AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-04-27, 01:55   Link #1
Tommy
Mr. Prince

La Pucelle: Tactics

Woot! I can't wait till may 5 when this game comes out! I don't think it will top Disgaea but it should definitly be a kick ass game! Anbody else highly anticipating this game along with me?

Well I might as well put some more hours into Disgaea until it comes out. I only made it to level 170 with Laharl before quiting.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 02:45   Link #2
Domasai
_=_Mada Mada Dane_=_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
Woot! I can't wait till may 5 when this game comes out! I don't think it will top Disgaea but it should definitly be a kick ass game! Anbody else highly anticipating this game along with me?

Well I might as well put some more hours into Disgaea until it comes out. I only made it to level 170 with Laharl before quiting.
I'm definitely looking forward to it! Despite its old-school graphical trappings, Disgaea was easily one of the best, not to mention most imaginative, RPGs I've played in a very long time -- so anything from the same squad is bound to be pretty phenomenal.
Domasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 02:59   Link #3
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

What I'm looking forward to is the way they animate the battles.

They're making it so when one of your guys attacks another it'll go to another screen where you see both sides duking it out, Super Deformed, Super Robot Wars/Shining Force style!
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 03:36   Link #4
Secca
nya`
*Artist

whooooa I love Disgaea, raising your own demon army is so much fun.

Specially unleashing the Prinny invasion on Earth. hahaha take that you silly human. ^^

Cannot wait for La Pucelle. >_<
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 03:59   Link #5
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Just don't expect La Pucelle to advance the plot. La Pucelle came out in Japan one year earlier.

If you're waiting for a sequel, the game you want is called Fantasy Brave, which is being brought over by Nippon Ichi themselves.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 05:04   Link #6
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Just don't expect La Pucelle to advance the plot. La Pucelle came out in Japan one year earlier.

If you're waiting for a sequel, the game you want is called Fantasy Brave, which is being brought over by Nippon Ichi themselves.
Holy crap! they have another game coming out this year too! Thanks for the info seriously! Depending on how much I like these next two games Nippon Ichi just might dethrone my beloved Square-Enix for anticipated Rpg releases.

So I know La Pucelle was made before Disgaea but will it have any connection with Disgaea? Or should I say does Disgaea have connection with La Pucelle? But like I said I heard its not as good as Disgaea but I still really want it bad!

And this other game Fantasy Brave is it connected to disgaea's storyline? I saw some screenshots and there looks like theirs a guy that either is Laharl or looks just like him.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 09:02   Link #7
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Does La Pucelle have those secret character too like Disgaea? I heard the secret character in Disgaea is from La Pucelle.

Maybe Laharl or Captain Gordon will show up in Fantasy Brave, that would be cool. ^^
Old 2004-04-27, 11:51   Link #8
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
Holy crap! they have another game coming out this year too! Thanks for the info seriously! Depending on how much I like these next two games Nippon Ichi just might dethrone my beloved Square-Enix for anticipated Rpg releases.

So I know La Pucelle was made before Disgaea but will it have any connection with Disgaea? Or should I say does Disgaea have connection with La Pucelle? But like I said I heard its not as good as Disgaea but I still really want it bad!

And this other game Fantasy Brave is it connected to disgaea's storyline? I saw some screenshots and there looks like theirs a guy that either is Laharl or looks just like him.
I don't think La Pucelle has any direct connection story-wise with Disgaea, except for that they take place in the same "universe". Maybe "Dark Adonis" is in there somewhere. I also think I heard something about the secret character in Disgaea being from La Pucelle.

That does look like an "older" Laharl in those screens so I'm guessing Fantasy Brave is going to be a sequel.
Old 2004-04-27, 14:57   Link #9
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Does La Pucelle have those secret character too like Disgaea? I heard the secret character in Disgaea is from La Pucelle.

Maybe Laharl or Captain Gordon will show up in Fantasy Brave, that would be cool. ^^
I never got that far myself, but I think the secret character you get for beating the witch's castle is Marjoly, the evil (?) witch from the PS1 game Rhapsody, aka Puppet Princess of Marl's Kingdom.

It would be cool if La Pucelle and Fantasy Brave also had characters from some of the other games. Now that Nipon Ichi has a US office, they should make some kind of FF:Chronicle type of collection for the Marl's Kingdom games.

Edit: No wonder I couldn't find any info... it's 'Phantom Brave', not 'Fantasy Brave'.

Last edited by hooliganj; 2004-04-27 at 16:04.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 18:31   Link #10
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
I never got that far myself, but I think the secret character you get for beating the witch's castle is Marjoly, the evil (?) witch from the PS1 game Rhapsody, aka Puppet Princess of Marl's Kingdom.

It would be cool if La Pucelle and Fantasy Brave also had characters from some of the other games. Now that Nipon Ichi has a US office, they should make some kind of FF:Chronicle type of collection for the Marl's Kingdom games.

Edit: No wonder I couldn't find any info... it's 'Phantom Brave', not 'Fantasy Brave'.
Marjoly is insanely hard, she was as strong as Laharl when I fought her and Laharl had great equipment too. The first time I met her, she was lvl 2000 and beat the crap out of Laharl. >_< But once you deafeat her, she'll follow you and become your vassal lvl 2000.

gona look up for Phantom Brave info. ^^

Edit: lol I was wrong, Marjoly actual lvl was 2500 when I first met her. ^^

Last edited by Secca; 2004-05-07 at 14:29.
Old 2004-04-27, 18:35   Link #11
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj

Sorry. My bad. I'll like, refrain from using smileys for the rest of the day.
Old 2004-04-28, 03:10   Link #12
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Btw, they are censoring some stuff in LaPucelle.

They're editing a certain summon and editing out crosses on multiple characters.

One character in particular had guns that looks like a cross. That was edited out, as well as cross ornaments dangling from certain female characters
Old 2004-04-28, 03:31   Link #13
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Btw, they are censoring some stuff in LaPucelle.

They're editing a certain summon and editing out crosses on multiple characters.

One character in particular had guns that looks like a cross. That was edited out, as well as cross ornaments dangling from certain female characters
huh? why? Is La Pucelle contain some ecchi stuffs?
Old 2004-04-28, 03:57   Link #14
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

One of the summons is a bit ecchi (ie: topless) and they edited out the crosses.

Which really made me wonder since FFT managed to not get censored since it did things much worse than LaPucelle.
Old 2004-04-28, 04:34   Link #15
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I don't mind nudity really, game nowadays has bigger violence issue than nudity.

And what's wrong with crosses? why do they have to edit it too?
Old 2004-04-28, 11:42   Link #16
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Religious reasons...which makes absaloutely no sense to me and a lot of fans since FFT managed to get away with all the religous crap they put in the game.
Old 2004-04-28, 13:48   Link #17
Secca
nya`
*Artist

That is just so weird, I didn't know it was sucha big deal. Good thing they cannot do that on Anime. I'll be so mad if they start editting anime because of religious reason.
Old 2004-04-28, 14:49   Link #18
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Religious reasons...which makes absaloutely no sense to me and a lot of fans since FFT managed to get away with all the religous crap they put in the game.
Here's why:

Squaresoft, big. Publisher for FFT...Sony.

Nippon Ichi, small. Publish for La Pucelle...Matrix Games, small. Sony says no.

Xenogears got away with WAY more crap than FFT. There's even a female ass shot in the intro.

Also...VI, why is your avatar a dead bunny rabbit?
Old 2004-04-28, 14:53   Link #19
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Here's why:

Squaresoft, big. Publisher for FFT...Sony.

Nippon Ichi, small. Publish for La Pucelle...Matrix Games, small. Sony says no.

Xenogears got away with WAY more crap than FFT. There's even a female ass shot in the intro.

Cool, then it's a good thing Phantom Brave will be done by Nippon Ichi themself then. ^^
Old 2004-04-28, 17:28   Link #20
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
LOL the bunny isn't dead. It just has a pancake on his head