AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2004-08-27, 20:13   Link #1
richard nixon

Macross Flash Back 2012 Discussion Thread

Is this particular special liscensed yet because I couldn't find it on this site?
richard nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 21:52   Link #2
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

No, Macross Flashback 2012 has not yet been licensed outside of Japan, and is never likely to be licensed though several companies are interested in doing so. You may want to refere to this thread for more information:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=164
Old 2004-08-29, 02:49   Link #3
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard nixon
Is this particular special liscensed yet because I couldn't find it on this site?

It's not licensed. It's never been on this site purely because it hasn't been fansubbed - there is no dialogue.

It's essentially a music video, although about five minutes of the animation was newly created for it, showing events that take place after the original series.
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 15:00   Link #4
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

There is some dialogue, but only like a line or three scattered throughout.

Also, the new animation makes Flashback 2012 well worth seeing. It closes off the story of Hikaru, Misa, and Minmay.
Old 2008-05-10, 13:47   Link #5
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panon View Post
It's not licensed. It's never been on this site purely because it hasn't been fansubbed - there is no dialogue.

It's essentially a music video, although about five minutes of the animation was newly created for it, showing events that take place after the original series.
It has been fansub before, i have it.

It just never been digisub.
Old 2008-05-11, 08:07   Link #6
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
It has been fansub before, i have it.

It just never been digisub.

really? VHS?!

I remember watching it on V.C.D (haha!so nostalgic..)

but yeah, not much to be subbed, you don't really need to know what's being said.
Old 2008-10-17, 02:54   Link #7
Westlo
Lets be reality

This just got subbed by Anime-Classic, FreelanceFansubs & Live-Evil today, highly recommended!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 06:53   Link #8
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

FLASHBACK 2012 actually needs subs?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 06:55   Link #9
Westlo
Lets be reality

We need karaoke so we can badly sing along Tak

*grumbles something about the legend of Tak singing Diamond Crevasse*
Old 2008-10-17, 06:57   Link #10
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
*grumbles something about the legend of Tak singing Diamond Crevasse*
HEY!! HEY HEY!! Who leaked that, WHO LEAKED THAT!!!!!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-10-17, 07:25   Link #11
Westlo
Lets be reality

I got connections!
Old 2008-10-17, 07:45   Link #12
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Share the dirt, plz?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 02:33   Link #13
Flame-X
Anti-fan

I heard there's some dialogue regarding Minmay's disappearance. Is that true?
Old 2008-10-18, 02:41   Link #14
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X View Post
I heard there's some dialogue regarding Minmay's disappearance. Is that true?
Yes, Minmei left with Hikaru and Misa on the Megaroad I, the vessel later disappeared into the unknown.

Obviously she was not there for the colonization, but to further continue the love triangle and fulfilling 50% of Hippiemori's dream.

- Tak

Old 2008-10-18, 03:02   Link #15
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

The version out now is better than the one that's been out for awhile... I'm glad to have watched it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yes, Minmei left with Hikaru and Misa on the Megaroad I, the vessel later disappeared into the unknown.

Obviously she was not there for the colonization, but to further continue the love triangle and fulfilling 50% of Hippiemori's dream.

- Tak
Explanation of the scene with Hikaru and Misa extending their hands to Minmei...

Minmei was Hikaru's mistress, Misa approved.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 03:14   Link #16
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

- Tak
Well, I don't see how the triangle continued after conclusion of Macross. It's obvious Minmay never meant to pose another challenge for Misa after she was rejected by Hikaru. It's not like the reasoning or the conclusion is different in the series and DYRL.

In my opinion her reason for boarding Megaroad is pretty straight forward. To go on with her life. I can't see her meddling with the wed couple that already has a child.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 09:02   Link #17
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
In my opinion her reason for boarding Megaroad is pretty straight forward. To go on with her life. I can't see her meddling with the wed couple that already has a child.
Oh really? Real life seems to indicate otherwise

- Tak (Its preferably that you don't, but shit happens)

Old 2008-10-18, 10:09   Link #18
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh really? Real life seems to indicate otherwise

- Tak (Its preferably that you don't, but shit happens)
Yeah, I can see it clearly, Misa getting rid of Minmay by sending her flying into the void of space in a plastic bag because she 'got too close'

And there we have it, why Megaroad went missing. Fear of fan/world retaliation

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 03:50   Link #19
ntsan

Now if they have similar staff for firebomber's concert.. ha
ntsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 09:50   Link #20
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

The intent of flashback was to show the final growth of the characters, and to bid them farewell. After the time line of flashback there were a few cd dramas staring Misa, Hikaru, and Minmay on the MegaRoad one Mission. The "triangle was never reformed, nor was it even a focus. Flashback itself displays that very well in the way that it is showing how each character has finally grown out of their worst trait. For Minmay it was not being in touch with reality or the fact that thing wouldn't always go her selfish ways. For Misa it was opening up to others, learning to relax and enjoy life instead of doing everything by the book. Last for Hikaru it was about becoming more serious, less oblivious/indecisive and becoming able to protect and support someone instead of acting like a "kid" all the time.

The creators felt that their story was complete so they thought up the nifty "Mega Road 01" and a mission that would send them away. They didn't "disappear" or go "missing", it's just that none of the newer fleets had the mission of investigating the disappearance of Protoculture by traveling to where they originally came from, the "Center of the Universe."

Oddly Enough, Macross Frontier WAS suppose to have a cross over with Mega Road 01 when the concept for Frontier was first formed back in like 1995 or something lol. But since the VA for Hikaru decided to commit suicide for some reason, the creators permanently retired they whole possibility of a cross over with the Mega Road 01.

Kinda sucks that all that happened since it changed the possibility of a war with the "Supervision Army" into Twisted plots and space bugs >.>. But anyways, I hope that clears it up for some of you who were confused (not baiting/trolling) on this subject.

We(FLF and L-E), are now working on subbing the newly released remaster of Macross: DYRL? for those who are big time Macross fans like we are. If you just want to watch it or whatever, then watch NewLifeAnime's version from 4 or so years ago. The video quality is plenty decent and the translation is superb. We are aiming to have our translation at the same level of accuracy as NLA's did.

Sorry for the rant, just figured I'd get that out there for ppl who care ^^.

Peace~
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote