AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-06, 13:21   Link #321
Nivek von Beldo

Ino was trully mental guy, stole a demon hunter sword and joined them that way

Zenitsu like always a idiot, didn't give time tanjiro to tell she was her sister.

the new omake was unique
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-06, 13:40   Link #322
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-06, 14:48   Link #323
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Starting to love the synergy between those three. Ino just cant get Tanjiro's kindness at all, and Zenitsu was less annoying overall.
Old 2019-07-06, 17:51   Link #324
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

OK, I'm done now. This show has just gotten too stupid, and it looks from the preview like it's not going to get any better. Twenty minutes of screaming lunk-heads just doesn't do it for me.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-06, 18:28   Link #325
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I heard they only covered one chapter and a half once again. And sure enough, the episode felt really slow once more. I know I'm sounding like a broken record but I'm starting to get a bit sick of it. At least there was no obvious padding in this episode but I have to wonder what they're thinking. It doesn't help that I was really looking forward to Inosuke and so far he's turning out to be disappointing. He's basically Bakugo 2.0. And despite his heroic stand last week, Zenitsu remains extremely annoying.

I hope things will improve soon.
Old 2019-07-09, 00:58   Link #326
Applehell

As annoying as Zenitsu can be at times, I'm actually finding Inosuke worse. I feel like I supposed to laugh at his single-minded antics but he just comes grating instead. I really do hope he and Zenitsu improve sooner rather later, as of now their basic personalities are kind of a drag if the humor their supposed to provide isn't hitting.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 01:28   Link #327
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
OK, I'm done now. This show has just gotten too stupid, and it looks from the preview like it's not going to get any better. Twenty minutes of screaming lunk-heads just doesn't do it for me.
They really ruined the last couple of episodes for me.
Old 2019-07-10, 22:33   Link #328
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
And on this episode of the three stooges...

Personally, I laughed quite a bit this episode.
Old 2019-07-13, 14:30   Link #329
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Huh, who would've imagined that Inosuke of all people would have a Spiritual-based special skill?
Old 2019-07-13, 14:47   Link #330
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Huh, who would've imagined that Inosuke of all people would have a Spiritual-based special skill?
I'd correct you, but in all honesty the manga's explanation is total bullshit so yeah let's go with your interpretation. XP
Old 2019-07-13, 16:09   Link #331
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
More useful that Zenitsu but seems he is getting his moment, so the bird is named Ukogi...

Still those spiders were very nasty
Old 2019-07-13, 18:37   Link #332
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't know why Tanjiro and the rest were sent there. A team of ten people higher ranked than them never came back and then they send three of the lowest rank? And now they've suddenly decided to send two highest ranked members without even waiting to see if those three made a difference or not. Why even send them in the first place?
Old 2019-07-13, 21:30   Link #333
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't know why Tanjiro and the rest were sent there. A team of ten people higher ranked than them never came back and then they send three of the lowest rank? And now they've suddenly decided to send two highest ranked members without even waiting to see if those three made a difference or not. Why even send them in the first place?
Seems were different crows, so when the regulat crow was to the original mission, the injured one put the alarm voice that is above the level of rookies/medium and send the Pilar level them, that make sense in a pre radio world when the fog of war was very thick
Old 2019-07-15, 05:11   Link #334
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
thanks, then I won't bother catching up with the series, just give the next episode a chance.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-15, 22:46   Link #335
Applehell

Ok, I've reversed my opinion on Zenitsu and Inosuke.

In fact the later is okay now that his completely lack of social norms are now known and he's stopped trying competite with Tanjiro 24/7. He feels like he kind of developing gradually, Zenitsu on the otherhand, his flaws are really to come across as way too much to outweight any positives he brings to the cast which was minuscule to begin with. He's supposed to be comic relief, but he does neither will at all and actively dragged the episode when he was screen. Ugh

Overall tho, this episode was a step up from last couple, mainly thanks to the 2nd half which felt like a return to form in terms of pacing, direction and general atmosphere. Love the design of the new demons too.

If there one caveat in all of this (besides Zenitsu) it's fact as sad I am admit it really does feel like Nezuko has been completely sidelined in the last several episodes. Hell her box has more screentime than she does now!

There is no good excuse for it either since even if she's not battling she could have been give some time to actually interact with Tanjiro's companions especially since she was the central conflict between them for awhile. That was what last episode should have Zenitsu and instead of Inosuke chewing up the scenery with their antics for nearly an entire thing. Her agency was already kind of limited compared to everyone else, but now Nezuko just feels accessory piece that sometimes comes out fights so don't forget she exist before she heads back into her box.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-20, 17:10   Link #336
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Totally thought the controlled survivors would make it so I was shocked when the demon just snapped their necks.

The scenes with Zenitsu were a complete waste of time. I agree with him though, serious lack of Nezuko.
Old 2019-07-20, 17:20   Link #337
grecefar

Tanjiro even have a form to kill the demons in a kind way?, changing his form in the last moment to make her happy in her death, it was cool and beautiful.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-20, 18:43   Link #338
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Tanjiro even have a form to kill the demons in a kind way?, changing his form in the last moment to make her happy in her death, it was cool and beautiful.
I didn't like it. That was a demon that mercilessly killed his comrades just moments ago, and just because she looked sad, he did this. There should be a limit to how compassionate he is.
Old 2019-07-20, 19:11   Link #339
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well Tanjiro can smell their backstories apparently. XP

But to be fair it was more than just looking sad. Tanjiro could tell from the subtle shift in her body language (and maybe her smell) that she was willing to accept death. And I think that's probably the first time he's encountered a demon who actually wanted it, too.

I think the main take away from that demon was one of irony: that she was no less a puppet on strings than the Demon Slayers she was controlling, and that she's gone through an immense amount of shit to become as vindictive as she was.

And plus at the end of the day she's a demon that needs to feed off people - we've seen exceptional people get through that without losing their sense of value in human life but they're exceptions. Most other demons clearly don't retain much sense of sanity through little to no fault of their own. Ultimately given the actual opportunity she was willing to accept death - she clearly felt there was as little value to her life as there was to the demon slayers she killed.
Old 2019-07-20, 22:46   Link #340
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't like it. That was a demon that mercilessly killed his comrades just moments ago, and just because she looked sad, he did this. There should be a limit to how compassionate he is.
The point of his character is that he has the strength to do what others cannot and the biggest portion of that is his compassion. Test it to breaking point etc, fine, but eventually his role is as an example for the audience. I personally would have it no other way.

BTW, he's somehow clairvoyant about their situations so it's not just because she looked sad

Tags
demon, shonen