AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-26, 06:30   Link #21
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Maybe cause there is almost no sub for this series.

So any release date for next ep ?
Old 2009-06-26, 08:15   Link #22
ThoHell

Ep. 3 and 4 are already out. About the sub thing, yeah it's true. There's only 1 subbing group doing it so far and other individuals trying to. Ep 5 comes out late next month.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 20:34   Link #23
achirist

I loved Tenchi Muyo, and I had been waiting for this; but I only knew it existed a few days ago by accidentally finding this thread... I think it is ridiculous that this has garnered so little attention and so few fansub groups. I liked the first episode; I'm interested to know more, about how Kenshi got there, and even though at first I resisted seeing another harem-esque situation that Mashima so often does (very ridiculously in gxp, I think - the main character ending up with twenty five wives, but I didn't watch that one...) But I soon found everything endearing and familiar, yet also fascinating as this authors worlds tend to be. I like the 'dark elf' character.

Last edited by achirist; 2009-06-28 at 21:44.
achirist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 22:38   Link #24
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
I loved Tenchi Muyo, and I had been waiting for this; but I only knew it existed a few days ago by accidentally finding this thread... I think it is ridiculous that this has garnered so little attention and so few fansub groups. I liked the first episode; I'm interested to know more, about how Kenshi got there, and even though at first I resisted seeing another harem-esque situation that Mashima so often does (very ridiculously in gxp, I think - the main character ending up with twenty five wives, but I didn't watch that one...) But I soon found everything endearing and familiar, yet also fascinating as this authors worlds tend to be. I like the 'dark elf' character.
For sure, I hate watching a pure harem without much behind it. Felt the same way about GXP, it didn't seem much of a story just ways in winning a girl with the least effort. Isekai does have a harem thing going on, but it's not an annoying over the top one. It's not like everyone is going around chasing Kenshi.... ok, I take that back, NO ONE WHO IS THE MAIN CHARACTER! Anyways, it's a great series, but man the wait in between episodes is killer. A year for just 13 episodes, good thing they're long and well developed.
Old 2009-07-14, 20:25   Link #25
ThoHell

I have the translation for ep 1-4, anyone want to handle the rest? The rest as in the technical stuff with subbing.
Old 2009-07-14, 20:56   Link #26
achirist

I would if I knew how - but maybe someone in the fansubbing forum could be interested?
Old 2009-07-17, 06:30   Link #27
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I have the translation for ep 1-4, anyone want to handle the rest? The rest as in the technical stuff with subbing.
Good work! I'm sad to notice that there still seems to be no interest from fansubbers, even though someone went ahead and already did the, from what I hear, hardest part in the fansubbing process for them. Or has someone contacted you about it?

If not, I guess you could try and post in the "AnimeSuki's Fansub Help Wanted Classifieds" sticky thread in the Fansub Groups subforum. It's technically for fansub groups who seek members, but I guess it can't harm to offer up the scripts there and see if a group wants to adopt the series with your scripts. Or at least they could direct you to an appropriate thread if it exists.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 06:34   Link #28
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Tenchi Masaki? Jeebus I haven't heard that name in more than a friggin decade.

And by that virtue alone I must investigate this show.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 12:22   Link #29
ThoHell

Well, it appears that Zone-Anime is back and has officially picked up this series. Episode 2 is subbed and finally released!
Old 2009-07-18, 07:06   Link #30
Oberon

Quote:
Well, it appears that Zone-Anime is back and has officially picked up this series. Episode 2 is subbed and finally released!
Great news indeed and it seems they did a pretty nice job with it. Hopefully more people will now get to enjoy the series.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 07:51   Link #31
ThoHell

First resubbing and releasing the full version of ep 1 and then we'll figure out what to do about 3-4. Ep 3-4 are only in very bad raw form.... ep 5..... next week.... wait, I think that's when the BD version of ep 3 comes out as well, so I'm guessing ep 3 will be subbed then.
Old 2009-07-18, 08:30   Link #32
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Here is my thoughts on the subbed ep 2:
Spoiler for politics:

Spoiler for Mecha:

Spoiler for cats:
Old 2009-07-18, 12:51   Link #33
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
as we all know, are a known entity in the Tenchi Multiverse.
Dont think i agree, i've seen almost all the Tenchi series. The only 'gods' that seem to come up are in the OVA's where Washu, Sasami and whats her anime are revealed as higher beings, but they dont claim to be gods.

Also in the GPX series they're refered to as beings from a higher plane.

I'm more inclined to think the cats thing is just one of the quirks the tenchi series is known for. Almost all of the previous shows have had weird quirks in them in one way or another
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 13:11   Link #34
ThoHell

The 3 goddess in Tenchi Muyo are Tsunami, Washu, and Tokimi.

There's a certain mecha that connects some of the series together, it's that Zinv from GXP and Dual Parallel and that just might be a form of it in Isekai.

Before the creation of Jurai, there were humanoids that visited Jurai, whom Tsunami gave 2 sacred tree seeds to. One is in Zinv and another is... don't know yet.

Hope the mysteries will be revealed with upcoming episodes...
Old 2009-07-18, 17:28   Link #35
achirist

Thank you zone-anime for episode 2!

The things I liked about this episode were Kenshi foraging in the forest, and the reappearance of the dark elves; I'm also interested by the conspiracy going on. I didn't like the political content very much, or some of the characters insistence that the status quo of the monarchy / high tech fighting machines was really necessary. The talk of sperm and marriage also depressed me a bit...it makes me wonder what exactly the timeline was? When was Kenshi kidnapped from his own world; did he spend years in training to kill Lashara? Because he doesn't seem very phased now, which tells me it probably didn't just happen...and I think I will be disappointed if they do just have him stay in this world and mass-marry.
Old 2009-07-18, 18:17   Link #36
nphx2040

I watched the first two episodes so far and read on this thread.

In this OVA there are some links to the old Photon OVA one of Masaki Kajishima early works.
First is the powersource of the mechas called Ahou which is also a major powersource in the Photon Anime. The technology which they use seems also similar too.

Second are the names of some character Lashara Earth and Maria Nanadan. If I can recall Photons full name was Photon Earth. Lashara was a pirncess in Photon and Nanadan was the running gag wannebe evil character and fiancee of princess Lashara.

P.S. sorry for misspelling or bad grammar but I am not a native english language speaker.
nphx2040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 21:04   Link #37
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I was wondering earlier; why did the bad guys go through the trouble of summoning someone from another dimension to pilot for them in an assassination? And why did they send out a male mecha pilot as well, something else they also supposedly never do?

Then it hit me.
All the normal pilots were trained at the Holy Land, where everyone knows everyone else. Further, due to the fact that each person's mecha is physically unique, it is IMPOSSIBLE to hide the identity of a pilot from her enemies. More importantly, it is impossible to hide the FACTION that planned the attack.

So how is a nation suppose to assassinate a queen using mecha, without letting everyone know who is behind it?

Apparently the villains of the story did it two ways.

The first way, is that a male pilot is almost never seen piloting, so if they send a guy to fight no one would know who the pilot is, even if the fighting style would give hints for those who met the guy in school. Hence Dagmyer.

The second way, is to simply summon and train a pilot from another dimension secretly. The pilot would literally not exist in any records, and as such allow covert operations to maintain secrecy even if the mecha is seen. Hence Kenshi and Doll.

Man, this is complicated...
Old 2009-07-19, 09:50   Link #38
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
The 3 goddess in Tenchi Muyo are Tsunami, Washu, and Tokimi.
Not sure i agree with them being goddesses, since in the anime they're simply refered to as being from a higher plane. This was interpreted by some to read goddesses, but has been disputed several times. Especially given the fact that there are beings of even greater power than them around. Tenchi is supposedly linked to these other beings in some way. Other than that though, there have been no out and out true deities in Tenchi....yet
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 10:04   Link #39
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
Not sure i agree with them being goddesses, since in the anime they're simply refered to as being from a higher plane. This was interpreted by some to read goddesses, but has been disputed several times. Especially given the fact that there are beings of even greater power than them around. Tenchi is supposedly linked to these other beings in some way. Other than that though, there have been no out and out true deities in Tenchi....yet
These three are the FATES, as in Urd, Skuld and Verthandi. That's as close to goddesses as you can get. (Tenchi Muyo Info book made the hint very early on, referencing that another anime, AMG, used the same plot device.)

The very fact that they were the most powerful creatures in their universe at the time, and that they are completely incomprehensible by technology and indeed, impossible, according to Zero, makes them deities.

You don't need to be omnipotent to be a deity. That's only some people's definition. In the case of the Tenchi Universe, you are , unquestionably, a deity, if you can generate Light Hawk Wings under your own power. Because LHW is the physical manifestation of divinity. The Jurai trees power themselves indirectly through Tsunami, while Ryoko is noted as to have the capacity to use LHWs in the future, given more time for her self-evolution mechanisms to continue.

Tenchi is a young, new god. That's all. Nothing that strange to write home about. Those "other, stronger, beings" are likely from the FUTURE, since the full-power god-Tenchi himself came from the future as well.
Old 2009-07-19, 13:43   Link #40
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
They created the Universe, they can undo past present and future. Tokimi's death would = the end of the 3rd dimension. It's like the gods of mount Olympus, their are different lvls. By the way you're looking at it, is like Catholic's God -- Only one being who created all. Zero said they weren't goddesses, but rather crazy women because of what they're trying to do, which was trying to see if they could create a being to reach their lvl or surpass them. Some may call them goddesses and some may not, but when compared to this world's gods of today and past, they are godly beings. Zeus didn't create the universe, yet he was a god and so many others...