AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-11, 18:07   Link #221
mitsuganae

Well that sucks . . .

I thought I could have a glance at the TV Tropes article on this franchise without spoiling myself, but one of the first tropes listed reveals how the next episode will begin.

I hate myself. Utterly.

Let this post serve as a cautionary tale.

I might as well start reading the manga. Sigh . . .
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 07:47   Link #222
blewin

I just watched episode 2. The pace is so fast! already, our main heroine is falling for the guy. Is the pace that fast in the manga too? It seems unreal that for someone who is so much into studying and not feeling the "need" to have people to suddenly feel like wanting to be with people in just one episode!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 08:00   Link #223
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

She's a smart girl! Kinda refreshing for a protagonist, when it comes to the heart.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 08:43   Link #224
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I just watched episode 2. The pace is so fast! already, our main heroine is falling for the guy. Is the pace that fast in the manga too? It seems unreal that for someone who is so much into studying and not feeling the "need" to have people to suddenly feel like wanting to be with people in just one episode!
Yes, as I have already stated in a previous post, this episode is virtually identical to chapter 3 of the manga, including the confession.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 08:49   Link #225
alluka

Great episode. The short guy is likeable, and oh, Natsume, she's my favourite! I love her personnality, her looks and her voice (thought she was voiced by Kana), Tanezaki Atsumi's voice is so cute and it's her 1st role in anime (Hope we hear more of her)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
It seems like he is a natural genius or autistic savant. He does not normally study, apparently, but understands things very easily. Hence, his comment that it is not that hard.
That's the thing I don't really like in shoujo manga/anime. The smart protagonist who shows no effort in doing things like studying. It's just too much used in shoujo. But this anime is so funny I forget about it
Old 2012-10-13, 09:42   Link #226
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Images
scan
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-13, 20:04   Link #227
mistress_kisara

Preview for Episode 3

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 20:11   Link #228
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Love the facial expressions, especially in the 2nd pic. xD
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 20:30   Link #229
Cyrogen

Great show so far, looks to have a very nice mix of characters.

http://wartdf.wordpress.com/
Cyrogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 23:11   Link #230
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Loved the second episode a little bit more than the first. The new addition to the cast worked too I thought. I am in this for the long haul.
Old 2012-10-14, 00:18   Link #231
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2012-10-14, 04:11   Link #232
Lota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Is it so wrong that when I saw the picture I could only see Sasayan? I love all the characters to death, but Sasayan is just so darn... cute and likable

Ahhhh, can't the next episode come sooner? XD
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 04:26   Link #233
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
Is it so wrong that when I saw the picture I could only see Sasayan? I love all the characters to death, but Sasayan is just so darn... cute and likable

Ahhhh, can't the next episode come sooner? XD
Not at all! Sasayan is my favourite character too. He's just so down to earth and a great advisor.

I'm also glad they chose Ohsaka Ryouta to voice him. One of my favourite newcomers
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 13:48   Link #234
ookamigirl

Shizuku confessing to Haru & then taking it back was like wtf??
Of course she was beating herself up afterwards.
Haru is seriously impressive in fights but he's just way too easygoing.
Building a chicken coop was a nice group effort ^^
Haru staying at her house, now that was a surprise!
He was enjoying it though ^^ Shizuku was affected by his presence.
Nice episode!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 13:53   Link #235
RainbowMagnet

Good episode. Animation took a huge dump this week though, lots of QUALITY.

Also the music that was playing during the Yuuzan scenes was kind of jarring.

Just noticed this, but the next episode is titled "summer break", which means that they will probably pick up pace and adapt two chapters next week.

Last edited by RainbowMagnet; 2012-10-15 at 14:58.
Old 2012-10-15, 13:56   Link #236
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowMagnet View Post
Good episode. Animation took a huge dump this week though, lots of QUALITY.
You kidding me? NOOOOOOOOOOO
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 14:07   Link #237
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
You kidding me? NOOOOOOOOOOO
It still looks pretty decent. Just not up to the standards of the first two episodes.

The close-up shots look nice.

Last edited by RainbowMagnet; 2012-10-15 at 14:57.
Old 2012-10-15, 14:34   Link #238
HandofFate

wow, lots of content in episode 3.
cast of characters grew a decent bit as well. It was kind of nice that the bunch of people felt guilty and wanted to make peace with Haru.

Kind of refreshing to see they're weren't just the standard 'scummy group of people'

I thought it was funny when Mizutani confessed, then immediately took it back. It was a pretty natural scene I think for her. Haru getting more characterization. Still doesn't feel like a realistic character yet. The carefree smart-with-no-effort, character, who naturally says lines that makes the female MC heart jump every minute is pretty standard in shoujo that I just can't take them seriously.

The girl from episode 2 was great, even though her role this episode wasn't big. The way she talks and forms around the group is very natural.

The end with Haru adds another point to me seeing this series being similar to Kare Kano, where the male lead has some kind of issue with parents or some effect.
Old 2012-10-15, 15:24   Link #239
Lota

Episode 3.... ok, it was a great episode, imo, but I spent half the time laughing at how warped everybody's faces looked (especially Sasayans) XDD God that was funny. Though I noticed that Shizuku's face (especially her eyes) were really beautiful throughout the whole episode.

Anyway, the episode itself was really fun and interesting to watch, with the group expanding.

Oh, and someone above called Haru carefree... I wouldn't call him that. While it's true that he's really awkward and doesn't always think about the consequences, he really thinks a lot about some things and he definitely has things to worry about, so carefree is a very incorrect word to describe him, imo. And anyway, I don't remember if I liked Haru from the very beginning when I read the manga, but now at least he is a well written character and I think we'll see that soon enough. I don't know, I really like him now and I know a lot of others do as well, so, hopefully, many of you will come to like him too
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 15:36   Link #240
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The comedy was really excellent in this episode. The timing of the jokes was perfect. I enjoyed it a lot.

At first I was really disappointed Shizuku took back her confession but it didn't take long for her to confess again so everything's all right in the end. I didn't really get what Haru meant when he said their love was different, especially since he claimed he has dirty thoughts about her (lol, always so blunt). And there's no doubt Shizuku loves him romantically.

It seems like there is some drama focused on Haru incoming. The guy he is scared of looks a lot like him, so I guess it's his older brother. This should provide good character development for Haru. He needs it.

Tags
romantic comedy, shoujo