last edited by florallia; 2013-01-14 at 08:30.
florallia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 08:25   Link #3862
florallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
One sad note is that the little bottle of tobasco sauce is no longer a universal item, and is only included in the non-vegitarian meals.
I agree. I miss that cute tiny bottle too. Now, there's a dry-powdered tabasco satchel inside, that's lost its aura........
I remember these bottle leaking in many occasion, especially at military surplus MREs. Condiments pack contains Bog-Roll, it soaked up of course. I rub my nose by these once, you know the rest! Thank for not having call of nature that time.
Old 2013-01-14, 08:37   Link #3863
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beri270T3 View Post
I realized this is old, but if I were to throw together a dream team line up it would consist of three troops of three and one command tank.

Reconnaissance Troop
Stuart V
Centaur III
AMC 35

Assault troop
Valentine Mk VII
Somua S35
40M Turan I

Gun Troop
Sherman IV A
Centurion Mk I or Mk V
Stridsvagn m/42

Command
Stridsvagn L-60
Swedish tanks?! Interesting. I wonder if this group is too light on armor and fire power, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Does he do the Anglerfish Dance?
Male doing Anglerfish dance?! The Horror!!!
Old 2013-01-14, 09:04   Link #3864
florallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Now this is a most amusing image:

Appears to be an official image showing Miho with Oaraider, Oarai's local hero. Now I want this to appear in the anime
He's already appears in G&P, you should examin' carefully at the scene of Maiwai Market Place. There's a wrestling show ad on the shop window !
Old 2013-01-14, 09:12   Link #3865
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Appears to be an official image showing Miho with Oaraider, Oarai's local hero. Now I want this to appear in the anime
Now we're speaking my language. Lots of anime want to promote certain parts of Japan, but not enough do it with local heroes. (Maybe Lagrange should've done that. Though Madoka's kind of made herself Kamogawa's local hero anyway...)
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 09:36   Link #3866
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Yamato Nadeshiko to Nihon Sensha
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 09:48   Link #3867
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 10:27   Link #3868
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Male doing Anglerfish dance?! The Horror!!!
He'll have to load himself up first with lots of sake.
Old 2013-01-14, 11:11   Link #3869
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

Spoiler for for quoted images:
Now that's a much more interesting topic of taste to me than rations...
Old 2013-01-14, 11:43   Link #3870
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
NSFW
True Sisterly Love
This is what I've been saying all along (or was I saying that about another pair of sisters in another anime?). This is what they need to do to remove all that family tension that is between them.

Endless "Encouragement" Soul
Old 2013-01-14, 11:43   Link #3871
Sumeragi
Banned

Do they actually have tension? Perhaps this was how they were all along before the incident.....
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 12:54   Link #3872
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Actually, that's a completely wrong statement.

Kyudo is still practiced pretty much equally, except that due to the popularity of kendo pulling in the boys, in pure numerical standards it may appear that the girls are the majority.

Naginatajutsu became "feminine" because it was the prime weapon of the onna-bugeisha due to the advance of history. The use of firearms meant there was not as much of a need for the naginata as before (with the yari, the spear, becoming more important), and this led to the use of the naginata as both a symbol of the social status of women of the samurai class and for actual use in home defense.
I am not disagreeing with that. As you said, if a boy wants to take up a traditional martial art in school, kendo is the obvious choice. That's why I say the gender differences is a side effect. There is no barrier for entry, just that Kendo sucks up the male applicants as you say.

Now, of course Senshado is different. In the case of senshado there is an actual social barrier in associating boys with tanks. So it is not directly comparable.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2013-01-14 at 14:18.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 18:10   Link #3873
Beri270T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Swedish tanks?! Interesting. I wonder if this group is too light on armor and fire power, though.
I specifically handicapped the team of tanks with more focus put on mobility and communications, than either firepower or armour. Most other folks seem to focus on the big and tough beasts than the little snappers. It can make the strategy for the team quite predictable with the reliance on the Centurion for firepower. Granted there is still a lot that can be done with the formation that doesn't focus on taking punishment or dealing it from a mile and a half away.

I'm thinking the Sensha-dou rules would make exemptions for the 20-pdr and the armour protection of later Mks provided the advanced FCS and other technologies like post-war rangefinders are not used.

The alternate to the 40M would have been the 43M Zryni II Assault Gun. In a way it has its own limitations. I also considered the M10, or M10 Achilles before the Stridsvagn m/42, but thought it would be considered unacceptable for safety reasons because of its open top.

And in regards to combat action. The Chi-nu of Ooarai and M4A6 of Saunders never saw combat service, and yet their number was fewer than the Stridsvagn m/42. So units like the Covenanter and Ram which were produced in far greater numbers and never saw action (at least as gun tanks) would be relevant. Even the lesser produced M6 and variants and M2 Medium and variants would qualify.

Last edited by Beri270T3; 2013-01-14 at 19:26.
Beri270T3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 05:15   Link #3874
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

the sale, it so good, hoping for season 2

Quote:
*1, 18,713 Girls und Panzer
*2, 16,782 Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Old 2013-01-15, 05:38   Link #3875
SatelliteCannon

I wonder how the disk shortage is going to effect the final sales stats. You'd figure that not being available on Amazon.jp and on the street for weeks would be a momentum-killer and that final sales could have been a lot higher if all demand was met immediately instead of in sporadic shipment bursts.

I also wonder if we're still going to have shortages once the final episodes in March are broadcasted. Volume 2 I expect to do just as good as volume 1 - though there's a lack of an event ticket and other goodies, episodes 3 and 4 are when the series starts to rock. There's a lot of unusual variables in play, and future anime sales trackers may not be able to use GuP as a benchmark or anything.

Also, it turns out GuP is a mecha series, after all!

YouTube
SatelliteCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 07:55   Link #3876
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatelliteCannon View Post

YouTube
"I am Panzer!", perhaps?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 07:57   Link #3877
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
"I am Panzer!", perhaps?
Yukari: Panzer da. Ore wa Panzer da.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 08:42   Link #3878
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatelliteCannon View Post

YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
"I am Panzer!", perhaps?
Quote:
Yukari: Panzer da. Ore wa Panzer da.

I posted that way back last time... (And turns out that everyone was ignoring it... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Need more tanks and stronger ones...

Of course, more Badass Adorable... Oh wait.
That quote is my post a few months back.

We just need one person as the antagonist. Then we can go "that route".
Old 2013-01-15, 10:07   Link #3879
EroKing

Old 2013-01-15, 16:13   Link #3880
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
the sale, it so good, hoping for season 2
Those are the sales for the first volume? If so they really are pretty good. I'll even venture a guess and say that a second is almost a given with all the popularity the show has*.

*at least that's my hope

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks